PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Guys I have seen reports on the official forum of people getting a bricked system by simply going into rest mode. If I were you I would try to avoid it until they actually confirm its a problem or they have a fix. Just letting everyone know.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="12190921" timestamp="1414515935"]Only downside i see is games run at 720 p 30 fps on shareplay[/quote]
What did you expect from a service like that? I don't see a downside to being able to play a game with your friends that you don't own.

What did you expect from a service like that? I don't see a downside to being able to play a game with your friends that you don't own.
It's Timbo, he is going to find every negative he can... he's still mad that Xbox's Share game idea was canned for launch with no release date...

I just downloaded the update, I'm gonna give shareplay a go in a bit. Pressing the PS button when you get a message to open it is great, but I did notice that there's still a delay in receiving them :whistle2:?

Last edited by a moderator:
So just got done trying out shareplay with a buddy who lives across the country. I dont have the greatest internet speed but he said there was minimal lag and got through a chapter in The evil within with no probs. After the hour was up you get a message saying it has ended but I was able to send another invite immediately. He had trouble connecting the second time though. Overall its a pretty cool feature that I see myself using a lot. Gonna try out his alien isolation tonight.

Under maintenance for me. I did notice a delay also.
Its been happening for a few weeks now and its very annoying

[quote name="Pliskin" post="12191629" timestamp="1414525752"]So just got done trying out shareplay with a buddy who lives across the country. I dont have the greatest internet speed but he said there was minimal lag and got through a chapter in The evil within with no probs. After the hour was up you get a message saying it has ended but I was able to send another invite immediately. He had trouble connecting the second time though. Overall its a pretty cool feature that I see myself using a lot. Gonna try out his alien isolation tonight.

Its been happening for a few weeks now and its very annoying[/quote]
Yeah I have had the problem off and on. My ps4 right now is a love hate relationship.

I seem to have gotten back online. What I did was sign into my other account on the ps4 then sign into my main and everything is working fine now

Also if you power down the system and boot into safe mode by holding the power down until it beeps twice. Then once in safe mode you rebuild the database. It doesn't delete anything. That worked for me.

Has anyone noticed that when you delete a game now off the hard drive it removes the game data because I was checking to see if The Evil Within save file was intact and it disappears when you remove it but when you boot the disc back up it reappears. This the 1st game I've seen this done with and I'm sure or has to do with the update because my Shadow of Mordor file is still there when I deleted the game.

The themes are pretty cool, my favorite is the "rectangular" one. Gives me some PS2 vibes lol Thank god they let you turn off the background music for them though, some of them are brutal. I do hope they let you use custom ones soon.

Also if it hasn't been mentioned there seems to be an issue with update and the rest/standby feature that's causing an "Orange Light" issue forcing people to completely hard reset systems. Until the issue is fixed it's recommended to not use Rest/Standby and just completely shut the system off.

Yo shareplay is freakin legit. I got to play my friends Alien isolation and Diablo 3 with good picture quality and very minimal lag. Though one my friends internet was too crappy so it wouldn't let him shareplay DriveClub. The gaming gods never want me to play it I guess lol It also seems like the messaging is fixed. I was sending and receiving them without any delay just a while ago. The organization options still need a ton of work as the libraby update is useless IMO. Other then that Im happy with the update.

Anyone playing Lords of the Fallen; I have no clue what I'm doing, where I'm going, and I keep thinking I'm looking for Kelso rather than Kaslo.  

i wonder why shareplay is limited to one hour but you can just reset and keep playing unlmited times. Why not just make it unlmited
So people cant go to work or school and leave it on all day. But I can see this being abused, if you have a good internet connection it works fine. I read on another forum that a guy played samurai warriors 4 for 3 hours back to back. I hope Sony doesn't restrict it more in the future. Also, Im watching a COD AW stream on my ps4 and the guy is gonna pick a few watchers and shareplay it with them. So awesome!

Also if it hasn't been mentioned there seems to be an issue with update and the rest/standby feature that's causing an "Orange Light" issue forcing people to completely hard reset systems. Until the issue is fixed it's recommended to not use Rest/Standby and just completely shut the system off.
Worked 5 or 6 times fine so far for me tonight alone

So people cant go to work or school and leave it on all day. But I can see this being abused, if you have a good internet connection it works fine. I read on another forum that a guy played samurai warriors 4 for 3 hours back to back. I hope Sony doesn't restrict it more in the future. Also, Im watching a COD AW stream on my ps4 and the guy is gonna pick a few watchers and shareplay it with them. So awesome!
until stream gets shut down

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12193119" timestamp="1414559552"]Also if it hasn't been mentioned there seems to be an issue with update and the rest/standby feature that's causing an "Orange Light" issue forcing people to completely hard reset systems. Until the issue is fixed it's recommended to not use Rest/Standby and just completely shut the system off.[/quote]
Yeah I had mentioned it a few posts back.

Updated my system...

I'm going to assume that I still can't pair either of the PS3 media remotes with the PS4? 

I know it's a small luxury but I'm really only looking forward to that and support for youtube and HBO GO

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="12193111" timestamp="1414559259"]Ever since lizard squad hacked psn it's been poopy[/quote]
DDoS is not hacking.

A possible Uncharted Remastered Collection might have been leaked (By Sony of all people).  Taken from Neogaf.

It’s been rumoured that the Uncharted trilogy will be making its way to PS4 in a new and improved HD version, but there’s yet to be any mention of it from Sony, until now.

A post on the EU PS blog innocuously discussing the new YouTube app for PS4 has seemingly let slip that Uncharted 3 is coming to PS4 in some form, courtesy of a screenshot of the upload to YouTube function in action.

uncharted3-youtube.jpg

The screenshot clearly shows the clip being uploaded is from Uncharted 3 – a game that, as of right now, is impossible to play on PS4. It could potentially be captured through PS Now, perhaps, but considering this image is being used by Sony for marketing purposes, it hardly seems like something it would do for the sake of promoting the YouTube app.

Which does, of course, beg the question: was this an intentional ‘leak’ on Sony’s part? And, does this mean on Uncharted 3 will be coming to PS4, or will the rest of the games – as rumoured?

And finally, if the series is coming to PS4, will Naughty Dog be adding in the much-loved Photo Mode from The Last Of Us? We damn well hope so.

So, I don't think anyone answered this question, but my dualshock 4 controller seems to lock into a direction, and I have to fiddle to get it to go in another direction.  Is this a problem others have had?

Anyone else a little bored lately with their PS4?

I know I am but there are some games on the way so my question to you is what do you think about the Last of Us remastered, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition(not to be confused with Battlefield 4 Premium), the new COD, Far Cry 4 and the new AC?

I haven't played Far Cry or AC since the first titles in each series so I'm a little out of touch with those two. I haven't owned a COD since BLOPS1.

I either want a AAA adventure experience with an exciting story and/or a stellar online experience that will keep me entertained for a couple hours a night.

Anyone else a little bored lately with their PS4? I know I am but there are some games on the way so my question to you is what do you think about the Last of Us remastered, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition(not to be confused with Battlefield 4 Premium), the new COD, Far Cry 4 and the new AC? I haven't played Far Cry or AC since the first titles in each series so I'm a little out of touch with those two. I haven't owned a COD since BLOPS1. I either want a AAA adventure experience with an exciting story and/or a stellar online experience that will keep me entertained for a couple hours a night.
Last of Us remastered fits both, single player definitely, never played the online but great reviews.

Thanks for the insight. What do you guys think about the others. I know BF4 is a year old and it was broken on release but is everything resolved now? The content in this premium edition seems epic.

My PS4 automatically went into standby mode/orange light after I let my system update for a couple of hours last night. It wouldn't respond to my DS4 when I tried to power it back on. I just did a hard reset by holding down the power button for 30 seconds on my console.

It had to do a system reboot when I turned it back on since I did the reset but everything with my console seems fine. I can see it screwing people up if they don't know how to do a hard reset and just unplug their console when it's still in standby mode which would be really dangerous.

Thanks for the insight. What do you guys think about the others. I know BF4 is a year old and it was broken on release but is everything resolved now? The content in this premium edition seems epic.
nope, still broken... I would say if you want that type of game get COD advanced warfare tuesday

Another very under the radar game is Shadow of Mordor, even if you don't like Lord of the rings. if you batman Arkham games and assassins creed then the game is amazing

The Last of Us is a must play, and online multiplayer is the only multiplayer I got sucked into.

Anyone else a little bored lately with their PS4?

I know I am but there are some games on the way so my question to you is what do you think about the Last of Us remastered, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition(not to be confused with Battlefield 4 Premium), the new COD, Far Cry 4 and the new AC?

I haven't played Far Cry or AC since the first titles in each series so I'm a little out of touch with those two. I haven't owned a COD since BLOPS1.

I either want a AAA adventure experience with an exciting story and/or a stellar online experience that will keep me entertained for a couple hours a night.
Far Cry 4 seems like the right choice for you. Far Cry 3 was GOTY 2012 IMO. Also it doesn't matter that you never played the other ones. None of the stories go together. Each game is a completely different experience. I personally dropped about 80-90 hours in FarCry3, so you should have no problem spending time in FarCry4. It's an open world FPS, there's tons of collectables, upgrades, and multiple types of missions. There's also animals and vehicles. There is open world co op.

While The Last of Us is a great game. It is kind of linear and won't last as long. I beat the Story in about a week, but I never played the online.

Another game, if you haven't played it, is GTA5.

Update is a bust. Can't sign into YouTube, either the app or to upload videos. Well, I can sign into YouTube, and pick the profile I want to use, but then the PS4 itself spits out an error.

Music player is a let down. I doubt it will allow for custom music for MLB The Show because it's such a flimsy, feature-less application. Can't save music to the hard drive. 

But those are just minor annoyances. The worst is the just-introduced Standby bug that results in affected users being unable to boot the console back out of "Rest" mode. Some people think they have a fix (reinstalling), but it's just a placebo. 

Update is a bust. Can't sign into YouTube, either the app or to upload videos. Well, I can sign into YouTube, and pick the profile I want to use, but then the PS4 itself spits out an error.

Music player is a let down. I doubt it will allow for custom music for MLB The Show because it's such a flimsy, feature-less application. Can't save music to the hard drive.

But those are just minor annoyances. The worst is the just-introduced Standby bug that results in affected users being unable to boot the console back out of "Rest" mode. Some people think they have a fix (reinstalling), but it's just a placebo.
no issue here, like was stated it is a small number of users affected...

personally I love the update! Also word is they upgraded audio to headphones... sounds amazing!!!! And I love the themes, rectangles is amazing!

Anyone else a little bored lately with their PS4? I know I am but there are some games on the way so my question to you is what do you think about the Last of Us remastered, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition(not to be confused with Battlefield 4 Premium), the new COD, Far Cry 4 and the new AC? I haven't played Far Cry or AC since the first titles in each series so I'm a little out of touch with those two. I haven't owned a COD since BLOPS1. I either want a AAA adventure experience with an exciting story and/or a stellar online experience that will keep me entertained for a couple hours a night.
last of us is a must play if you didnt own a ps3. one of the best games last gen is still one of the best games this gen. MP is really fun to, although not a run and gun like CoD or even BF. its way more calculated and slow paced.

FC4 will probably be pretty fun as i had a blast with FC3 on the ps3

AC series i find boring and only played 1 of the games (acII) so i cant really say about that series.

BF4 is trash, i wouldnt support a company that put out that kind of unfinished product. ill never buy a BF game ever again as the series has been on a decline since 3.

heard good things about shadow of mordor, ill be giving that one a go soon.

a few free ps+ games i really enjoyed was outlast, velocity 2x, pix the cat and dust: elysian tail.

the binding of isaac: rebirth is coming out for free for november ps+

also november ps+

psplusnov.jpg
Coming to PlayStation 4 are Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and SteamWorld Dig, Frozen Synapse: Prime and Luftrausers are coming to PS3, and PS Vita owners will be able to download The Hungry Horde and Escape Plan

wowzers...  that is a pretty bad update.  Not a single AAA game...  This content is all $14.99 stuff...  Boo on you Sony...  

SteamWorld Dig is fun.  I guess they want people buying the new games...  This is terrible.

Playstation Lifestyle said Sony pulled the PS+ video because of the negative comments it was getting...  (I doubt that.)  

This update is horrid...  

So guys I got a x1 yesterday and would like to get both consoles NAT setup properly.  I used the settings in the pic for my x1.   Can I get open nat on both just by port forwarding certain ports?  Or am I destined to get some overlap?  

wowzers... that is a pretty bad update. Not a single AAA game... This content is all $14.99 stuff... Boo on you Sony...

SteamWorld Dig is fun. I guess they want people buying the new games... This is terrible.

Playstation Lifestyle said Sony pulled the PS+ video because of the negative comments it was getting... (I doubt that.)

This update is horrid...
i dont mind the ps4 games since i never played the binding of isaac on PC and am really looking forward to that game. although the ps3 games, i can see how people think its lacking. i never even heard of Frozen Synapse. i guess thats the retail game for this month, but ive never seen that before. luftrausers is supposed to be cool but that game has 2 glitched trophies making the 100% impossible.

bread's done
Back