Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I would be playing on PS5 for the next year other than Forbidden West (which if history repeats itself, will just be shittier Breath of the Wild 2 [with a better story to be fair]).
History repeat itself? Horizon Zero Dawn & Zelda BoTW were nothing alike. I don't get the comparison other than open world games. Both extremely successful in what they did. The gap in story between them is an accurate take though.

For now Sony won. Horizon, god of war, spiderman, Wolverine and others. Jesus Christ chill
It was a good showing. Just highlights how underwhelming MS & Nintendo's E3 showcases were. Metroid

Dread & Zelda 2 were the only things that I was interested in from the two of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like that is an overreaction to the comment on not liking superhero stuff. If you interpret it in an insulting way maybe that's more due to having felt that yourselves or been insulted that way before.

Good to see the same trolls are still crapping in this thread even though one of them has a new name since they got banned. Never change CAG!

History repeat itself? Horizon Zero Dawn & Zelda BoTW were nothing alike. I don't get the comparison other than open world games. Both extremely successful in what they did. The gap in story between them is an accurate take though.
It was a spicy take and I respect your opinion in disagreeing.

But if you wanna understand where I'm from from: they both came out at the same time. They both had basically the same elements, mixed in different ways I'll agree. I played them simultaneously and I just remember constantly thinking that I wish Horizon was more like BOTW.

It was a spicy take and I respect your opinion in disagreeing.

But if you wanna understand where I'm from from: they both came out at the same time. They both had basically the same elements, mixed in different ways I'll agree. I played them simultaneously and I just remember constantly thinking that I wish Horizon was more like BOTW.
There aren't many similarities at all between the two games. Zelda is my favorite series in gaming. Having played HZD first it was a bit of a step back playing BotW. I still enjoyed it a lot, but it sits at 4th place on my all time list of Zelda games. Horizon exceeded my expectations with its great graphics, great deep story, combat, enemies & world. I was very surprised coming from this new IP. BotW ran below par at launch (Korok forest was a slideshow), the graphics were nice, but a obvious step down (coming from HDZ), the breakable weapons, lack of enemy variety, lack of unique dungeons, shallow combat, lack of good story & wasted chance to flesh out cool looking characters (Champions) were disappointing. The game play, physics, freedom of movement, game world & puzzles were all top tier though. I know if I had played BotW first those faults would not have been so glaring.

There were things about HZD I liked more than BOTW, but HZD definitely felt antiquated to me after playing BOTW. With BOTW you have all of these deep, systems-driven mechanics that created a really immersive experience for me. There are tons of ways to solve puzzles, environments you could set on fire, hot, cold, and a plethora of immersive mechanics.

HZD by contrast felt a lot more traditional in its design; rarely if ever did anything happen in HZD that the designers clearly didn't map out for me. It isn't a game that rewards exploration and creativity nearly as much. But I agree it was still a really great game and that it had a more interesting overall story, deeper combat, and higher fidelity graphics. I just wish the game had more charm.

Sony's properties generally don't have pleasant quirkiness to them. I'm a big sucker for that.

On the subject of Forbidden West, I'm really worried about what they're going to do with it. I feel like the first game exposed and wrapped up so much, I'm not sure how a sequel can remain interesting. It'll probably be more about the world they're in now, which was the least interesting part of HZD to me by far. Aloy was not my favorite character; her debating with Silens was so petulant at times. I am, at least, looking forward to his return.

I have a price error Far Cry 6 PS5 Gold Edition ordered at amazon for $69.99 $59.99 if anyone is interested in it. I can have it shipped to your place directly. PM me if interested.

Correction: Saw the wrong price in my head for some reason when I checked last. The price is actually $59.99 plus tax.  Far Cry 6 PS5 Gold edition is still available if anyone is interested.

Correction: Saw the wrong price in my head for some reason when I checked last. The price is actually $59.99 plus tax. Far Cry 6 PS5 Gold edition is still available if anyone is interested.
I have the same thing but it's from Walmart. Pre-ordered months ago. It will be interesting to see if they actually ship me the gold edition.

My psn plus expires next week. Should i wait till Black Friday or just buy from cdkeys.com?
Cd keys is pretty high right now compared to what it was a couple months ago. I imagine you could get it for the same $40 around black Friday from other retailers. I would bet cd keys will have it back around $30 eventually.

I'm streaming some F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch if you want to see that in action (link).

Edit: Liking this a lot so far as a more melee action-focused Shadow Complex, as I've seen it described. The combat is good early on, but as buy upgrades from your skill tree to add new combos to your arsenal and find other upgrades in the map, the combat and your ability to explore further grows so much from where you start that it keeps getting better. At the end of the stream, I unlocked the second of three weapons that brings a lot of added moves for unlocking doors I've been passing by for a while and new ways to get around along with some of the fun, ridiculous combos that can be purchased, which is a blast of an addition. The combat is a bit weird to get used to because the dash doesn't have invincibility frames to it and doesn't let you dash through enemies/attacks, so it's a bit different than what you'd expect at first. They do a good job of getting you mobility upgrades early on to let you explore as much of the first area as you want before moving on with the story paths. 

Here's the archive.

Picked up Tribes of Midgard in the weekend sale since I've heard good things.

Not really feeling it so far. Feels like regular survival stuff for the most part, but with the added frustration that whenever you join a multiplayer game, all the resources nearby have already been farmed by other players.
What am I missing?

R-7422109-1441204668-4875.jpeg.jpg

I can't imagine having that many posts per page. The "Go to New Posts" button is already messed up enough when someone posts a bunch of Twitter links with the default settings.

Picked up Tribes of Midgard in the weekend sale since I've heard good things.

Not really feeling it so far. Feels like regular survival stuff for the most part, but with the added frustration that whenever you join a multiplayer game, all the resources nearby have already been farmed by other players.
What am I missing?
Nothing - I was really hyped about it, but there's just not a lot of meat on the bones.

bread's done
Back