PlayStation Network 10 for 2010 Sale

bue

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5198]8146[/IMG-R]The Playstation Blog brings news of many 50% deals to be had in the Playstation Network store which end on Wednesday, Jan 27th. Amazon has some of the deals on their online store too.

:ps3: Critter Crunch $3.49
:ps3: Burn Zombie Burn $4.99
:ps3: Braid $7.49
:ps3: Tank Battles $3.49
:ps3: Uno $3.99
:ps3: Gravity Crash $4.99
:ps3: ZEN Pinball $4.99
:psp: Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament $14.99
:psp: Kurulin Fusion $2.49
:psp: Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign $4.99
:psp: Crystal Defenders PSP $4.99
:psp: Creature Defense $3.99
:psp: Thexder Neo $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='goateesox']I jsut wanted to pose the quick questions, is critter crunch trophy enabled? It doesn't sell the game for me one way or the other, but I wanted to check.[/QUOTE]

It does have trophies.

All these positive comments means I'm pulling the trigger.

Critter Crunch is a really fun game. Well worth the full price and a steal at 3.49. I blind bought it when it first came out, but now there's a demo available, so check it out and see if you like it.

I'm going to wait to see if the PS Store mirrors this price because I have $1.82 sitting in my PSN wallet.

If they chop the price on the blog, I'm sure even more people will pick it up due to the wider exposure.

Lets go PS Store update! :applause:

Best part of Critter Crunch--other than the Rainbow Barf--are the puzzle challenges (eg. "complete this scenario in x number of moves"). Wish there was more of them.

Does anyone know how the Amazon PSN promotional credit works? I'm supposed to have $20 in my account from infamous during the black Friday deals but when I click on get code it asks me for my credit card. Do I have to put my card number in and then it uses my credit or what?

[quote name='UjnHunter']I don't know what is wrong with me... but I have Critter Crunch on my iPhone... and find it absolutely mind numbingly boring and un-fun... :\[/QUOTE]
I didn't particularly enjoy it on the iPhone either but I think it's fantastic on the PS3. Maybe it's the controls, or the loss of fine details graphically, but the package comes together better on the PS3.

It is Thursday, so we might have another PSN sale going on. Amazon does match the sale on the items it has available for sale, so we might see an email from Sony with these items and other items on-sale.

[quote name='shrike4242']It is Thursday, so we might have another PSN sale going on. Amazon does match the sale on the items it has available for sale, so we might see an email from Sony with these items and other items on-sale.[/QUOTE]
That is what I'm hoping for as well shrike!

I'll keep the fingers crossed and hope that Grace Chen makes the blog post!

Critter Crunch IMO is one of the best exclusive games on the PSN, anyone would be a fool not to buy it at that price, it was a steal at 6.99, plus the online multiplayer is a blast as well, tons of play value

[quote name='tdonohu']Does anyone know how the Amazon PSN promotional credit works? I'm supposed to have $20 in my account from infamous during the black Friday deals but when I click on get code it asks me for my credit card. Do I have to put my card number in and then it uses my credit or what?[/QUOTE]

You need to input your credit card just to validate that you're on the US (you can even use a fake/inactive CC as long as the number is for the US and valid). I don't know what would happen if you don;t have credit left (if they'd charge this card or the one you have on file regularly)

I want Critter Crunch but I feel bad paying $3.50 since I like to support developers of these types of games. And it is only $3.50 more.

[quote name='icedrake523']I want Critter Crunch but I feel bad paying $3.50 since I like to support developers of these types of games. And it is only $3.50 more.[/QUOTE]

If you really wanted to support them wouldn't you have already bought the game at full price? I mean it came out in early October.

[quote name='icedrake523']I want Critter Crunch but I feel bad paying $3.50 since I like to support developers of these types of games. And it is only $3.50 more.[/QUOTE]

"I'm supporting the developers by not buying it at all"

Yeah that makes more sense. Because as the person above said, if you really intended on supporting them, wouldn't you have bought the game already? You can buy it right now on PSN for $6.99, are you going to?

[quote name='tdonohu']If you really wanted to support them wouldn't you have already bought the game at full price? I mean it came out in early October.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']"I'm supporting the developers by not buying it at all"

Yeah that makes more sense. Because as the person above said, if you really intended on supporting them, wouldn't you have bought the game already? You can buy it right now on PSN for $6.99, are you going to?[/QUOTE]

I just got my PS3 for Christmas and I've mostly been playing disc games. I haven't had an opportunity to browse through PSN and check out their games. I didn't know about Critter Crunch until just now and am seeing a lot of people recommending it.

I didn't say I wouldn't buy it. Just that I would pay $7 for it instead of taking advantage of this sale.

I can't believe you two are trying to make me look bad for wanting to pay full price to support a developer.

[quote name='anathema728']You can do without ever playing Burn Zombie Burn, it's just a dull twin stick shooter[/QUOTE]
IGN Review says its okay. Says the $10 tag is not too bad (but it's $5 now so even better).

Pros:
- Nice looking animations
- Lots of weapons

Cons:
- Very hard
- Shooting requires R1 button (not R-stick)
- Only 6 levels

[quote name='icedrake523']I just got my PS3 for Christmas and I've mostly been playing disc games. I haven't had an opportunity to browse through PSN and check out their games. I didn't know about Critter Crunch until just now and am seeing a lot of people recommending it.

I didn't say I wouldn't buy it. Just that I would pay $7 for it instead of taking advantage of this sale.

I can't believe you two are trying to make me look bad for wanting to pay full price to support a developer.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I'm a little late with the response, but I was going to say that icedrake is a new addition to the PS3 family and did not have enough time to browse through the PS Store thoroughly.

I'm sure they weren't trying to make you look bad anyway. They didn't know you just bought a system not too long ago. We all just found that out.

Critter Crunch does get quite difficult on the last few levels though...and be prepared to pull some video guides for the puzzles. After repetitive tries on the last few levels I gave up in frustation...wicked aesthetics though - beautiful game.

[quote name='backseatdog']WOW, in for critter crunch! Thanks a bunch OP!!! My little niece had played the demo countless times, now she can actually play the full game lol.[/QUOTE]

Incredible deal for a cute, excellent, and quite fun game.

I bought it for $6.99, and haven't regretted doing so for a second. It's the kind of game you decide to play for 20 minutes, and the next thing you know 2 hours have gone by.

Played the CC demo some more... it's an alright game, but I think I'll pass.

I bought BZB awhile ago for $5 and really enjoy it. It is not dual-stick control which threw me off at first (I was expecting geometry wars controls). You move with the left stick while holding L1 to auto-aim on the closest zombie. That way you can be running in one direction while still shooting at enemeies in any other direction. You can also strafe using L2, but I never use that.

I had never heard of this Critter Crunch game before, but now that I see so many of you recommending it I cant wait to see if it is on sale on the PSN store.

Also, referring to the above posts about supporting developers... How can a CAG truly beleive that? If you are on CAG, you are looking to save money and by doing so, you will rarely pay full price for a game. It sounds commendable and I am all for making sure the good devs can make money to keep making incredible games, but its kind of an oximoron to be a CAG and support devs if you think about it...

Critter Crunch is fun! The Co-Op can get pretty intense too and a lot of cursing can ensue if your partner isn't pulling their weight. :lol:

Played CC for an hour or so - lots of fun! Really wanting to try the co-op with my wife at home or nephew online.

[quote name='turls']They ran out of codes. Happens on Steam frequently. Amazon doesn't own a code generator.[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, Amazon only has a limited number of these that they will sell at this price. This happens all the time with PSN sales through them. They'll get the item back in stock at the regular price.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Furthermore, Amazon only has a limited number of these that they will sell at this price. This happens all the time with PSN sales through them. They'll get the item back in stock at the regular price.[/QUOTE]
I didn't jump on this because of remaining PSN funds in the wallet...

My last hope is the PS Store matching this in the weekly update today. Here goes nothing!

Ha! Ive been wanting CC and was going to get it last week but waited to see if the price would be dropped. Im glad I did

[quote name='Sushi-X']Heh, how can a digital code be out of stock? Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Amazon has an auto-generator for PSN codes. Rather, they are given a certain number of unique codes for each game. Once those codes are depleted, the game becomes unavailable until Sony sends over more codes. The same thing happens with my Sony Rewards program when it comes to their $10 PSN vouchers.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I didn't jump on this because of remaining PSN funds in the wallet...

My last hope is the PS Store matching this in the weekly update today. Here goes nothing![/QUOTE]

I would not count on a sale on the PSN today. Amazon has done this for a few items in the past and about half of them were never on sale on the PSN.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I doubt Amazon has an auto-generator for PSN codes. Rather, they are given a certain number of unique codes for each game. Once those codes are depleted, the game becomes unavailable until Sony sends over more codes. The same thing happens with my Sony Rewards program when it comes to their $10 PSN vouchers.[/QUOTE]I ran into the same issue with Amazon and XBLM 1600 points codes. I had to order six of them for Child's Play prizes and they weren't available when I had to place my orders.

They're still out of stock on those, and it's been about a week:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-1600-Points-Online/dp/B001V7QIDO/

bread's done
Back