PlayStation Plus - 3 Months for $18/1 Year for $50 - 8/24: New Games for September

Damnit I woke up and saw the topic title say new games for September and 8/24 and mixed it up as meaning 3 days from now we get new games! O well, I just hope when the new games come they give something I do not already own for a change...or at least discount a newer game like Joe Danger or Deathspank(50% or more or its not a discount!!

So there were two new games on when I logged in this mourning(at least I have not seen anyone here mention them). One was called Echoes and its yet another PSP mini being given away for free. The other I can not recall the exact name of, but it was called swords and something or something and swords, as I said I can not recall. I have never heard of the game though and the claim on the store is that it is a Playstation + exclusive game....cool! Well, maybe not so cool since they are charging us $10 for it!

I thought the PS+ exclusive demo of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was supposed to come out with this week's update. Is that just for Europe?

Makes me sad Sony is taking the XBL route with demos, since they should be supporting selling games rather than touting them as paid demos. For shame, they're better than this.

[quote name='MSI Magus'] The other I can not recall the exact name of, but it was called swords and something or something and swords, as I said I can not recall. I have never heard of the game though and the claim on the store is that it is a Playstation + exclusive game....cool! Well, maybe not so cool since they are charging us $10 for it![/QUOTE]

It is Swords & Soldiers, which I'm pretty sure is a port of the WiiWare game, so I'm not sure why they are going on about it being "exclusive" except that maybe it is just not on the 360 ;).

It is one of the better WiiWare games, though, and one of the few I actually have bought (and beaten). It is a nice little game - kind of a 1D (or side-scrolling) real time strategy game. I'll wait for it to go on sale or be available for free via PS+ though ;).

Speaking of available for free, I finally got some benefit from those free games. I had almost bought Zen Pinball when it was last on sale but procrastinated. I guess that paid off for me. So now I'm 2 for 4 on the free games. If it continues at that pace (and say I don't have 7 or 8 of the 15 during my 15 months of PS+), then that almost sort of makes PS+ worth it...

For no particular reason I went and beat both Mushroom Wars and Critter Crunch the last few nights - I had bought both earlier in the year. It is really too bad they weren't free PS+ games for me, because I am pretty much done with them at this point except for possibly doing some more of the puzzles in Critter Crunch. But those are ones I could have "expire" at this point (or in 1 year) and wouldn't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']It is Swords & Soldiers, which I'm pretty sure is a port of the WiiWare game, so I'm not sure why they are going on about it being "exclusive" except that maybe it is just not on the 360 ;).
.[/QUOTE]

They're saying it's exclusive with relation to regular PSN members. It's exclusive to Plus members. It'll be available to everyone on the 28th

This version isn't a port of the Wiiware title either as it's in full 1080P, has 3D support, and has online MP. None of that can be found on the Wiiware version as far as I know.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're saying it's exclusive with relation to regular PSN members. It's exclusive to Plus members. It'll be available to everyone on the 28th

This version isn't a port of the Wiiware title either as it's in full 1080P, has 3D support, and has online MP. None of that can be found on the Wiiware version as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, I figured it was HD. But it is still a port more or less if it has the same gameplay and single-player content. I played the game already on the Wii so I see no pointin getting this one. Hopefully it will be a free PSN+ game later though - I'd play through it again if I got it for free ;). If it is significantly different (overhauled campaign, different missions, etc), then I'd consider it to be more than a port and might consider buying it.

Interestingly enough, my son was playing this just yesterday (on the Wii I mean). I think I mentioned to him that it was coming to PSN and I guess that put the idea in his head to play it again.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do you get or prevent demos automatically downloading? I have auto updates set but I don't want the demos.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do you get or prevent demos automatically downloading? I have auto updates set but I don't want the demos.[/QUOTE]

Sadly you can't choose which kind of content to automatically retrieve. Strangely though my system has only downloaded the K&L 2 demo, and the latest firmware update, and nothing else, so I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

Also, once the system queues the demo on your download queue you can cancel it at anytime before it completes

I finally got around to playing and beating Blast Off today... It's not a bad little mini. You fly a little space ship and try to save astronauts while trying not to ram into stuff. I enjoyed it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...on-october-25th-here’s-your-chance-to-get-in/

Killzone 3 beta coming for PS+ people:
Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on October 25th and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:
  • Be(come) a Plus subscriber
  • With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!
  • Download the theme
  • On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 SCEA Plus subscribers and 5,000 SCEE Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.
  • Check your email
  • After you’ve downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won’t be able to contact you.
Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new Operations game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

[quote name='SynGamer']What is the likely time (EST) for the theme to go live?[/QUOTE]

id like to know that too so i can figure out the time zone issues.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...te-bounce-pads-lbp-bloggies-lbp2-beta-update/

The next wave of the LBP2 beta will include some PS+ invites, though it sounds like it'll be for a smaller group than the other new betas.[/QUOTE]

:applause: For me this is happy news. It was hard to get excited about the Killzone 3 beta after playing Killzone 2, but I would LOVE even a chance to get into the LBP2 beta. I have really high hopes for that game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Plus members have been getting so much wonderful beta news lately. Good signs :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, too bad they've resorted to this. I was fine with people getting free stuff and exclusive first access to demos, but to start holding betas hostage is the wrong direction. Anything that promotes sales such as a beta or demo should not be exclusive to anything. Keep shit like that in the M$ camp, Sony.

be sure to go to your account management thing and accept emails from Sony.....I think that's why I possibly may have never gotten an invite to any of the beta stuff, hehe

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, too bad they've resorted to this. I was fine with people getting free stuff and exclusive first access to demos, but to start holding betas hostage is the wrong direction. Anything that promotes sales such as a beta or demo should not be exclusive to anything. Keep shit like that in the M$ camp, Sony.[/QUOTE]

"Resorted" to Holding betas hostage? One of the perks they announced from the beginning was exclusive betas. Maybe you're not aware but the PS3 has had betas like this for years, they just usually trickled out to those that signed up to the Playstation Underground, or directly to a publishers newsletter/website. That's how I got into the LBP beta and a few others back then. I don't know exactly what you're looking for. Do you want a completely public beta? Or just some other way to hold these betas? If you're implying that they should be made completely public, then I assure you that's not what the developer is looking for.

Since you seem to think this is some new thing that Sony is doing, here's the run-down they had since Plus went official at E3:

Plus.PlayStation Plus is an evolving service and the features included at launch will be:
  • Games
  • PS Store Discounts
  • Exclusive offers on select demos, betas and early purchases
  • Full Game Trial
  • Automatic Downloads
So yeah, not getting the whole "they've resorted to this" crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone confirm if by game sharing this subscription, would i be able to join the betas.
That is we, me and the other 4 people game sharing a subscription, would all be able to join the beta?

i really want to get on the lbp2 and kz3 betas but i have not really been getting a straight answer.

might as well ask here too

sorry if this was answered already, but because of the replies im still confused...

are you able to keep the games you download?

i dont understand why they would remotely disable/uninstall them from your hard drive...can they do that?

thanks

[quote name='chrislisting']sorry if this was answered already, but because of the replies im still confused...

are you able to keep the games you download?

i dont understand why they would remotely disable/uninstall them from your hard drive...can they do that?

thanks[/QUOTE]

No. You only keep the game if you keep your plus service active. If you have paid for a game at a discounted rate (plus members get discounts), then it's yours to keep.

[quote name='chrislisting']
[/QUOTE]

They have an expiration date. The only thing I am not sure of is about the DLC.....we will never know until someone's sub ends and they check themselves (Thanks Joystiq for never covering that in your PS+ ending article) ;), there is no expiration date on the file but shows one on some Sony site, some person on the PS forums has some pics; HERE

I (pretty much everyone) just want an answer :drool: Now THAT I don't understand how it can be disabled/deleted or whatever. Many speculate that yes you get to keep it, but that doesn't explain the messages people send to Sony where they either say Yes or No. PS1 games did still work though according to Joystiq, who knows if that got fixed.....:drool::drool:

*could care less about beta invites, just wants more non mini non beta games*

I do not understand the allure of beta invites, you get to play an unfinished game for a week or two...whats the big deal?

[quote name='ssjmichael']"Resorted" to Holding betas hostage? One of the perks they announced from the beginning was exclusive betas.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean it in a sense of only now but in general with regards to PSN+. Previous to PSN+, betas and demos were usually pre-order bonuses, which is fine because it promotes sales on PS3. Now they're just using them to promote PSN+, which doesn't do anything for market share.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The free dynamic Halloween theme is much better IMO.[/QUOTE]

i agree but the first 5000 people who dl the k3 theme get to be part of the k3 beta. just giving plus subs a heads up.

[quote name='lokizz']i agree but the first 5000 people who dl the k3 theme get to be part of the k3 beta. just giving plus subs a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm in then. Awesome.

*owns these games too* Would be nice to get something that was not so old that prior to PS+ it had not been on sale 10x thus ensuring many of us own it. I think Critter Crunch has been the only non mini game we go so far that had not been released for 2 years and on sale a dozen times.

Special PlayStation Plus 10/26 Publish

Automatic Download
The Tester Season 2 – Episode 1 (10/29)

Discounted Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Legends and Killers Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Liars and Cheats Pack (20% off)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/2:
Full Game Trial
God of War I
God of War II

Downloadable Games
God of War I & Phantom of Chaos Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
God of War II & Forgotten Warrior Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Free Games
BreakQuest – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Discounted Games
Tomb Raider 2 (PSone Classic) (50% off)

Early Access/Exclusive Demo
Vanquish Demo – Challenge Mode

Free Add-ons & Themes
God of War III – Dominus Skin (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $0.99)
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $2.99)
Shadowy Graves Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $1.49)

Free Videos
Qore Episode 30 – November 2010

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 2:
Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Qore Episode 29 – October 2010
Bubble Trubble – minis
Heavy Rain Oragami Dog Avatar
Wired Skulls Theme
High Velocity Bowling – PlayStation Move Compatibility Add-on (coming down October 26)

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Alien Breed: Impact (25% off)
Tomb Raider (50% off)

SOURCE

[quote name='Diebythesword']Downloadable Games
God of War I & Phantom of Chaos Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
God of War II & Forgotten Warrior Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)[/QUOTE]
This struck me as confusing: did they extend the GOWIII skins to each of those games or are they just saying you get the GOWIII skin in addition? If it's the latter, then this is misleading since both those skins were pre-order bonuses for GOWIII and definitely not PSN+ exclusive.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Special PlayStation Plus 10/26 Publish

Automatic Download
The Tester Season 2 – Episode 1 (10/29)

Discounted Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Legends and Killers Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Liars and Cheats Pack (20% off)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/2:
Full Game Trial
God of War I
God of War II

Downloadable Games
God of War II & Forgotten Warrior Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Free Games
BreakQuest – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Discounted Games
Tomb Raider 2 (PSone Classic) (50% off)

Early Access/Exclusive Demo
Vanquish Demo – Challenge Mode

Free Add-ons & Themes
God of War III – Dominus Skin (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $0.99)
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $2.99)
Shadowy Graves Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $1.49)

Free Videos
Qore Episode 30 – November 2010

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 2:
Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Qore Episode 29 – October 2010
Bubble Trubble – minis
Heavy Rain Oragami Dog Avatar
Wired Skulls Theme
High Velocity Bowling – PlayStation Move Compatibility Add-on (coming down October 26)

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Alien Breed: Impact (25% off)
Tomb Raider (50% off)

SOURCE[/QUOTE]

damn im glad theyre discounting the rdr dlc i was already going to pay full price for the zombie stuff but with that discount i may get one of the other ones as well. btw i any of you want to try the vanquish challenge mode demo its free on the japaneese psn has been for a few weeks now.

[quote name='lokizz']damn im glad theyre discounting the rdr dlc i was already going to pay full price for the zombie stuff but with that discount i may get one of the other ones as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's only $2 off but they need more stuff like that on day one of releases to make this more enticing. If I see a steady trend of discounts on new releases, I might finally sub.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, it's only $2 off but they need more stuff like that on day one of releases to make this more enticing. If I see a steady trend of discounts on new releases, I might finally sub.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah i keep hoping at some point theyll put the red faction dlc on sale.

[quote name='Jodou']This struck me as confusing: did they extend the GOWIII skins to each of those games or are they just saying you get the GOWIII skin in addition? If it's the latter, then this is misleading since both those skins were pre-order bonuses for GOWIII and definitely not PSN+ exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they are on the store at all so they are pretty 'exclusive' ;)

[quote name='SnorE']any word on what we are getting today?[/QUOTE]

stuff you may want and stuff you may already have and stuff you dont want at all......

so for plus users you get the dominus skin for free as well as the challenge of the exlie arena. just search god of war and youll find it since for some reason the update is there you just have to find it lol. looks like theres a skin bundle up as well with the the diff skins you could get from preordering from diff places as well as the 7-11 skin.

bread's done
Back