PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

I can confirm that Lumines Electronic Symphony works, though it'll bring up a prompt on the PS Store that it doesn't work. Just download it anyway, apply the update, and it'll work just fine. The only issues with the game is that it requires touch for menus, so be sure to have that option on in the PS button menu.
Does the physical copy work? I've heard yes for the digital version, but no for the physical copy.

Does the physical copy work? I've heard yes for the digital version, but no for the physical copy.
If you want to buy me a physical copy, I can test it for you. ;) I don't see why there would be a difference, but I can't say for sure since I'm pretty much all-in on digital for Vita/PS TV.

Now to decide if I double dip on Persona 3 Portable. I have it for PSP on UMD but playing that fullscreen on a TV sounds nice.
Definitely grab it whenever it's on sale next, which shouldn't be too much longer from now.

I don't think Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror is fully compatible. I failed a level and could not select anything to go to the menu or restart the level.

Bad news: Q*Bert Rebooted is not PS TV compatible. Shame on Sony.

Good news: Despite not being listed as compatible, Strider 2 (PSOne Classic) is compatible! Took a little while to figure out how to switch discs, but it runs great.

I don't think Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror is fully compatible. I failed a level and could not select anything to go to the menu or restart the level.
The list isn't necessarily about games that are fully compatible, just those that work. If a game has issues that should be pointed out, you're free to add a note next to its name like some of the others on the list so that others can keep that in mind if they're looking to purchase it.

That specific issue sounds like it doesn't offer button controls for that menu, so you might need to turn on alternate touch controls (analog or touchpad depending on the controller being used) to make that work.

Bad news: Q*Bert Rebooted is not PS TV compatible. Shame on Sony.

Good news: Despite not being listed as compatible, Strider 2 (PSOne Classic) is compatible! Took a little while to figure out how to switch discs, but it runs great.
It's up to the devs/pubs to get their games whitelisted for PS TV, though I don't know if the Vita version uses touch or gyro stuff or not. The Kick & Fennick devs decided not to get their game whitelisted even though the only thing I see that could be an issue are touch menus, which hasn't stopped others from getting their games on PS TV.

It's up to the devs/pubs to get their games whitelisted for PS TV, though I don't know if the Vita version uses touch or gyro stuff or not. The Kick & Fennick devs decided not to get their game whitelisted even though the only thing I see that could be an issue are touch menus, which hasn't stopped others from getting their games on PS TV.
It comes from Loot Entertainment, which AFAIK is owned by Sony. Not that Sony has ever really prioritized Vita and PS TV, but you'd think they'd do their best to support the fledgling PS TV... It was just a letdown because I specifically told them I wanted to stream it from PS TV and they didn't mention compatibility issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It comes from Loot Entertainment, which AFAIK is owned by Sony. Not that Sony has ever really prioritized Vita and PS TV, but you'd think they'd do their best to support the fledgling PS TV... It was just a letdown because I specifically told them I wanted to stream it from PS TV and they didn't mention compatibility issues.
They're under the Sony Pictures label, so it's not the SCEA label proper. Q*Bert is also a Sony Pictures property, but this new version appeared on PC/Mobile first from an external publisher and developer.

That sucks that they couldn't bother to mention that it wouldn't be PS TV compatible to save you the trouble of finding out for yourself.

Couple of quick things.

While I was able to install OlliOlli on the PS TV, I could not play it. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, Injustice is not compatible sadly.

Wait, were you able to play or did you get to the menu? Because I can get to the menu, but can't select anything on the screen.
Okay. The game is working as intended in that case. The problem is that the menus require touch, which you have to turn on to use them.

Hold Down the PS Button > "Use Touch Pointer in Games"

If you're using a DualShock 4, you can use the touchpad for touch controls. For DualShock 3, you press L3 to enable front touch controls with the sticks and R3 for rear touch controls with the sticks. Any time a game seems to be "broken", it's likely because it has touch controls required for something. I'll add a note about this to the list.

Dunno if this is has been asked or not but what are the chances of Uncharted ever being patched for this? As I understand there's some compatibility issues because of how it was used with the VITA so IDK if it's even possible, but I'm curious.

Dunno if this is has been asked or not but what are the chances of Uncharted ever being patched for this? As I understand there's some compatibility issues because of how it was used with the VITA so IDK if it's even possible, but I'm curious.
I doubt it. It uses touch and gyro controls fairly often, so they'd have to do a decent amount of work to overhaul that stuff.

I see the new Umihara Vita game is PS TV compatible (at least it shows the PS TV on the JPN site), so it got me wondering, do JPN games that are PS TV compatible run on the US system?

I see the new Umihara Vita game is PS TV compatible (at least it shows the PS TV on the JPN site), so it got me wondering, do JPN games that are PS TV compatible run on the US system?
Digital or retail? I don't know for sure about retail since I don't really dabble in that stuff, but there might not be an issue if it's whitelisted for PS TV compatibility. Digital wouldn't work as well since you can only have one account on it at a time, so you'd have to dedicate the whole unit to one region or the other for that stuff.

Here are the new additions to the PS Store on PS TV:

Vita

Desert Ashes

htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

PS1

Xevious 3D/G+

Apps

SnagFilms

Good news! The Japanese retail Phantasy Star Nova is fully compatible with North American Playstation TV, and can be updated without issues. You can't download actual DLC from a US account, though.

Proofs:

Phantasy-Star-Nova-Playstation-TV-Twitch-stream-Eastxtwitch_zpspsf8lo8g.jpg

anyone tried dracula x chronicles lately? if no one confirms it as not working until march 3~4 I'll take a leap of faith since it's on sale and there was a firmware update not long ago (in January I think).

Made a few videos of the cheaper games in the Vita Birthday sale for those that are wondering about them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWNFDSYNy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9PReVM85A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdEhLv_IXE

googled around and found one who bought dracula x during this sale and confirmed it as (still) not working on pstv.

guess I'll be waiting for that UK discount then.

These are the new additions to the PS Store on PS TV for this week:

Vita

La-Mulana EX

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

PS1

Aces of the Air

Apps

Hulu Plus

Downloading OlliOlli 2 right now to see if it's playable despite not being up on the PS Store this week.

Edit: OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood works! just grab it from the download list and it'll work just fine.

The new additions to the PS Store on PS TV this week:

Vita

Flame Over

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Scram Kitty DX

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

PS1

Battle Hunter

Big news for Hotline Miami 2. It fully supports the DS3/DS4, so it has the same controls (L2 for looking at your surroundings) as the console versions. The one issue is that lock-ons are tied to square by default, but you can remap it to R3 to make it the exact same controls. It's probably a good idea to turn off touch pointer controls in that case when playing.

I'd love to see more of these compatible games take the extra steps to take advantage of the extra buttons on a DS3/DS4.

i dont think anyone expects them too, but Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Shinobido 2 are confirmed not to work with the PS TV. I didnt see them on the list.

Here are the new additions to the PS Store on PS TV for this week:

Vita

Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype

Tennis in the Face

Vita Demos

Toukiden: Kiwami

PS1

Echo Night

Music

Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut Soundtrack

Two upcoming Vita games that I can confirm are NOT PS TV compatible:

Project Root (darn it!)
Krinkle Crusher

Project Root is a shoot 'em up and will be coming to Xbox One and PS4, so it really should be compatible. The dev tells me they're working on compatibility, so it might get patched shortly after launch.

Here's some PS TV footage of Toukiden: Kiwami from a recent Twitch stream. Tylerh1701, Xero, and I cruised through the first set of missions and beat our first boss. Super fun game in multiplayer, and you can even play online with PS4 players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVGVexWjb4

The latest additions to the PS Store on PS TV:

Vita

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo

LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids

LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Metal Slug 3

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

Toukiden Kiwami

Vita Demos

PS1

Armored Core

I just found this thread today and sent it to a friend. Thanks a whole lot for keeping this thread up to date and creating it. So very helpful. Just one question, if a game is colored grey in the list does that mean you need to transfer it by some other method?

Really wish the lackluster Shinobido 2 would work, seems to me with a proper controller it could be playable :p

I just found this thread today and sent it to a friend. Thanks a whole lot for keeping this thread up to date and creating it. So very helpful. Just one question, if a game is colored grey in the list does that mean you need to transfer it by some other method?

Really wish the lackluster Shinobido 2 would work, seems to me with a proper controller it could be playable :p
It means it was on the original Sony-made compatibility list as a game that should work, but isn't on the PS Store and nobody here has been able to confirm whether it's playable through other means.

Citizens of Earth has a new update that is supposed to make it compatible with PSTV and adds Cross Save support for those with the PS4 version, so it may be added to the PS Store next week.

Curious, how many of you are using the PS TV instead of playing the games on your Vita? I've thought about getting one as I have quite a few Vita games and the idea of playing them on my nice big 4K TV is appealing, but not sure if it's worth the current price as we all expect these things to continue dropping in price. I wanted to know what you guys who own it think and how do the games look blown up on a larger screen?

bread's done
Back