PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

Curious, how many of you are using the PS TV instead of playing the games on your Vita? I've thought about getting one as I have quite a few Vita games and the idea of playing them on my nice big 4K TV is appealing, but not sure if it's worth the current price as we all expect these things to continue dropping in price. I wanted to know what you guys who own it think and how do the games look blown up on a larger screen?
The games look great on it - pretty much like playing a PS3 game.

It's nicer to play on the PS TV because the DualShock has much better sticks than the actual Vita.

I play on the PS TV when I'm sitting in front of it. If I want to play from a different room, I still break out the Vita. I use PS+ cloud saving to transfer saves back and forth, as swapping the memory card around is a hassle.

The games look great on it - pretty much like playing a PS3 game.

It's nicer to play on the PS TV because the DualShock has much better sticks than the actual Vita.

I play on the PS TV when I'm sitting in front of it. If I want to play from a different room, I still break out the Vita. I use PS+ cloud saving to transfer saves back and forth, as swapping the memory card around is a hassle.
You can use a DualShock 3 or 4 right? It's good to know the games look great on the PS TV though, I still feel like I want to wait for that magic $60 or less mark on PSTV though and I feel like it will hit that price sooner rather than later.

You can use a DualShock 3 or 4 right? It's good to know the games look great on the PS TV though, I still feel like I want to wait for that magic $60 or less mark on PSTV though and I feel like it will hit that price sooner rather than later.
It's been lower than that a lot lately.

Forgot to mention, as far as looks, Frisky and I have posted several PS TV videos in this thread.

Yes, it supports DualShock 3 and 4. I use DualShock 3 since I own one already, but DS4 would be a little nicer since its touch surface can be used for touch functions with PS TV.

You can get one for $60 used now. Hopping on during the BestBuy or Amazon sales would've been best, but there still might be another sale to look forward to if you prefer new. Also, a few Amazon sellers had decent deals last time I checked.

Here are the recent additions to the PS Store on PS TV:

Vita

Broken Age

Sayonara UmiharaKawase+

Shovel Knight

Sketchcross

Toukiden: Kiwami

Toukiden's reappearance is because Koei Tecmo puts up bundled versions of their games with some DLC at launch and than replaces it with the barebones version a few weeks later.

Updated the list with the new additions along with adding an additional section for apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm a couple of things that work or don't work on PS TV that have to be downloaded via search or the download list:

Works:

Vita

Jet Car Stunts

Titan Souls - Not on its PS Store

Apps

MLB.TV Premium - Free accounts can watch the Game of the Day for free despite the premium name.

PSP

Me and My Katamari - Uses the face buttons for right stick controls, so it's a perfect fit to remap to the DS3/DS4 right stick.

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - I suspect the other Star Wars PSP stuff works if this does, but I need confirmation on that. RS has alternate control options to use the face buttons as a makeshift right stick that can then be remapped to the right stick on DS3/DS4.

PS1

Suikoden

Suikoden II

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Run Sackboy! Run!

Switch Galaxy Ultra - Supports touch as an option, but has button controls to do everything so there's no reason it couldn't be compatible unless I missed something on Vita.

PSP

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - :whistle2:(

You are right about at least one more Star Wars title: Battlefront II now works via direct download as well.

Went to see if I could get MGS Portable Ops on my PS TV to see if it works and there's not even a download option on the Download List, so it's not Vita compatible through that route. All that's left would be to transfer it to Vita from a PS3 than put that memory card in the PS TV and that's a ridiculous route to take to even test it, so I'd bet that it's not compatible at all. Could be wrong, but I'd prefer Konami make it Vita and PS TV compatible to save everybody the hassle.

I can confirm a couple of things that work or don't work on PS TV that have to be downloaded via search or the download list:

Works:

Vita
Jet Car Stunts
Titan Souls - Not on its PS Store

Apps
MLB.TV Premium - Free accounts can watch the Game of the Day for free despite the premium name.

PSP
Me and My Katamari - Uses the face buttons for right stick controls, so it's a perfect fit to remap to the DS3/DS4 right stick.
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - I suspect the other Star Wars PSP stuff works if this does, but I need confirmation on that. RS has alternate control options to use the face buttons as a makeshift right stick that can then be remapped to the right stick on DS3/DS4.

PS1
Suikoden
Suikoden II

Doesn't Work:

Vita
Run Sackboy! Run!
Switch Galaxy Ultra - Supports touch as an option, but has button controls to do everything so there's no reason it couldn't be compatible unless I missed something on Vita.

PSP
Damn, I just added Gurumin to my cart. Not sure if I want to bite now despite the download only being $2.50 for Golden Week.

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Run Sackboy! Run!

PSP

I asked the publisher to whitelist Gurumin for PS TV and they said they're looking into it. For $2.50, I say buy it and hope for the best. (Alternately, Gurumin is also available on Steam. See my review.)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker does not work on PS TV.

Played some Sketchcross and it works quite well.

I'm going to go through the list of Vita demos that I have to see what works on PS TV to improve that part of the list when I can today.

Here's Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron in action on PS TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpTGeQbPDOU

It might not have audio or something like that since Youtube's Content ID exploded at the thought of footage of this game appearing on Youtube. I have a video of The Force Unleashed that will be live in a few hours.

Edit: Here's The Force Unleashed on PS TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7XZWiiL7E

Demos I've confirmed to work:

Vita

Aeternoblade

Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Pinball Heroes Complete

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Citizens of Earth

Kick and Fennick

Magical Beat

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Frisky, an edit I made yesterday is gone now: Was there a problem with adding Run Like Hell! to the list as incompatible?  

Great to see devs patching things. If its Konami forget it.

Use my Vita TV pretty much every week when I'm tired of "consoles" or PC gaming.

Currently playing Corpse Party and finished Muramasa Rebirth about a month back.

Gurumin is officially PlayStation TV compatible!!!!

https://twitter.com/PaulRAcevedo/status/598861180338249728

Note that if you had it downloaded prior to the whitelisting, you'll have to redownload it to get it to work.

Are there any good 3rd party PS3 controllers that would work with the Playstation TV?  Honestly, I'm looking more for an extra controller to pair up with my PSP Go, but might get a PSTV some day. 

Been looking at mostly looking at 3rd party six axis controllers since most compatible games don't use rumble, except maybe Playstation 1 games.  Never really cared for rumble during the PS1 era.

How well does Playstation Now work with PS TV? Any of the PS3 games present issues on it? Thinking about renting Super Mega Baseball, as it's a game I really want to play but don't have a PS3 or PS4.

I've been playing Earth Defense Forces 2 Portable V2, the latest EDF game to arrive on Vita in Japan. It's the prequel to EDF 2017, newly remastered, and adds a third character class (the Air Raider) among other things.

Here's videos of my friends and me playing through the first 22 missions of the game (recorded via PS TV). I'm loving the active online multiplayer community.

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5HGrNzzN_k

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSjebYtO50E

And note the game is hella cheap at Play-Asia right now, so definitely a great time to import. I'm working on a full menu translation and game guide, so don't let the Japanese scare you.

Recent additions to the PS Store on PS TV since the last update I posted:

Vita

Badland: Game of the Year Edition

Boss!

Breach & Clear

Color Guardians

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Guacamelee!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

La-Mulana EX

LEGO Jurassic World

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

Q*Bert Rebooted

Resogun

Rollers of the Realm

Sparkle Unleashed

Super Exploding Zoo

Titan Souls

Ultratron

Vita Demos

Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy

PS1

Mega Man 8

Music

Aqua Kitty DX Soundtrack

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Disgaea 3 being notable for not being compatible before their recent additions.

I downloaded Disgaea 3 to try it out and it doesn't work. There's no update to make it compatible, so that's a big error and makes the rest of the list of what they've added to the PS Store suspect.

It's weird that it lets you download Disgaea without warning, someone probably slipped up.

I just checked and Project Diva is neither downloadable from the store nor playable from a memory card.

Samurai Warriors 3 Chronicles just came out and is PS TV compatible. The controls are fairly different between Vita and PS TV since the game normally uses a lot of touch screen functions, but they mapped them to the DualShock well for PS TV. Here's some Twitch footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJq3drkell4

Kick and Fennick has been patched to work with PS VITA TV.

I was playing it the other day and there was an update to support VITA TV.

Who is incharge of white listing the games?
SONY or the PUBLISHER?

I've heard rumors that if you email Xseed, they'll get it white listed right away.

However Konami claims SONY has too (Dracula X, MGS Portable Ops), while Sony claims Konami has to, but they would look into it.

Who is incharge of white listing the games?
SONY or the PUBLISHER?

I've heard rumors that if you email Xseed, they'll get it white listed right away.
However Konami claims SONY has too (Dracula X, MGS Portable Ops), while Sony claims Konami has to, but they would look into it.
It's kinda both, depends on the title. Lumines, for example, was perfectly compatible but wasn't whitelisted until the game's producer (who doesn't even work with Q? or Ubisoft anymore) noticed and contacted Sony. A couple of weeks later it was whitelisted. Maybe it wasn't because of it, but it didn't hurt.

So basically, Sony could, but it helps to have the publisher push things along. It will take a bit, those things still have to be tested and such. That is, if the title is already compatible with Vita. I don't want to imagine the awful mess otherwise.

As for those you mentioned, poke Konami so they'll poke Sony.

Anyone know if Gradius Collection on psp can be transferred to the PSTV?

I grabbed a digital copy that's on sale right now and jumped onto the PSTV store and nothing.   Checked my D/L list and it didn't give me the option to transfer it. 

Can I D/L it on the PS3 and transfer it over and have it work?  Or is it stuck being on my PSP Go for the time being?

Anyone know if Gradius Collection on psp can be transferred to the PSTV?

I grabbed a digital copy that's on sale right now and jumped onto the PSTV store and nothing. Checked my D/L list and it didn't give me the option to transfer it.

Can I D/L it on the PS3 and transfer it over and have it work? Or is it stuck being on my PSP Go for the time being?
It won't even let me play it on my actual Vita. :(

Aww crap! Typical Konami BS.
I was really hoping to play Gradius Collection on the PSTV.

I understand that Sony would rather just bury these PSTV units and pretend they never existed, but there is no reason why every PSP game, short of the few which required a camera, shouldn't be compatible with it.

They also refuse to allow Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 to work on the Vita/PSTV. I think they claimed a licensing issue with Universal was to blame, but if they work on UK/PAL regions, why not here in the USA? Oh well.

Aww crap! Typical Konami BS.
I was really hoping to play Gradius Collection on the PSTV.

I understand that Sony would rather just bury these PSTV units and pretend they never existed, but there is no reason why every PSP game, short of the few which required a camera, shouldn't be compatible with it.

They also refuse to allow Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 to work on the Vita/PSTV. I think they claimed a licensing issue with Universal was to blame, but if they work on UK/PAL regions, why not here in the USA? Oh well.
It's up to the publishers to submit the games for sale/compatibility on the PSTV just like on Vita.

Different regions of certain publishers have different views of this stuff than the other branches. Why would Square Enix NA refuse to release the PSP versions of FF1 and FF2 on PSN for PSP and Vita while they're out on EU PSN and JP PSN? They'd rather you play the subpar PS1 releases instead, which might be less work/money to do even if it could be easily made back right away. Activision NA seems to not care about getting their PS1 games on Vita and PSTV despite the fact that they're among the best sellers of PS1 Classics regularly.

Wait, I thought the Gradius Collection was compatible with the Vita, transferred via PS3? The compatibility thread in these forums lists it that way, is it wrong?

EDIT: Just transferred Gradius Collection from my PS3 to Vita, works great! Really glad to have this collection on my Vita now, it looks and plays great on the system, and has lots of screen/filter options to modify the looks of the game.

bread's done
Back