PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

Wait, I thought the Gradius Collection was compatible with the Vita, transferred via PS3? The compatibility thread in these forums lists it that way, is it wrong?

EDIT: Just transferred Gradius Collection from my PS3 to Vita, works great! Really glad to have this collection on my Vita now, it looks and plays great on the system, and has lots of screen/filter options to modify the looks of the game.
So does this mean we can also transfer it from a PS3 to our PSTV using the system media copy method?
Hopefully we can get a definitive answer before it goes back up to $20 again tomorrow morning.

So does this mean we can also transfer it from a PS3 to our PSTV using the system media copy method?
Hopefully we can get a definitive answer before it goes back up to $20 again tomorrow morning.
Well, I spent the money just to find out and no, Gradius Collection (PSP) is NOT compatible with the PSTV/PS Vita for whatever strange reason.

GradiusPSTV-1.JPG

GradiusPSTV-2.JPG

Sony should be ashamed of the PSTV. It's far worse than the Virtual Boy or anything else which people claim to be a huge flop. They didn't even try with it. I feel bad for people that paid full price for it. I paid $35 and feel it was not a deal at that price.
For me personally, it's worth around $5 to play TkX on a big screen and that's about it.

There is no reason every PSP and PS1 games shouldn't work on it and to require some games to be copied from a PS3 via a media manager is really ridiculous.

Well, I spent the money just to find out and no, Gradius Collection (PSP) is NOT compatible with the PSTV/PS Vita for whatever strange reason.

Sony should be ashamed of the PSTV. It's far worse than the Virtual Boy or anything else which people claim to be a huge flop. They didn't even try with it. I feel bad for people that paid full price for it. I paid $35 and feel it was not a deal at that price.
For me personally, it's worth around $5 to play TkX on a big screen and that's about it.

There is no reason every PSP and PS1 games shouldn't work on it and to require some games to be copied from a PS3 via a media manager is really ridiculous.
But Chimpmeister just said it worked for him. Was he mistaken, or could it depend on whether or not the Vita is a slim maybe? Mine's a slim.

But Chimpmeister just said it worked for him. Was he mistaken, or could it depend on whether or not the Vita is a slim maybe? Mine's a slim.
He's talking about the PSTV, not the Vita itself. I understand his frustration, a game like Gradius Collection really should be playable on the PSTV. I would contact both Konami and Sony about this, maybe if enough people do, they'll fix it. I will do that myself, since I'd love to be able to play this on the PSTV.

On a side note, did you get the game working on your Vita? It really shouldn't make a difference if you have the OLED or slim, either one will work the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its Konami, stick a fork in it.

Video games are the lowest priority for Konami these days.

Better spending your time contacting some other publisher or dev who actually cares.....

He's talking about the PSTV, not the Vita itself. I understand his frustration, a game like Gradius Collection really should be playable on the PSTV. I would contact both Konami and Sony about this, maybe if enough people do, they'll fix it. I will do that myself, since I'd love to be able to play this on the PSTV.
On a side note, did you get the game working on your Vita? It really shouldn't make a difference if you have the OLED or slim, either one will work the same.
Sorry, I made an assumption that if a PSP game didn't work on the PSTV with the "copy from PS3" method that it would also not work on the PS Vita either. I suppose it could very well work on the Vita, but can't test it. My vision is not the best anymore and I really only game on larger displays now.

I can understand why some Vita games don't work because of the touch controls, etc, but 99% of PSP and PS1 games should all be expected to work.

Anyway, I'll never understand Sony's reasoning for all of these strange rules about which games work, which games require work-arounds (a PS3 to play games on the PSTV?!), and which games simply won't work. It's all very confusing and disheartening as an owner of these devices.

Sorry, I made an assumption that if a PSP game didn't work on the PSTV with the "copy from PS3" method that it would also not work on the PS Vita either. I suppose it could very well work on the Vita, but can't test it. My vision is not the best anymore and I really only game on larger displays now.

I can understand why some Vita games don't work because of the touch controls, etc, but 99% of PSP and PS1 games should all be expected to work.

Anyway, I'll never understand Sony's reasoning for all of these strange rules about which games work, which games require work-arounds (a PS3 to play games on the PSTV?!), and which games simply won't work. It's all very confusing and disheartening as an owner of these devices.
Any PS1 or PSP game can work on Vita and/or PSTV. There is nothing technical that prevents it. It's the licensing that keeps them from making third party games available to all, as it's up the publisher to submit their game for sale/download on the Vita and/or PSTV.

With the Vita, there are basically three states of compatibility with the PS3 transfer, download list only, and directly on the PS Store. PS3 transfer games were given the most basic of compatibility tests and confirmed playable, but the publisher hasn't done any licensing or paperwork to make them available on the Vita. Those that are available from the download list only have been submitted for compatibility and to become available for download only on the Vita. Those that are on the PS Store on Vita were licensed again for sale on the Vita and all that.

It's similar on the PSTV, though compatibility for PSP and PS1 games is mostly about the paperwork/submission process and whether they want to license it for direct sale or just have it work the same way it does on Vita. If the publisher doesn't do the little bit of work to get their game whitelisted for PSTV, it's not going to happen.

It's above the list:

"Gray-colored titles on the list were on the original Sony compatibility list, but are not on the PS Store and haven't been verified to work or not work on PS TV by a fellow CAG."
I was about to buy Capcom Classics which is why I asked.

I really wish FF1 and 2 were digital.

I was about to buy Capcom Classics which is why I asked.
I really wish FF1 and 2 were digital.
I have both of the Capcom Classics Collections (Remixed and Reloaded) on my Vita, and they both were transferred from my PS3. They're absolutely fantastic game collections, and they play beautifully on the Vita.

I have both of the Capcom Classics Collections (Remixed and Reloaded) on my Vita, and they both were transferred from my PS3. They're absolutely fantastic game collections, and they play beautifully on the Vita.
No lag?
I've noticed my Vita TV seems sluggish on even my best television which was rated with no lag.

I mean, I can play GH on PS2 with no problem, but games like Metal Slug 7 and Maverick Hunter seem.. sluggish... or I could be over thinkig.

Thanks for the list. It's been helpful.

Also, I didn't see these on there, but I've tested both Another World 25th Anniversary Edition and Flying Hamster HD and neither one is working on the PSTV.

Another World
PSTV-AnotherWorld.jpg

Flying Hamster
PSTV-FlyingHamsterHD.jpg

Has anyone had any problem with UK/EU versions of Lumines and WRC4 not working on a UK/EU Playstation TV?

They don't work on mine, even with the latest patches :(

Is there any reason why some Titles appear as color=#00ff00]Castlevania: Symphony of the Night[/color]

Is there any reason why some Titles appear as color=#00ff00]Castlevania: Symphony of the Night[/color]
Note: If you see BB code text instead of colors, click on the edit buton to see the latter half of the list as intended since CAG doesn't like long, colored posts like this.

So I have verified that the Capcom remixed and reloaded collections work on PSTV if transferred from a PS3, so I guess that's yellow color coding?

So I have verified that the Capcom remixed and reloaded collections work on PSTV if transferred from a PS3, so I guess that's yellow color coding?
Yep, and it would get the spoiler: [customspoiler=Notes]Requires transfer from PS3 to Vita, then transfer the memory card from Vita to PS TV.[/customspoiler]

But the spoiler tag doesn't work right in the post, just so you know. The information is there though, so its no big deal.

I have both of the Capcom Classics games on my PSTV, they are FANTASTIC arcade game collections, well worth the incredible sale price going on right now for PS+ members (5 each).

20150912_074147_zpslewrcbb6.jpg

You can take Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 off the grey list. It works on the Playstation TV for sure. Just played through the arcade mode in its entirety... no problems at all. Touch options are listed, but obviously invalid.

(Sorry for the massive picture, by the way. Quick smartphone snap.)

Y's: Memories of Celceta is now compatible with the PSTV (Europe not so lucky yet) 

Looks like when I restarted the system I had to re-fresh the gamescreen again, so not good sign in terms of long term support. Hope this becomes permanent. 

Y's: Memories of Celceta is now compatible with the PSTV (Europe not so lucky yet)

Looks like when I restarted the system I had to re-fresh the gamescreen again, so not good sign in terms of long term support. Hope this becomes permanent.
They added support for a few of the games that were completely playable before. Of course they didn't add support for Gravity Rush - you can't have people playing it before it's re-released on PS4 right? Since they gave it out free on PS+, all 10 PSTV owners might not buy the remastered version.

Of course it's pretty obvious the real reason for the update is a "stability fix" for the email app.

Wow, after reading this thread I understand why people bitched about the PSTV support.  I mean no support for "Disgaea 3" on PSP or the Capcom collections?!  Gradius too?!  Dracula X Chronicles?!  No FF1 or 2 for PSP?!  GAH!!!!  I so wanted to play the latter.

How is the Japanese PSP/Vita support at least?  Any help people?  I'm hoping that if some of the American versions don't work/aren't accessible at least the Japanese versions will be.

I would hope Popolocrois 1 and 2 would work but it wouldn't be a total loss since it's a PS Classic but some PSP games are another story entirely.

I need to figure out setting up Japanese account on one PSTV, does it work the same way as setting up an account on PSN via PS3?  Or do I need to make sure when my PSTV sets up initially I get it signed up for Japan.

Wow, after reading this thread I understand why people bitched about the PSTV support. I mean no support for "Disgaea 3" on PSP or the Capcom collections?! Gradius too?! Dracula X Chronicles?! No FF1 or 2 for PSP?! GAH!!!! I so wanted to play the latter.

How is the Japanese PSP/Vita support at least? Any help people? I'm hoping that if some of the American versions don't work/aren't accessible at least the Japanese versions will be.
I would hope Popolocrois 1 and 2 would work but it wouldn't be a total loss since it's a PS Classic but some PSP games are another story entirely.
I need to figure out setting up Japanese account on one PSTV, does it work the same way as setting up an account on PSN via PS3? Or do I need to make sure when my PSTV sets up initially I get it signed up for Japan.
Both Capcom collections work fine on the PSTV, I've played them both and they're excellent (best arcade collections ever released). You do need a PS3 to transfer them though, but there's really no excuse for not having a PS3 these days, you can get them very cheap.

Also, all the SNK PSP games work great, including the standalone games and the anthologies. The PSTV is well worth the price for what you get, I've been very happy with it.

Thanks for this awesome list.

Just picked up a PSTV , mainly for the physical vita games that I want to play on the cheap, but also wanting some PS1 and PSP games on a HD TV 

Looks like the list has grown and hoping it continues.

I've got some questions regarding playing PS1 games on the PS TV. 

1. Does the PS TV upscale PS1 games? I love playing PS1 games on my PS3 b/c I think it helps smooth out edges and I think colors look much better (some people likely disagree with this sentiment), not to mention the load times seem to be faster as well. Does the PS TV provide any visual or performance benefits like the PS3 does? I'd imagine loading times are better b/c it's all digital but does it upscale images? 

2. Can I transfer my PS1 save to my PS TV? I have the PS1/2 memory card adapter for the PS3, wherein I could use my actual PS1 saves to keep playing on the PS3... can I somehow, transfer those saves to a PS TV and play games (thinking... PS1 to PS3 via adapter, PS3 to PS Vita, and then take the Vita mem card to the PS TV)? 

bread's done
Back