Pokemon Black and White with $10 Credit at Amazon

hebrewhammer587

CAGiversary!
For those of you that are still on the fence on buying the new Pokemon game, Amazon is offering a 5 10 dollar credit. While it's not much, I haven't seen many offers on this game yet. Excuse me if this has already been posted, but if it has I think it is important to be on the front page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

Edit: Some people have received $15 in credit, YMMV on that however, I know theres people out there willing to argue with amazon customer service for $5 so I wanted to make sure people knew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm buying 3 of them I'm still better off at Best Buy since I can only get 20 back from Amazon but 30 from Best Buy
Not bad for people who only want 1 or 2 though and don't mind waiting a few days past release

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Since I'm buying 3 of them I'm still better off at Best Buy since I can only get 20 back from Amazon but 30 from Best Buy
Not bad for people who only want 1 or 2 though and don't mind waiting a few days past release[/QUOTE]

If amazon doesnt charge you tax, wouldn't it be better to order 1 of each from amazon and get your last one at bestbuy? You'd still be getting 30 and saving on tax for 2 of them

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Hopefully one or the other will appear in my gold box.[/QUOTE] Sorry for being a noob but what does this statement mean?

[quote name='elmetfano']Sorry for being a noob but what does this statement mean?[/QUOTE]

they hope the game shows up in their goldbox and they get another 5 % off..

go to amazon... click on TODAYS DEALS

that is your gold box.. new items will show up their everyday on sale just for you

Lets see

AMAZON OR TRU buying 2

AMAZON 70 bucks + 20 buck credit = 50 out of pocket
TRU b1g1 50% 52.50 + tax

man if i had prime i be all over AMazon

still thinking amazon even with a week wait to get it with free shipping

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Since I'm buying 3 of them I'm still better off at Best Buy since I can only get 20 back from Amazon but 30 from Best Buy
Not bad for people who only want 1 or 2 though and don't mind waiting a few days past release[/QUOTE]

[quote name='razgriz417']If amazon doesnt charge you tax, wouldn't it be better to order 1 of each from amazon and get your last one at bestbuy? You'd still be getting 30 and saving on tax for 2 of them[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm doing since Amazon bumped up the credit.

I preordered a copy of White the other day when the promo was $5 back.

Do I need to cancel my order and order again to get the $10, or will I automatically get upgraded?

[quote name='razgriz417']If amazon doesnt charge you tax, wouldn't it be better to order 1 of each from amazon and get your last one at bestbuy? You'd still be getting 30 and saving on tax for 2 of them[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that but since I no longer have Prime currently I wont get them till like (let me check....)
Geez, March 14-17, ouch
If I get it at Best Buy I'll get them at launch but also I'm like 15 dollars away from another 10 dollar credit so if I get all of them from Best Buy I'll have 40 dollars to spend towards whatever catches my eye instead of 20 at Amazon and 20 at Best Buy.

Hmmm, but 20 at Amazon usually gets you something that's 40 at Best Buy lol
This needs further consideration lol

Screw it
1 from Best Buy 2 from Amazon

It really came down to "20 dollars at Amazon gets you something that's 40 from Best Buy"
I'll just grab a points card or something from Best Buy

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']I preordered a copy of White the other day when the promo was $5 back.

Do I need to cancel my order and order again to get the $10, or will I automatically get upgraded?[/QUOTE]

Amazon's pre-order price guarantee should mean that you get the bumped up credit, but I would recommend cancelling and pre-ordering again, just to be safe. After all, it costs you nothing. It's what I did with both my orders.

Sweet! I already had White preordered on Amazon paid entirely by giftcards and that's just a nice bonus towards the 3DS. I have Prime and I don't mind having to wait a few days to play it just to avoid going to the store.

Even though I like the idea of Black City more, I picked White because I like the version-exclusive Pokemon more. I know I could just trade, but it eliminates one extra step.

Here's a list of version exclusive Pokemon: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...White_Versions#Version-exclusive_Pok.C3.A9mon

So now I'm having to decide between Kmart and Amazon again.

When Amazon was at $5, I decided Kmart was better...$57 out-of-pocket (without having to spend anything later) vs. $70 out-of-pocket with $10 to spend on other stuff later. Now I get $20 to spend later...but I have to shell out $13 extra to get it. Decisions.

Oh, I should mention I have 2 kids and have to buy both. So I'm looking for the best deal for both Black & White. Kmart was winning until today...

[quote name='eugaet']So now I'm having to decide between Kmart and Amazon again.

When Amazon was at $5, I decided Kmart was better...$57 out-of-pocket (without having to spend anything later) vs. $70 out-of-pocket with $10 to spend on other stuff later. Now I get $20 to spend later...but I have to shell out $13 extra to get it. Decisions.

Oh, I should mention I have 2 kids and have to buy both. So I'm looking for the best deal for both Black & White. Kmart was winning until today...[/QUOTE]

It depends, do your kids care about getting it on Sunday or not? I do so I'm buying at Gamestop (One near my house shut down and relocated down the street so I got a %20 off coupon). So I'm buying a copy for me and my sister. And then getting a copy for my brother (who likes Pokemon but not a much) from Amazon with another for me because I like to get both. I have every game except FireRed.

For those who have pre-ordered a game from Amazon, do they actually ship it the day the game is released?

I'm thinking about getting one of these (not sure which at this point), but I'm still trying to catch 'em all in Heart Gold...

Damn you Nintendo for having the Victini event at release!

[quote name='kudu91']It depends, do your kids care about getting it on Sunday or not? I do so I'm buying at Gamestop (One near my house shut down and relocated down the street so I got a %20 off coupon). So I'm buying a copy for me and my sister. And then getting a copy for my brother (who likes Pokemon but not a much) from Amazon with another for me because I like to get both. I have every game except FireRed.[/QUOTE]My kids won't be getting it at release, they're getting it for their birthdays...one at the end of March, the other at the beginning of May (although he'll be getting his early so he doesn't miss out on Victini). It doesn't have anything to do with getting it at release, it's all about the best deal I can get.

[quote name='eugaet']My kids won't be getting it at release, they're getting it for their birthdays...one at the end of March, the other at the beginning of May (although he'll be getting his early so he doesn't miss out on Victini). It doesn't have anything to do with getting it at release, it's all about the best deal I can get.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say Amazon, just because you save a few bucks that way.

^-- no they dont until its being shipped.

I'm wonder is if i pre-order now and get some amazon credit later, can i apply it to my preorder? i did a amazon trade in that i sent out last thurs and hoping that i'll get the credit this week so i can apply it to this game.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']^-- no they dont until its being shipped.

I'm wonder is if i pre-order now and get some amazon credit later, can i apply it to my preorder? i did a amazon trade in that i sent out last thurs and hoping that i'll get the credit this week so i can apply it to this game.[/QUOTE]

You have to call or email them to switch the payment method before it ships.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You have to call or email them to switch the payment method before it ships.[/QUOTE]
No you don't. In your Amazon order history, there is an option to change your payment method.

You can't do that though once it enters the "Shipping Soon" stage.

Really debating between this and the TRU deal. I really want something tangible and something to look at which is why I want the wall cling. But that $10 is really tempting but I don't get it on day 1. Can I use that $10 toward the game itself? Sorry if that's been asked before.

[quote name='Altanis']No you don't. In your Amazon order history, there is an option to change your payment method.

You can't do that though once it enters the "Shipping Soon" stage.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's changed recently that only works if you're switching credit cards. If you're switching from credit card to gift card then you have to call.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Unless it's changed recently that only works if you're switching credit cards. If you're switching from credit card to gift card then you have to call.[/QUOTE]

There's an option to apply giftcards to existing orders. It's been like that for a while

[quote name='cecilvaliant']^-- no they dont until its being shipped.

I'm wonder is if i pre-order now and get some amazon credit later, can i apply it to my preorder? i did a amazon trade in that i sent out last thurs and hoping that i'll get the credit this week so i can apply it to this game.[/QUOTE]
thanks i was told by a amazon employee that they did charged the same day which didn't make sense; since they never charge until they ship out products

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Unless it's changed recently that only works if you're switching credit cards. If you're switching from credit card to gift card then you have to call.[/QUOTE]
Nope. I just did this multiple times in the last week.

Edit- See this image, from my Amazon purchase history:

You just click on "Change Payment Method"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kudu91']I'm going to say Amazon, just because you save a few bucks that way.[/QUOTE]I guess it depends if I want to save out-of-pocket up front or not. I can get both from Kmart for $57 after tax, end of story. On Amazon I have to spend $70 up front...but then get $20 to spend later. The Amazon deal kind of falls into the spend-money-to-save-money slot...

I just noticed this game comes out on a sunday. That kills release day delivery. I got Prime but Fed ex doesn't ship on sunday. Anyone know what day it would arrive ?

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']I just noticed this game comes out on a sunday. That kills release day delivery. I got Prime but Fed ex doesn't ship on sunday. Anyone know what day it would arrive ?[/QUOTE]

Really depends. Probably any time from Monday-Wednesday.

[quote name='pstriple']Really depends. Probably any time from Monday-Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Gosh ! I wish I would have realized that earlier Why can't they release on Tuesday like everybody else ?. This game is for my son a rabid Pokemon collector. He is really looking forward to it and its a delayed birthday present. Amazon used one day shipping with Fed Ex to get me Killzone 3 on release day so maybe I'll get lucky.

You aren't going to get it on Sunday from Amazon. They don't offer release date shipping, and they likely aren't shipping these out early like they do for Tuesday releases; they're likely shipping them out Monday.

If you need it Sunday, you might as well go to Kmart or Best Buy and pick them up there.

I think the earliest you'll get it is Tuesday if they are shipping them out Monday.

I'm still waiting for the damn games to pop up in my goldbox, I know it's just like $1.75 in savings but still :bomb:

Amazon is giving me the delivery estimate 3/9/11 so it looks like even with my Prime i'll get it 3 days after release date. This Sunday release day is so hosed. I think I'll complain to Amazon about it, they have more power than I to change future release dates.

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Amazon is giving me the delivery estimate 3/9/11 so it looks like even with my Prime i'll get it 3 days after release date. This Sunday release day is so hosed. I think I'll complain to Amazon about it, they have more power than I to change future release dates.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

It's called Pokemon Sunday for a reason. I'm sure Nintendo will change their policy and release pattern of the last how many years? Just because Amazon can't do same day delivery.

[quote name='gotdott']I'm still waiting for the damn games to pop up in my goldbox, I know it's just like $1.75 in savings but still :bomb:[/QUOTE]

So was I... until I realized how the games would appear on the 65th listing of suggested items for me... Even when I blocked a bunch of those items by saying I wasn't interested, it didn't seem to move the game up or down my list.

I can't verify or prove this, but I bet Amazon keeps track of whether or not you bought previous Pokemon games, and if you did, I'm sure they don't throw it in your Gold box... That's my theory, anyway... :roll:

Pokemon White finally showed up in my gold box today, I'm debating jumping on it for the slightly cheaper price. Actually Black showed up a week ago in there, but I want White so I waited, and there it is. Decisions, decisions. And although it won't matter with this release, I just want to say I've had a ton of stuff from Amazon come on sundays. They sometimes send stuff to me through Lasership, and they deliver on sundays, so it is a possibility to get stuff.

Pokemon Black showed up in my Gold Box today. I'm debating on whether I should get it. I haven't owned a Pokemon game since Pokemon Blue.

Pokemon Black was the only one to appear in my goldbox. Been trying to get White in it, but haven't had any luck >_>. Decided just to spring for the extra 1.55 and get White.

mine is shipping soon too. hopefully get it on tuesday, i can wait a bit since im still playing Star ocean ps3 that i got because of this site. lol

bread's done
Back