Pokemon Black and White with $10 Credit at Amazon

hebrewhammer587

CAGiversary!
For those of you that are still on the fence on buying the new Pokemon game, Amazon is offering a 5 10 dollar credit. While it's not much, I haven't seen many offers on this game yet. Excuse me if this has already been posted, but if it has I think it is important to be on the front page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

Edit: Some people have received $15 in credit, YMMV on that however, I know theres people out there willing to argue with amazon customer service for $5 so I wanted to make sure people knew.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up biting on the White that showed up in my goldbox today. $33.24+$10credit+plus 2-day prime shipping, pretty good deal.

My black order got updated as arriving today, monday, whereas my white order that I placed an hour later is still arriving wednesday hmm

[quote name='RenoVatio']any idea what to get with the $10 credit?[/QUOTE]
ghost trick: phantom detective

I'm using mine on trails in the sky for the psp

Neither of my games has shipped. My guide is somehow still coming Monday, even though it hasn't shipped yet either.

White is OOS now too.

Yup, white is OOS and credit has been removed for both

edit: credit still shows up under promotional offers for black

The $10 credit is still good for White. Ordered at about 8AM EST, and received the offer. I'm sure it will be back in stock in a few days. . .

got blac coming from best buy.. im 25th in line at goozex for white.. but dont really think there is a reason to get both (its the same game)

[quote name='slidecage']got blac coming from best buy.. im 25th in line at goozex for white.. but dont really think there is a reason to get both (its the same game)[/QUOTE]

Except there's a difference between the black city and white forest? And something about triple battles

I've had my copy of White pre-ordered forever, and it still hasn't shipped. Apparently it's going to arrive on Wednesday, the 9th. At least it's in the "Shipping Soon" phase.

[quote name='gotdott']Except there's a difference between the black city and white forest? And something about triple battles[/QUOTE]

guess these are the differents
1. For the 8th Gym in Souryuu City, Black has the Gym Leader Shaga who is an old man, and White has Iris who is the new girl in the anime and the daughter of Shaga.

2. Souryuu City looks different in both versions.

3. A city named Black City is exclusive to Black version, and a Forest named White Forest is exclusive to White version. They're located in the same place in each version.

4. 9 version exclusives for Black, and 9 for White. If I didn't give a line space between two Pokemon, that means they evolve to and from the Pokemon after and before them respectively. After that, there is a link to their image.

The version exclusive Pokemon for Black are:

Monmen
Erufuun (evolution of Monmen)

Gochimu
Gochimiru (evolution of Gochimu)
Gochiruzeru (evolution of Gochimiru)

Baruchai
Barujiina (evolution of Baruchai)

Torunerosu (a member of a Legendary Pokemon trio)

Reshiram (The White Coloured Legendary)

------------
The version exclusive Pokemon for White are:

Churine
Doreida (evolution of Churine)

Yuniran
Daburan (evolution of Yuniran)
Rankurusu (evolution of Daburan)

Washibon
Wargle (evolution of Washibon)

Borutorosu (a member of a Legendary Pokemon trio)

Zekrom (The Black Coloured Legendary)

not enough to buy both for me.... will wait for either a major sale or goozex for white

and some more info

Content exclusive to Pokemon BLACK Version:

Pokemon:
Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Murkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Shroomish, Breloom, Plulse, Volbeat, Honchkrow, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Tornadus, Reshiram

Black City:
There are many NPCs available in Black City that you can engage to a Pokemon battle. A shop is also available where you can buy items that can’t be bought from other PokeMart.

Rotation Battles:
Black version focuses more on the rotation battles rather than Triple Battle.

Different Gym Leader for Opelucid:
Drayden will be the Gym Leader for Opelucid City instead of Iris (White version).

N Castle:
You’ll get to fight Zekrom in the N castle after defeating the Elite Four and capturing the legendary Pokemon

Content exclusive to Pokemon WHITE Version:

Pokemon:
Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Paras, Parasect, Misdreavus, Poochyena, Mightyena, Minun, Ilumise, Mismagius, Petilil, Liligant, Solosis, Duosion, Reinclus, Rufflet, Thundurus, Zekrom

White Forest:
The White Forest has a variety of wild Pokemon that you can catch.

Triple Battle:
White version will be more focused on Triple battle rather than Rotation battle.

Different Gym Leader for Opelucid:
Instead of Drayen in Pokemon Black, Iris will be the gym leader in Opelucid City.

N Castle:
You’ll get to fight Reshiram in the N castle after defeating the Elite Four and capturing the legendary Pokemon.

CRAP should of got white...since they were looking forward to triple battles. still cant see spending 25 to pick it up though

[quote name='slidecage']
4. 9 version exclusives for Black, and 9 for White.

[/QUOTE]

According to the sources I have read, there is actually 20 exclusives for black, and 20 exclusives for white. There is a nice chart on this page showing the differences:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_Versions

I believe it is 9 exclusives from the current generation, and 11 exclusives from the previous generations.

As another plus, there is an extra 33 Pokemon that can only be caught in the white forest. This means that there are 20 Pokemon you can catch in black but not white, but there are 53 pokemon you can catch in white and not black. This is the reason I picked white. There is a chart on the same page above showing these Pokemon as well.

Edit: I see you added more info above that lists the remaining pokemon. I would still refer to the website above as it gives an awesome breakdown between white and black, as well as every other Pokemon game.

Ended up getting $15 in credit from Pokemon White. I guess $5 when it was the first credit when I pre-ordered it. Then additional $10 when they increased the credit.

man i knew i should of got it from amazon... best buy said it was either

the 10 buck preorder or the 5 buck release day not both..

also they didnt even have the game pulled...

Black version is still showing as $34.99 w/ Prime and $10 promo credit on Amazon if anyone is interested. I picked one up since that's the version I wanted anyways. This month is going to be expensive! Lol!

Goes the $10 go towards our order of Pokemon: Black? So I would be paying $25 instead of $35?

Amazon is only showing the special offer for $10 credit with pokemon black now. White shows up as $5 cheaper than black and doesn't ship from amazon. WTF

[quote name='Jbyrd117']Amazon is only showing the special offer for $10 credit with pokemon black now. White shows up as $5 cheaper than black and doesn't ship from amazon. WTF[/QUOTE]
Amazon is sold out of the White version.

[quote name='mitnosi']Amazon is sold out of the White version.[/QUOTE]

FFFFUUUU i knew i shouldn't have waited until the last second to preorder it

Guess I'll head to target tomorrow for the art book promotion

I'm a little confused about the rotation battles vs. the triple battles. Does that mean the Black version does not have triple battles or does it not focus on them as much? I don't get the fascination for the white version if that's the deal...

Why is there no release date shipping for prime on this? I understand it wouldn't be received on Sunday but Monday would work. I have prime and they are giving me a Wednesday receive date.

EDIT: Looks like tomorrow now. Sweet.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Did anyone get the hardcover guide as well? Does it contain the pokedex?[/QUOTE]

This should be in stores now, no? I'm kind of curious myself, since the guide is roughly 350 pages, and both Vol. 1 and 2 are both 350 pages too... so wth was cut from the CE hardcover?

Oh btw, for anyone who ordered B/W and the guide, you can get 5% off. If it's not in the same order, it won't do it automatically but I called CS and had the lady do it for me.

It should've only been a $2 difference, but for some reason she took for 7.XX off my order :)

Also did the same for DAII and the CE guide for that. Saved $4.

lol

I ordered Pokemon White weeks and weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I ordered Pokemon Black a few hours ago, and it shipped already. WTF Amazon?

So I got the preorder from TRU and it's a sticker? Any way I can still preorder from amazon and get the $10 credit?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']This should be in stores now, no? I'm kind of curious myself, since the guide is roughly 350 pages, and both Vol. 1 and 2 are both 350 pages too... so wth was cut from the CE hardcover?

Oh btw, for anyone who ordered B/W and the guide, you can get 5% off. If it's not in the same order, it won't do it automatically but I called CS and had the lady do it for me.

It should've only been a $2 difference, but for some reason she took for 7.XX off my order :)

Also did the same for DAII and the CE guide for that. Saved $4.[/QUOTE]

If both are 350 together then it seems likely the CE guide has the pokedex as the volume 2 guide is regularly the pokedex. I keep looking online but can't find an answer.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If both are 350 together then it seems likely the CE guide has the pokedex as the volume 2 guide is regularly the pokedex. I keep looking online but can't find an answer.[/QUOTE]

I saw the hardcover at Wal-Mart today, and it looked no thicker than the non-CE edition, page-wise.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']If both are 350 together then it seems likely the CE guide has the pokedex as the volume 2 guide is regularly the pokedex. I keep looking online but can't find an answer.[/QUOTE]

Oh no I mean Vol. 1 is 256 pages, and Vol. 2 is also 352 pages.

The CE guide is 336 pages, so it doesn't add up. I'll let you know when I receive it I guess -.-

[quote name='JJBro1']So I got the preorder from TRU and it's a sticker? Any way I can still preorder from amazon and get the $10 credit?[/QUOTE]

The $10 credit on Amazon is still being offered.

did anyone really buy both verisons.. got black.. tempted to get white but think i might try to get it off goozex..

im pretty sure its the same story just a few differences ...... just dont think white would be worth another 25 after 10 buck amazon code

[quote name='pcktlnt']How does one check the promotional credit given by Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Easiest way -- and they way I do it -- is to put an item into your cart and go to the final checkout screen. There you will see all of your credit.

You could also go to an MP3 page or a video one and click on check balance.

[quote name='Dranakin']My White is estimated to arrive tomorrow (Monday). Nice.[/QUOTE]

Same here :D

This turned out a lot better than I expected!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Oh no I mean Vol. 1 is 256 pages, and Vol. 2 is also 352 pages.

The CE guide is 336 pages, so it doesn't add up. I'll let you know when I receive it I guess -.-[/QUOTE]

Oh Ok, yeah, let us CAGs know when you get it. On another note, I ordered both today and they are shipping soon, says I should get them Tuesday!

bread's done
Back