Post your Steamgifts for CAG here

Plus you look at addons for games like Shogun 2 or Civ 5 those addons are pretty pricy and would be beneficial to those that do not own the original games. I understand you dont like it but I mean the guy is trying to be nice and give away something that other people may want.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']Plus you look at addons for games like Shogun 2 or Civ 5 those addons are pretty pricy and would be beneficial to those that do not own the original games. I understand you dont like it but I mean the guy is trying to be nice and give away something that other people may want.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that clear up, I thought it meant something else.

I've since add it back and added a new Nuclear Day giveaway as well!

[quote name='LlamaNinja']Someone removed that GR game? One person might have the first and it would pretty much be an instant win for them.[/QUOTE]

I saw that end with 0 entries. So it wasn't removed, just expired

[quote name='madcookie83']Another note I added, please don't add Giveaways with Missing Base game

example: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/ISnXJ/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-island-thunder

we can't enter it even if we wanted to so in turn it's a useless giveaway and therefore wastes space on our list![/QUOTE]

You don't need to remove DLC/addons. It's only when you don't have the base game that it prevents you from entering. But if you do have the base game, it will allow you. Steamgifts set it up like that to ensure people don't enter for something they can't actually use.

[quote name='kujen']You don't need to remove DLC/addons. It's only when you don't have the base game that it prevents you from entering. But if you do have the base game, it will allow you. Steamgifts set it up like that to ensure people don't enter for something they can't actually use.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I then replied this:

Thanks for that clear up, I thought it meant something else.

I've since add it back and added a new Nuclear Day giveaway as well!

Seeing as how the ghost recon never said that it was a DLC, so I didn't know what Missing Base Game meant until after my post.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I can edit it at the bottom of the post but from the top I need mod approval.... hehe[/QUOTE]

I approved it for you and added 3 new giveaways!

[quote name='sandman8288']Awesome idea to start a thread for this! Maybe another group should be started that way only true CAGs will be in it.[/QUOTE]
Breaking apart the bundles is against the sites rules just an fyi

True CAGs? It's the official CAG group, which requires a membership of this site to get it. About as true as you can get. If you want to keep out the freeloaders, just set a contributor amount on your giveaways.

Edit: @LlamaNinja, a stupid one at that. The whole point of the community is to give away, yet they ban individual games from bundles, beta keys, and keys that may or may not be exploited. I could see their point if it was like this site and people were trading, but these are giveaways.

[quote name='Andami']True CAGs? It's the official CAG group, which requires a membership of this site to get it. About as true as you can get. If you want to keep out the freeloaders, just set a contributor amount on your giveaways.

Edit: @LlamaNinja, a stupid one at that. The whole point of the community is to give away, yet they ban individual games from bundles, beta keys, and keys that may or may not be exploited. I could see their point if it was like this site and people were trading, but these are giveaways.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's too easy to find out that a site is doing giveaways, ask for an invite to the group and never visit again. I like the idea of private giveaways for people who are checking the thread/active. I can understand the banning of bundle games too, because it inflates all the numbers and makes contributor exclusive giveaways have less meaning and less exclusivity, plus inflates the amount of points everyone has, which makes it harder for everyone to win the giveaways they want because there are more potential entries.

[quote name='Andami']True CAGs? It's the official CAG group, which requires a membership of this site to get it. About as true as you can get. If you want to keep out the freeloaders, just set a contributor amount on your giveaways.

Edit: @LlamaNinja, a stupid one at that. The whole point of the community is to give away, yet they ban individual games from bundles, beta keys, and keys that may or may not be exploited. I could see their point if it was like this site and people were trading, but these are giveaways.[/QUOTE]
Well it isnt stupid considering it counts a lot higher of a donation. What would be a 10 dollar(max) is now a 50+ dollar. Throw in the fact it clogs up the page with those give outs... it gets very annoying. Ohh yeah also it only cost a dollar or so for that so yeah....

At the beginning of the next hour I am posting Orcs Must Die GOTY and it only last for one hour. So in about 45 minutes, 5 pm cst. This giveaway is only viewable to members of the Cheap Ass Gamer Steam group.

It actually doesn't require a membership to this site to be in the Steam Group. Anyone who is a member can invite people, which means almost anyone who knows anyone can get in. Someone from another site who is a member here could get in the group and invite 200 people from the another site. If only mods could invite, then it would be different. If they have a major problem with the trading of these games, then drop their trade value to $0 temporarliy. They could easily fix the issue of people trying to earn contribution credit. There may be games in a bundle that I want to keep, there shouldn't be an issue if I want to get rid of the ones I don't want.

The CAG Steam Community Group was created back in 2007, Steamgifts.com did not exits. The group was not created with the intention of having people use it for raffling games (indirectly through group restrictions) but to communicate and play games with. CAG itself has a "Contest & Free Stuff" section just for these kinds of raffles. There you can put up all the keys you want for raffle and vet the winners yourself without being forced to commit to someone you're unsure of. Yes, it's not as convenient as Steamgifts.com but at least you'll have more control over your "gifting" (post count restrictions, joined date restrictions etc.)

I personally don't have a problem with people raffling Indie Bundle keys as I myself often times end up with duplicate of games I already own. But it appears this is something that is frowned upon at Steamgifts.com and you put up Indie Bundle keys at your own risk on that site. Yes, someone reporting a Indie Bundle key that is being offered "privately" to the group is a dickmove but not something I'd consider valid for kicking off the CAG Steam Community Group when Steamgifts.com has their own rules and restrictions. Again, the CAG Steam Community Group was not created to complement Steamgifts.com, and any sour experience or misgiving you have from there is beyond the groups control.

Anyone in the CAG Steam Community group is welcome to post giveaways in the groups page in the comments section. But any problems concerning Steamgifts.com should be directed over there and not on CAG or Steam threads.

Please note I'm speaking on my own behalf here, not CheapyD, CAG or any of the other group admins.

I've had Steam for awhile now, just barely recently started getting into it and am enjoying it so far. If you have any spare codes you are willing to give me, i'd appreciate it. Missed the Left 4 Dead sale as it was on my radar but still hoping for another sale to get it

Well my problem isnt him auctioning off the games individual (it is fine getting rid of extra one or two game)... but he is just unloading the bundle. The site has no problem with people getting rid of the bundles just breaking it apart just so you cant get more from it. That is why it hits my nerve he is doing exactly what they say the problem is. The reason they didnt just shrug when one or two guys gave away an extra game. Plus it makes the CAG look like cheap cheaters... and not just cheap guys
/end rant

[quote name='LlamaNinja']Well my problem isnt him auctioning off the games individual (it is fine getting rid of extra one or two game)... but he is just unloading the bundle. The site has no problem with people getting rid of the bundles just breaking it apart just so you cant get more from it. That is why it hits my nerve he is doing exactly what they say the problem is. The reason they didnt just shrug when one or two guys gave away an extra game. Plus it makes the CAG look like cheap cheaters... and not just cheap guys
/end rant[/QUOTE]

For your information, I bought the bundle because I heard they were adding a Theatre Of War game next week, which I want. Also, you don't know If I got the 3 game bundle, or the 7 game one, I may have kept the other 4. You probably shouldn't assume things. I've already stated, I don't care about the contributor credit, they can take it for all I care. I already have some, I don't need any more. It's not like I can delete the giveaway now.

What's really the big deal though? What if you only wanted game x and not the other 4 or so games? If he breaks it down you can only try for the game you really wanted in the first place)

Another thing to note, if you don't like the way he gives certain keys away, don't enter or look at them!

I'm going to be creating a Steam Group of my own for giveaways that I'll be doing (extra on top of giveaways I'll be doing for the CAG group) In these giveaways all steam keys will be allowed as long as they are not redeemed already! (DUH!) These keys include but are not limited to bundles, keys won that you don't want (which is also frowned upon) and keys from things like the summer seal (whish again is not allowed)

if interested let me know!

[quote name='madcookie83']What's really the big deal though? What if you only wanted game x and not the other 4 or so games? If he breaks it down you can only try for the game you really wanted in the first place)

Another thing to note, if you don't like the way he gives certain keys away, don't enter or look at them!

I'm going to be creating a Steam Group of my own for giveaways that I'll be doing (extra on top of giveaways I'll be doing for the CAG group) In these giveaways all steam keys will be allowed as long as they are not redeemed already! (DUH!) These keys include but are not limited to bundles, keys won that you don't want (which is also frowned upon) and keys from things like the summer seal (whish again is not allowed)

if interested let me know![/QUOTE]
The thing is: He is giving away the games through steamgifts.com, so it has to abide by their rules, its just that simple. They say that bundle keys shall not be allowed, and you have to respect that(also, they are working on a harsher system to people who give bundle keys) Thing is, if bundle keys were allowed, that would screw-up the whole site, with contributions value exploited and the site clustered with hundreds of the same game giveaways, thus making it slower. Also it would break the balance of the points system.

They do have a section for giving away keys for steam ON this site with no bundle limit or restrictions. Just bugged that the site gives you a few rules to look at and so few people read it.

@Bernado I do think they allow Bundles on the site but they have to LIST the bundle not just give out the keys that he/she wants.

You can give away bundles but you need to keep them as bundles. I don't like restrictions for what keys can be allowed or not.

I did create my group (I was going to make one long before this conversation even started) add me on Steam and I'll send you an invite!

[quote name='LlamaNinja']They do have a section for giving away keys for steam ON this site with no bundle limit or restrictions. Just bugged that the site gives you a few rules to look at and so few people read it.

@Bernado I do think they allow Bundles on the site but they have to LIST the bundle not just give out the keys that he/she wants.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they allow giving the whole bundle, as they ajust the value of it so it is not exploitable.

Just a note though: I dont think sandman8288 is not doing anything bad, as i am sure that he only wants to give something to CAG people... but rules are rules, and they exist for a reason.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Yes, they allow giving the whole bundle, as they ajust the value of it so it is not exploitable.

Just a note though: I dont think sandman8288 is not doing anything bad, as i am sure that he only wants to give something to CAG people... but rules are rules, and they exist for a reason.[/QUOTE]

And a friendly warning/reminder instead of going through all the CAG group giveaways and telling them they're reported would've been a much better way to go about it. I'm blacklisting you from my future giveaways, please don't waste your points to enter them.

[quote name='Genocidal']And a friendly warning/reminder instead of going through all the CAG group giveaways and telling them they're reported would've been a much better way to go about it. I'm blacklisting you from my future giveaways, please don't waste your points to enter them.[/QUOTE]
Did not saw this thread before i reported, and im kinda of tired to see exploiters(well, this is not the case, but there are people giving dozens of these keys) all day, so i think my reaction is somewhat justified. Maybe a little overreacting, i would admit, but at the time there was no possibility for a "nicer" alternative. Either way, no problem with the blacklisting.
[quote name='LlamaNinja']Also last thing for everyone else to know Indie bundle 7 is already listed on the create a giveaway list.[/QUOTE]

Thats odd, i tought they only listed it after it ends? :/

[quote name='BernardoOne']add "/signature.png" to the giveaway link. You can also see that if you go to your giveaway: if you look closelt, there is "comments" "entries" "stats" "signature". Choose signature.

Here is your banner btw, just to be quicker

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip!

Hope you guys don't mind I added time slots to the wiki to clean up the wiki a bit.

[quote name='BernardoOne']The thing is: He is giving away the games through steamgifts.com, so it has to abide by their rules, its just that simple. They say that bundle keys shall not be allowed, and you have to respect that(also, they are working on a harsher system to people who give bundle keys) Thing is, if bundle keys were allowed, that would screw-up the whole site, with contributions value exploited and the site clustered with hundreds of the same game giveaways, thus making it slower. Also it would break the balance of the points system.[/QUOTE]
just like your railworks, M&b warband and shadowgrounds?

I just noticed that some people are giving away keys from the Indie Gala bundle.

You aren't allowed to give away the keys separately YET.

Just an FYI.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Did not saw this thread before i reported, and im kinda of tired to see exploiters(well, this is not the case, but there are people giving dozens of these keys) all day, so i think my reaction is somewhat justified. Maybe a little overreacting, i would admit, but at the time there was no possibility for a "nicer" alternative. Either way, no problem with the blacklisting.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a damn hypocrite. I looked into your giveaways and between the free copy of Shadowgrounds you gave away, your blatantly giving away 2 copies of the extremely discounted railworks games, and the other games from bundles , all you are doing is just acting like a baby. What happened? Did you not win a giveaway that you really wanted?

[quote name='Spyder187']Stop being a damn hypocrite. I looked into your giveaways and between the free copy of Shadowgrounds you gave away, your blatantly giving away 2 copies of the extremely discounted railworks games, and the other games from bundles , all you are doing is just acting like a baby. What happened? Did you not win a giveaway that you really wanted?[/QUOTE]
So Spyder are you basically saying that he...
pwned-DH.jpg

[quote name='madcookie83']So Spyder are you basically saying that he...
pwned-DH.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nah. All I am saying is don't be a hypocrite. Hypocrisy is honestly the biggest pet peeve I have. Behind lieing, cheating, and stealing of course.

There is no way for the moderators to differentiate between whether or not the game was from a bundle or individual purchase anyway because keys, so that just makes the playing field much more fair. But, all the newer bundles have minimum purchase prices anyway, so it really isn't much different than buying a game that is heavily on sale and gifting it. Well, now it is.

[quote name='SlappyBag']I just noticed that some people are giving away keys from the Indie Gala bundle.

You aren't allowed to give away the keys separately YET.

Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

Really sorry, didn't know when I posted them up :/

hm...I cant register because my account is worth 98$ (and I need at least 100$)

I paid more than 98$ but whatever....I already sent a message without any response. stupid site.

[quote name='Razorleaf']hm...I cant register because my account is worth 98$ (and I need at least 100$)

I paid more than 98$ but whatever....I already sent a message without any response. stupid site.[/QUOTE]

It's not stupid. You need more games in your account to prove that it's a valid account and not just a fake you're using to enter giveaways. If there was no limit, people would make hundreds of accounts and enter as many contests as possible and ruin everyone else's chances of winning. It's a privilege to be allowed on the site and be able to win gifts. It sounds like you may have purchased one or two indie bundles for super cheap, anyway, so just keep that up and you'll be in soon enough.

[quote name='Razorleaf']hm...I cant register because my account is worth 98$ (and I need at least 100$)

I paid more than 98$ but whatever....I already sent a message without any response. stupid site.[/QUOTE]
If you have paypal find someone in the steam trading thread and buy something for a dollar or 2 and redeem it should bring you up 5-15 dollars. Just check steam to make sure its worth more than 2 dollars not on sale. I was 1.50 or so off and had to do it a few days ago. Or you can buy one of those indie packs that there always post about on the front page. Justm ake sure it has steam keys.

buy one of the current indie bundles on the cheap and redeem some of those games. that should do it for you easily. shit, if nothing else I have a few keys from some games i bought on the cheap laying around if you want one and you dont already have it. get with me, i will help you out.

bread's done
Back