Powerup rewards SOTW: 50% off ANY pre-owned games for 5000 points! YMMV?

Potatoechomper12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DIdn't see this posted, but not that bad of a deal for people on the look out for cheap games that are $20 and under. Not sure if it will apply to more than one game in the same transaction. :3

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/

Edit: fine print says its good for only one preowned game.

Edit 2: this coupon works on any price preowned game! It also stacks with the birthday coupon ending in 2314! Just got Metro 2033(originally 29.99) for 10 dorrars! Get it while it's still hawt!

Edit 3: it has been confirmed that this does not work on 55 dollar games. I am still hoping that this works for games that are higher than $20. The highest I tried was $38. This deal is probably dead naow. :3 YMMV.

Edit 4: according to sodapopinski..."I tried to use a $25 off any item Powerup coupon on a gas card last night. The system wouldn't apply the coupon to the total. I've bought these cards many times with the exact same coupon, and it usually works with no issues. Competent ASM then calls the Powerup helpline. They gave him some interesting info that may be relevant to this thread; apparently they are experiencing coding problems with the redemption of Powerup coupons. This has been a known issue for the last two days. The rep. suggested I try back tomorrow, or the next day, as the issue should be resolved by then."
Thanks for the info sodapopinski!

Credit goes to nietzsche74 for trying this out!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they didn't catch onto the Tablet promo stacking, I doubt they'll nerf it by tomorrow.. Thurs at minimum imo
what is the tablet promo stacking? I ordered the Ipad and just got them in today but my points have not posted yet..... I have the 50% bonus coupon

DIdn't see this posted, but not that bad of a deal for people on the look out for cheap games that are $20 and under. Not sure if it will apply to more than one game in the same transaction. :3

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/

Edit: fine print says its good for only one preowned game.

Edit 2: this coupon works on any price preowned game! It also stacks with the birthday coupon ending in 2314! Just got Metro 2033(originally 29.99) for 10 dorrars! Get it while it's still hawt!

Credit goes to nietzsche74 for trying this out!

GTFO with that shit. Whatever happened to spending your points on regular $20 off coupons and the like?

How long does it take for points to get added to your account? I dropped $600-700 between Friday and Saturda.

Also looking for a link to the bday coupon and confirmation this still works on games over $19.99.

FYI Metro 2033 goes for under $20 shipped on ebay these days. Not really a great utilization of the coupons, but it is a great game.

Have a birthday coupon ending in 3132 that someone posted a few days back that supposedly ends 02.23.14. no one really verified it and can't locate the thread.

PM if you wanna try, just let me know if it works.

My birthday is in January. Do these things just get emailed to you?

Lol and that's what I was going to say I went in to be the lab rat for you guys this week. No lost really can get the Points applied back by calling the PUR number it was worth the try.

Bummer, still might try. I don't mind using the coupon on a $19.99 game. Was going to unload my points balance on this.

Fwiw, the coupon does NOT say anything about the price of the game. There is no maximum price in the terms and conditions.

This is probably why we shouldn't take advice from anyone speaking in "Cookie Monster"
Excuse me sir, this deal is likely to become YMMV because it was meant to be for only 20 dollars and under, so you cannot blame him. Besides, if it weren't for him, we would have thought that we could only use it for that set limit of games.

It seems gamestop had changed the coupon to only work for the appropriate amount. Sorry to those that had missed the deal. ):

So is it JUST the 55 dollar games, or can a coupon work for, say, a 35 dollar game?  I know Metro worked a while ago, but that was a while ago and 30 dollars.  Can anybody confirm?

I used it on Luigi's Mansion 3DS in store and it worked - sort of. The clerk called corporate, who made him try a few different things before telling him it shouldn't work because of the $20 dollar limit, but he told them that he would "take care of the customer and override it because that was not printed on the coupon," even saying he'd defend it to his DM if he had to. I didn't push at all, and I would have happily let it go. I don't want anyone getting in trouble, but it was nice to get the coupon to work without making a scene. I don't make scenes.

Excuse me sir, this deal is likely to become YMMV because it was meant to be for only 20 dollars and under, so you cannot blame him. Besides, if it weren't for him, we would have thought that we could only use it for that set limit of games.

It seems gamestop had changed the coupon to only work for the appropriate amount. Sorry to those that had missed the deal. ):
Lighten up and learn how to laugh... my goodness!

just try it today I had 3 coupons all 3 coupons did not work and i was buying 2 games under $20 so I called corporate they are giving me my points back :headache:

just try it today I had 3 coupons all 3 coupons did not work and i was buying 2 games under $20 so I called corporate they are giving me my points back :headache:
did you try individual transactions?

I'm tempted to still attempt to use the coupon. It's really a matter of the manager being there and willing to override. I'm not trying to buy Ghosts or anything, thinking they'll be more willing to override for obscure, seemingly over priced games.

did you try individual transactions?

I'm tempted to still attempt to use the coupon. It's really a matter of the manager being there and willing to override. I'm not trying to buy Ghosts or anything, thinking they'll be more willing to override for obscure, seemingly over priced games.
yes I did still did not work

So they just kill the coupon completely because they did not code it right?  So everyone trying to use it legit is SOL as well?

I just got a pre-owned Pikmin 3 for half off with this at a Gamestop location....but this included the Gamestop employee having to be on the phone for 40 minutes with the Gamestop power up rewards people...and then a call to the DM to honor it.....

Well, I'll try Animal Crossing first (About 29 bucks), then I'll try a 19.99 used game.  Probably Jungle Beat or something.  Or Disgaea 4.

Here's the suck for the rest of the month SOTW-rise:

12/30
50% off a preowned game - 15,000 pts

12/23
25% extra in store credit when you trade a game - 5,050

12/16
15% off any preowned media player - 2,500

12/09
Batman & Superman t-shirts - no point value listed

Here's the suck for the rest of the month SOTW-rise:

12/30
50% off a preowned game - 15,000 pts
12/23
25% extra in store credit when you trade a game - 5,050
12/16
15% off any preowned media player - 2,500
12/09
Batman & Superman t-shirts - no point value listed
Thanks Darby, and those are nasty. :/ So I'm guessing this deal is dead now? I wonder when Gamestop will be giving out those % off scratch cards. My store said they were not told to hand them out yet. :eek:

I was able to get the store clerk to call the DM and get an over ride code, due to the fact the coupon did not say game $20 and under.  I picked up RYSE for $24[attachment=1327:IMG_00000545.jpg]

So another interesting outcome of the coupon fiasco, is they are still in my account unused. So I guess I can go to another store today and use them again.

now that everyone claims it is not working even for stuff under $20...im tempted to get it because overrides might be more easily given out. 

I'm going to try using my coupon on Ryse tomorrow after work. I have a feeling that if I press the issue enough they will pretty much have to give me the 50% off.

So on the description to the coupon, says it doesn't expire until 12//22/13 (cool).  Bought it to use on 12/20 (payday).  On the printed coupon, it says only until 12/14 (not cool). Anyone else notice this?

So on the description to the coupon, says it doesn't expire until 12//22/13 (cool). Bought it to use on 12/20 (payday). On the printed coupon, it says only until 12/14 (not cool). Anyone else notice this?
Mine says 12/14 too and I'm almost positive that it said 12/22 when I redeemed points for it the other day.

Tried picking up used Monster Hunter 3 Wii U for 18.99 with the coupon, coupon wouldn't go through.  I'm just going to call Power Up Rewards and get my points back....

bread's done
Back