Powerup rewards SOTW: 50% off ANY pre-owned games for 5000 points! YMMV?

Potatoechomper12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DIdn't see this posted, but not that bad of a deal for people on the look out for cheap games that are $20 and under. Not sure if it will apply to more than one game in the same transaction. :3

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/

Edit: fine print says its good for only one preowned game.

Edit 2: this coupon works on any price preowned game! It also stacks with the birthday coupon ending in 2314! Just got Metro 2033(originally 29.99) for 10 dorrars! Get it while it's still hawt!

Edit 3: it has been confirmed that this does not work on 55 dollar games. I am still hoping that this works for games that are higher than $20. The highest I tried was $38. This deal is probably dead naow. :3 YMMV.

Edit 4: according to sodapopinski..."I tried to use a $25 off any item Powerup coupon on a gas card last night. The system wouldn't apply the coupon to the total. I've bought these cards many times with the exact same coupon, and it usually works with no issues. Competent ASM then calls the Powerup helpline. They gave him some interesting info that may be relevant to this thread; apparently they are experiencing coding problems with the redemption of Powerup coupons. This has been a known issue for the last two days. The rep. suggested I try back tomorrow, or the next day, as the issue should be resolved by then."
Thanks for the info sodapopinski!

Credit goes to nietzsche74 for trying this out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me take it all those still with coupons in active offers got overrides, while those who's coupons were accepted (me and some other guy) lose coupon? 

I tried to use the coupon two days ago on a 19.99 game and it came up as invalid.  The coupon is still active in my offers however I did notice that my expiration date went from 12/12 to 12/14.  No clue if the new expiration date means it should work now.

*EDIT*

Nope, coupon still does not work.  Even had them try it on a 49.99 game and still no go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yerpes, that's right. :D by the way guys, I got this email about a $3 off any preowned game coupon from Kongregate.

http://m.kongregate.com/pages/game-of-thrones-promo?haref=GS_GoTACoupon

It says you have to get to level 2 in the game and your coupon will be emailed to you in 24 hours. Offer ends 12/18/13. :D
Cool! You should make thread.

Me been thinking. Maybe redeemed coupon get rejected same way as unused one, then manual override still make it work (as long as there no message saying coupon already redeemed.)

Cool! You should make thread.

Me been thinking. Maybe redeemed coupon get rejected same way as unused one, then manual override still make it work (as long as there no message saying coupon already redeemed.)
Haha, alrighty.

Hmmm, that may work, but not quite sure. Good luck if you do try it! I can't do it because I didn't print out my coupon. :/

going today to try and use it on NBA 2k14 in one store and Dead Rising 3 in another store wish me luck.  Remember coupon is good until tomorrow. 

bread's done
Back