PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, interesting day ... first gamestop was run by idiots who refused to run separate transactions for the ipad 2 32gb trade in. Ended up losing money initially, then took the 16gb retina ipad and flipped it for a 32gb retina using 30% bonus plus 25% off coupons. Rinse and repeat with 32gb ipad. Then tracked down 4 decent ipad 1s at 131 a piece and was able to trade 2 to Target. Hoping the Target deal holds tomorrow and I can drop off the other two ... it was a busy day.

Thanks for the replies.  I should have done more research here and am usually pretty good about getting the most of these transactions.  What makes me the most upset is that the clerk flat out lied to me about what "good" meant as a category.  I specifically asked him if my iPad was being graded at max value.  It was super clean, always cased, etc.  He told me "good" was the highest category so I didn't press the issue.  Had I known he was under rating my iPad I would have walked or asked for another opinion.

I will try to contact a manager but have been around long enough to know how this will most likely play out.  Thanks again y'all.

Thanks for the replies. I should have done more research here and am usually pretty good about getting the most of these transactions. What makes me the most upset is that the clerk flat out lied to me about what "good" meant as a category. I specifically asked him if my iPad was being graded at max value. It was super clean, always cased, etc. He told me "good" was the highest category so I didn't press the issue. Had I known he was under rating my iPad I would have walked or asked for another opinion.

I will try to contact a manager but have been around long enough to know how this will most likely play out. Thanks again y'all.
If all else fails, do the survey on the receipt and be brutal, but honest. DM's take these surveys seriously and will usually work to correct the issue.

If I've used all my coupons but two still show as available under my "active offers" does that mean they are still usable?
More than likely yes. I had this happen on two occasions with dollar off coupons. They were good for a second use.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if the dollar off coupons are stacking with the 25% coupon?

More than likely yes. I had this happen on two occasions with dollar off coupons. They were good for a second use.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if the dollar off coupons are stacking with the 25% coupon?
Thanks! I still bought two more just now though, so I guess I'll have four left then.

Should I convert my Gamestop credit from Ipad flip to Amazon or keep it at Gamestop? Which will give me a better chance at landing a PS4 before the new year?

Ended up buying this coupon w/ my points. Picked up a 4th Gen 16GB iPad after trading in some games that pretty much paid it off.

The associate is cool that she allowed me to purchase a PS2 game worth $0.02 cents to trigger the 50% TIV bonus promo since it couldn't be combined with this coupon. 

There was signage in the store that smartphones, tablets,and electronics were 10% off. I read some posts on this thread or on the Target iPad thread that there was an additional 10% off taken off the price. I didn't see that on my receipt.

But heck, $230 and change after 25% and 10% off for last year's iPad model that can last me for 2-3 years? Worth it for me.

Ended up buying this coupon w/ my points. Picked up a 4th Gen 16GB iPad after trading in some games that pretty much paid it off.

The associate is cool that she allowed me to purchase a PS2 game worth $0.02 cents to trigger the 50% TIV bonus promo since it couldn't be combined with this coupon.

There was signage in the store that smartphones, tablets,and electronics were 10% off. I read some posts on this thread or on the Target iPad thread that there was an additional 10% off taken off the price. I didn't see that on my receipt.

But heck, $230 and change after 25% and 10% off for last year's iPad model that can last me for 2-3 years? Worth it for me.
Extra 10% came from buy a Scratch and Scuff model

Now I have a question, I used one coupon but I also used 500 more points for another one. I wanted to see if it really was a mystery each time.

Since it isn't, I was wondering if I could go into the Gamestop I normally use with the next coupon?

What I am asking is do they take a record of what coupon you just used? If so how long does it usually last or do I have to go to a different location?

If so I might just skip using it. 

Now I have a question, I used one coupon but I also used 500 more points for another one. I wanted to see if it really was a mystery each time.

Since it isn't, I was wondering if I could go into the Gamestop I normally use with the next coupon?

What I am asking is do they take a record of what coupon you just used? If so how long does it usually last or do I have to go to a different location?

If so I might just skip using it.
I personally used three of them on my main account with no problems.

No idea how you get more then one account.

Wouldn't you need more then one card or do they all act as one?

Thanks for the answer though if it works I plan on using another one.
Not a problem, you do have a different card for each account, just need another person's name, different address and phone number. For instance I have a card in my fiances name, used her cell number and her old address before she moved in with me.

Not a problem, you do have a different card for each account, just need another person's name, different address and phone number. For instance I have a card in my fiances name, used her cell number and her old address before she moved in with me.
Other then the B2G1 coupons you get with a new card or a renew is there other stuff that makes it worth getting more accounts?

Other then the B2G1 coupons you get with a new card or a renew is there other stuff that makes it worth getting more accounts?
With the recent crack down from game stop on multiples it gives me the ability to do more flips and gives me access to more SOTW coupons with raising red flags. It also makes gamestop to gamestop trades much easier.

I assume you went off the price at the display case. The price is the same in store as online (plus an extra 10%). I got a 4th gen 16gb for $278 the other day.
I went back and got a different employee to ring me up. Surprise, the coupon worked this time (the other guy was an obvious moron). I got the 4th gen 16gb for $278 as well, nice deal.

Are the ipod flips Dead? I just checked a 64gb Gen 3 and there is no profit potential. Also checked 16gb mini would be $24 profit if you got a like new value.

Looks like the price hikes ruined the flips, and I never did any. OH well, I would have probably sold a xb1 or ps4 if I got one before Xmas.

Next week: (11/11) 5000 points - 50% bonus TIV when trading towards PS4 products

11/18 - same as above, but for Xbone

11/25 - 4000 points - 50% bonus TIV when trading smartphones and tablets

Question about the new steal. I've already a PRO member but if I get this can I use it to go ahead and extend my membership and then use it to get $15 off or is it only for those who are not members yet?

Oh it say's pro renewal so I suppose so.

$15 Off 1 Pre-Owned Game with Pro Renewal or Upgrade

3000 points.
It's not horrible if you use it on Black Friday since they do drop some of the used prices of the games on sale and get a B2G1 free coupon that should last until around January.
I could use the B2G1 free on Super Mario 3D World and possibly Zelda and Mario Party for the 3DS if they become available within the time period which normally happens since I live in NY which is a big market.

At this point you'll only get 25% off. The additional 10% ended Sunday and you don't get 10% off systems/accessories with powerup card.

The scratch and scuff are already discounted, but I'm curious about what you said as my purchase had a mystery discount on it and maybe that is what it was.

i think the promotion that ended was 10% off all electronics and a additional 10% off scratch and scuff electronics. so if you bought a scratch and scuff item you got 10% + 10% for scratch and scuff.

Cheapest refurbed ipad is $219. If all thats valid anymore is the steal of the week coupon, after tax and everything, its not worth it anymore.

All you get to discount is the 25% off coupon. The aditional 20% off ended yesterday.

I thought you got 10% off scratch and scuff iPads?

edit: only 25% off, oh well.
I got 3 discounts yesterday, so maybe you'll get 2. Also, the cheapest iPad is the 16GB scratch and scuff for $199.99.

10% GS deal
10% is because of the 'b-grade', I think
25% coupon

You think my renewal will go through if my pro membership doesn't expire until Spring 2014? I have a ton of points and I can easily recoup 5K points, especially with PS4 coming out next week. 

You think my renewal will go through if my pro membership doesn't expire until Spring 2014? I have a ton of points and I can easily recoup 5K points, especially with PS4 coming out next week.
i asked that same question earlier because i wanted a b2g1 and the answer was yes. so, you should be good.

Next week: (11/11) 5000 points - 50% bonus TIV when trading towards PS4 products

11/18 - same as above, but for Xbone

11/25 - 4000 points - 50% bonus TIV when trading smartphones and tablets
Man 5k points for 50% bonus... I'd rather just stick with the 30%+10% with PUR. I think gamestop forgot that the steal of the week is for us, not them.

Man 5k points for 50% bonus... I'd rather just stick with the 30%+10% with PUR. I think gamestop forgot that the steal of the week is for us, not them.
here we go with the gamestop bashing after an epic week of the 25 percent coupon. is it inherent for many people to just bitch?

Just depends I guess. If there are no other ways to get 50% then it can be worth it. 5000 points is equal to $5 in new merch and $6.25 used. If that extra 20% gets you more in trade than $6.25 (~$31.12 in base trade value to break even) the coupon is not bad. Doing a huge trade like $300 nets you $60.00.

Just depends I guess. If there are no other ways to get 50% then it can be worth it. 5000 points is equal to $5 in new merch and $6.25 used. If that extra 20% gets you more in trade than $6.25 (~$31.12 in base trade value to break even) the coupon is not bad. Doing a huge trade like $300 nets you $60.00.
Where do you get the idea that 5000 points is only $5? You have to spend a lot more than that to get 5000 points.

bread's done
Back