Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it but it showed up as a message so I responded w/ a friend request. I'm not quite used to sending/accepting friend requests from the Vita.
i added you, i saw your msg : "see u next week". i probably would not receive the game until this friday.

add me up guys name is same i use for everything

gauu

also i have a logitech usb headset i use for mmo gaming is their something i can use that with on my ps3 to chat while we play???

add me up guys name is same i use for everything

gauu

also i have a logitech usb headset i use for mmo gaming is their something i can use that with on my ps3 to chat while we play???
are you playing on the ps3 or the vita version? gauu does not exist, when i tried send u friend request

I would say so. I mean, it's somewhat heavy, but not a fancy gloss (like the Japanese appears to be) or as nice as any of the other art books I have. Feels like the exact same stock as Demon Souls DX's guidebook.

I wouldn't say I am not impressed with the quality (I mean it's a free 64 page art book, what right do I have to demand something on par with a retail art book?), just that I am countering those who say it's good. Like Kenshindono above said it was actually really nice, which I just don't agree with. I've barely used mine and you can already start to see some wear on my cover. Also, for a company that gets a lot of their praise from designs, over gameplay, I sort of expected Atlus to do a little better with it.
I said it was nice compared to most of the other artbooks we've been getting lately. You know the cruddy little 6-12 page things that are less than 1/2 the size of this. I cant remember a better artbook ive gotten as a bonus in a while. Like you said its a free bonus. YOu cant compare it to a professional artbook like something from Udon entertainment or something

Tomorrow will be the last day I play Dragon's Crown, so if anyone wants to play with me just add me tonight. Keep in mind that you CAN find an AI version of me, which will be a HUGE aid when fighting harder bosses / the end boss.
I will add you when I get home from work. I'll take any help I can get. (My ID = Nosferatu_Red)

Anyone else feel free to add me too! I'll be on the PS3 version.

I'm pretty sure the only copies Best Buy are getting are preorder copies that were preordered months ago. I don't see any coming into my store....unless they surprise ship them tomorrow.
Looks like you're right. All my local Best Buys have "Ship to store-5 to 7 days" listed when I look at the store pickup options. Guess I'll try Gamestop when they open before I pick up ToX from Best Buy. At this point, I'll be happy finding a physical copy locally with or without the artbook. Have a feeling I'll either have to order online or just get it from the PSN store.

Newegg is awesome. I used free shipping and the game is already in NYC and out for delivery. I just hope my artbook doesn't come crushed lol 

I said it was nice compared to most of the other artbooks we've been getting lately. You know the cruddy little 6-12 page things that are less than 1/2 the size of this. I cant remember a better artbook ive gotten as a bonus in a while. Like you said its a free bonus. YOu cant compare it to a professional artbook like something from Udon entertainment or something
We can debate this if you want, but it seems pointless...

Japanese is hard cover / looks to have better paper.

MGS Legacy collection had better quality paper and a slip cover (I like when I can store one inside the other).

The old skimpy Catherine / Demon Souls ones were better quality (my Dragon's Crown artbook has more wear than the copies of those artbooks I own) and came with an OST.

Project X Zone had a terrible artbook (though it did have better paper) and came with an OST.

Metal Gear Rising had a lot larger (though less pages) artbook with a lot of attention to details.

Like I said, it's better than nothing, but praising it right off the bat is silly. I rather have something that is smaller and higher quality (cause they last and look nice), than have a larger book that has more wear than an artbook I've had since 2009.

Newegg is awesome. I used free shipping and the game is already in NYC and out for delivery. I just hope my artbook doesn't come crushed lol
Hoping yours isn't crushed should be the least of your worries. Getting one in the first place should be. Newegg might have a history of getting Atlus preorders, but that in no way guarantees anything.

Does anyone know if BestBuy is getting any copies of this game besides pre-orders?  I checked Bestbuy.com this morning and the only options I see are "ship to store" for both the Vita and PS3 versions.

Does anyone know if BestBuy is getting any copies of this game besides pre-orders?  I checked Bestbuy.com this morning and the only options I see are "ship to store" for both the Vita and PS3 versions.
you should check just in case. if you cannot find it at any gamestop.

fuck ing Gamestop. Went to pickup my pre-order for Dragon's Crown and they say they didn't have any artbooks, even though it was a pre-order and I was guaranteed one by an employee. Sucks.

fuck ing Gamestop. Went to pickup my pre-order for Dragon's Crown and they say they didn't have any artbooks, even though it was a pre-order and I was guaranteed one by an employee. Sucks.
Don't listen to employees ever anywhere.

It states on the pre order website that the art books are "while supplies last"

Odds are the person was being lazy, didn't know about it or just didn't care. If you want, I still have to pick up my preorder and if they give me a second artbook I'll sell you it for $5 shipped. This is pretty much my cost to getting you it, so it's not a bad deal.

Don't listen to employees ever anywhere.

It states on the pre order website that the art books are "while supplies last"
They put that in there so they won't be responsible for anything. It honestly means nothing and every item says that.

Hey admiralvic (or anyone who owns the game), I am buying both the ps vita and ps3 versions and they will be at my house when I get off of work. I want to know since this game supports the cross save system is there only one trophy set for this game. I wouldn't really like if I have to get the same trophy twice.

If Amazon doesn't include my artbook I'm sending the game back. End of story.

By the way. my PSN username is TheOpusFuller

I'll be getting the VITA version and will play the crap out of this game so add me if you want a good player on your team\!

No dice. I had a guy who was willing to get me it, but the manager who gave me my copy was the only one who knew if they even had them so I canceled my preorder.

Had this preordered over a year before any announcement of the artbook on newegg and didn't get the art book are you kidding me?
Newegg has always been risky with preorder items. No ones fault but yourself on that one.

Hey admiralvic (or anyone who owns the game), I am buying both the ps vita and ps3 versions and they will be at my house when I get off of work. I want to know since this game supports the cross save system is there only one trophy set for this game. I wouldn't really like if I have to get the same trophy twice.
Only 1 set.

then dont buy it there? if they screwed you go buy it somewhere else :)
Didn't. Returned it as soon as I saw the book wasn't in the bag. They said they only got 5 books and that they were all picked up. This was an hour after they opened though so I thought it odd. Also thanks for trying admiral. Hoping Amazon(.com) gets me the book.

Did you get artbook from Newegg?

No art book with my Newegg order :(
At least you got your Newegg order. They cancelled my Xillia CE yesterday and someone left a message with my brother today saying that one of or both of my FFXIV PS3 CEs could get cancelled because availability or something related. It goes without saying that I'm never, ever ordering anything from them again. I'd honestly rather not get something at all than think I can breathe easy because I pre-ordered it, only for it to be cancelled the day before launch.

does the PS3 game also come with the vita like only PS3/Vita Games do

I've had several issues with Newegg, with shipping, with bonus items -- I've sworn them off.

Got my Amazon Dragon's Crown in great condition, with the book.

Well it looks like the book and games were bundled together at the factory based on what I just received from Amazon as they were shrink wrapped together in their own cardboard backed package inside the Amazon packaging.  Though I don't know why they thought it also necessary to glue the game to the book, didn't realize that and nearly messed up the cover.  Really not into the art books and never end up looking at them but this is still nicer than I expected.

Well it looks like the book and games were bundled together at the factory based on what I just received from Amazon as they were shrink wrapped together in their own cardboard backed package inside the Amazon packaging. Though I don't know why they thought it also necessary to glue the game to the book, didn't realize that and nearly messed up the cover. Really not into the art books and never end up looking at them but this is still nicer than I expected.
Hm...I pre-ordered from Amazon too, I hope that glue doesn't cause too much of a problem.

bread's done
Back