Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you do the quest things.. it says harbor at the first dungon but i dont see no harbor here
Did you read the actual quest? It tells you exactly what you need to do for that one.

There's a door the thief can open that leads to a little dock area with a treasure chest in that first level.

I'm still waiting for my Amazon copy to ship. Not sure whats taking so long.
At least you didn't stupidly* order from Target. Yeah I saved some money through my discount, but it hasn't shipped so I called them up and they said it was backordered, which wouldn't be too much of a problem except that I pre-ordered back in May.

*It could be that it just hasn't updated or whatever and might still show up in the estimated delivery window. I'm just not sure if I should just say fuck it and order one from Amazon in hopes that I'll still get an art book.

[edit] I just find it kind of funny that we got Tales of Xillia (in-store) with the art book and cd but NOT DC! Hunh.

At least you didn't stupidly* order from Target. Yeah I saved some money through my discount, but it hasn't shipped so I called them up and they said it was backordered, which wouldn't be too much of a problem except that I pre-ordered back in May.

*It could be that it just hasn't updated or whatever and might still show up in the estimated delivery window. I'm just not sure if I should just say fuck it and order one from Amazon in hopes that I'll still get an art book.

[edit] I just find it kind of funny that we got Tales of Xillia (in-store) with the art book and cd but NOT DC! Hunh.
target will cancel your order easily, once items are backordered. better cancel now, and save the headache

Spoke w/2 reps at NewEgg via email about the art book and they said they never offered it as a bonus. That's bs, I saw it with my own eyes when I preordered it last year...

target will cancel your order easily, once items are backordered. better cancel now, and save the headache
Looks like Amazon will take it back with no problems so I ordered a copy from them and if Target comes through I'll just return ithe Amazon one.

I think that next time if we don't get it in-store I'll be getting it somewhere else.

Stupid question but the product description leads me to believe that if I order either version (PS3 or Vita) it will still come with the art book. Do you think they're just going to continue to ship new orders with the art books until they deplete inventory? Sort of like how it was with rayman origins?

Stupid question but the product description leads me to believe that if I order either version (PS3 or Vita) it will still come with the art book. Do you think they're just going to continue to ship new orders with the art books until they deplete inventory? Sort of like how it was with rayman origins?
that is exactly how it is

I would assume that's what's going on. They probably got an allotment based on how many pre-orders they projected to have with some margin for last minute ones. They're also really good about removing that stuff once it's done with.

I still can't believe Best Buy stores got Planes the video game on four systems, but not a single copy of Dragons Crown that wasn't preordered. If I was still a gaming sup I'd be having kittens. Had a few phone calls about the game today. I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much since we didn't carry Muramasa Rebirth either. I've spent more money in GameStop this past month than I had in the previous two years.

Well I say get it when you can, it's pretty phenomenal and the grind loops look well designed. With a direct link to the PSN Store I'm hoping there's decent DLC coming down the pipe as well.

I would assume that's what's going on. They probably got an allotment based on how many pre-orders they projected to have with some margin for last minute ones. They're also really good about removing that stuff once it's done with.

they are good at it, but they are not perfect.. I think there is a good chance you will still get an artbook,, but I wouldn't guarantee it by any means.

Well I say get it when you can, it's pretty phenomenal and the grind loops look well designed. With a direct link to the PSN Store I'm hoping there's decent DLC coming down the pipe as well.
Don't hold your breathe. Muramasa got DLC announced prior to the Japanese launch (in March) and we still haven't even seen a in game screenshot of the DLC. I suspected we wouldn't get many / any updates, but that was proven wrong today (as Japan got one that made the online less than completely awful, but not by much).

Don't hold your breathe. Muramasa got DLC announced prior to the Japanese launch (in March) and we still haven't even seen a in game screenshot of the DLC. I suspected we wouldn't get many / any updates, but that was proven wrong today (as Japan got one that made the online less than completely awful, but not by much).
Yeah, I see what you mean. Muramasa was a port though so I would hope DLC was budgeted in the development as the "we didn't quite finish it for launch so is it cool if you pay extra for it" content.

It's always kind of a tough read on whether 300k in Japan and whatever the US does meets the expectations of Atlus and Vanillaware, which is a pretty small studio.

None for regulars at GS. Went to two stores to find it and when I got it the chick there said they flew off yesterday and only had a handful left for today. Guess the game is going faster then I even expected.
I think it is more that there isn't a lot of demand, so there isn't a big stock.
This game is selling out everywhere and is one of the top selling games so far this month, so there is a lot of demand.

This game is selling out everywhere and is one of the top selling games so far this month, so there is a lot of demand.
What is going on in Japan has nothing to do with the US. Lets not forget that it is also digital, so there is unlimited supply if you want it that much.

Not sure what you mean. Was replying to ShadowAssassin's quote about there not being a lot of demand for Dragon's Crown in the US. Game is selling out in tons of gamestop locations and is in the top 5 on the gamestop and amazon bestsellers so demand is there for sure. Seems like no one expected this game to do so well. I'm willing to bet it might beat Catherine for the best first week launch for an Atlus title yet which is great. Maybe this might improve the chances of Seeing Grand Knight History here someday, at least I hope so anyways.

Not sure what you mean. Was replying to ShadowAssassin's quote about there not being a lot of demand for Dragon's Crown in the US. Game is selling out in tons of gamestop locations and is in the top 5 on the gamestop and amazon bestsellers so demand is there for sure. Seems like no one expected this game to do so well. I'm willing to bet it might beat Catherine for the best first week launch for an Atlus title yet.
I assumed you were talking about Japan, since it's not that hard to find a copy (at least for me). I also assume Amazon is selling out of it because the page says the 64 page artbook WILL be included, which means they can at least get a discount if that doesn't happen. Seems like BestBuy / Walmart didn't plan on stocking it in store, so most people are stuck going to GameStop, which probably also has to do with the artbook.

Never buying a game from Newegg again. I really wanted this damn art book. Atlus and Newegg can both EAD.
I think the majority of the blame should go to Atlus. They only stated the artbook was available at 'participating retailers' and then didn't bother to list which ones would have it. All they did was list the retailers that you could preorder the game at.

i confirmed it with a bestbuy rep today, they will not have any dragons crown in store, it is only available online for now. gamestop is your only best bet. if you want to get it during the release week.
Best Buy seems to have given up on gaming.

I was able to get the game and artbook with no problems from the Gamestop near me. I've generally had good experiences with them on pre-orders. Sucks to hear that some of you guys didn't get an artbook or even the game yet. 

I still can't believe Best Buy stores got Planes the video game on four systems, but not a single copy of Dragons Crown that wasn't preordered. If I was still a gaming sup I'd be having kittens. Had a few phone calls about the game today. I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much since we didn't carry Muramasa Rebirth either. I've spent more money in GameStop this past month than I had in the previous two years.
And that's why they rarely have such people in any sort of leadership position anymore and they're getting what they deserve out of it. It still makes me a little sad that for most of the time I was there it was a great place to work, at least the store I was at, where I was actually happy to tell people where I worked and (setting aside the usual percentage of stupid in all retail) was full of people I liked working with. Then the endless restructures started and within weeks destroyed all the morale and goodwill that had been established over years.

I was in one recently and something like 90% of the store was cell phones and tablets.
Well yeah, they get huge kickbacks from the carriers on new contracts and phones and tablets are what's hot right now. Home theater is a saturated market that's stalled out and people don't buy new computers anymore unless their old one's dead. Tablets are still something new to most people and are still evolving rapidly enough that those with more money than sense will upgrade every year like they did with TV's and computers before. I really think we're going to start seeing almost the whole middle of the stores where they're clearing out space be more branded "experience shops" to show off those products while getting a big fee from the brands that want that dedicated retail space without the associated overhead or trying to drive traffic to them.

Anyway, something on topic... maybe it's just me but the "slightly excessive" bits of the art aren't really something I've noticed while actually playing. Except for one detail that is: my Amazon's butt is oddly pointy and anytime she runs I can't help but notice. It really bothers me for some reason.

And that's why they rarely have such people in any sort of leadership position anymore and they're getting what they deserve out of it. It still makes me a little sad that for most of the time I was there it was a great place to work, at least the store I was at, where I was actually happy to tell people where I worked and (setting aside the usual percentage of stupid in all retail) was full of people I liked working with. Then the endless restructures started and within weeks destroyed all the morale and goodwill that had been established over years.

Anyway, something on topic... maybe it's just me but the "slightly excessive" bits of the art aren't really something I've noticed while actually playing. Except for one detail that is: my Amazon's butt is oddly pointy and anytime she runs I can't help but notice. It really bothers me for some reason.
Then you've never played with the sorceress. Her bust jiggles whenever she does a spell and her run is just comical.

And that's why they rarely have such people in any sort of leadership position anymore and they're getting what they deserve out of it.  It still makes me a little sad that for most of the time I was there it was a great place to work, at least the store I was at, where I was actually happy to tell people where I worked and (setting aside the usual percentage of stupid in all retail) was full of people I liked working with.  Then the endless restructures started and within weeks destroyed all the morale and goodwill that had been established over years.

Well yeah, they get huge kickbacks from the carriers on new contracts and phones and tablets are what's hot right now.  Home theater is a saturated market that's stalled out and people don't buy new computers anymore unless their old one's dead.  Tablets are still something new to most people and are still evolving rapidly enough that those with more money than sense will upgrade every year like they did with TV's and computers before.  I really think we're going to start seeing almost the whole middle of the stores where they're clearing out space be more branded "experience shops" to show off those products while getting a big fee from the brands that want that dedicated retail space without the associated overhead or trying to drive traffic to them.

Anyway, something on topic... maybe it's just me but the "slightly excessive" bits of the art aren't really something I've noticed while actually playing.  Except for one detail that is: my Amazon's butt is oddly pointy and anytime she runs I can't help but notice.  It really bothers me for some reason.
the geek squad warranty/ service is another good source of their revenue

Then you've never played with the sorceress. Her bust juggles whenever she does a spell and her run is just comical.
Nope, only the amazon so far. Been running around with a couple AI sorceresses (that's a fun word to type) so we'll have to see when I give her a whirl.

the geek squad warranty/ service is another good source of their revenue
Good point, forgot about that. Still, as far as actual product goes a lot of it is cell phones and tablets now which also drive a fair bit of service.

Oh I know that you dedicate floor space to what makes you money. It's just that the one(s) closest to me used to almost rival Fry's when it came to being able to find just about anything.

So after playing it today, I'd suggest if you're doing couch co-op with more than one buddy that you do it on a big TV. Shit is wayyyy too crowded for four people on my 24 inch.

my bestbuy has a half row only for ps3 games (on both sides).  

Right now it's just a cluster fuck of ps3 games thrown everywhere. I think they've given up even trying to put them in alphabetical order. I've given up trying to find games many times. It's getting almost as bad as walmart.

xbox gets 2 full rows though, but i think it's because of the kinect and a lot more accessories.

I noticed it too in preview screens that showed her standing before the games release and thought it weird. Whatever, still gonna play as her. :)

Also, amazon order shipped! Estimated date the 9th by Lasership. Lasership is better than USPS here since the mail tends to come at 7-8pm for my block so I should get it earlier. Sweet!

I noticed it too in preview screens that showed her standing before the games release and thought it weird. Whatever, still gonna play as her. :)

Also, amazon order shipped! Estimated date the 9th by Lasership. Lasership is better than USPS here since the mail tends to come at 7-8pm for my block so I should get it earlier. Sweet!
Lasership? That actually sounds far too bad ass for what I'm presuming to be some low rent courier service.

Lasership? That actually sounds far too bad ass for what I'm presuming to be some low rent courier service.
They give the packages to normal people working for them and those people deliver them to the places they need to go. No company truck or anything like that and the work is commission based I believe. Good thing is that in this area they tend to deliver early in the day. Not sure about this since it was a while ago but I believe I actually had something delivered here once around 7am or so on a SUNDAY. I thought it was neat anyways.

BB is taking the gaming counters out of their stores and eliminated the dedicated gaming employees.
Im not surprised, its been sliding downhill for a while now. I guess i wont be shopping there much longer. Too bad i spend a lot there, im a silver member pretty much just from games. Taking the gaming counters out is dumb enough, but eliminating gaming employees is just retarded. I dont know what BBY is doing anymore

No stores got them, it's online only right now. Went in to pick some up yesterday and saw the inventory screens - zero on order in my region.
what the crap? No stores got any? Even for Pre-order? Thats bs. Does that mean we get no artbook. I tried calling today as well but they still seemed to have no clue whats going on.... another reason taking gaming counters and removing gaming employees is retarded. Especially if your still doing pre-orders and stuff

WHat do i need to do to get my game/artbook? They all have their heads up their asses. I doubt talking to a manager would help. Would the 1-800 number do anything? SHould i have them order one online? The problem is i dont know if that will net an artbook. This is a huge clusterfuck. Has ANYONE got a copy from BBY? I see a post about no one getting an artbook. Does that mean some people actually got the game at least?

Im not surprised, its been sliding downhill for a while now. I guess i wont be shopping there much longer. Too bad i spend a lot there, im a silver member pretty much just from games. Taking the gaming counters out is dumb enough, but eliminating gaming employees is just retarded. I dont know what BBY is doing anymore

what the crap? No stores got any? Even for Pre-order? Thats bs. Does that mean we get no artbook. I tried calling today as well but they still seemed to have no clue whats going on.... another reason taking gaming counters and removing gaming employees is retarded. Especially if your still doing pre-orders and stuff

WHat do i need to do to get my game/artbook? They all have their heads up their asses. I doubt talking to a manager would help. Would the 1-800 number do anything? SHould i have them order one online? The problem is i dont know if that will net an artbook. This is a huge clusterfuck. Has ANYONE got a copy from BBY? I see a post about no one getting an artbook. Does that mean some people actually got the game at least?
post your question at the offiacal bbyfourm
link here http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/pre-order-bonus-art-books-offered-by-best-buy/td-p/685465/page/3

Well yeah, they get huge kickbacks from the carriers on new contracts and phones and tablets are what's hot right now. Home theater is a saturated market that's stalled out and people don't buy new computers anymore unless their old one's dead. Tablets are still something new to most people and are still evolving rapidly enough that those with more money than sense will upgrade every year like they did with TV's and computers before. I really think we're going to start seeing almost the whole middle of the stores where they're clearing out space be more branded "experience shops" to show off those products while getting a big fee from the brands that want that dedicated retail space without the associated overhead or trying to drive traffic to them.
Yeah it was announced a couple months ago that Samsung is going to rent floor space and put a Samsung store into Best Buy's. I assume that's to compete with Apple stores? I asked the folks at my Best Buy and they said it was happening later this year then in 2014 MS and Panasonic are going to have their own stores in Best Buy as well. These will all be completely separate retail experiences with a different check out because you won't be buying from Best Buy. Best Buys going to turn into a mini-mall for electronics I guess. The entire Best Buy had already been redesigned to look like an Apple store.

Thinking either starship enterprise or the millennium falcon.
Lasership is awful. Amazon has been using them frequently to deliver to my house. One time they dropped my package off on the street next to my mailbox. Another time at the end of my driveway when It was raining. It's one of those shit services that probably doesn't pay their employee enough to cover costs - their employee has to use their own car.

I just showed interest on this game yesterday so I called all 3 GS around my house and none of them have extra artbooks. Will still pick it up later though as I'm doing the trade 2 eligible games (Fifa 13 & NFS: MW) for a new game.

Order from amazon to get artbook...

UGH. I still haven't had a chance to play this.

I finally picked it up yesterday after work (Gamestop sold out of the Vita copies and only a a few extra PS3 copies). I got my artbook which they only had enough for the preorders.

But yeah now I get home around 11pm tonight and have to be back awake at 7am. Looks like this weekend is going to be nothing but Dragon's Crown! haha

UGH. I still haven't had a chance to play this.

I finally picked it up yesterday after work (Gamestop sold out of the Vita copies and only a a few extra PS3 copies). I got my artbook which they only had enough for the preorders.

But yeah now I get home around 11pm tonight and have to be back awake at 7am. Looks like this weekend is going to be nothing but Dragon's Crown! haha
the ps3 version is the better one, you will be glad you got it instead of the vita.

the ps3 version is the better one, you will be glad you got it instead of the vita.
I don't have a Vita! Hahah I had my PS3 copy already preordered. I was merely commenting on the fact seeing as so many stores are out of stock or not carrying it. Just showing that it is indeed a limited initial run apparently.

I don't have a Vita! Hahah I had my PS3 copy already preordered. I was merely commenting on the fact seeing as so many stores are out of stock or not carrying it. Just showing that it is indeed a limited initial run apparently.
i doubt it, it is probably like fire emblem, the initial expectations exceeds the demand during the first week of release. after that fire emblem was more readily available.

They give the packages to normal people working for them and those people deliver them to the places they need to go. No company truck or anything like that and the work is commission based I believe. Good thing is that in this area they tend to deliver early in the day. Not sure about this since it was a while ago but I believe I actually had something delivered here once around 7am or so on a SUNDAY. I thought it was neat anyways.
Yeah so a low rent courier. Prestige is the same thing in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana region.

Yeah it was announced a couple months ago that Samsung is going to rent floor space and put a Samsung store into Best Buy's. I assume that's to compete with Apple stores? I asked the folks at my Best Buy and they said it was happening later this year then in 2014 MS and Panasonic are going to have their own stores in Best Buy as well.
Yeah, the Samsung thing's almost entirely rolled out already. The Panasonic and MS thing is the kind of partnership I was talking about where they get paid big fees to use the floor space that's losing them money. Also if you go to any of the stores that have been having resets lately you'll see that they're basically removing media and clearing out almost everything that comprised the middle of the store except cell phones, cameras, and the Samsung shop.

i doubt it, it is probably like fire emblem, the initial expectations exceeds the demand during the first week of release. after that fire emblem was more readily available.
While this is likely to be the case, history shows that most Atlus titles are never SUPER available. Most older titles are now somewhat difficult to come by. No means is it impossible.

I am just saying I have a feeling this game may not have stockpiles in stores like many other titles haha

bread's done
Back