Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me conflicted. I'd planned on preordering through gamestop with my green harvest of cash money game credit, but this might be a slightly sweeter alternative. Pity the Xbox 360 version is still 39.82. It was in my goldbox for around 37.somethingsomething. Should have preordered through the goldbox anyway. I preordered Splinter Cell: Conviction LE in my goldbox for 75.99, amazon.com reduced the original price to 69.99 and adjusted the goldbox value retroactively to 66.50 accordingly. Blast!

[quote name='DKRobbie']Color me conflicted. I'd planned on preordering through gamestop with my green harvest of cash money game credit, but this might be a slightly sweeter alternative. Pity the Xbox 360 version is still 39.82. It was in my goldbox for around 37.somethingsomething. Should have preordered through the goldbox anyway. I preordered Splinter Cell: Conviction LE in my goldbox for 75.99, amazon.com reduced the original price to 69.99 and adjusted the goldbox value retroactively to 66.50 accordingly. Blast![/QUOTE]

Always wondered how that worked. Neato.

I was fortunate enough to be able to snag a $25 preorder for SSFIV (and ended up cancelling my amazon goldbox preorder as a result), but getting a swell free bonus would've been nice.

[quote name='KaneRobot']

You're clueless if you don't already know what is going to happen. First one's free, then they charge you for the rest. And most likely, at the end they'll roll them all into one package at a discount just to REALLY annoy anyone who bought the individual packs.[/QUOTE]

And your a dumb ass if you think costumes matter. But I forgot they are forcing you to buy them right.. right?

[quote name='Decker']I got that, but am still waiting on the Tekken 6 exclusive costume.[/QUOTE]
You do know the Cardboard Tube Samurai DLC costume Amazon was offering has been a free download for months now right? I didn't get my code for that from Amazon until like 3 days before it went live on the PSN as a free download for everyone :applause:

What really gets me is that a lot of the time, the dlc costumes are already on the disc, but you still have to pay money to unlock them. That's what happened with regular SF4.

I'm buying both versions, but this whole costume dlc is a joke. Seeing as there are only 5 characters in this costume pack, they're going to have 7 in total and charge $4 for each, when they're already on the disc.

Guess this freebie is good, since one of my mains is in it and I sure as hell wouldn't buy this anyway.

EDIT: On second thought, i'll take the advice of the other guy and resell these codes on Ebay presale for profit. Capcom can kiss my ass with their DLC clusterfuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='defmonkey05']but for some reason Capcom thinks this is the SNES and can just release newer titles with Super attached to it and subtitles for future releases. There's too many great games coming out[/QUOTE]
Oblivion GotY
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold
Call of Duty 4 MW GotY
Gears of War 2 GotY
Little Big Planet GotY
Fallout 3 GotY
Resident Evil 5 Gold

Now, this is just a thought, but maybe Capcom's just following a trend.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Oblivion GotY
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold
Call of Duty 4 MW GotY
Gears of War 2 GotY
Little Big Planet GotY
Fallout 3 GotY
Resident Evil 5 Gold

Now, this is just a thought, but maybe Capcom's just following a trend.[/QUOTE]

The biggest difference is that all those games you listed (with the small exception of LBP's 18 user-created levels) have extra content that can be bought as DLC. Super SFIV doesn't. I know, I know, someone will tell me the way everything's been reworked means that there couldn't have been a simple DLC add-on or a firmware fix...

I plan on ordering Super Street Fighter 4 from Amazon, but does anyone know if they will soon provide release date delivery for SSF4? I really don't want to wait.

[quote name='rapsodist']The biggest difference is that all those games you listed (with the small exception of LBP's 18 user-created levels) have extra content that can be bought as DLC. Super SFIV doesn't. I know, I know, someone will tell me the way everything's been reworked means that there couldn't have been a simple DLC add-on or a firmware fix...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to do just that:lol:...

Well... this deals with software. For DLC to work, it has to be planned prior to release. I don't know if Capcom did that or not. If you want a game that more efficiently uses the system's resources, then a newly compiled software is better.

Alternatively, if they did plan for DLC for every single aspect of the game (e.g. - the timing and types of moves, as well as animation data), then all of those information will have to be read and interpreted each time the game is loaded. This implies at the very least, increased load time.

I'm not exactly happy that they took this route, but considering the alternative, I don't exactly blame them either once I've thought about it.

Capcom is not following a trend.
Capcom HAS BEEN the trend.

Get yourself a list of the Street Fighter games or two, and you will realize that Capcom has been releasing the original Street Fighter titles and then RE-releasing "new" ones (ie, Rehashes) by adding any of these words anywhere in the "Street Fighter" title:

ALPHA
SPECIAL
SUPER
STRIKE
EX
TURBO
FINAL
MAX
HD (

[quote name='cRodz']Capcom is not following a trend.

Get yourself a list of the Street Fighter games or two, and you will realize that Capcom has been releasing the original Street Fighter titles and then RE-releasing "new" ones (ie, Rehashes) by adding any of these words anywhere in the "Street Fighter" title:

ALPHA
SPECIAL
SUPER
STRIKE
EX
TURBO
FINAL
MAX
HD (

ALPHA
SPECIAL
SUPER
STRIKE
EX
TURBO
FINAL
MAX
HD (

[quote name='United_Korea']damn capcom for not including all the costume in the game.[/QUOTE]

All the costumes are included on the disc. Your just paying for an unlock code. THANKS CAPCOM! :roll:

everyone who whines about SSFIV is obviously not a 2d fighter.

much like us 2d fighter and SF fanatics would probably never spend 80$ on a JRPG that comes with a weeabo artbook.

im dying to see these forums when Super Street Fighter IV Turbo comes out :lol:

So if they don't have release date shipping available now does that mean they probably won't have it at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postulio']everyone who whines about SSFIV is obviously not a 2d fighter.

much like us 2d fighter and SF fanatics would probably never spend 80$ on a JRPG that comes with a weeabo artbook.

im dying to see these forums when Super Street Fighter IV Turbo comes out :lol:[/QUOTE]

Come on now, not only are you using weeaboo incorrectly, why you gotta be hatin'? Just spread the love, man.
I'm far more exited about SSFIV than I was about the original release of SFIV.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So if they don't have release date chipping available now does that mean they probably won't have it at all?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, release date shipping has been added to other games as their release approaches. I've seen a few Amazon pre-order threads update their titles with "RELEASE DATE DELIVERY AVAILABLE" long after the original thread began.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So if they don't have release date chipping available now does that mean they probably won't have it at all?[/QUOTE]
I've seen release date delivery not show up for some games until like 3-4ish weeks before release. So there's still hope :bouncy:

[quote name='cRodz']the fact that there are pissed off people who never saw another RE-release of SF4 coming and bit Street Fighter 4 when it first came out, or the fact that some of you are defending Capcom's re-release of SF4 and justifying it...
is just plain disturbing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz']the fact that there are pissed off people who never saw another RE-release of SF4 coming and bit Street Fighter 4 when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cRodz'] RE-release of SF4[/QUOTE]

Hmm... wrong choice of words perhaps?

It doesn't matter, it's going to be Fighting Game Of The Year, AGAIN!

:)

I pre-ordered the Japan and US versions for both systems!

I'm still jealous about the pre-order bonuses EU gets...

[quote name='SDC']I'm far more exited about SSFIV than I was about the original release of SFIV.[/QUOTE]

/\ THIS

I hadn't played SF since SFII for the SNES. It wasn't till about 3-4 after the game came out that I discovered the amazingawesomesuperfantastico-ness of SFIV. After about 9000 matches, 2 completely trashed fight pads, purchase of same game for another console, and finally getting a fight stick, that this game has been played more than the past 40 games I own...combined. I still need a ton of work

Damn, if you guys haven't seen the EU pre-order bonuses, they are iphone/ipod character covers.

I don't even have an iphone but I would love to have one of these covers over our pre-order bonuses.

I wish capcom would do more steel books. I got the steel book from RE5, Lost planet and DMC4 and would like one for street fighter also.

[quote name='cRodz']
the fact that there are pissed off people who never saw another RE-release of SF4 coming and bit Street Fighter 4 when it first came out, or the fact that some of you are defending Capcom's re-release of SF4 and justifying it...
is just plain disturbing.[/QUOTE]

I thought they would go the DLC route since, you know, it's not 1994 anymore, but they proved that wrong. Not that I give a crap. Couldn't resist SFIV on release day and I loved it, so I won't be able to resist SSFIV on release day either. It's stockholm syndrome...capcom is a total bastard, but I love them because they've put out some of the best games this gen.

If this is DLC, how much do you think it would cost:
10 new characters
4 new stages
new ultra for each character
new online modes
Based on the cost of DLC nowadays, that could very easily cost $40.
It's pretty much a disc-based DLC-expansion, but it's just all on one disc.

[quote name='2&2']If this is DLC, how much do you think it would cost:
10 new characters
4 new stages
new ultra for each character
new online modes
Based on the cost of DLC nowadays, that could very easily cost $40.
It's pretty much a disc-based DLC-expansion, but it's just all on one disc.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, how much did Shivering Isles cost? or Tomb Raider Anniversary 360?

[quote name='ninja dog']I don't know, how much did Shivering Isles cost? or Tomb Raider Anniversary 360?[/QUOTE]

Wow, reaching deep into the well there.

would have been better if they gave out gift cards. i'll wait to see if something better pops up before placing an order.

ALPHA
SPECIAL
SUPER
STRIKE
EX
TURBO
FINAL
MAX
HD (

Just read over at joystiq...

Svensson also teased that those who played SFIV on the system for which they purchase SSFIV will get access to "a nifty little special set of things that those people will have the option of enjoying that others won't."

Source: Joystiq
So it sounds like you wont need SFIV afterall, just a save proving you played the game on that system before. Kinda like how Legends of wrestlemania worked with SVR09 game save, allowing you to use the SVR09 wrestlers in LOWM. Im not sure what a nifty little special set of things is, but i hope they tell us what soon.

What's the point of having internet access with games then..? I thought the original plan was to add more contents after initial release, as explicitly said in early Sony press release.

Not that I'm complaining, really. I personally could care less.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just read over at joystiq...

So it sounds like you wont need SFIV afterall, just a save proving you played the game on that system before. Kinda like how Legends of wrestlemania worked with SVR09 game save, allowing you to use the SVR09 wrestlers in LOWM. Im not sure what a nifty little special set of things is, but i hope they tell us what soon.[/QUOTE]
That's good, those smart enough to keep their gamesave won't have to go through the trouble of renting or buying used and immediately returning it. Although I am betting that this bonus isn't going to be that great at all.

[quote name='SimaYi']That's good, those smart enough to keep their gamesave won't have to go through the trouble of renting or buying used and immediately returning it. Although I am betting that this bonus isn't going to be that great at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe some special set of titles or icons for your nametag.

[quote name='Ocajavati']What's the point of having internet access with games then..? I thought the original plan was to add more contents after initial release, as explicitly said in early Sony press release.

Not that I'm complaining, really. I personally could care less.[/QUOTE]

Certain games do that, yes. It is tougher for a fighting game, though. Imagine one player buys no DLC, and the other buys the SSFIV update. They can't play together anymore, the games are now too different. SSFIV runs faster, and has changed moves. Meanwhile, the guy with the old version has the same moves with different properties?
It just doesn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back