Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ocajavati']What's the point of having internet access with games then..? I thought the original plan was to add more contents after initial release, as explicitly said in early Sony press release.

Not that I'm complaining, really. I personally could care less.[/QUOTE]

Considering capcom's past this gen, if they could have then I'm sure they would have.

[quote name='distgfx']Considering capcom's past this gen, if they could have then I'm sure they would have.[/QUOTE]

SSF4 is already on the SF4 disc. You just need to unlock it like RE5 multiplayer.

so i saw the post below me, so i wiki sarcasm, and i found out that in english we lower our vocal frequency to indicate sarcasm as opposed to cantonese (my native language) raising vocal frequency.
saying things that aren't true is considered sarcasm on the internet? but sarcasm is saying one thing and meaning the opposite, doesn't apply in my case. someone majoring in literature/humor enlighten me please

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anathema728']SSF4 is already on the SF4 disc. You just need to unlock it like RE5 multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

... sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet, but you're joking, right?

EDIT: Just saw the edit, whew, good.

EDIT #2: So you ARE saying SSFIV is already on SFIV's disc?

Last edited by a moderator:
You assholes still complaining about this not being DLC? This game has 10 new characters and like 5 new levels... it's $20 off the price of a new game. What more can you possibly ask for?

[quote name='PhrostByte']You assholes still complaining about this not being DLC? This game has 10 new characters and like 5 new levels... what more can you possibly ask for?[/QUOTE]

New music, costumes, online modes, bonus stages, graphic enhancements, etc.

... Oh wait

[quote name='distgfx']bonus stages[/QUOTE]
The best "bonus stage" in regular SF4 was the one where you had unlimited super meter against one buff zangief in the challanges.

I wish there were options to play rounds with these extra rules, I mean it's already in training mode, why not have a miniature "sandbox" mode.

[quote name='anathema728']The best "bonus stage" in regular SF4 was the one where you had unlimited super meter against one buff zangief in the challanges.[/QUOTE]

You considered that a bonus stage?

[quote name='distgfx']You considered that a bonus stage?[/QUOTE]
Haha, it's in quotes. I mean, it becomes more of a puzzle. Now that I think more about it, it's pretty hard for some of the characters like fei long.

[quote name='Ecto311']I wish capcom would do more steel books. I got the steel book from RE5, Lost planet and DMC4 and would like one for street fighter also.[/QUOTE]

you could always wait for super street fighter 4 turbo

[quote name='panzerfaust']Are the kickass 3rd Strike remixes that were in the hype trailer going to be in the game as well?[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty safe to assume those are the new themes for Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto. Makoto is my favorite SF character ever, but Dudley's theme was by far the best of the remixes.

[quote name='AwRy108']I just hope they add new stages, too--I felt like there weren't enough in the first go-around.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed five new stages so far: Africa, India, Korea, Metro City, and Seth's new lab.

Why doesn't anyone get that they NEED to release this game because they tweaked all the characters attacks and moves so that its more fair? If they changed all the characters moves in SF4 then everyone would get pissed because its not the same. This game should get a 10 out of 10 because its technically a NEW game, each character now has 2 Ultra combos to choose from as well with moveset adjustments. I hate people who are stupid. I'm getting this at GS for 35 new I would have gladly payed 60 for this without a peep. (I've got well over 200 hours logged just from vs. with my friends)

I'm sorry, but I have purchased nearly every Street Fighter game ever released. Some many times, like all the SFII variants up to and including SSFIITHD. I bought SFIV when it came out, and will purchase SSFIV when it releases. If you are a Street Fighter fan, you will buy this because Capcom added SO much more content. I am happy that so many people bought SFIV when it came out because without your support we would never have received a Turbo version with all it's vast improvements.

For those who actually WANT DLC, don't worry, I am sure Capcom will give you something to spend more money on. For those that can't see spending $40 on what "could have been" DLC, I offer you Halo 3 ODST ($60), RE5 Gold ($50), and any $60 GOTY (Fallout, COD, Oblivion, etc.). You have already spoken with your wallets. I'd personally rather pay for my DLC on a disc than digitally.

If you don't like it, be a good CAG. Stop complaining and wait until it hits the bargain bin. If SFIV and all other fighters are any indication, it shouldn't take long...

[quote name='phantasyx']Why doesn't anyone get that they NEED to release this game because they tweaked all the characters attacks and moves so that its more fair? If they changed all the characters moves in SF4 then everyone would get pissed because its not the same. This game should get a 10 out of 10 because its technically a NEW game, each character now has 2 Ultra combos to choose from as well with moveset adjustments. I hate people who are stupid. I'm getting this at GS for 35 new I would have gladly payed 60 for this without a peep. (I've got well over 200 hours logged just from vs. with my friends)[/QUOTE]

i hate people like you who hold this stupid mentality and i cant believe you dare call people stooped.

ugh

[quote name='SDC']I think it is pretty safe to assume those are the new themes for Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto. Makoto is my favorite SF character ever, but Dudley's theme was by far the best of the remixes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm just curious as to when they will play, because it's not like they added stages specifically for the new characters (at least not all of them).

[quote name='panzerfaust']Yeah I'm just curious as to when they will play, because it's not like they added stages specifically for the new characters (at least not all of them).[/QUOTE]

I believe in an interview they said the music will play based on the character Player 2 picks, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I really don't understand the complaining behind the update. If they made the characters/new stages/features DLC it would easily run $30 just like Elder Scrolls Expansions. Problem is there are so many tecnhical tweaks and updates (not just in the moves/ultras/inputs and basic gameplay but also online) that this couldn't be DLC. I don't cut Capcom any slack but there is no reason to be getting mad at them over it, especially since it isn't full price.

What we SHOULD be complaining about is how Capcoms financial division intends to nickel-and-dime the hell out of gamers by stripping out and holding back content in games, even in games like this where it's dubbed the definitive version. It's not just these overpriced DLC costumes and a clusterfuck versus mode for RE5, they held back levels and modes in Megaman 10 and already have DLC lined up for it for the next two weeks.

[quote name='SimaYi']
What we SHOULD be complaining about is how Capcoms financial division intends to nickel-and-dime the hell out of gamers by stripping out and holding back content in games, even in games like this where it's dubbed the definitive version. It's not just these overpriced DLC costumes and a clusterfuck versus mode for RE5, they held back levels and modes in Megaman 10 and already have DLC lined up for it for the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]
THIS
What simayi said.

Dont mind me bro
i am just going to quote myself out from page 4.

[quote name='cRodz']
the fact that there are pissed off people who never saw another RE-release of SF4 coming and bit Street Fighter 4 when it first came out, or the fact that some of you are defending Capcom's re-release of SF4 and justifying it...
is just plain disturbing.[/QUOTE]
and you all know well what i meant regardless of the word "re-release".

everyone here is just damn blind.
hell, i am beginning to think these people are trolls

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im glad its not DLC, my 20GB hard drive is almost full.[/QUOTE]

You said it man.. I'd rather have a real disc I can hold in my hands and sell (sorry SF gods you know I would never do that) if I wanted to. Kids these days just don't know what's up anymore.

so what's different between this new version and the previous? other than added characters, car stages (bonus round I think it is?) and new costumes? I am hesitant on buying it as my friend has this game from launch and am also wondering if we will be able to play each other online in vs mode or will something hold us back like him not having a certain item(s)?

[quote name='intoxicated662']so what's different between this new version and the previous? other than added characters, car stages (bonus round I think it is?) and new costumes? I am hesitant on buying it as my friend has this game from launch and am also wondering if we will be able to play each other online in vs mode or will something hold us back like him not having a certain item(s)?[/QUOTE]

• 10 new characters
  • Improved online with new features
  • All characters given a selectable 2nd ultra attack
  • Game design and balance tweaks to make for a more "aggressive" fighter
  • New costumes, music, stages etc...
It's the new edition to Street Fighter 4, you will need to buy Super if you want to play those who have Super.

If you enjoyed playing SF4 a lot, this is well worth your money.

well that sucks then. that means my friend has to buy the new game too in order to play against me online. he has the launch version of sf4 so I guess I won't be getting this. it's not a bad price @ $40 for everything, just sucks how you can't play against people who have sf4. I don't know of anyone who is going to buy this since they already have the regular version.

[quote name='intoxicated662']well that sucks then. that means my friend has to buy the new game too in order to play against me online. he has the launch version of sf4 so I guess I won't be getting this. it's not a bad price @ $40 for everything, just sucks how you can't play against people who have sf4. I don't know of anyone who is going to buy this since they already have the regular version.[/QUOTE]

The hype behind Super is pretty huge. If you want any sort of online community to play with, I'd recommend upgrading.

i'm not the one who has to be upgrading, my friend is. I wouldn't mind buying the game normally but it's not a game that I know of several people playing it. Last time I played sf4 online people were taking it too serious and I got cussed out..lol. sf4 ps3 game has a trade in value of $7 plus 60% trade in credit promotion makes it a little over $11 wow. big difference if anyone wanted to upgrade

[quote name='panzerfaust']Finding a match is nearly impossible on PSN right now as it is =(
Hope SSF4 doesn't die off as quickly...[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I find matches on psn all the time. Well, every time I'm on anyways. It's only kind of difficult when I searching for a championship final match.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The hype behind Super is pretty huge. If you want any sort of online community to play with, I'd recommend upgrading.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm hoping all the really good players will move to SSF4 and I'll get to claim the title: King of the Scrubs.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i can't imagine any who played SF4 a 1/4 as much as me not getting SSF4.

Anyone not getting SSF4, good luck finding a match[/QUOTE]

How long have you played it for? I've logged about 500 hrs and I don't intend to get SSF4 (right away anyways). I guess it's mainly because I don't want to put another 500 hrs in. ;)
Also, I'm kind of moving towards more slow and methodical games.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i can't imagine any who played SF4 a 1/4 as much as me not getting SSF4.

Anyone not getting SSF4, good luck finding a match[/QUOTE]

there are still a lot of SFIV owners trying to get achievements in the multi player arena, as well as folks not willing to shell out MSRP on SSFIV after seeing how new games drop in price so quickly lately. I still ppl playing SF2 HD and never have a problem getting a match.

its because of the sale. look how many people play the regular version of SF2

I've played over 7,500 online matches in SF4, not counting offline matches with my brother

this will be a easy game to get used however I am getting it for 35 new already.

Does anyone know what special stuff you get if you have the previous game? any ideas even? I have no clue as to what they could be.

[quote name='phantasyx']Does anyone know what special stuff you get if you have the previous game? any ideas even? I have no clue as to what they could be.[/QUOTE]

Just speculating.

Could be new icons/titles. Or maybe you can color edit your character just like cvs2 (skin tone, costume top/bottom). Or... maybe we get currency in a form of Zenny.

It would be cool if they give sf4 owners a downloadable beta of their lobby system. Just to test out the netcode. New characters locked out, new stages locked out, balance tweaks are not present, that's it.

heh, it's not going to happen anyway. I'm just fantasizing about the playable beta idea.:) Well, it could be exclusive icons and titles only, who knows, we'll wait and see.

[quote name='SimaYi']I really don't understand the complaining behind the update. If they made the characters/new stages/features DLC it would easily run $30 just like Elder Scrolls Expansions. Problem is there are so many tecnhical tweaks and updates (not just in the moves/ultras/inputs and basic gameplay but also online) that this couldn't be DLC. I don't cut Capcom any slack but there is no reason to be getting mad at them over it, especially since it isn't full price.

What we SHOULD be complaining about is how Capcoms financial division intends to nickel-and-dime the hell out of gamers by stripping out and holding back content in games, even in games like this where it's dubbed the definitive version. It's not just these overpriced DLC costumes and a clusterfuck versus mode for RE5, they held back levels and modes in Megaman 10 and already have DLC lined up for it for the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Already been seconded, but I'll do it too because this post is dead on!

[quote name='panzerfaust']Finding a match is nearly impossible on PSN right now as it is =(

Hope SSF4 doesn't die off as quickly...[/QUOTE]

Serious. I'm assuming that's because the PS3 version's online matchmaking is way slower than the 360... some people I know have bought the 360 version now that you can get a TE and the game way cheaper and are playing it exclusively on 360 now.

I've pretty much completely stopped playing on PS3 except with friends who only own it on that system. There are a lot more players on 360... never have trouble finding a match unless it's like 2AM or something.

[quote name='SimaYi']What we SHOULD be complaining about is how Capcoms financial division intends to nickel-and-dime the hell out of gamers by stripping out and holding back content in games, even in games like this where it's dubbed the definitive version. It's not just these overpriced DLC costumes and a clusterfuck versus mode for RE5, they held back levels and modes in Megaman 10 and already have DLC lined up for it for the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

You have no way of knowing that they held stuff back intentionally. People make claims like this without knowing how the software development process works.

There's a reason no Street Fighter games have ever had alternate costumes before, until SF4 where they came out as DLC. Justifying paying the artists for the extra time to make extra costumes likely never made the cut before because it wasn't going to create enough (or any) additional game sales to justify that cost. Now, with the ability to sell them separately, they do have a way to make some money off them and can justify the cost it takes to create them.

As someone working in the industry, I find it extremely unlikely that Capcom said "hey, we have these alternate costumes, but let's hold them back and sell them later rather than include them". More than likely, it was a matter of (during a planning meeting early on) "Do we want to make alternate costumes?", where in all previous incarnations the answer was "no, that will just cost more money and not generate any additonal sales", the answer would now be "if we sell them separately then yeah, they're worth making".

People see stuff on the disc or put out near released and assume that it was going to be there anyway and now they just have to pay extra for it, because they don't understand how the business works. It's not a case of "if there wasn't DLC, we would have had that stuff for free on the disc", more than likely it's a case of "if there wasn't DLC, the content would not exist at all". This isn't 1982 where games are made by some guy who sits down in his basement and just starts writing code until he deems it "done". These decisions on whether or not this content will even be created are made very early on, and when they release is irrelevant to the question of whether or not you would have had them for free otherwise.

[quote name='Vcize']You have no way of knowing that they held stuff back intentionally. People make claims like this without knowing how the software development process works.[/QUOTE]
Wow. People can talk themselves into anything.

Yeah, I know whether they charge for the costumes "to pay the artists" is a huge make or break for Capcom's bottom line. If a company like Valve can afford to invest plenty of manpower to pump out new content that goes far beyond just alternate costumes - for free - there's no excuse for Capcom charging as much as they do for a few costumes, whether they are already on the disc or were planned well in advance or not. "It's apples and oranges!" No, it isn't.

I find it extremely unlikely that Capcom said "hey, we have these alternate costumes, but let's hold them back and sell them later rather than include them"
Then you have not been paying attention.

ummm hey so I'm late to the thread... has there been any word on how many alternate costumes you get with Amazon? Is it just Dhalsim in a turban?

EDIT: never mind, looks like the Amazon page has been updated. "Exclusive" costumes for Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen and Fei Long.

[quote name='panzerfaust']If you want any sort of online community to play with, I'd recommend upgrading.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

The player base is going to splinter, but given the huge number of copies that Street Fighter IV sold and that the original game is about to flood the used market and drop like a rock in price, I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding people to play with if you don't upgrade. There are a lot of people who just don't care about the series enough to shell out $40 at launch to upgrade, and a lot of people who probably aren't even aware that there IS a new version of the game coming out.

Personally, I'm probably going to do what I did last time: wait until the game hits $20 and then get it if I've got the extra cash.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I disagree.

The player base is going to splinter, but given the huge number of copies that Street Fighter IV sold and that the original game is about to flood the used market and drop like a rock in price, I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding people to play with if you don't upgrade. There are a lot of people who just don't care about the series enough to shell out $40 at launch to upgrade, and a lot of people who probably aren't even aware that there IS a new version of the game coming out.

Personally, I'm probably going to do what I did last time: wait until the game hits $20 and then get it if I've got the extra cash.[/QUOTE]

The higher level competition will be playing SSF4. I'm sure there will still be casual players on SF4, but most casual gamers have probably sold their games by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back