Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon gets you exclusive costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict SFIV will be a wasteland after Super releases. Most people who care enough about the game to still be playing it now will move to Super.

[quote name='Vcize']You have no way of knowing that they held stuff back intentionally. People make claims like this without knowing how the software development process works.

There's a reason no Street Fighter games have ever had alternate costumes before, until SF4 where they came out as DLC. Justifying paying the artists for the extra time to make extra costumes likely never made the cut before because it wasn't going to create enough (or any) additional game sales to justify that cost. Now, with the ability to sell them separately, they do have a way to make some money off them and can justify the cost it takes to create them.

As someone working in the industry, I find it extremely unlikely that Capcom said "hey, we have these alternate costumes, but let's hold them back and sell them later rather than include them". More than likely, it was a matter of (during a planning meeting early on) "Do we want to make alternate costumes?", where in all previous incarnations the answer was "no, that will just cost more money and not generate any additonal sales", the answer would now be "if we sell them separately then yeah, they're worth making".

People see stuff on the disc or put out near released and assume that it was going to be there anyway and now they just have to pay extra for it, because they don't understand how the business works. It's not a case of "if there wasn't DLC, we would have had that stuff for free on the disc", more than likely it's a case of "if there wasn't DLC, the content would not exist at all". This isn't 1982 where games are made by some guy who sits down in his basement and just starts writing code until he deems it "done". These decisions on whether or not this content will even be created are made very early on, and when they release is irrelevant to the question of whether or not you would have had them for free otherwise.[/QUOTE]

This guy right here is 100% dead on. The gaming industry is a business, not a charity. This guy understands both that fact and SF history. He's completely accurate in saying that the long and rich history of SF games never had alternate costumes until SF4. The project managers of SF4 knew that enough people would be buying the alternate costumes in SF4 to justify the cost of designing and marketing them. That's why the costumes were included. Super SF4 is a game for SF fans, not for casual gamers who dabble in this and that. This game is for the fans. I bought SF4, bought all the costumes, will be buying both versions of Super SF4 and all the costumes for at least the Xbox version. SF is my favorite game and I have no problems putting money down for it.

He makes an interesting point, but if you look in the art that you can unlock in SFIV, it shows pictures of the alternate costumes which would lead you to believe that they were already done, at least in one form or another.

Also, if you have a problem with them "holding back" costumes, or releasing them at a later date, it does absolutely nothing to enhance the game, if only aesthetically, so just don't buy them

Hey heres a tip for all newbies a DLC costume will never be 138 Kb EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER!

that or any other download, versus was 138 kb as well they will be on the disc for that amount because 138 kb is essentially a long 10 page word document.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']He makes an interesting point, but if you look in the art that you can unlock in SFIV, it shows pictures of the alternate costumes which would lead you to believe that they were already done, at least in one form or another.

Also, if you have a problem with them "holding back" costumes, or releasing them at a later date, it does absolutely nothing to enhance the game, if only aesthetically, so just don't buy them[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about SFIV, all the alternate costumes for the main cast (excluding console-exclusive characters) were in the arcade version. But arcade players had to pay for them, too.
I'm not up in arms about DLC. This is how the industry does it. Complaining about it will get you nowhere. If you don't want to pay for the content, don't buy it. But don't think that your non-purchase is going to change the system, because there are plenty of people who WILL pay for it.
My solution is to use a Sony credit card, so that I get PSN points for free. I have zero qualms about DLC now.

[quote name='SDC']If you are talking about SFIV, all the alternate costumes for the main cast (excluding console-exclusive characters) were in the arcade version. But arcade players had to pay for them, too.
I'm not up in arms about DLC. This is how the industry does it. Complaining about it will get you nowhere. If you don't want to pay for the content, don't buy it. But don't think that your non-purchase is going to change the system, because there are plenty of people who WILL pay for it.
My solution is to use a Sony credit card, so that I get PSN points for free. I have zero qualms about DLC now.[/QUOTE]

That was basically my point. Its one thing locking extra game modes and charging people for things (hello RE5) but something as extraneous as costumes, it's hard to relate to people that complain about something so meaningless. It's so much harder to win a match when Ryu doesn't look like he was drug by a horse for a few miles right before the match

[quote name='frpilot']what about if you purchased the dlc alternate costumes for the original sf4.. has anyone read about those transferring over?[/QUOTE]

They do.

Clearly, some Street Fighter fans are capcom fanboys before cheapassgamers. Wouldn't matter if the game itself costed $100, or they actually did strip out characters and charge them as unlock keys, because there's always some weak-ass justification for them to hide behind.

[quote name='SimaYi']Clearly, some Street Fighter fans are capcom fanboys before cheapassgamers. Wouldn't matter if the game itself costed $100, or they actually did strip out characters and charge them as unlock keys, because there's always some weak-ass justification for them to hide behind.[/QUOTE]

Exaggeration ftl

[quote name='kurrptsenate']He makes an interesting point, but if you look in the art that you can unlock in SFIV, it shows pictures of the alternate costumes which would lead you to believe that they were already done, at least in one form or another.

Also, if you have a problem with them "holding back" costumes, or releasing them at a later date, it does absolutely nothing to enhance the game, if only aesthetically, so just don't buy them[/QUOTE]

Well, of course they were already done and available on the disc prior to launch. That's the whole point... Capcom budgeted the alternate costumes with the knowledge that they would profit from them. It was a smart business move and personally.. I was happy that they did it. I'm happy I have the CHOICE of buying extra costumes if I want to, and I do want to.

[quote name='distgfx']Exaggeration ftl[/QUOTE]

Not an exaggeration in my case and the case of a few of my friends, we'd gladly pay $100 for the next Street Fighter. I'm proud to be a Street Fighter fanboy (The Movie Game notwithstanding).

What all of you need to understand, is what Capcom's Seth Killian Said:

"If you didnt like SF4, Youre not gonna like SSF4"

Street Fighter 4 is a great example of Popular demand finally getting what theyve been asking for after such a Long time

Super Street Fighter 4 is a great example of developers listening to the gamers, and rewarding them for sticking around.

If you cannot grasp these simple concepts, then Super Street Fighter 4 is not the game for you, and the Street Fighter community would appreciate it if you did not even buy the game. You either love it, or you dont.

Also, for anyone ignorant enough to talk about the pricing and the fact that it isnt DLC for SF4(Which i wont even get into) All i can say is this: If you dont think its worth the money, then you arent a true fan, and as said before, the game isnt for you. Either that, or you are very uninformed and should head over to the SRK community and read up on all of the amazing things going on for SSF4.

I would EASILY spend $100+ on SSF4 Considering the fact that I play SF4 more then just about every other game i own(Cept for gears and CoD, look at my gamercard lol) and thats what i consider being worth the money. Not games that you pay full price for and beat in a week.

\rant

[quote name='Don illmatix']What all of you need to understand, is what Capcom's Seth Killian Said:

Street Fighter 4 is a great example of Popular demand finally getting what theyve been asking for after such a Long time

Super Street Fighter 4 is a great example of developers listening to the gamers, and rewarding them for sticking around.

If you cannot grasp these simple concepts, then Super Street Fighter 4 is not the game for you, and the Street Fighter community would appreciate it if you did not even buy the game. You either love it, or you dont.

Also, for anyone ignorant enough to talk about the pricing and the fact that it isnt DLC for SF4(Which i wont even get into) All i can say is this: If you dont think its worth the money, then you arent a true fan, and as said before, the game isnt for you. Either that, or you are very uninformed and should head over to the SRK community and read up on all of the amazing things going on for SSF4.

I would EASILY spend $100+ on SSF4 Considering the fact that I play SF4 more then just about every other game i own(Cept for gears and CoD, look at my gamercard lol) and thats what i consider being worth the money. Not games that you pay full price for and beat in a week.

\rant[/QUOTE]

I love you.

Stupid question, (Oh, cool find OP!) does anyone think that the original costume packs from Street Fighter 4 carry over to Super Street Fighter 4?

[quote name='Don illmatix']What all of you need to understand, is what Capcom's Seth Killian Said:

\rant[/QUOTE]

Well said, Don!

I was wondering how this thread was still on the front page and made the correct assumption... people flaming about the price.

This game is being made for the die hard loyalists of the series. It is what the community has begged for over the last year. Capcom is giving us exactly what we want! When I first heard this game announced and the tons of features they were offering, I would have easily spent $60 if not more on the game. When I heard it was only $40 I thought I was getting a steal. All of the people flaming about the price don't really understand what they are getting. They just think or want 10 new characters to play with in their current SF4. This game is so much more than the 10 new characters.

Take Don's advice, head over to the SRK forum and see how crazy people can be about SF. $500 on a custom fight stick? Me personally, I drove 1.5 hours to spend full price on a TE fight because they were impossible to find at release and don't regret it for a second. I can't wait for April 27th!

^^^ agreed, even I wouldn't mind dishing out another $80 if they happen to pull of another limited edition before release date or pay another $150 for a newer design TE looking stick. only if I had the money. if your a fan, you'd support just like any other game genre/title that you really like. but as always, sometimes they do screw you and thats how life is

I'm seriously hoping the new game lobbies will cut down on those attempts to join that are thwarted by someone who has joined first (game already full) or the lobbies that say "unable to connect"

It's just a pet peeve, but it really irks me when someone uses the phrase "then you aren't a true fan". It only furthers the negative connotations of being a selective club and makes it unfriendly to new players.

I'm probably going to pick this game up for the first time when the Super edition releases. I won't be buying a fight stick. Do these things not make me a real fan? Because I've gotten beyond the days of having huge blocks of time or money to play games? Being 29, I can recall the days of spending hours in an arcade playing S.F. 2. when some of the young CAG's were teething on SNES controllers.

I won't be hardcore. Hell, I probably won't even be good. So if a community rejects me just for wanting to enjoy the same game then there is a good chance I won't support their game. And in the end, the companies behind the games want a BIG community (i.e. sales) versus an elite one.

/rant

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I'm seriously hoping the new game lobbies will cut down on those attempts to join that are thwarted by someone who has joined first (game already full) or the lobbies that say "unable to connect"[/QUOTE]

The lobbies are the thing I'm most looking forward to about this game. I said before this game was announced that I would pay another 60 bucks for an exact replica of SF4 with 8-player lobbies added. The new characters, new stages, gameplay tweaks, new ultras, all the other changes, and the $40 price tag are all just icing on the cake for me.

These lobbies are going to be an absolute riot for us.

[quote name='SimaYi']Clearly, some Street Fighter fans are capcom fanboys before cheapassgamers. Wouldn't matter if the game itself costed $100, or they actually did strip out characters and charge them as unlock keys, because there's always some weak-ass justification for them to hide behind.[/QUOTE]

Before I was saying those things I did about SF I was saying the same thing about Resident Evil 5, and I think that game sucks.

It's not about trying to defend something I like. It's about actually having some understanding of something before going on a 10 page rant about it. I have worked in the industry, and I really can't fathom what most people think the general process for making a video game is, but it's clear that it comes from some fantasy land.

I mean, this whole thing is analogous to some half-witted, frat boy football fan who sees a team that is trailing by 20 points drive down the field at the end of the game against prevent defense and score easily that says "WTF why didn't they just do that the whole game? It's so easy just line up 5-wide and throw it every time!". As someone that knows anything about football, it just makes you want to facepalm about how anyone could be so dense.

That is how game developers feel when listening to the consumers rant about this stuff when they clearly have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']It's just a pet peeve, but it really irks me when someone uses the phrase "then you aren't a true fan". It only furthers the negative connotations of being a selective club and makes it unfriendly to new players.

I'm probably going to pick this game up for the first time when the Super edition releases. I won't be buying a fight stick. Do these things not make me a real fan? Because I've gotten beyond the days of having huge blocks of time or money to play games? Being 29, I can recall the days of spending hours in an arcade playing S.F. 2. when some of the young CAG's were teething on SNES controllers.

I won't be hardcore. Hell, I probably won't even be good. So if a community rejects me just for wanting to enjoy the same game then there is a good chance I won't support their game. And in the end, the companies behind the games want a BIG community (i.e. sales) versus an elite one.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Thats because you misinterpret. Super Street Fighter 4 is a game for the extreme Loyalists and the newer crowd that wants to join the fight, not people who played the first one, said it sucks because they put no time into it to practice, and then bash the new one's method of distribution along with questioning the quality of the game.

I can say that you are right about it being a "Club" of sorts, but if i had to put it any way, id say its a club where all you have to do is Love Street Fighter to get in. You'll find that the Street Fighter community is along the nicest community in just about any game. Being a newbie in street fighter doesnt make you any less of a true fan then anyone else, and most of the time, the better players will almost always offer help and practice with you to improve your game if you come across as a nice person.

Heck, even i'l play with you when you get the game if you'd Like. I Main Guile and Chun-li, and i play with a good amount of people. Add me if you wish and we can get some practicing in when you get the game(This is an open invite to anyone)

The costume stuff is indeed BS, but just don't buy them then. They add little to the game anyways, and a lot of them look just plain stupid anyways.

[quote name='Don illmatix']Thats because you misinterpret. Super Street Fighter 4 is a game for the extreme Loyalists and the newer crowd that wants to join the fight, not people who played the first one, said it sucks because they put no time into it to practice, and then bash the new one's method of distribution along with questioning the quality of the game.

I can say that you are right about it being a "Club" of sorts, but if i had to put it any way, id say its a club where all you have to do is Love Street Fighter to get in. You'll find that the Street Fighter community is along the nicest community in just about any game. Being a newbie in street fighter doesnt make you any less of a true fan then anyone else, and most of the time, the better players will almost always offer help and practice with you to improve your game if you come across as a nice person.

Heck, even i'l play with you when you get the game if you'd Like. I Main Guile and Chun-li, and i play with a good amount of people. Add me if you wish and we can get some practicing in when you get the game(This is an open invite to anyone)[/QUOTE]

I struggle playing with Guile and Chun-Li, mainly because I cannot get the charge moves to work. In the Practice Arena, every time I try it, it won't work unless I do it from the far edge of the screen, but everyone knows it's suicide trying that in a fight. Any tips on charge attacks?

buff the charge notation, helps a lot

for combo'n into charge moves, you either aren't charging the move as long as required, or you have the timing wrong for the move right before hand. Honestly, charge moves are really the easiest ones in the game to perform consistently. It just takes practice getting the timing down

[quote name='Don illmatix']Thats because you misinterpret. Super Street Fighter 4 is a game for the extreme Loyalists and the newer crowd that wants to join the fight, not people who played the first one, said it sucks because they put no time into it to practice, and then bash the new one's method of distribution along with questioning the quality of the game.

Heck, even i'l play with you when you get the game if you'd Like. I Main Guile and Chun-li, and i play with a good amount of people. Add me if you wish and we can get some practicing in when you get the game(This is an open invite to anyone)[/QUOTE]

I'll have to take you up on that offer. I'll likely be pre-ordering this one from Amazon, so I'll be a SFIV first timer come April.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']The costume stuff is indeed BS, but just don't buy them then. They add little to the game anyways, and a lot of them look just plain stupid anyways.[/QUOTE]Well, that's really to each their own... I think it would be cool that those bought from the SFIV carried over to SSFIV. (It would be a nice gesture after all.)

And this is the part where I remind everyone that no one is forcing you to buy DLC. If you don't like it then don't buy it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Well, that's really to each their own... I think it would be cool that those bought from the SFIV carried over to SSFIV. (It would be a nice gesture after all.)

And this is the part where I remind everyone that no one is forcing you to buy DLC. If you don't like it then don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

The costumes players bought for SFIV will carry over for SSFIV.

DLC costumes seem shady, but in the end they're just costumes. With that said, in the future I'd prefer if they did the thing where new copies of the game include a code for the costumes, while people with used copies have the option to buy them on the marketplace. At least that rewards the early adopters (or "true fans" if you wanna go that route).

[quote name='SDC']The costumes players bought for SFIV will carry over for SSFIV.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I had look around for news on it but had no real luck finding any... :)

Anyhow, goes to show that, at the very least, and I mean LEAST, its not the horrible money grab that some are making it out to be.

For anyone giving Capcom shit about DLC, look no further than RE5 and their terrible excuse for a vs mode.

easily the worst $5 i've ever spent, and thats taking into account the fact that I bought a pack of Marlboros today

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Awesome, I had look around for news on it but had no real luck finding any... :)

Anyhow, goes to show that, at the very least, and I mean LEAST, its not the horrible money grab that some are making it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Note, of course, that there is a NEW set of costumes for players to buy. But yeah, the costumes people bought for SFIV will work in Super. Capcom may like money, but they aren't monsters.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']It's just a pet peeve, but it really irks me when someone uses the phrase "then you aren't a true fan". It only furthers the negative connotations of being a selective club and makes it unfriendly to new players.

/rant[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge SF fan, but I agree with you here. And for the love of god don't go over to SRK if you don't like being bombarded with elitist attitude, condescension, and a lot of idiocy. It's probably the most unwelcome place for a non-diehard fan or someone not interested in the game on a tournament level and teeming with "I'm better than you because I'm hardcore" attitude. There's plenty of great, helpful info and people, you just have to deal with a lot of people with the mentality of 10-year olds to find those.

[quote name='Don illmatix']
If you cannot grasp these simple concepts, then Super Street Fighter 4 is not the game for you, and the Street Fighter community would appreciate it if you did not even buy the game. You either love it, or you dont. [/QUOTE]
This is exactly the (wrong) attitude that is keeping people from buying the game because they feel unwelcome and is only speaking for those who want it an exclusive club of hardcore players. The part I bolded is ridiculous. Seriously, encouraging people to NOT buy the game? The Street Fighter community needs people of all dedication levels to buy the game to keep the series afloat. If you enjoy the game, BUY IT. Measuring the level of other being a fan is stupid and furthers people's perception of it being an exclusive club where you're unwelcome if you're "casual."

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, Don illmatix did respond to my post saying they have a welcoming community....just as long as you are positive. Since I haven't played, I can't say whether this is true or not, but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll be taking a shot at this come April.

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']I struggle playing with Guile and Chun-Li, mainly because I cannot get the charge moves to work. In the Practice Arena, every time I try it, it won't work unless I do it from the far edge of the screen, but everyone knows it's suicide trying that in a fight. Any tips on charge attacks?[/QUOTE]

Charging Down back will keep you stationary and will give you the option of either Flash kick/Spinning Bird Kick or Sonic Boom/Kikoken while keeping your block up. Always be charging no matter whats going on in the screen, and sometimes jabbing a few times will keep you from moving back while you charge and then throw the projectile.

heres a great guide on how to do them quickly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mARorBkHxt0

[quote name='2&2']I'm a huge SF fan, but I agree with you here. And for the love of god don't go over to SRK if you don't like being bombarded with elitist attitude, condescension, and a lot of idiocy. It's probably the most unwelcome place for a non-diehard fan or someone not interested in the game on a tournament level and teeming with "I'm better than you because I'm hardcore" attitude. There's plenty of great, helpful info and people, you just have to deal with a lot of people with the mentality of 10-year olds to find those.

This is exactly the (wrong) attitude that is keeping people from buying the game because they feel unwelcome and is only speaking for those who want it an exclusive club of hardcore players. The part I bolded is ridiculous. Seriously, encouraging people to NOT buy the game? The Street Fighter community needs people of all dedication levels to buy the game to keep the series afloat. If you enjoy the game, BUY IT. Measuring the level of other being a fan is stupid and furthers people's perception of it being an exclusive club where you're unwelcome if you're "casual."[/QUOTE]

I stand by that statement. You can ask anyone that loves a game and its community, if youre going to buy a game just to bring youre negative energy to it, just dont. There are plenty other games to play.

There are always going to be idiots mouthing off on forums, or during multiplayer. Don't let people like that ruin your enjoyment of SSF4, or any other game. Yes, SRK has tons of elitist snobs, but there are few better places to go if you really want to learn the ins and outs of a fighting game. But the idea that SSF4 is being made only for the most dedicated fans is ridiculous. Just look at how they are marketing it. Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, etc, and similar, general video game blogs and sites run features and reveals for SSF4. These are not exactly go-to sites for die-hard fighting game fans. If SSF4 was only made for the 'hardcore' SF crowd then Capcom would only be doing interviews and reveals on SRK, Eventhubs, Iplaywinner, and other fighting game or Street Fighter-centric sites. And no matter what some might say, the more people who buy SSF4, the better. They wouldn't even be making SSF4 if SF4 didn't sell so well. And the reason it sold so well, was because SF4 was made to be friendly to new players who just want to have fun, as well as deep enough to satisfy fighting game enthusiasts.
Basically, if you like the game, or just want to try it out, don't let these elitists and/or morons ruin it for you. The online community of SF4 players has its fair share of assholes, just like every other game out there. But there are also plenty of people who will just be playing for the fun of it, win or lose.

Its a shame that the alternate costumes are locked on the disc, as it would always be nice to get more for your money. I'm sure that it will go much like the SFIV alternate costumes, one play through of each and I won't give a fuckabout them anymore.

So either way, thank you for the gesture Amazon.

\rant[/QUOTE]

Please listen to this man. His very essence embodies rightosity.

/rant[/QUOTE]

By all means, enjoy the game. SF fans want you to enjoy the same game they do I'm sure. They want new blood to train with, to give Capcom more money to put into the next game, to generate interest.. etc. What they (we) don't want is: people complaining about stupid shit. If you don't want the game.. don't buy it. This game is for true SF fans who have waited 10 years since the last real release of SF3.

I can say now that I finally have a TE stick, I can see me playing this one at least as much as SF4. I can't remember a game I played more since the first Soul Caliber for DC, and that wasn't even online

[quote name='wastedyears']There are always going to be idiots mouthing off on forums, or during multiplayer. Don't let people like that ruin your enjoyment of SSF4, or any other game. Yes, SRK has tons of elitist snobs, but there are few better places to go if you really want to learn the ins and outs of a fighting game. But the idea that SSF4 is being made only for the most dedicated fans is ridiculous. Just look at how they are marketing it. Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, etc, and similar, general video game blogs and sites run features and reveals for SSF4. These are not exactly go-to sites for die-hard fighting game fans. If SSF4 was only made for the 'hardcore' SF crowd then Capcom would only be doing interviews and reveals on SRK, Eventhubs, Iplaywinner, and other fighting game or Street Fighter-centric sites. And no matter what some might say, the more people who buy SSF4, the better. They wouldn't even be making SSF4 if SF4 didn't sell so well. And the reason it sold so well, was because SF4 was made to be friendly to new players who just want to have fun, as well as deep enough to satisfy fighting game enthusiasts.
Basically, if you like the game, or just want to try it out, don't let these elitists and/or morons ruin it for you. The online community of SF4 players has its fair share of assholes, just like every other game out there. But there are also plenty of people who will just be playing for the fun of it, win or lose.[/QUOTE]

I think youre mistaken. SSF4 is a product of hardcore player feedback. Players whove played the game to death and see the cracks within the system along with ideas and ways to improve an already great game.

I see where you got mixed up tho, il say it again, the game isnt for the "Hardcore", its for the fans of the series. People who Like/Love street fighter no matter what their skill level may be. This game however isnt meant to draw out those that didnt like SF4.

I have ALOT of friends that LOVE SF4, and they are not really good at all...but yet i play with them all the time because they love SF and they just enjoy the game. So of course theyre going to market it that way, for everyone. But the fact of the matter is, SSF4 is first and foremost balancing out the playing field for High Level Play, while maintaining the easy to pick up characteristic that Street Fighter is Famous for. Id say its for the gamers, from the gamers.

I also personally think that there are going to be alot of people(Myself including) thats going to get this game on Both Platforms. Buying the game twice is something im going to do for both selfish and supportive reasons. I own a Fightstick for both consoles and i have friends that play SF4 on both consoles, plus i would like to support capcom on the release of this game. I could be wrong on the amount of people who are gonna do this, but im optimistic lol

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmmm need to get my PS3 fixed before this releases.[/QUOTE]

Just get it for Xbox along with that 12-month code. :]

What Capcom is trying to do, I think, is trying hard to sell it to the non-SF crowd more than anything else. I knew I was going to buy SSF4 from the moment I heard that they were going to release SSF4, and I know I'm not the only one. Far from it. Capcom knows this, so they don't need to push as hard to get people like us to buy it. What they want to do, is get more casuals and first time players to become hardcore fans. I think that is why they are having features like the replay channel, where you can d/l and watch other peoples matches, so new blood can see how different SF plays when people actually know what they are doing, instead of just mashing buttons and/or flowcharting. At the same time, this is one of the things I'm most interested in, and I've been playing SF since the original SF2 hit arcades. I can sit and watch high level matches for hours at a time. Obviously they are listening to feedback and fixing some of the problems of SF4. Looking at the feature list, you can tell that Capcom is really catering to the hardcore SF player, but they are SELLING it to the casual, because they already know most of the hardcore crowd will buy it. But at the end of the day, it benefits all SF players to have as many people buy the game as possible, not just the die-hard fans. Otherwise, we'll go back to the way it was with 3S, where the game will have a very, very hardcore following, and a new SF game released once every ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back