PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder that pillow case pre-order up tomorrow!

NPSG1_LE_Pillow_US__41838.1472864077.1280.1280.png

I wonder if this will be the last Neptunia game on Vita? Four Goddesses still doesn't have a platform and the only thing on the horizon is the F2P card game.

I wonder if this will be the last Neptunia game on Vita? Four Goddesses still doesn't have a platform and the only thing on the horizon is the F2P card game.
I was thinking about this too. There was an abundance of Neptunia games not yet released in NA for a while, and now all of them had been released but there's nothing next in queue.

It doesn't say it's included on the VGP site, but are the people receiving their Criminal Girls 2 LEs getting the party bag extras(pouch, pins, etc.) that are on the NISA store listing?

It doesn't say it's included on the VGP site, but are the people receiving their Criminal Girls 2 LEs getting the party bag extras(pouch, pins, etc.) that are on the NISA store listing?
They removed the listing, and about a week or two after they announced that they listed the party favors bag edition by mistake, as it was a NISA exclusive.

Currently, only the regular LE listing is active on VGP now. ;P

Just checked my GameStop order history. Shows they shipped out my copy yesterday and it's tracking number indicates it should be delivered sometime tomorrow. But the fools shipped it UPS, so I'm expecting it to arrive in a package that will look like it was run over by a truck and then got jammed in a lawnmower. Will let y'all know how it turns out upon arrival, unless I'm at work in which case will post about it tomorrow night.
My copy of Psycho Pass actually arrived in a boxed, a somewhat crushed box. UPS Only ran over it once, judging from the damage, and with something slightly lighter than a truck at that. Whole left side of the game box is puckered outward and the top right rear corner definitely took a hit. Not at all happy about the condition of a $60 game arriving like this, but happiness is mandatory, and not like GameSlop will actually do anything about this.

My copy of Psycho Pass actually arrived in a boxed, a somewhat crushed box. UPS Only ran over it once, judging from the damage, and with something slightly lighter than a truck at that. Whole left side of the game box is puckered outward and the top right rear corner definitely took a hit. Not at all happy about the condition of a $60 game arriving like this, but happiness is mandatory, and not like GameSlop will actually do anything about this.
I'd be taking that right back to a local store. That kind of damage for $60 dollars is just wrong, and then some.

Honestly, I would probably do the same for a $5 item as well, as it's the principle of the matter to me, and not always about the money(but often it's about the money). LOL

I'd be taking that right back to a local store. That kind of damage for $60 dollars is just wrong, and then some.

Honestly, I would probably do the same for a $5 item as well, as it's the principle of the matter to me, and not always about the money(but often it's about the money). LOL
I usually don't care for returning things, but in that case, you might actually be better off just returning it to a Gamestop, and then ordering it from Amazon and get 20% off (assuming you have prime) if you're just going to risk getting a crushed box anyways.

At least it'll be cheaper if it does arrived crushed.

Happiness may be mandatory, but settling doesn't (that is unless you don't have prime, then you're boned; settle away). ;D

I've been having good experience with GS's phone customer service even though it's usually a 20+ minutes on phone, not surprised as their shipment have issues frequently. Every time I have wrong thing shipped or not working (lost count of issues), they sent me a replacement without me sending the wrong one back. Just received my order of used Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, original case BUT no card inside so I called, replacement hopefully on the way. However, mine were less than $15 orders. For $60 purchase I'm not sure, I would just check online if any store nearby has it in stock and exchange in store.

Even if you don't have Prime, saving on the tax is still a win if you are in a state where Amazon doesn't charge tax.  It makes all of my near-launch game purchases closer to 30% off with it.

Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is already 25% in Europe. It's a variant of the North American version with a blue outfit Dreamcast instead of orange.

Even if you don't have Prime, saving on the tax is still a win if you are in a state where Amazon doesn't charge tax. It makes all of my near-launch game purchases closer to 30% off with it.
Unfortunately in South Carolina Amazon has a warehouse and per the ridiculous terms they worked out with the state Amazon doesn't charge us state taxes, but instead annually e-mails us a printable form that we're supposed to include when we file income taxes and include a check or money order for the amount of state taxes owed. This is why I quit ordering from Amazon, wouldn't be a big deal if they were charging me the taxes up front like every other legitimate retailer under the sun, but this stupidity of having to pay the taxes by check or money order in a lump sum directly to the state once a year is beyond stupid.

But I am going to return the game today to a local GameStop because my only option for exchange is to pay to ship it back to the GameStop warehouse in Grapevine, Texas thus upping the total cost of the game even more. And there is no store for over a hundred miles with a copy in stock. Well, there's about to be a store with a damaged copy in stock, such a waste of my time. Par for the course though, every single pre-order I've ever made with GameStop over the years, save for one, has turned into a bad experience. Sure wish NISA hadn't sold out or I would've bought directly from them, they at least use better quality shipping boxes.

... Three hours later...

Apparently I forgot to click post before I left the house earlier to go grocery shopping and return the damaged copy of Psycho-Pass to GameStop. Have done exactly that though, returned the game for a full refund to GameStop, fellow at the counter was quite understanding of the situation at least.

Presently having issues getting Iffy's Webstore to load, want to get Superdimension Neptune on pre-order today.

Woohoo! Got Supdimension pre-ordered!

In other news, Street Date for Criminal Girls 2 has been broken by a few Ebay dealers, with both standard and limited edition copies having been popping up for sale all week long raising serious questions as to why NISA officially delayed release of the game from the originally announced September 20th date until October 11th if copies of the game were already in distribution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Criminal-Girls-2-Party-Favors-Limited-Edition-for-Playstation-Vita-Brand-New/361730220051

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Criminal-Girls-2-Party-Favors-PS-Vita-BRAND-NEW-Region-Free-/391548695929

We've discussed this quite a few times already.

You must be busy as of late Tweeg since you're missing these discussions. ;D

A lot of people have already received their copy from VGP too.

raising serious questions as to why NISA officially delayed release of the game from the originally announced September 20th date until October 11th if copies of the game were already in distribution.
They may have tried ordering a second print run before releasing the game to accomodate extra demand and were told it wouldn't be ready until October. It's not suspicious at all.

After they announced there was a delay due to manufacturing issues, Gamestop magically opened up pre-orders for the game, so there does seem to be a correlation there.

Still holding out hope it'll spill over to other retailers soon.

After they announced there was a delay due to manufacturing issues, Gamestop magically opened up pre-orders for the game, so there does seem to be a correlation there.

Still holding out hope it'll spill over to other retailers soon.
Me too, even if they go to AMZ fullfillment (no 20%) I would have bought it to burn some credit, and have free shipping (last I check GS charged shipping so I backed out of the preorder page).

They are making it real difficult to support their game.

Me too, even if they go to AMZ fullfillment (no 20%) I would have bought it to burn some credit, and have free shipping (last I check GS charged shipping so I backed out of the preorder page).

They are making it real difficult to support their game.
This one doesn't. I tried checking out with it and shipping was free.

You could always use SAVER anyways to cancel out shipping for future titles that don't have it though. ;D

This one doesn't. I tried checking out with it and shipping was free.

You could always use SAVER anyways to cancel out shipping for future titles that don't have it though. ;D
Really? Must been doing something wrong when I was trying to order it from my phone. I even tried SAVER.

Interesting, might preorder it from GS then.

Really? Must been doing something wrong when I was trying to order it from my phone. I even tried SAVER.

Interesting, might preorder it from GS then.
Maybe something wonky with the mobile.

I just tried it again, and it only gives you two options, the Free Express or Day One, so it should work fine when you get home.

And this is without SAVER.

tfw the new digimon game is not getting a western release on vita. not even digitally. Asia version don't let me down now

Maybe something wonky with the mobile.

I just tried it again, and it only gives you two options, the Free Express or Day One, so it should work fine when you get home.

And this is without SAVER.
Is this with their rewards card or anything? All I've ever gotten is $5 express or $10 day one. Even tried SAVER and it told me it was ineligible. Unless it has something to do with location.

Has anyone gotten a ZTD watch from Amazon that you didn't know was coming? 

I was supposed to get 2 watches from them, but the credit was only for one, and CS was a joke, so I just said  fuck it. Well, I got a watch today that they never sent me a notice that they shipped, so I don't know what happened.

I did contact Aksys after Amazon gave me the run around, but of course Aksys never responded. So I don't know if they approved Amazon to send me my second watch, or what happened.

I did have a 3DS order that I cancelled before the game was released, but even if this watch was for that game, I should have gotten an email for the credit right? Oh well, just glad what I ordered finally arrived, but I've never gotten anything from Amazon before that didn't have a shipping notice when it was sent.

Is this with their rewards card or anything? All I've ever gotten is $5 express or $10 day one. Even tried SAVER and it told me it was ineligible. Unless it has something to do with location.
I think you might be right actually.

I just tried as a regular checkout and it's not giving the discount now.

I am not sure if this is a bonus just for Pro members, or does it work for a regular membership too.

My bad, didn't even know this was a benefit for members since it's not listed as one.

Has anyone gotten a ZTD watch from Amazon that you didn't know was coming?

I was supposed to get 2 watches from them, but the credit was only for one, and CS was a joke, so I just said fuck it. Well, I got a watch today that they never sent me a notice that they shipped, so I don't know what happened.

I did contact Aksys after Amazon gave me the run around, but of course Aksys never responded. So I don't know if they approved Amazon to send me my second watch, or what happened.

I did have a 3DS order that I cancelled before the game was released, but even if this watch was for that game, I should have gotten an email for the credit right? Oh well, just glad what I ordered finally arrived, but I've never gotten anything from Amazon before that didn't have a shipping notice when it was sent.

I got ztd watch even though I cancelled order
damn you luck bastards

no email

i cancelled long time ago

just showed up today
WOW, well then I'll just guess that this one was from my cancellation as well, as it arrived today, and I never heard anything about it.

Actually, I did get that $10 credit for the delay, but I had cancelled the day before those where issued, so I just assumed my cancellation overlapped the credit. Even if I pull the order number up in their system it shows cancelled.

All good I guess, considering how many damaged orders, and lost items I've had from Amazon over the years, I'm happy to finally have something work out in my favor.

WOW, well then I'll just guess that this one was from my cancellation as well, as it arrived today, and I never heard anything about it.

Actually, I did get that $10 credit for the delay, but I had cancelled the day before those where issued, so I just assumed my cancellation overlapped the credit. Even if I pull the order number up in their system it shows cancelled.

All good I guess, considering how many damaged orders, and lost items I've had from Amazon over the years, I'm happy to finally have something work out in my favor.
yea i got the 10 dollar credit too

just played psycho-pass. this game is definitely made for PS4 or PSTV playing on a big screen. the letters are so  fuck ing small on my PSV1000 screen and hurt my eyes after half an hour. To people who know the show, do I need to watch the show before playing the game? Or does the game share the same story as the show?

We've discussed this quite a few times already.

You must be busy as of late Tweeg since you're missing these discussions. ;D

A lot of people have already received their copy from VGP too.
Noooooooooooooooooo, I feel deprived! How could I have missed out on this being discussed!? :wall:

All the same I messaged NISA about this just before posting about it here and got a response back pretty quickly from someone thanking me for bringing the Ebay listings to their attention.

In other news, I am sitting here debating ordering Summon Night 6: Wonderful Edition. On the one hand I I love supporting publisher's willing to bring over these hard to translate Japanese games. On the other hand it's KickStarter level expensive! Well, here goes, I know I'll live to regret it if I don't pre-order. :p

And that having been said. How many Vita games do you guys/gals have on pre-order currently?

At present moment I've now got the following titles pre-ordered:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Muv-Luv Trilogy: Collector's Box

Shovel Knight

Summon Night 6: Wonderful Edition

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

And another LRG sale goes live in less than twelve hours, gaaah!

And that having been said. How many Vita games do you guys/gals have on pre-order currently?

At present moment I've now got the following titles pre-ordered:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Muv-Luv Trilogy: Collector's Box

Shovel Knight

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

And another LRG sale goes live in less than twelve hours, gaaah!

Bloodstained

Superdimenion Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls LE

Valkyrie Drive Rice LE

Criminal Girls 2 LE

DQ Builders (asian ver)

Shante....

*slips back into square's collection*

Right now, just Shantae. But I plan to get Cosmic Star Heroine too.

Honestly, I don't see myself buying very many games at all in the near future, for at least the next year or so. I have enough games to last two lifetimes, and my only two current systems (3DS and Vita) are probably on their way out. (Think I just stepped on a landmine there...)

bread's done
Back