PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! Hope you got some great Vita stuff! I got God of War Collection, Sorcery Saga, F1 2011, Tetris Plus Ultimate and Superbeat Xonic. I'm now 5 away from owning every physical vita game released in the US! I owe it all to this board!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone! Hope you got some great Vita stuff! I got God of War Collection, Sorcery Saga, F1 2011, Tetris Plus Ultimate and Superbeat Xonic. I'm now 5 away from owning every physical vita game released in the US! I owe it all to this board!
That's awesome! I hope to do a complete collection for one system someday. Which 5 do you still need?

That's awesome! I hope to do a complete collection for one system someday. Which 5 do you still need?
I'm down to Ar no Surge Plus, Htol#niQ, Breach and Clear, Saturday Morning RPG and Oddworld Abe's Odyssey. I didn't want to buy Limited Run games at first, but after I got like 80% of the US games I started buying them. I also have Yomawari with Htol#niQ on the cart, so that's my lowest priority.

Ended up getting a few Vita games in the Gamestop B2G1 free sale today.  In one round got Persona 4 Golden and One Piece Unlimited World Red, to go along with Toukiden Kiwami (for PS4, already had the Vita version).  In the 2nd round got Disgaea 4 Vita, and mixed it with Terraria 3DS (this is getting hard to find new now) and ROT3K PS4.

I'm down to Ar no Surge Plus, Htol#niQ, Breach and Clear, Saturday Morning RPG and Oddworld Abe's Odyssey. I didn't want to buy Limited Run games at first, but after I got like 80% of the US games I started buying them. I also have Yomawari with Htol#niQ on the cart, so that's my lowest priority.
Ar no Surge is obviously the most expensive one if you want it new/sealed. Going for close to $200 last i checked.

Ar no Surge is obviously the most expensive one if you want it new/sealed. Going for close to $200 last i checked.
Might want to look online at how much Breach and Clear is going for... It's way more than $200 now.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like its hovering at around $190 now

I bought all of those with the intention of playing them and now I can't bring myself to open them since they have gone up in price so much. Not really trying to be a collector, but as a dad I tend to buy stuff I think I will have time to play, but it never seems to happen. I would suspect that in the long run there will not be as large of a price gap between sealed and open copies because for those games because so many people kept them sealed and they are rare to start with (before someone attacks me yes the sealed ones will always be worth more). If At no surge pops up for under $10 on a PSN sale I will probably go that route.

Did you get a copy of Epic Mickey with an ESRB from Mexico? If so where did you get it? I did not know it existed until a few months ago. Not really going for a Vita set, but I am a Disney fan so I would kind of like to get that one especially since you can't even buy it on the North American PSN.

I bought all of those with the intention of playing them and now I can't bring myself to open them since they have gone up in price so much. Not really trying to be a collector, but as a dad I tend to buy stuff I think I will have time to play, but it never seems to happen. I would suspect that in the long run there will not be as large of a price gap between sealed and open copies because for those games because so many people kept them sealed and they are rare to start with (before someone attacks me yes the sealed ones will always be worth more). If At no surge pops up for under $10 on a PSN sale I will probably go that route.

Did you get a copy of Epic Mickey with an ESRB from Mexico? If so where did you get it? I did not know it existed until a few months ago. Not really going for a Vita set, but I am a Disney fan so I would kind of like to get that one especially since you can't even buy it on the North American PSN.
I don't have epic Mickey. Not sure I want to count it since it is Mexico only. I do travel there for work though, so I am casually keeping an eye out for it.

Ar no Surge is the next game I will pick up, but I'm not sure when I'll do that. The amount of limited run releases each month takes up most of my game budget until I get Christmas paid off.

Speaking of Yomawari, does anyone know if the one from best buy includes htol#NiQ? The product description doesn't mention anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't have epic Mickey. Not sure I want to count it since it is Mexico only. I do travel there for work though, so I am casually keeping an eye out for it.

Ar no Surge is the next game I will pick up, but I'm not sure when I'll do that. The amount of limited run releases each month takes up most of my game budget until I get Christmas paid off.
Really? I own a copy physical copy of because it came with my Vita (It was a bundle down here). Didn't know it was kinda rare.

The limited version comes with htol#NiQ
I think all versions come with htol#NiQ. I know amazon has the standard version listed (with the same cover as Best Buy's), and it includes htol#NiQ: https://www.amazon.com/Yomawari-Night-Alone-Firefly-PlayStation-Standard/dp/B01FWKKVVK

And this blog post seems to indicate all versions have it:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/26/yomawari-night-alone-comes-to-ps-vita-october-25/

The limited also comes with the artbook and soundtrack, but I think all versions have the same game card with both games.

When Exist Archive kept dropping (after I bought it) I asked for a partial refund and received it, but when Superdimension Neptune dropped they said "we don’t offer post-purchase adjustments." Is Amazon CS this inconsistent or is it maybe I'm taking advantage of them?

When Exist Archive kept dropping (after I bought it) I asked for a partial refund and received it, but when Superdimension Neptune dropped they said "we don’t offer post-purchase adjustments." Is Amazon CS this inconsistent or is it maybe I'm taking advantage of them?
I wouldn't keep doing that if i were you if its only for a few cents or dollars its not worth it. Amazon will prolly flag your account if contacted to many times about obtaining refunds. Been to many storys on that lol.

I have the opportunity to get a preowned 32 gb Vita memory card at the GameStop store down the street from me for $38 after PUR discount and using a $25 off one preowned item certificate. Is this a good deal?

Double dipping of PS Vita news from Twitter today. The shock is an update from... Sekai Project.:

https://twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/813883604472360961

And a nice update from LRG concerning their own in house operations moving forward.:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/813879006311415808

Heavy Arms had stated that the Eng versions of Vita Digimon Story, Sword Art Hollow Fragment (English text cover) and Mobile Suit Extreme [had] already stop printing in Physical here.

They got rid of the price adjustment thing either last year or earlier this year I believe. So you probably just got lucky with someone who didn't know about it.

I have the opportunity to get a preowned 32 gb Vita memory card at the GameStop store down the street from me for $38 after PUR discount and using a $25 off one preowned item certificate. Is this a good deal?
Ultimately good deals on memory cards are hard to get. IF there is nothing you want with that $25 off coupon, I'd think that's a solid way to burn it. There's nothing wrong with the 32gb cards or anything.

For me, it was better to just pay over on Amazon and get a new 64gb card. I don't have to think about vita memory or worry about buying physical games if a game is cheap enough digitally. This made it a lot easier to just focus on buying physical games I actually want to own.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut goes up for sale at Limited Run Games next Friday morning!
I played the game already on vita thanks to it being free on PS+ back in March 2014... and I didn't find it that fun. This will be an easy one for me to pass up.

If it's possible, you should really just focus on getting a 64gb card; that will allow you to have a large number of games available whenever you want. I paid about $83 for mine over a year ago, it was well worth it. The 32gb is also a great option, but if you buy a lot of digital Vita games, it won't hold a whole lot.

I went with a 32gb from GameStop with cyber Monday certs as well. I don't typically play games simultaneously so it's prob overkill but a nice to have
It's really only an issue with the bigger game releases. When I was just using an 8gb card I had about 3 regular retail games on it and maybe 40 other games between the PS1/PSP/Minis and digital only games.

32gb is plenty if you manage it. I only upgraded from my 8 because my digital library was so big and I had to pass up installing some of the bigger games because I wasn't willing to sacrifice the smaller ones.

It's really only an issue with the bigger game releases. When I was just using an 8gb card I had about 3 regular retail games on it and maybe 40 other games between the PS1/PSP/Minis and digital only games.

32gb is plenty if you manage it. I only upgraded from my 8 because my digital library was so big and I had to pass up installing some of the bigger games because I wasn't willing to sacrifice the smaller ones.
I have a 32 GB in my vita and a 16 GB in my PS TV, and I always find myself having to choose games to delete whenever I want to install something new. Just yesterday, I went through games and had to delete one to install World of Final Fantasy (or, more precisely, the patch, DLC, and English voices for the physical version). Last week, I had to do the same thing (delete a full game) on my PS TV to install the patch and high quality audio DLC for the physical version of Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni.

Maybe I have a lot of games with PS+, stuff I've bought, and physical games, but I certainly only have a very small portion of my games installed on each system (pretty much stuff I'm playing at the moment, play from time to time, or am planning on playing next), and even with the bigger memory cards, I find dealing with the memory on both systems to be similar to the annoyance of juggling the memory on my 160 GB ps3, just on a smaller scale.

Unless you're buying a ton of games and need them all installed, there's no need for a 64gb.  That extra money could buy you another 2+ games.   But it seems like I'm the only person on the site that thinks this way. 

Picked up Shiren or Steins Gate 0 Which one should I play first?
I just got Shiren and have been playing it alot, it's great! The only other one I played was on DS years ago. I have Steins Gate in the backlog, but I'm sure you can finish it quicker than Shiren.

I don't play 8 games at once so a 16 gb card has been fine for me. I wouldn't turn down a 32gb but there isn't any reason for me to buy it. 

I checked the exchange rate on Amazon Japan, and it doesn't actually provide much in the way of a deal for Vita memory cards. It's probably still cheaper than buying them from the US site, but you would have to drop some serious yen for that memory. I'm thinking there is still a decent demand for Vita memory cards in Japan, so the price hasn't dropped as much as you'd hope.

I make do with 16 GB cards that I acquired on sale. I also have several 8 GB and 4 GB cards that I was able to get on clearance for a song. The biggest problem with them is that they are so bloody small that you can't hope to label them at all. So if you want a physical reminder of what's on each card, that's up to you to manage. And if you're installing smaller, indie titles on these things, those lists can get pretty long. I think this more than anything else is why some users prefer to get the bigger cards and keep everything on just one. Less organizational hassle.

i like the 64 GB cards. so when the day comes severs go off line for vita game downloads i will have most my stuff i bought on the card.
That's definitely a risk considering 64GB cards are more prone to getting corrupted than 32GB or smaller capacities.

I checked the exchange rate on Amazon Japan, and it doesn't actually provide much in the way of a deal for Vita memory cards. It's probably still cheaper than buying them from the US site, but you would have to drop some serious yen for that memory. I'm thinking there is still a decent demand for Vita memory cards in Japan, so the price hasn't dropped as much as you'd hope.

I make do with 16 GB cards that I acquired on sale. I also have several 8 GB and 4 GB cards that I was able to get on clearance for a song. The biggest problem with them is that they are so bloody small that you can't hope to label them at all. So if you want a physical reminder of what's on each card, that's up to you to manage. And if you're installing smaller, indie titles on these things, those lists can get pretty long. I think this more than anything else is why some users prefer to get the bigger cards and keep everything on just one. Less organizational hassle.
I got my 64gb card from amazon. I think mine was the asia package version... though I may be mistaken.

As for the 16gb cards. I added it up and even with the $20 deals in the past at GS (I never saw them at that price, let alone the walmart clearance price)... it worked out to $80+tax to get 64gb and the annoyance of changing cards... so it made more sense to me to not wait around hoping for another sale and just pony up approximately the same cash and get the bigger card.

The main reason wanted the bigger card is Final Fantasy. If you want X & X-2 ... I think they are ~3.5gb each! I wanted to have both of them installed and a plethora of other cards. I also wanted the option to possibly have Borderlands 2 installed with it's content... that won't even fit on a 4gb card. Thankfully there are a lot of 1->2gb games and most of the older stuff is pretty tiny.

i like the 64 GB cards. so when the day comes severs go off line for vita game downloads i will have most my stuff i bought on the card.
I think that is a better reason to have a PS3 with a 1tb harddrive. Download everything to it and treat it like your Vita vault. Then it doesn't matter what size card you have other than it being 8gb or bigger if you ever intend on playing borderlands 2.

Be careful with the 64gb cards... I had one that I filled up to about 40 GB and it got corrupted.  This was only after a month or two of use (I bought it brand new). 

As a side note, does anyone now if formatting the card will fix the corruption issue?  I formatted mine but haven't used it since.

Be careful with the 64gb cards... I had one that I filled up to about 40 GB and it got corrupted. This was only after a month or two of use (I bought it brand new).

As a side note, does anyone now if formatting the card will fix the corruption issue? I formatted mine but haven't used it since.
I had the same thing happen to my 64gb card. I bought it new as well. The card suddenly wouldn't allow me to add any more games (was almost full), and when I checked the space remaining in Settings, the system didn't recognize the card. I did reformat the card, and it's been fine since.

However I now no longer leave the Vita in sleep mode and I rarely leave games suspended. I always just shut it down when not in use. I think this will help prevent a future failure, so far it's been working OK (that happened well over a year ago). There does seem to be an issue with the 64gb cards, I wish Sony would acknowledge that and replace these cards, or determine what is causing them to fail on occasion.

bread's done
Back