PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing Runner3 on the Switch and just heard it's coming out for ps4 and xbox so this generation is about ports and not exclusives anymore. Many Switch games are being ported to ps4 and xbox now it seems. What are some good cheap Vita games that were released in the last year that they can recommend. I have most vita games from 2017 and earlier.
Runner 3 was only ever a timed console exclusive on Switch.

Are the 64GB vita memory cards really have that high of a fail rate? I currently have a 16gb and it's so small for all the games I have. Been really wanting a 64gb but been reading horrible things. Is the issue blown out of proportion or should I be safe and get a 32? I found a 64 for $60 on OfferUp. And it's 90 right now from GS with elite.

Are the 64GB vita memory cards really have that high of a fail rate? I currently have a 16gb and it's so small for all the games I have. Been really wanting a 64gb but been reading horrible things. Is the issue blown out of proportion or should I be safe and get a 32? I found a 64 for $60 on OfferUp. And it's 90 right now from GS with elite.
Well, it's like anything, as the "issues" are always the loudest crowd, as no one is going to come here and praise how well their card works under normal conditions. Those who have problems, are going to be the ones you hear from most often, as that's how a situation like this works.

I personally have had my 64GB card from the start, and I've had ZERO issues, and I've had some pretty heavy usages during that time as well. Now for the record, I've only back it up a few times, and that was done by using my PS3. As the memory manager for the PC never worked for me. I also have never used my Vita in any other region, or swapped my card for any reason(outside of upgrades of course). I started out with an 8 or 16GB card, and I only changed cards when I upgraded to a larger size, which I believe I did just 3 times total. Thats when I would back it up, and then transfer.

So besides having all my settings reset each time(huge pain in the ass BTW), it worked each time. Years ago, Sony had an issue where PSN connectivity with the Vita was beyond problematic, as staying connected, or downloading games was a HUGE issue. It wasn't until after a long time did they even acknowledge a problem, and even when they did, it was downplayed greatly. I always thought if my card was going to fail, it would have been during that period, as it could take hours or days to finally download a game or demo, as PSN would not play nice.

So I have heard from several regulars here that their 64GB cards have had issues, but I don't know that I would say it's a major issue, but it could be.

I've had a 64gb for several years, no problems. I was hoping to get more use out of my SD2Vita, but Sony continues to protect the thing they care the least about...

I've had a 64gb for several years, no problems. I was hoping to get more use out of my SD2Vita, but Sony continues to protect the thing they care the least about...
Yeah, Sony sucks to say the least(in regards to Vita anyways), and I've actually been wanting to go down that road, but I've been waiting for them to completely get the hell out of the way. LOL

Instead, it's like their trying to win a race, when the track, spectators, and prizes where already given out and closed down years ago, and yet their still running. At this point, it would be better business to let everyone have at it, and look forward to some new system buys. Of course since they no longer make systems in the West, that would probably not work out to well, but I can't imaging paying engineers to keep CB'ing this situation is helping them in any way, shape or form(financially speaking of course).

When I started reading about the 64gb card failure issue I just assumed it was fairly isolated, and the people complaining about it just were a small minority who had bad luck. My three 64 gb cards had never failed and were working fine. Well, two of them have now failed completely. My final one is still working, but I learned the hard way to definitely back up my saves when it comes to the Vita. I also got several 32 gb cards since I am not going to test fate and buy any more 64 gb cards.

When I started reading about the 64gb card failure issue I just assumed it was fairly isolated, and the people complaining about it just were a small minority who had bad luck. My three 64 gb cards had never failed and were working fine. Well, two of them have now failed completely. My final one is still working, but I learned the hard way to definitely back up my saves when it comes to the Vita. I also got several 32 gb cards since I am not going to test fate and buy any more 64 gb cards.
Did you notice any warning signs, or did one day they just stopped working? I always try and get as much info as possible from those who have had issues, so I can be on the look out for problems with mine(if and when they happen of course).

I should mention that 32 GB cards usually have more than enough room, unless you're downloading a massive amount of stuff. I've got about 15 digital PSP/PS1 games, two or three digital Vita games, and a ton of physical Vita games installed on mine. I still have over 10 GBs of free space.

I should mention that 32 GB cards usually have more than enough room, unless you're downloading a massive amount of stuff. I've got about 15 digital PSP/PS1 games, two or three digital Vita games, and a ton of physical Vita games installed on mine. I still have over 10 GBs of free space.
Yeah, my 64GB card was pretty much filled up shortly after I bought it, those damn Flash Sales! LOL

Did you notice any warning signs, or did one day they just stopped working? I always try and get as much info as possible from those who have had issues, so I can be on the look out for problems with mine(if and when they happen of course).
None whatsoever. Just stopped working. Tried all sorts of stuff to try to bring them back to life.

Received Devious Dungeon in the mail today from Play Asia. It didn't have a sticker with it. Did they not send out a game-specific sticker with this title?

You guys notice how expensive the Playstation TV has gotten lately? It's gone from clearance priced dud to $100+ eBay treasure in just a couple of years. Almost makes me wish I had purchased more of them when Wal-Mart was clearing them out.

You guys notice how expensive the Playstation TV has gotten lately? It's gone from clearance priced dud to $100+ eBay treasure in just a couple of years. Almost makes me wish I had purchased more of them when Wal-Mart was clearing them out.
This has happened so many times over the years, I have lost count. I bought a PSTV for $20 I think on close out, never used it, and sold it for maybe $50 6 months later. Back when the Virtual Boy was on clearance, target had a pyramid of them for like $20 a pop, holy shit I could have cleaned up. Back then I would maybe buy maybe one extra of something just to have, as flipping never played in to my mind at the time.

When Earthbound bombed in the US, BB had a similar close out for around $20, give or take. I grabbed one, as it was a deluxe set that had the big box and guide included. I guess NoA thought it was going to be a big title, as they went all out, only to have them on clearance for almost nothing. Every once in awhile now, I may catch a deal like that, but it's beyond rare now. Back then it was the norm(damn I miss those days). LOL

Yeah, I considered buying up 10-20 of them at $20 as an investment. But that seemed a bit silly. So I just bought two to preserve. :cry:

Truthfully, I found a few of them at Walmart back at that time and they never seemed to get cheaper than $50 when they were supposed to be $20.

Yeah, I considered buying up 10-20 of them at $20 as an investment. But that seemed a bit silly. So I just bought two to preserve. :cry:

Truthfully, I found a few of them at Walmart back at that time and they never seemed to get cheaper than $50 when they were supposed to be $20.
The best time to get in on them was when Toys R Us had them on clearance for $18-$20 (both the PSTV by itself and the Lego Movie bundle w/ the Dual Shock 3 controller).

anyone on here got any recommendations for an accessory that turns the back screen into L2 R2 buttons? I believe they had a good one going on Kickstarter at one point. for psv 1000

Picked up Hyperdimenaion Neptunia Rebirth 1 and 2 before the sale ended, and could not download 2 because I filled up my 2nd 32 GB memory card. Need to get another 32 before prices start going up.

64 GB card feedback update:

Ok, so an update on my card since feedback was sort of requested.  I had one hiccup with my card so far (previously noted in this thread) where something corrupted and icons started disappearing.  There was an issue with PSN at the time where it was connecting too often and for some people it affected their battery life.  I didn't have issues from that but just setting the timeframe.  I did try to recover it but in the end I opted to just format and start over since most of my saves were in the PSN cloud anyway.  I do leave my vita in sleep mode all the time and I understand that might put me at more risk but I've had only the one issue.    I have had my 64gb card since early July 2016 and it hasn't left my vita (2000 model) since I got it.  So over 2 years and only the one issue which could have been because of Sony and the bad errors in the updates at the time.

Before I bought my card I did a lot of research due to the the people with issues with their 64gb cards.  My research turned up that the Asia version of the card (which I confirmed in my Amazon purchase history as I typed this post) has far fewer issues and that most of the complaints surrounded the japanese version.   So if you want the best chance at a good 64gb card, look for PCH-Z641G when shopping.

PlayStation Vita Memory Card 64GB (PCH-Z641G)

In the case of physical vita I'm at like 130 now. I just picked up a mint copy of Period Cube (The one time Gamestop actually pulls through). I really hope my Ninja Gaiden, Toukiden K/2 come with a case.
I wish you luck with that. I ordered 8 Vita games from Gamestop during one of their previous sales and only one game came with an actual case and cover art. The other 7 arrived with generic Gamestop black case and half of those were cracked and broken. I just ended up getting some spare cases and reprinted cover art.

I for one rarely ever open cards or random other things that come with some games. Heck I think my copy of Lunar 2 Eternal Blue still has those standees sealed lol. I did open up the skill cards for Dragon's Crown Pro...and realized why I don't do that anymore.

I wish you luck with that. I ordered 8 Vita games from Gamestop during one of their previous sales and only one game came with an actual case and cover art. The other 7 arrived with generic Gamestop black case and half of those were cracked and broken. I just ended up getting some spare cases and reprinted cover art.
I'm assuming that the Sigma 1 will come loose since how old it is. I ordered Nonary games and got it mint strange enough.

I'm assuming that the Sigma 1 will come loose since how old it is. I ordered Nonary games and got it mint strange enough.
Sadly, GS is all over the map when it comes to used, as they offer opened items as new, and often times offer new items as used(due to close outs, etc). Some stores actually throw out cases and sleeves, to make room for "junk" that isn't games, but yet this is a games store(supposedly). This place really is bizzaro world, as you never know what they will do next in their mad scheme of "Power to the Players".

This PS1 classic should have been a PSTV shaped like a PS1 console with the inclusion of 20 PS1 games. They would have been helping support the mostly dead console and using perfectly capable, existing hardware. While offering features like bluetooth, Vita games and expandability. Missed opportunity.

Sadly, GS is all over the map when it comes to used, as they offer opened items as new, and often times offer new items as used(due to close outs, etc). Some stores actually throw out cases and sleeves, to make room for "junk" that isn't games, but yet this is a games store(supposedly). This place really is bizzaro world, as you never know what they will do next in their mad scheme of "Power to the Players".
Don't forget that they are also a game store that will hide a entire consoles worth of games in the back room to open up space for geeky junk...er....collectibles

Don't forget that they are also a game store that will hide a entire consoles worth of games in the back room to open up space for geeky junk...er....collectibles
Yeah, my nearest store did that for the Vita games awhile back, and at that point I stopped buying used from that store. So now I need to ask for a list, and then from the list, I need to ask what's complete, or what's not. Those games while on display, probably took up less than 1% of the stores visible areas, but throwing them in the back or a drawer, and then having to jump through hoops is so much better now. LOL

This PS1 classic should have been a PSTV shaped like a PS1 console with the inclusion of 20 PS1 games. They would have been helping support the mostly dead console and using perfectly capable, existing hardware. While offering features like bluetooth, Vita games and expandability. Missed opportunity.
Yeah, I was thinking about the PSTV as well. The only issue is either making a cart and calling it PS1 Classics and bundling it with the system or upping the internal memory to 16gb so all of those games could be downloaded via a voucher.

As is, this was the easiest classic system for me to pass on so far. My PSTV already has all (I'm fairly positive) of the games on it mentioned thus far and I've got the Dual Shock 3 bundles so wireless controls and analog sticks for racing games that support them.

The PS1 Classic's primary competition is other "classic" systems like the NES and SNES. That's the bar that Sony has to shoot for. Nostalgia-focused support for a collectible mini-console with limited functionality. If the production values on the shell are decent, and the emulation doesn't completely bungle it, it will review and sell fine. Given how much experience Sony has with emulating the PS1, I wouldn't be worried.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a bunch of modern bells and whistles, but that really isn't the point of these classic consoles. If you want a premium experience, you have to pay premium prices. Here's hoping Analogue gives us the option at some point.

The PS1 Classic's primary competition is other "classic" systems like the NES and SNES. That's the bar that Sony has to shoot for. Nostalgia-focused support for a collectible mini-console with limited functionality. If the production values on the shell are decent, and the emulation doesn't completely bungle it, it will review and sell fine. Given how much experience Sony has with emulating the PS1, I wouldn't be worried.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a bunch of modern bells and whistles, but that really isn't the point of these classic consoles. If you want a premium experience, you have to pay premium prices. Here's hoping Analogue gives us the option at some point.
yeah i have passed on all the cash grabs since i have bought all those releases on other consoles before, would be better especially for nintendo users if nintendo recognize a universal system and let purchases be downloaded for the other systems, well i am going to get the neo geo mini since besides more games, they and snk have been suspect about ever releasing a new system especially with the neo geo x failure despite its potential as a portable/stand alone system

IMO it is a modified pstv, probably with soldered memory where games reside and a modified vitaOS. The vita is close to end of life, too many issues plus you need to try to lock down the mini so that publishers of one of the 20 games take your deal.

Did punchline get delayed? My amazon order (admittedly made at the end of august) says the release date is 10/30/18 instead of next week. Kinda weird truth be told

Did punchline get delayed? My amazon order (admittedly made at the end of august) says the release date is 10/30/18 instead of next week. Kinda weird truth be told
I noticed that too, and Gamestop lists both versions releasing on October 9th. Also checking PQube's twitter account doesn't say anything about the game's release date changing.

It will be interesting to see what Sony does from this point. The Japanese favor portables so I cant see them giving up that segment of the market. I imagine a PS4 parred down to the Switch design will pop up sometime.

It will be interesting to see what Sony does from this point. The Japanese favor portables so I cant see them giving up that segment of the market. I imagine a PS4 parred down to the Switch design will pop up sometime.
I can see them doing something like the switch for the ps5 possibly. But I guess one has to realize that Sony is really focusing on the western audiences nowadays. Which is why they don't really make a lot of japanese styled games anymore. This explains the lack of attention to the portable market. Whether this bites them in the but later on who knows. Personally I only have a ps4 because it has japanese games, which all happen to be third party titles. Most of Sony's first party titles tend to be done by their western devs and are pretty generic imo. Like gow, spider man and uncharted. I like JRPG's and action games.

But Sony doesn't seemingly care about those games, which happen to thrive on portable systems, anymore. They probably think a handheld is a waste of resources and they can maximize profit focusing on a singular system. They are probably right but it's unfortunate for us fans.

Splitting their development resources onto two platforms would make things more difficult for Sony. More likely than not, they would have to heavily favor one platform over the other, and with PS4 still selling well it's obvious which way they would lean.

Still, I think a new Sony Portable system is an idea worth pursuing. I just think the focus they should emphasize on it should be different from the past. They ought to focus on using established technology to make a portable that is focused on durability, battery life, and convenience. Bundling it with a TV dock, possibly one that could optionally plug into a PS4, would be a very good idea. But committing too many resources to a tech-focused handheld would be a big mistake. They should focus on making it lean, mean, and cheap. Processing power should be a distant second priority. Making a portable PS4 would be a horrible idea.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Sony try another handheld--at least not a real one. They might try one of those abominable streaming-only handhelds that we've heard rumors about, but would anybody actually care? A portable PS4 would be great, but it wouldn't be practical. They'd have to design it to read PS4 disks, which would make the system huge. Plus the disks are often useless anyway and require huge downloads. And that leads to the other issue with a portable PS4: storage. Including any more than about 200GB of storage would make the thing crazy expensive, and 200GB is nothing when it comes to PS4 games, so going digital only isn't really an option.

It's too bad, because Sony proved they can make great handhelds. They may not know how to market them or support them, but they know how to build them!

I can't see Sony doing another portable any time in the near future.   This Switch has pretty much picked up where the Vita left off along with the strength of Nintendo's own IP's and even pulling in cross platform releases with the PS4, X1 and PC.

I can't see Sony doing another portable any time in the near future. This Switch has pretty much picked up where the Vita left off along with the strength of Nintendo's own IP's and even pulling in cross platform releases with the PS4, X1 and PC.
I mean if Sony REALLY wanted to, couldn't they make a lower quality and less powerful PS4 to use on the go ala Switch?

bread's done
Back