PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

How they hell is everyone finding ps2 games!? All 3 near me are completely wiped out besides a bunch of Music shovelware. :/

How they hell is everyone finding ps2 games!? All 3 near me are completely wiped out besides a bunch of Music shovelware. :/
Believe me. I had to sift through hundreds of copies of The incredibles and The Golden Compass to find descent stuff. Ha ha. I think people cleaned them out the first few days of the sale being announced. And also, some gamestops got rid of their good games.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was browsing eBay and I saw a loose disc copy of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for PS2 going in a auction for $65+.

I checked GS.com and saw one is available at a store not far from me. I sent in a request for pick up just in case.

What I wanna know is the price at GS.com is $34.99. Will it be $34.99 - 75%? I mean it should right? Also anyone else know of any good investment games to take from this besides the obvious?

The price will be 75% off the lowest marked price. GS.com doesn't reflect the sale price. But don't be surprised if you get a "could not fulfill order" email.

Unless you were charged already, it'll be -75%
I didn't submit any payment information and I was thinking I'd probably end up with a could no be fufilled email but worth a shot!

Thinking of heading up there just to see whats there. My closest gamestop has some PS2 games but they are 45-60% Guitar hero 3, sports and fishing games.

Huh, I guess it is - looking on ebay, a disk-only copy sold on Monday for $35, and I don't see another one listed right now (cheapest US version listed is a complete copy for $60). I've had the LE of that one since it came out, glad I picked it up back then & hung onto it. :)
I saw a copy of it in at least one store, maybe two when I was driving all over looking for games. Crap.

Was on a business trip so I took advantage of the opportunity to poach some games from other regions.  Had some pretty good luck.

First store:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Harvey Birdman

Sims 2 Castaway

Spartan: Total Warrior

Star Wars: Clone Wars Republic Heroes

LaPussy Tactics

Persona 3 FES x2

Second Store:

Sly 2 Band of Theives

Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves

Ratchet & Clank Size Matters

Ratchet & Clank Going Commando

Star Wars Racer Revenge

Red Faction II

The Fast and the Furious

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

Third Store:

Disgaea 2

Eternal Poison

Nobunga's Ambition Iron Triangle

Shadow of the Colossus

Persona 3 FES :roll:

Fourth Store:

Star Wars Episode III

Crash of the Titans

Ape Escape 3

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Megaman X Collection

Clock Tower 3

Heavenly Guardian

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Only the first store had any games on the floor.  The first three stores were within about 2 miles of each other.  One of the employees at the fourth store didn't even know they still had PS2 games.  I figure soon employees will be instructed to start tossing these, so I'm grabbing any decent titles on hand.  Obviously I have a few copies of Persona 3 FES available.

I have an extra .Hack Mutation copy I snagged. It comes with the anime DVD too. Discs are a little beat up, but no major big scratches that would prevent it from working. I've definitely seen worse as far as used games go. I tested it and it works through to the opening few minutes of gameplay. Didn't test more than that. Anime DVD worked too. I was thinking about just keeping it, but might be willing to part with it. Can't think of anything PS2-wise I want or need right now though.

I have an extra .Hack Mutation copy I snagged. It comes with the anime DVD too. Discs are a little beat up, but no major big scratches that would prevent it from working. I've definitely seen worse as far as used games go. I tested it and it works through to the opening few minutes of gameplay. Didn't test more than that. Anime DVD worked too. I was thinking about just keeping it, but might be willing to part with it. Can't think of anything PS2-wise I want or need right now though.
how much do you want for it

Call me stupid (I've looked through the last few pages as well), but this sale only applies to in-store games, correct? Online prices remain the same with the 75% off, right?

Edit - seems that every one is reporting the same. Oh well. Really was hoping.

Call me stupid (I've looked through the last few pages as well), but this sale only applies to in-store games, correct? Online prices remain the same with the 75% off, right?

Edit - seems that every one is reporting the same. Oh well. Really was hoping.
in store only I've had some luck holding items online to be picked up in store however

Was on a business trip so I took advantage of the opportunity to poach some games from other regions. Had some pretty good luck.

First store:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Harvey Birdman

Sims 2 Castaway

Spartan: Total Warrior

Star Wars: Clone Wars Republic Heroes

LaPussy Tactics

Persona 3 FES x2

Second Store:

Sly 2 Band of Theives

Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves

Ratchet & Clank Size Matters

Ratchet & Clank Going Commando

Star Wars Racer Revenge

Red Faction II

The Fast and the Furious

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

Third Store:

Disgaea 2

Eternal Poison

Nobunga's Ambition Iron Triangle

Shadow of the Colossus

Persona 3 FES :roll:

Fourth Store:

Star Wars Episode III

Crash of the Titans

Ape Escape 3

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Megaman X Collection

Clock Tower 3

Heavenly Guardian

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Only the first store had any games on the floor. The first three stores were within about 2 miles of each other. One of the employees at the fourth store didn't even know they still had PS2 games. I figure soon employees will be instructed to start tossing these, so I'm grabbing any decent titles on hand. Obviously I have a few copies of Persona 3 FES available.
Nice finds man.

My local Gamestop got rid of all their PS2 games a few weeks ago, but I happened to be at a store near another one a few towns over and thought I would pop inside. Sure enough, they still had a small selection of PS2 titles. Nothing over $10 (excluding Ratchet & Clank Size Matters) and no RPGs or highly sought-after games. Pretty much everything were barebone discs, too. But I still grabbed few titles not currently amongst my 400+ Ps2 collection... 

Ape Escape 3 – $2.25
Devil Kings – $1.35
Need for Speed Carbon – $2.25
Need for Speed Underground – $1.35

And that was really it for the PS2.

But the PS2 games were just a small fraction of the experience. What really shocked me was that they still had Gamecube games in there. Last I remember stopping by was over the summer last year. At that point, there were NO Gamecube games. Everything they had was being clearanced in a B2G2 sale. But here they were, and probably 3-4 times as many as the remaining PS2 titles.

Apparently, the guy running the store said that he asked some corporate management person to have more Gamecube games shipped out to his store, because they had extra space for it there. He said that they’ve actually had a lot in since last August, with even more originally in sleeves up near the front counter. He also said that at one point they were removed from the floor, but there was still a cabinet filled with them in the back room.

But I had no idea.

Who would have known? All of the Gamestops I have stopped by in the area no longer have PS2 OR Gamecube games. GCN ones had been gone over a year at a minimum. The last over place in the area with any PS2 games got rid of them just after Christmas. So… I ended up picking up some games. And, much like the current PS2 clearance sale, everything was 75% off with an additional 10% on top of that for PowerUp Rewards Pro members.

18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker – $1.13
1080 Avalanche – $1.13
Bionicle Heroes – $1.57
The Incredibles – 90¢
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer – $1.35
Pac-Man World 2 – $1.35
PK: Out of the Shadows – 67¢
Robotech: Battlecry – 67¢
SSX Tricky – 67¢
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II – Rogue Leader – 67¢
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III – Rebel Strike – $1.57
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn – $1.13
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Konami) – $1.13
Ultimate Muscle: Legends Vs. New – 67¢
Vexx – 23¢
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions – 45¢

And, for the Nintendo DS, I nabbed Brain Age 2 and Picross DS for $2.69 each.

Then I stopped by a local Yankee Dollar store (which I found out will be closing soon) and picked up some of these for $1.00 a pop. Gamecube games fit them perfectly:

http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-Mini-DVD-Starter-32028203/dp/B000IOHZSI

If you bought all those games, don't forget the memory card. It's $1.75 for the Sony one, and $1.25 for the Nyko one.

Went to a Gamestop for four of those babies and formatted them so they're working great.

My local store got some ps2 games this week. Only wad able to snag dawn of mana complete for $2.xx. Happy about that.

My store ended up with a shelf full from another store today. Was able to grab Max Payne 2 and Prine of Persia both complete and near mint for less than $2 total. Mostly rest wad junk other than a disc only version of Persona 3 FES.

[quote name="Asmith906" post="11697325" timestamp="1397796150"]is the 75% thing over. My gamestop got some more ps2 games in but they wanted to charge full price[/quote]No, I bought some games today at 75% off so...

Just a heads up guys, Persona 3 FES is up online in stock and comes to $6.75 (with PUR before tax). Hopefully some of you guys can snag a copy.

The 75% thing is never over. They are liquidating.

In fact, one Gamestop manager told me a lot of stores over the country are shipping all their PS2 titles to south Texas, because that area has the highest PS2 sales in  the country. Probably because they make their way over to Mexico.

The 75% thing is never over. They are liquidating.

In fact, one Gamestop manager told me a lot of stores over the country are shipping all their PS2 titles to south Texas, because that area has the highest PS2 sales in the country. Probably because they make their way over to Mexico.
That's because that's where their headquaters and warehouse are. Those discs are gonna go through their horrible resurfacing machines... poor discs.

Persona 3 fes is STILL up for shipping. It lets me add 10 to cart so maybe thats the total number. Already bought one a couple of days ago but for those that dont have it 6.xx w/ free shipping is a great deal on it...

I'd personally rather buy it new for 15-20 than pay 6.xx for a crusty Gameslop copy.
Assuming it IS a crusty Gamestop version. Who knows, they could just be trying to get rid of overstocked inventory. I ordered a few "used" games from them in the past... even Chulip for $1.99 used (pre-discount), which was a Gamestop Exclusive... and got a sealed copy instead.

I guess only time will tell to see which one I get.

Assuming it IS a crusty Gamestop version. Who knows, they could just be trying to get rid of overstocked inventory. I ordered a few "used" games from them in the past... even Chulip for $1.99 used (pre-discount), which was a Gamestop Exclusive... and got a sealed copy instead.

I guess only time will tell to see which one I get.
Crusty copy....if you would see how many ugly crust PS2 games Gamestop had lying around!

Well as an update, the Persona 3 I ordered online was new. Missing the shrink wrap but no fingerprints on the case or disc and it came complete. As I thought, they must have just converted all the online 'new' persona 3's to used

Mine arrived the same.  There were a couple dust specs on the disc due to the natural particles in the air, but otherwise, everything was pristine.  No scratches at any.  The disc, the case, the manual, the cover art are all perfectly in tact.  The only blemish is the Gamestop inventory label on the bottom corner. 

case_zps9d3beccf.jpg

inside_zps55bb49dd.jpg

disc_zps3a0b1b16.jpg

Of course, the game is out of stock since arsenalcrazy8's previous post.  So, hopefully, those that got in early got the goods. 

So they finally put out the PS2 games for browsing recently. I went to a few stores and found a few gems but not what I really wanted, a Ratchet and Clank 1 that's less scratchy than the one I have now.  At a Gamestop that was rather persnickety about their PS2 wares, got Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Capcom Arcade Classics 2. They are pretty hard to find in my area. I did see a Fatal Frame, and a boxed copy of Boogie with Microphone (50 cents) .I also saw quite a few Lord of the Rings games with their shrink wrap.  Unless I do see a copy of Soul Calibur 2, it's all fine for now.

Wow, you must live in Kansas or something if such a rare game was sitting on shelves for that long and didn't get snatched up at earlier heavily-discounted prices.

Wow, you must live in Kansas or something if such a rare game was sitting on shelves for that long and didn't get snatched up at earlier heavily-discounted prices.
keep in mind that not all games are put out in front. I bought a baldur's gate ii last week and a tenkaichi 3 a couple months prior at different stores. both were retrieved from the back. I know the in stock locator isn't always accurate, but if your store shows in stock and it's not on the floor, it's worth asking them to check the back.

bread's done
Back