PS2 Greatest Hits List ($20 games)

waxHead, AFAIK, the only two games that have been changed as Greatest Hits are Silent Hill 2 and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, and Silent Hill 2 is the only one with something new to offer.

If you wanna be REALLY picky, Final Fantasy X is "Square Enix" now instead of just Square, I dunno if they actually bothered changing any screens in the game to reflect it.

Ecks is indeed right at Silent Hill 2 is the only GH game in which the content of the actual game was changed....Changes on all other games have been purely superficial

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Ecks is indeed right at Silent Hill 2 is the only GH game in which the content of the actual game was changed....Changes on all other games have been purely superficial[/quote]

thanks Ecks and suprsaiyanMAX, I appreciate the info. I'll look for the GH Silent Hill 2, and not sweat the GH versions of other games, unless I decide to pick up Crash Bandicoot ;)

Here is a summary of Greatest Hits additions throughout the thread so far that haven't been added to the main list:

007 Nightfire
Devil May Cry 2
Dragonball Z: Budokai
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Namco Museum
Onimusha 2
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
The Getaway
The Sims
WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth
Xenosaga

It really is a small percentage of total PS2 titles, last I heard there are about 900 North American PlayStation 2 games released so far. Yes, NINE HUNDRED!!!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']hey guys target has ffx marked as a greatest hit for 19.99. If you didn't know. what for it...hold.. yA MEAN![/quote]
what the fuck

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='Mr_hockey66']hey guys target has ffx marked as a greatest hit for 19.99. If you didn't know. what for it...hold.. yA MEAN![/quote]
what the fuck[/quote]

I dunno - FFX is right on the list on the first page.

Need to get CheapyD to update. :)

Street Fighter EX 3 is on the Greatest Hits. I think Robotech Battlecry is also or just cheap.

[quote name='scorpion990'][quote name='video_gamer324']Could someone please update the list? It's pretty lacking. Here's something I found which looks like it has pretty much all of the GH titles to date.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ps2_greatest_hits.txt[/quote]

I'm glad you like it. That FAQ was made by me.. :)[/quote]

It's good to see that someone goes through the trouble of keeping an updated list of all the GH titles for PS2, and very cool that they're a member here. Thanks for the FAQ!

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='scorpion990'][quote name='video_gamer324']Could someone please update the list? It's pretty lacking. Here's something I found which looks like it has pretty much all of the GH titles to date.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ps2_greatest_hits.txt[/quote]

I'm glad you like it. That FAQ was made by me.. :)[/quote]

It's good to see that someone goes through the trouble of keeping an updated list of all the GH titles for PS2, and very cool that they're a member here. Thanks for the FAQ![/quote]

You can't link to a FAQ directly.

BTW SF EX 3 and Robotech are not GH's.

SF EX 3 really blows when it comes to single player you can't really pick out your own team. The character edit and trial missions give a bit replay but other than that, get some friends together and its pretty fun. Also it's the only current 3d SF with the tag teaming function.

Soul Calibre 2 is now a GH game. At least the GH case has started appearing, most etailers still have it for $40. (also a PH and PC game)

[quote name='joe50000']As a side note, i hate the GH concept. There are tons of games that sell well past 400,000 and are over 9 months old, but are still full-price. The GH moniker is just a cover for "games that cost too much to make and whose sales are lagging so we have to recoup our losses somehow". For example, FFX sold well over 400,000 and came out in 2001, but it's STILL $40!!![/quote]
and? halo still isn't a platinum hit and it was a launch title

the whole GH and PH lines are just to lower prices at every store on games and re-release them to try to sell games. halo won't become one until it gets off the xbox top ten for a while(it's been on since month one) and halo 2 comes out, when it stops selling a ton at 30 bucks then it will go platnuim

[quote name='smalien1']Do you think there has ever been someone stupid enough to buy the GH when they all ready had the original?[/quote]

yea well Silent Hill 2 GH had a few extras with enhanced graphics and different playable character. Or unless an old copy is no longer working, people end up buying the GH's version. Afterall it's just a label...

[quote name='visuatrox']Is Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven a Greatest Hits title? I'm about to order it online, and I really don't want to end up with the GH version?.

The game is not on any Greatest hits lists I have seen, but some sites have it up with a greatest hits cover!?

click to view cover:
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/shopping/1792145/amgsg18649kou2r.jpg?rm_____DO34KUxUs[/quote]

Thats the first time I have ever seen that. I was sure it wasnt a GH, but I could be wrong. I dont think you would end up getting a GH cover copy if you ordered it.

[quote name='moe11888'][quote name='visuatrox']Is Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven a Greatest Hits title? I'm about to order it online, and I really don't want to end up with the GH version?.

The game is not on any Greatest hits lists I have seen, but some sites have it up with a greatest hits cover!?

click to view cover:
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/shopping/1792145/amgsg18649kou2r.jpg?rm_____DO34KUxUs[/quote]

Thats the first time I have ever seen that. I was sure it wasnt a GH, but I could be wrong. I dont think you would end up getting a GH cover copy if you ordered it.[/quote]

Holy #$%^! I've been waiting for a price drop on that title for ages. I certainly hope that it's true because I'm tired of waiting.

I ordered the title a while back from cd-universe, I should recieve it any day now. I hope it will still be the original version :). I think if the game has not gone GH yet, it will be soon (considering the price has been dropped).

I was at my local BB on Tuesday, and I saw Catwoman with a Greatest Hits sticker stuck on the package... That makes me sad...

There is no way that Catwoman is a Greatest Hit. That game hit the bargain bin in less than two months. Somebody was just having some fun there.

Why won't Dark Cloud 2 make GH? To me it looks like it's a sure bet and I've seen that recently a lot of places have discounted it to 19.99.

I'm waiting for Dark Cloud 2 to hit $10-15 before I get it. I know I'll probably never get around to playing it so I don't want to waste too much money.

bread's done
Back