PS2 Greatest Hits List ($20 games)

I got the first Dark Cloud for $10 GH by a typo at Blockbuster right when it became GH. I enjoyed it fairly much for that price. I don't think I would have paid more for it.

I'm just looking now at the 2004 EB Games Hoiday Gift Guide and it lists KillSwitch as having become GH. I didn't think this game sold enough to be considered GH but whatever. The guide also has Pacman Fever listed as a GH game. This too I cannot believe since I also didn't think it sold enough.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The guide also has Pacman Fever listed as a GH game. This too I cannot believe since I also didn't think it sold enough.[/quote]

Tomb Raider AOD became a GH title, and you'd think judging by how crappy that game was, that it wouldn't have met the requirements either. :roll:

I spotted Final Fantasy X-2 as GH yesterday at either Target or Walmart. I expected it any time due to the price drops seemingly everywhere, and it has happened.

[quote name='Scorch']what the..

Finding Nemo? Freekstyle?

Welp, there goes the GH credibility.[/quote]

Where have you been? Those have been GH for a long time. I mean its cool that youre shocked but everyone knows those are GH.

[quote name='PS2 the max'][quote name='Scorch']what the..

Finding Nemo? Freekstyle?

Welp, there goes the GH credibility.[/quote]

Where have you been? Those have been GH for a long time. I mean its cool that youre shocked but everyone knows those are GH.[/quote]

given the definition of everyone...apparantly everyone didn't know

State of Emergency (Rockstar) ?????

This was not a greatest hit. It was a disaster of a game. Rockstar even admitted it. Why does the Greastest Hits list titles that weren't Greatest Hits. Where is Prince of Persia? That game was amazing, sold like crazy, and has a sequel coming out.

What the deal?

[quote name='diggityjones']Where is Prince of Persia? That game was amazing, sold like crazy, and has a sequel coming out.[/quote]

It has a forthcoming sequel, but it certainly didn't sell like crazy for any of the consoles. PoP, much like BG&E, was mostly ignored last winter.

GH doesn't necessarily mean a game that is critically acclaimed. It just has to sell over a certain number to be considered one.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']GH doesn't necessarily mean a game that is critically acclaimed. It just has to sell over a certain number to be considered one.[/quote]

400,000 copies and have been available for at least 8 months to be exact.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='SteveMcQ']GH doesn't necessarily mean a game that is critically acclaimed. It just has to sell over a certain number to be considered one.[/quote]

400,000 copies and have been available for at least 8 months to be exact.[/quote]

I was just going to say that.

Oh and Scorch, Freekstyle wasn't that bad of a motox game IMO. I found it to be pretty fun as do I find most of the EABig games (SSX,NBA Street,NFL Street, Shox, Sled Storm, Def Jam Vendetta, etc.)

This will probably be old news to some of you, but Need For Speed Underground is now available in the GH variation. Saw a bunch of GH copies at Best Buy last night.

I think that POP has been picking up steam -- besides, it won;t be the first time rules were broken for GH games.

The most recent Medal of Honor (Pacific Assault?) is also a GH now.

I think Rising Sun, NFL Street, DMC2, and Fight Night '04 are the newest ones.. DMC2 may not be new in the GH lineup, but i've never seen it in the GH packaging.

[quote name='Scorch']I think Rising Sun, NFL Street, DMC2, and Fight Night '04 are the newest ones.. DMC2 may not be new in the GH lineup, but i've never seen it in the GH packaging.[/quote]

It's almost not even worth saying anything. It never get's updated.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']It never get's updated.[/quote]

unless you ask nicley =o)

here are the games i found on a sony website that were lacking from the OP. please let me know if there are any problems with these games.

ATV Offroad Fury™ 2
Cabela's® Big Game Hunter®
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Conflict: Desert Storm
Crash Nitro Kart
Dead to Rights™
Def Jam Vendetta
Dragonball Z: Budokai 2
Dynasty Warriors® 4: Empires
Enter the Matrix
Fight Night 2004
Finding Nemo
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter™: Quidditch™ World Cup
The Hulk
kill.switch
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Manhunt
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Midnight Club II
MX Unleashed
NBA Street Vol. 2
Need for Speed Underground
NFL Street
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Sims Bustin' Out
Soul Calibur® II
SSX 3
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Tak and the Power of Juju™
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
Tony Hawk's Underground
True Crime™ Streets of LA™
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain

im gunna wait for a little feedback before i update, but just let me know if theres games ive missed, or games that dont belong on the list.

I was bored this morning and decided to make a site with a list of greatest hits, platinum hits, and players choice games. I know that I dont have all the games on my lists, but I just did it quickly. I will work on it later this week probably. If you guys have any ideas on how to make the site better, it would be great. And I still havent decided on a name for the site, so any names you guys have would be great.

Heres the link to the site: www.mmmg.g3z.com

[quote name='moe11888']I was bored this morning and decided to make a site with a list of greatest hits, platinum hits, and players choice games. I know that I dont have all the games on my lists, but I just did it quickly. I will work on it later this week probably. If you guys have any ideas on how to make the site better, it would be great. And I still havent decided on a name for the site, so any names you guys have would be great.

Heres the link to the site: www.mmmg.g3z.com[/quote]

The site looks good.

According to playstation.com, Spider-Man 2 and RE: Outbreak are now GH.

[quote name='punqsux']
Dynasty Warriors® 4: Empires
kill.switch
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
.[/QUOTE]

Are these seriously greatest hits games?

I mean, none of the Dynasty Warriors games have EVER gone GH, so it seems weird that a DW 4 spinoff type deal would be the first to break through. And kill.switch? Wasn't this game super cheap (5 dollars or so) everywhere for a long time? Maybe so many people bought it that it went GH lol.

And I can't believe the new Tomb Raider is on there... I remember reading sales were wayyyy below expectations so they fired the old team and put Crystal Dynamics on the new one.

I've never seen any of these three games in GH packaging ever, either.

[quote name='Roufuss']Are these seriously greatest hits games?

I mean, none of the Dynasty Warriors games have EVER gone GH, so it seems weird that a DW 4 spinoff type deal would be the first to break through. And kill.switch? Wasn't this game super cheap (5 dollars or so) everywhere for a long time? Maybe so many people bought it that it went GH lol.

And I can't believe the new Tomb Raider is on there... I remember reading sales were wayyyy below expectations so they fired the old team and put Crystal Dynamics on the new one.

I've never seen any of these three games in GH packaging ever, either.[/QUOTE]

Dynasty Warriors 4 is definitely a GH (the "regular" one). I have seen this with GH packaging. I would doubt Empires is though. As far as the others go, I have never seen these in GH packaging.

Looks like based on some advertisements in gaming magazines and the price at Target over the past few weeks that Burnout 3 will soon be a GH.

[quote name='jlarlee']timely thread witht he upcoming two GH for $25 coming up at Circuit City[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's been a sticky for a while. But yeah, it comes in handy.

[quote name='cheezhead430']when's that 2 for $25 at CC?[/QUOTE]

it is tomorrow and monday. They are open for 12 hours on Monday from 9 to 9

Both of these have been confirmed elsewhere on CAG, but not here:

-Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

-Burnout 3: Takedown. Also, there's an ad in the latest OPM promoting the $19.99 price drop, and it shows the box in GH packaging.

[quote name='Trakan']The site looks good.

According to playstation.com, Spider-Man 2 and RE: Outbreak are now GH.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget ffx-2 is GH now... I saw it the same price as ffx brand new without GH label.

[quote name='adrianchan56']Don't forget ffx-2 is GH now... I saw it the same price as ffx brand new without GH label.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. AFAIK, it's been GH for a while now. Since last year maybe even.

I picked up Star Ocean Till the End of Time from BB for $10 (GH) with coupon and it worried me why the manual was on the outside back of the box sealed, I wondered if there wouldn't be room in the case for it since it's a 2 DVD game. For some odd reason they didn't put it in the normal manual place holder when it fits in there nicely.

that list on sony's website has to be wrong
nfsu2 can't be a greatest hit already plus the list doesn't even have some of the games featured in the best buy ad with greatest hits packaging

[quote name='cheezhead430']that list on sony's website has to be wrong
nfsu2 can't be a greatest hit already plus the list doesn't even have some of the games featured in the best buy ad with greatest hits packaging[/QUOTE]

NFSU 2 has been out 8 months, and has probably sold 400k at this point.

And all the games in the Best Buy ad are on the greatest hits list.

Call of Duty: Finest Hour is apparently a GH as well.

bread's done
Back