PS3 DUAL SHOCK 3 - SILVER color @ RadioShack IN-STORE ONLY $24.97

Picked up the final two at the closest RS to me. They actually had a clearance sticker listing the lower price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's because some folks don't treat their controllers very well and just beat on them relentlessly. As for me, I not only already have two Dual Shock 3's sealed as replacements(from those game/controller bundles last year), but I also have 2-3 of those Rocketfish Bluetooth ones from Best Buy that still work after the PS3 update that bricked most third party controllers.

But with games like Dead Rising 2 and God Of War 3 where you have to hammer on the left stick to get free in certain situations, that can make the sticks a bit unresponsive after a while.
[/QUOTE]

I still own four of the original sixaxis non-rumble controllers. :)

Thanks OP

For gaffers in the South Orange County area I just got two silver controllers at foothill ranch for 24.XX each AND THEY LET ME USE THE COUPON!

They said they have 7 more in the back.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I still own four of the original sixaxis non-rumble controllers. :)[/QUOTE]
I traded in my SixAxis about 4-5 months after I got my PS3 when the Dual Shock 3 first came out, since I bought one for MSRP with cheap credit from GS.

But then when I went to trade in my 40gb to upgrade to a slim I only had the Dual Shock 3, so I ended up trading my buddies' bro-in-law for his SixAxis and gave his family my DS3 since I wasn't about to give GS a DS3 with an older model system.:razz:

But yeah, I had a third party PS1 controller that worked flawlessly on the PS2 up until I got the PS3 two years ago. I don't normally beat the piss out of controllers, but some of these games nowadays require you to flick the sticks or do quick time events very quickly that may require quickly jabbing the buttons and thus wearing them out.:cry:

That was one of my main reasons for dumping Dead Rising 2 recently, since the new super zombies in the game required not only shaking the stick left and right but also doing a QTE to escape their grasp.:roll:

just got the last one from the Lansing MI one, nice deal!! Wish it was a 360 controller though, I have to buy a new one of those every damn year.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Menlo park mall nj is a no go[/QUOTE]
Thanks man. Saved me a trip.

Wish I knew about this earlier as I just came back from the city.

Just got the last one in Ocala FL steeplechase near on top of the world community center. total was 24.25 it was 22.xx before tax.
Thanks TC just replaced my crappy Logitech precision wireless controller

which had problems with the wireless adapter what ever you plugged it into got stuck in and you would only get the casing in your hand and the chip stuck in what ever device. I had to melt the plastic together.

Wireless Logitech adapter
S3010018.jpg

Wireless Logitech adapter
S3010017-1.jpg

Final product 24.25
S3010020-2.jpg

Almost all LA & Santa Monica locations are a no go at this point. Thanks for the heads up, though!

I went to my closest Radio Shack a bit ago, only to find that they've closed the store for good since there's a new one opening in this new shopping center with WalMart in it.

So I went to that shopping center while I was in the area to do some grocery shopping and that store is largely empty, save for some display racks that aren't even set up yet.

WTF!?!?! Why close an old store before the new store is even built or occupied.

I just picked up 3 from the radioshack in Pleasant Hill, CA.
Apparently there are tons of them available in the Bay Area =p
22.87 each.
avk95g.jpg

[quote name='kumagoror']I just picked up 3 from the radioshack in Pleasant Hill, CA.
Apparently there are tons of them available in the Bay Area =p
22.87 each.
avk95g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Glad you only took what you needed!

Got the last one in Franklin, Va was $33 on the shelf and printed on the sticker, rang up as $22.87, final after tax was $24.01, receipt also has $10 off $40 coupon after answering survey, the coupon printed off here did work however, she did scan it and it did show up on the screen, but the $10 AA batteries didn't get me to $40 ()remember I originaly only need $7 to get there) after it popped only $23. I thought I would have to wait til Black Friday for a new controller, loving this site. Got home from work, read this, went 2 miles to closest RS, and now the proud pappa of a DualShock 3, and to answer the other post, they did have Black DS's on the wall too, but not discounted, only the silvers, and the did have a clearance sticker on them. Even if there is a reason for the quick phase out (reports of squeaking when using the analog sticks, but only for the silvers), it's still a fantastic deal.

I did but you'll notice that it says the controller can only be purchased in store. It has 2 seperate listings
this one for web order only: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3929428 at $54.99
and this one in-store only: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3972948 at $39.67

All the stores listed still say the in-store version is in-stock, but I just bought the last one at my clostest store, so not updated in real-time, so your best bet is just to go find out yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the last one this afternoon in Hixson, TN. They also had several White 360 controllers for $29.97. Did anybody else see these?

Just got back empty handed. I called the store that said it was in stock and asked if they had the silver Ps3 controllers and he said they had 2 left, so I told him told hold them for me. I drove there and he grabbed the 2 controllers for me and they were both black. I told him that I wanted the silver ones and reminded him that I asked for the silver ones over the phone and that he told me they were in stock. He said there was nothing he could do and the manager would be in tomorrow. I got a card and will call tomorrow. What a waste of time and gas.

BTW- He told me he had 3-4 other people calling about the silver controller as well. Why would someone call about the black one, then? See what happens tomorrow. Maybe the manager will give me a gc or something.

Scored one for $27 after tax. Not as good as the $24 that people are getting, but not complaining when it looked like I would be buying one on BF for around $35.

:roll: The Consumerist mentality on here anymore is frickin' ridiculous. "OMG They like totally wasted my time and gas because I had to drive a quarter mile in my Humvee and it took me 50 gallons of gas to get to the store. They OWE ME."

Unless you're driving an hour looking for these things how much gas can you REALLY be expending to get to the store? Also, many non gamers wouldn't know the different between a Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony controller(even with the name on the package), so expecting them to know the different colored controllers apart is kinda ludicrous too.

store tracker has failed me! :( two stores said they had them in stock went to both stores. the employees said we don't have any only black ones

[quote name='aj slick']Just got back empty handed. I called the store that said it was in stock and asked if they had the silver Ps3 controllers and he said they had 2 left, so I told him told hold them for me. I drove there and he grabbed the 2 controllers for me and they were both black. I told him that I wanted the silver ones and reminded him that I asked for the silver ones over the phone and that he told me they were in stock. He said there was nothing he could do and the manager would be in tomorrow. I got a card and will call tomorrow. What a waste of time and gas.

BTW- He told me he had 3-4 other people calling about the silver controller as well. Why would someone call about the black one, then? See what happens tomorrow. Maybe the manager will give me a gc or something.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, no. Don't bother going back.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: The Consumerist mentality on here anymore is frickin' ridiculous. "OMG They like totally wasted my time and gas because I had to drive a quarter mile in my Humvee and it took me 50 gallons of gas to get to the store. They OWE ME."

Unless you're driving an hour looking for these things how much gas can you REALLY be expending to get to the store? Also, many non gamers wouldn't know the different between a Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony controller(even with the name on the package), so expecting them to know the different colored controllers apart is kinda ludicrous too.[/QUOTE]

Had to wait at a train 20 mins and drove for another 10. 30 mins plus gas. He pulled the right controllers for me. Maybe he was colorblind.

I'm going to try two other radio shacks tomorrow to try and score another because its so sexy going to try my mall and local plaza but i will call first i have to head out to best buy any way to get x2 50 pack of dvd-R disc that i site to store for 5.88 after getting 15 dollars in rewards points back from the demons souls sale glitch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: The Consumerist mentality on here anymore is frickin' ridiculous. "OMG They like totally wasted my time and gas because I had to drive a quarter mile in my Humvee and it took me 50 gallons of gas to get to the store. They OWE ME."

Unless you're driving an hour looking for these things how much gas can you REALLY be expending to get to the store? Also, many non gamers wouldn't know the different between a Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony controller(even with the name on the package), so expecting them to know the different colored controllers apart is kinda ludicrous too.[/QUOTE]

I am not saying they owe me anything. It's not like the their website showed the item in stock and calling ahead and verifying with one of the employees that the item was indeed in stock. And then driving there for nothing.

[quote name='aj slick']I am not saying they owe me anything. It's not like the their website showed the item in stock and calling ahead and verifying with one of the employees that the item was indeed in stock. And then driving there for nothing.[/QUOTE]
You know how many times I've driven to stores that were supposed to have X or Y item in stock and I get there to find they don't have it? A TON.

You know how many times I've demanded a gift card because they 'omg wasted my time and gas'? NONE.

Most of these deals are YMMV and you have to realize that A) employees aren't always going to be gamers and realize WHY you're looking for THAT SPECIFIC ITEM, so they'll pull aside one of the same item even if it's NOT the one on sale/clearance AND B) if you want a deal you may have to ride around to MULTIPLE stores to get it and waste a bunch of time and gas.

If you're not willing to put up with putting in time and gas to try and get these deals, then you don't deserve them in the first place.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know how many times I've driven to stores that were supposed to have X or Y item in stock and I get there to find they don't have it? A TON.

You know how many times I've demanded a gift card because they 'omg wasted my time and gas'? NONE.

Most of these deals are YMMV and you have to realize that A) employees aren't always going to be gamers and realize WHY you're looking for THAT SPECIFIC ITEM, so they'll pull aside one of the same item even if it's NOT the one on sale/clearance AND B) if you want a deal you may have to ride around to MULTIPLE stores to get it and waste a bunch of time and gas.[/QUOTE]

Ya...That's the reason I wait until Amazon hears about it and price matches :). I've been burnt a thousand times doing that and got sick of it...BTW, you don't know what's going on in each individuals life....Hell I used to work 40+ hours a week and go to college taking 24+ credit hours...Some people don't have that time going back and forth(not going to complain about gas because that can be earned back; time CAN NOT be earned back. If it's wasted to false promises you won't get it back!)...That's why when I worked at Wal-Mart, I made it so people don't waste their time.

[quote name='EarthKing']Ya...That's the reason I wait until Amazon hears about it and price matches :). I've been burnt a thousand times doing that and got sick of it...BTW, you don't know what's going on in each individuals life....Hell I used to work 40+ hours a week and go to college taking 24+ credit hours...Some people don't have that time going back and forth(not going to complain about gas because that can be earned back; time CAN NOT be earned back. If it's wasted to false promises you won't get it back!)...That's why when I worked at Wal-Mart, I made it so people don't waste their time.[/QUOTE]
That's why I only go to try and get in on these deals when I'm either gonna be in the area or I have some spare time to waste.

But I'm just more than annoyed with the people who act like every millisecond of their life is so valuable and they feel like they deserve to be compensated for wasting even a nanosecond of it looking for one of these deals. You're on here because you want to save money, but you're not always going to get the deals you're going for. What's even better are the folks who will wait until a Saturday night to try and go in to get deals from that week's sale papers and then come on here to cry about 'why oh why were there none of (insert item name here) left'.

Had you actually gotten to the store BEFORE the end of the day on Saturday you might've actually found some on the shelf. But if other people think something is a good deal, then get there early and grab one if you want one so bad.

I understand many folks have 'lives' and families and such, but if you want a deal you make the time to get said deal, even if that means leaving for your afternoon job that much earlier to go get X or Y item that such and such place has on sale that week.

What makes me laugh even more is that some of those same folks who couldn't get in on the deal for whatever reason will then be the ones to super lowball you for said item they still want if you put it up for sale/trade. Even paying cost + shipping is too much for something that they were too lazy/busy/stupid(choose one) to go out and get themselves during the week.

So you're not really the cheapest gamer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know how many times I've driven to stores that were supposed to have X or Y item in stock and I get there to find they don't have it? A TON.

Most of these deals are YMMV and you have to realize that A) employees aren't always going to be gamers and realize WHY you're looking for THAT SPECIFIC ITEM, so they'll pull aside one of the same item even if it's NOT the one on sale/clearance AND B) if you want a deal you may have to ride around to MULTIPLE stores to get it and waste a bunch of time and gas.

If you're not willing to put up with putting in time and gas to try and get these deals, then you don't deserve them in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Bravo, fortune rewards the bolds...in this case diligent.

[quote name='madbst']So you're not really the cheapest gamer.[/QUOTE]
Why do you say that? Because I'm willing to drive to a couple of the same store if I really want a deal? Because I don't think I'm OWED a deal or compensation for going to a couple stores to look for the deal?

If I get my hands on any I'll be sure to offer them up here.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Does anyone know if the coupon can be used on Black Friday? Because I have my eye on an mp3 player with this coupon.[/QUOTE]

it says its good till december so you should be good

Went down to Westminster to check out the local Radio Shacks. One store was willing to pull up a store availability for me to find one of these controllers and lo' and behold there was one at the store just down the street from my house.

If you go to a store and find they don't have it in stock, just be polite and ask if they can check the other stores in their district. They *MAY* be able to ship stock from one store to another, but that is entirely up to both managers' approval.

I bought the last two from one store and the next day the web site had updated to remove that store from the inventory search. But another store I had went to first that didn't have any controllers is a store still being listed with stock. Does that mean the employees hid them for themselves? ;)

Thank you OP! Finally a CAG deal I really felt like I got a deal from. Been in the market for a new DS3. Was going to buy them on Black Friday, but this was too good to be true.

Printed out the coupon, went to my local Radio Shack and wham. 2 Silver DS3 for $40.XX

Now that is a deal. I think the had 3 to 4 of them left.

Location is Palos Verdes (which would be far for a ton of you). However I might be going back to get a few more as gifts/maybe sell/trade to fellow CAGers.

Dam called my next three closest raido shacks and they are sold out it figures because one is in the mall now that i found this 10 dollar coupon id get another 2 if i can find them but i think my luck ran out and have to settle for the one i got. Its a bummer to my main dual shock analog was getting a little loose and parts are loose inside when you shake it from smashing it when getting my demons souls platinum. I also refuse to play with third party controllers id sooner dish out the 59.99 on a 1st party controller then suffer the hands cramps of a 3rd party controller.

Well its over for me now i called the closest ones i could possibly get to sucks i really wanted another and not for resale purposes.

Does any one know why only the silver ones went on sale? This sucks with that coupon a New sony controller literally is less then 21.00 dollars you can't never beat that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benartmao']no go CA temple city[/QUOTE]

I was going to go check there =/

no go as in the store don't have any left or they won't take the coupon?

bread's done
Back