PS3 DUAL SHOCK 3 - SILVER color @ RadioShack IN-STORE ONLY $24.97

The closest ones to my location were in a city about 30 miles away, not going to travel that far to get one. Luckily one of my co-workers lives there. I told him of the deal and he picked up the last two, one for me and one for him.

Thinking of having another shipped to my local store as I need a spare.

No luck at the Radio Shack in San Antonio at the North Star Mall. I'm not sure where there's another one around but if I find it I'll probably check it out just in case. I did see an Xbox 360 controller on clearance for around $30, so it's possible they had the PS3 controller at some point.

Is this YMMV or dead? I found one in my area, but the sales guy plugged in the number and said it came up $54. It was the last one, so I'm also wondering if he didn't just want it for himself.

[quote name='metallicoholic']No luck at the Radio Shack in San Antonio at the North Star Mall. I'm not sure where there's another one around but if I find it I'll probably check it out just in case. I did see an Xbox 360 controller on clearance for around $30, so it's possible they had the PS3 controller at some point.[/QUOTE]

Sorry m8 picked up the last one at South Park mall was the last one in the entire city, had her check and the next closest one is in Uvalde :bomb:.

[quote name='mikeda']Is this YMMV or dead? I found one in my area, but the sales guy plugged in the number and said it came up $54. It was the last one, so I'm also wondering if he didn't just want it for himself.[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure that like 90 percent of people who are finding one are getting it at the sub 26 dollar price.

Had radio shack ship another two to my local store and remembered my coupon, nabbed another two silver dualshocks for 37.89 for both $18.50 each.

S3010031.jpg

S3010030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bredbu']how did you get them to ship it to your store?[/QUOTE]

call any store with inventory and ask them to ship it long as some noob employee isn't to much a noob you can get one store to ship to another.

I'm not the only guy in the thread to do this.

Just call a store that has them and get the store# and phone # then call the store your willing to drive to and say you want this inventory from another store.

so, do the signs on the rack/shelf actually show 24.97 if this deal exists at the store?

If so, Avenel, NJ does not have these $25 DS3 in stock

[quote name='ml_paladin888']so, do the signs on the rack/shelf actually show 24.97 if this deal exists at the store?

If so, Avenel, NJ does not have these $25 DS3 in stock[/QUOTE]

Yeah its in store only the item number is in the first few posts and if you search it online you can see where has inventory and have them ship it to you local store.

I had mine shipped to my store using a random zip code in my state to find stores with inventory. Then call have them ship. btw its silver only on clearance every where in till they run out of stock that's why they will ship these because its not on sale its a set price because I'm pretty sure radioshock will no longer carry the silver color.

[quote name='Evolved']Last night I picked up the two that I had ordered. They initially rang up at $40 but after a few minutes I got them for $24.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to PM you right now.

[quote name='Evolved']Last night I picked up the two that I had ordered. They initially rang up at $40 but after a few minutes I got them for $24.[/QUOTE]
care to expand on that a bit?

[quote name='ml_paladin888']care to expand on that a bit?[/QUOTE]
Sure, they finally came in after a week and when I went to pay the girl at the register said they were $40 and I said "shouldn't they be $22 and change"? She said she didn't see that price, I said ok let me get my phone to show you the receipt. While I was out at the car the girl found the correct/adjusted price in the system and then manually adjust the price.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Picked up 2 and used the 10 dollar off 40 dollar purchase thanks a lot op!!![/QUOTE]

Can't beat 18.50 on an official dualshock controller

I remember dissing third party controllers and knock offs in other threads where the controller would cost like 5.99 New but the amount of problems they had never made it worth it to me. And now that i got three of these controllers two still unopened, its my exact reason why.

I ended up with three silver dual shocks for 62.14 which is the price of one after tax.

24.25 with tax on one
37.89 for two after universal 10 off 40 coupon

This deal was worth it to me enough that not only did i buy two extra ones unopened with no intentions of using them nor profiting from them but even had to spend time finding inventory calling other stores to get them shipped to near me. I mean ps2 controllers new cost 20.00 still so i expect my controllers to maintain what i paid on them even after ps3 is not being made.

The only bad thing about the deal is the color as silver would have never been a first choice for me.

I went to 2 stores that said they had them in stock online but couldn't find them in the stores. The guys in the store said if it's not out and there's no space on the racks, then they probably don't have it. So if the online stock checker says they have it, should they definitely have it or can it be wrong?

[quote name='akalboy']I went to 2 stores that said they had them in stock online but couldn't find them in the stores. The guys in the store said if it's not out and there's no space on the racks, then they probably don't have it. So if the online stock checker says they have it, should they definitely have it or can it be wrong?[/QUOTE]

call any random store and have the item shipped to your store said this plenty of times.

[quote name='akalboy']I went to 2 stores that said they had them in stock online but couldn't find them in the stores. The guys in the store said if it's not out and there's no space on the racks, then they probably don't have it. So if the online stock checker says they have it, should they definitely have it or can it be wrong?[/QUOTE]
The online stock locator is an absolute joke.

[quote name='mossman43']I found the only 2 left within a 30 mile radius. Didn't really need them, but at that price you can't say no!![/QUOTE]
I couldn't say no last year either when I grabbed two of those Dual Shock 3/greatest hits game bundles using Hollywood Video $5 sale games that traded in for $20 each at the time for essentially $15 cash, then traded back in the games from the bundles and another $5 game to get a second bundle. So thanks to those shenanigans I have two spare Dual Shock 3's sitting sealed in my closet.:D:booty::whee:

But I'll admit that I DID try for these as well, since the basic black controller is somewhat blah.;)

As of 9:30am this morning (11/24)
Ukiah, California had 1 in stock
I grabbed 2 from Petaluma, California. I had drive 38 miles to get there. I had the 10 off coupon.
I also got radio shack's two year replacement plan for 11 bucks each. they'll replace any ware and tear, like if the x button is not working so I figure it's a good deal.
IMG_1061.jpg

Photo33.jpg

It's not too late to get some! just be persistent!

Aww, dude. Never buy a replacement plan on peripherals, you're just giving them free money. A console purchase maybe, but not on a $24 controller. I've had my two controllers for over 2 years now and had zero problems, even the battery holds an incredible charge. It's not too late though because they're required by law to refund warranty purchases within 5 days of purchase. Go get your $22 back IMO.

If you have to put in so much work plus driving and gas, it's not really so much of a deal anymore. IMHO of course.

[quote name='lml417']As of 9:30am this morning (11/24)
Ukiah, California had 1 in stock
I grabbed 2 from Petaluma, California. I had drive 38 miles to get there. I had the 10 off coupon.
I also got radio shack's two year replacement plan for 11 bucks each. they'll replace any ware and tear, like if the x button is not working so I figure it's a good deal.
IMG_1061.jpg

Photo33.jpg

It's not too late to get some! just be persistent![/QUOTE]

They will not replace it.
It only covers the amount you paid...
I almost considered it, but no chance of having it for this price in the future...
go get your money back (have them rering it)

lol :) replacement plan! I always wondered if anyone purchased these. if a store could get away with it they would sell you a replacement plan with your toilet paper purchase, anyway they can scam you out of some cash they will. At least you got the replacement plan brochure for free!!

Geez and replacement plan junk on top of it?? Take what I said in the post above and multiply by 10.

This is CAG not DAG ;)
(no offense)

[quote name='porieux']geez and replacement plan junk on top of it?? Take what i said in the post above and multiply by 10.

This is cag not dag ;)
(no offense)[/quote]

lol

[quote name='Jodou']Aww, dude. Never buy a replacement plan on peripherals, you're just giving them free money. A console purchase maybe, but not on a $24 controller. I've had my two controllers for over 2 years now and had zero problems, even the battery holds an incredible charge. It's not too late though because they're required by law to refund warranty purchases within 5 days of purchase. Go get your $22 back IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid this guy is right. And personally i can't believe you paid 9.99 for a warranty on a $25.00 controller.

I paid 19.86 for a 2 year extended warranty on my 120 GB slime which makes more sense as it cost 299.99.

At least you got a good deal on the controllers and if anything hopefully a lesson to.

Got one today in Richmond, VA - the $24.97 clearance price was marked on the display peg. The guy I bought it from said they have had people calling from other states asking for them to ship it to different stores. Not sure why he wouldn't do that for them, but it worked out nicely for me. Thanks OP!

Finally got one. I've checked around on the night of 11/12 and all stores within 50 miles radius were out. Came across one that was placed on hold for an individual until Noon on 11/24. I asked the manager to put me on the second waiting list if this controller was not claimed. Sure enough, the person didn't claim it and I managed to get it at clearance price. Persistence prevailed! Thanks OP.

well i havent opened the box yet. so I'll just have to call them back and see if I can get it refund. thanks for the advice.

[quote name='lml417']just called them I can get the refund. whew. Thanks again everyone! next time I won't be such a dunce.[/QUOTE]
awesome thats cool did they do it over the phone that would be cool if they could !!! :applause:

you will feel better getting 2 controllers for 40 instead of 60

[quote name='manchuwok']Got one today in Richmond, VA - the $24.97 clearance price was marked on the display peg. The guy I bought it from said they have had people calling from other states asking for them to ship it to different stores. Not sure why he wouldn't do that for them, but it worked out nicely for me. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Which store? I went to several with no luck. Just curious.

found 1 controller within 50 miles, had it shipped to my local store. went to pick it up tonight and it rang up as $39.67. I called BS, and had the cleark call the store where it was shipped from and ask for a price check. The shipping store has been hoarding controllers and priced them at $28. My local store still wouldn't acknowledge the price and told me I'd have to drive to that store 50 miles away to get the lower price.

I'll call in again tomorrow to speak with the manager, get my controller and have that clerk fired. If you're looking for this deal in Seattle, WA prepare to get the run around from some cheating bastards.

bread's done
Back