PS3 FAQ's: PSN, Gaming, Hardware, Accessories, Gen. Discussions...etc.

[quote name='refusedchaos']can someoen give me a list of games that have 4 player local?

i know so far:
CoD4
WarHawk
MS: PR
Resistance[/quote]
LBP
I'm getting the rest of these from google searches... so I don't know for sure if they're correct. :lol:

From Wikipedia of games that support 5-7 players offline.
  • All-Pro Football 2K8
  • FIFA 08, FIFA 09
  • FIFA Street 3
  • NBA 2K7, NBA 2K8, NBA 2K9
  • NHL 08, NHL 09
  • NHL 2K8, NHL 2K9
  • PixelJunk Racers
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009,WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (6 players)
High Velocity Bowling ( 4 players at least I think)
Pro Evo Football (7 players)
Calling All Cars (4 players)
Pain (4 players I think
FIFA 08/UEFA 08 (7)
1) Calling All Cars - Downloadable - 4 player offline
2) Virtua Tennis 3 - 4 player offline
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Hot Shot Golf
COD WAW

[quote name='refusedchaos']Haze (4 players)

i though it only supported 2 player offline (thats what it says on the box) and 4 player online coop[/quote]

Yeah, I found another place that conflicted that...
Like I said, I was just quickly searching teh googles.:lol:
I I guess I should mentions most of the sources were random forum posts. :lol:
So double check before buying a game. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah, I found another place that conflicted that...
Like I said, I was just quickly searching teh googles.:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol i did too and i found the same thing >_>

damn, can anyone else confirm a 4-player offine Haze? i need to know so i can go snag it at my GC

EDIT: damn, do you and dallow always have your ps3s on?

[quote name='refusedchaos']lol i did too and i found the same thing >_>

damn, can anyone else confirm a 4-player offine Haze? i need to know so i can go snag it at my GC

EDIT: damn, do you and dallow always have your ps3s on?[/quote]
According to the official forum it's only two player splitscreen. 4 player is only online or LAN.

well for the sound system if your on a buget then get a home theater in a box but if your not on a buget and can spend about $5,000 on a speaker system form scratch then do that

Well, I have an 80gb ps3 with only two usb ports. I suppose I'm looking for a usb hub so I can at least have 4 ports.

I was looking at the Nyko Media Hub+ (provides 2 extra USB ports and an SD reader). Is this the best way to go, or is there a cheaper hub (preferrably unpowered) that is compatible with recharging and usb periherals? I do however, like how the Nyko tries to take up as little space as it can and doesn't come with more wires.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I'd just get something from a good PC brand, but hopefully that works fine[/quote]
Yeah, that's the thing, it seems a good amount of people who purchase the unpowered $5 ranged hubs seem to experience at least some incompatibility. Although it's 4 times the price (not including tax and shipping), I'm sure compatibility would be higher than a generic hub. Sigh... decisions, decisions.

Maybe I should just charge one thing at a time, it'll save the environment.

A generic powered hub shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars. Any PC one would work. Nyko isn't putting anything "special" into their hub to make devices "more compatible."

Last night I was playing NBA 2k9, using my Dual Shock 3 Controller. I finished a game, shut the system off, and watched tv. I came back a bit later to play another game, and the game was acting really weird. It was scrolling things by itself like schedules, news, etc. So I plugged in my SixAxis and it was fine. Did I break my DS3? It was fine when I shut the system off the first time, now it seems like the R2 or L2 is broken. Do I just need to buy a new one, or is there something that can be done?

Is it possible your analog sticks were pushed off center when you started the system up? It may be that it auto calibrates to whatever position they're in at system start.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is it possible your analog sticks were pushed off center when you started the system up? It may be that it auto calibrates to whatever position they're in at system start.[/quote]

I tried shutting off and restarting the system, but it still didn't work. My guess is that the spring is stuck or broken on the R2 button

Not every retail game installs, right? :whistle2:s

When I am finished with a game, and it had to install it, where would I find the correct file to delete to clear up space?

[quote name='lilboo']Not every retail game installs, right? :whistle2:s

When I am finished with a game, and it had to install it, where would I find the correct file to delete to clear up space?[/QUOTE]

Some games do, some don't, and of course if there's a patch that gets listed there (the 360 just sticks patches and installs in a section of the hard drive we don't have access to (aside from the manual installs)).

It's really easy to see what's on there-it's just "Game Utility" on the "game" row of the XMB.

Quick question regarding previously downloaded games from a new PS3 user. I bought a used PS3, the previous owner downloaded 4 titles from the PSN, but I deleted their user account from the system. Is there any way I can "renew" the license for my account or console? I'd like to be able to play a few of these games on the hard drive. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='carpwrist']Currently, I have no HDTV. I use my Dell 2005FPW with its VGA input for my Xbox 360 and my PC. It's a fine monitor, however, max resolution is 1680 x 1050 and i'm out of available inputs.

I am planning on upgrading to a 24" LCD monitor, perhaps this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001295
or this (it has HDMI)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345

However, I'm not sure I'll have fixed my problem, and what should I do for a decent audio system? I noticed that the PS3 doesn't have a headphone jack, just optical out.

Any suggestions you CAGs have would help out alot.[/quote]

That doesn't sound right; the PS3 composite video out cable should also have an audio output - (yellow/red/white cables)

You should be able to buy a very cheap (

[quote name='lilboo']I think out of Little Big Planet, Uncharted, and Heavenly Sword... HS was the only game to install. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Heavenly Sword is kind of annoying because it installs 2GB, yet doesn't really fix the load times (Uncharted loads fast and has no install, only the initial load).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Heavenly Sword is kind of annoying because it installs 2GB, yet doesn't really fix the load times (Uncharted loads fast and has no install, only the initial load).[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any strange load times in Heavenly Sword. Only reason I don't like it is it gets too hard at the end (though for yet another Devil May Cry clone it was good.)

[quote name='Conroy']That doesn't sound right; the PS3 composite video out cable should also have an audio output - (yellow/red/white cables)

You should be able to buy a very cheap (

[quote name='carpwrist']I do have the composite video out, but can you use that in combination with the HDMI out? I just thought about this last night. I might try it out today.[/quote]

ah
yep, I'm pretty sure that should work.

I got the Sony blu-ray remote for my PS3 for quite some time now (actually on #2 as the first one broke from a 250 foot fall) and I've noticed it goes through batteries quite quick. Just this past week I had to change the batteries twice. I've been watching a lot of movies but I wouldn't figure hitting the Play and Stop button would cause such drainage.

I'm using Sony Ni-MH 2100 mAh batteries that are rechargable. I thought it may be just the batteries are old and over-used, but I use them for my Wii remotes and 360 controllers and they work just fine for 2-3 weeks.

Is anyone else noticing this that the remote drains batteries within a week of use? The only solution I can think of is to keep turning off the controller after each button use but that is just an unneccessary pain in the ass.

I've used other basic batteries in it before and it does the same thing.

I've had mine since last christmas, and I haven't changed the batteries once. Now I might only use it once or twice a day, but I don't see how it should be draining that quickly.

I've noticed the same thing since getting mine a few months ago. I don't think I've burned through batteries in it in a week, but with semi-regular use I've burned through them in under a month.

[quote name='Conroy']ah
yep, I'm pretty sure that should work.[/QUOTE]

My monitor is 3 years old. Not sure HDCP was around then, but mine doesn't have it. I got no signal and quite a scare when I thought I broke my PS3.

I've had the same batteries for about 6, 7 months, its been a while. The remote shuts off immediately which really really helps to conserve batteries.

Does anyone know how to turn off the official PS3 bluetooth headset after turning it on? I've tried holding down the power button but that didn't work.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I didn't notice any strange load times in Heavenly Sword.[/quote]

:shock:

I don't own more than 10 PS3 games, but Heavenly Sword has the worst load times of them all. Especially the initial load screens.

You may want to try different types of batteries. BEsides the NiMH ones you are using. Maybe like alkaline or those "Ultra" ones designed for high drain devices. Just a suggestion to investigate.

[quote name='gamer4432']I got the Sony blu-ray remote for my PS3 for quite some time now (actually on #2 as the first one broke from a 250 foot fall) and I've noticed it goes through batteries quite quick. Just this past week I had to change the batteries twice. I've been watching a lot of movies but I wouldn't figure hitting the Play and Stop button would cause such drainage.

I'm using Sony Ni-MH 2100 mAh batteries that are rechargable. I thought it may be just the batteries are old and over-used, but I use them for my Wii remotes and 360 controllers and they work just fine for 2-3 weeks.

Is anyone else noticing this that the remote drains batteries within a week of use? The only solution I can think of is to keep turning off the controller after each button use but that is just an unneccessary pain in the ass.

I've used other basic batteries in it before and it does the same thing.[/quote]

Gotta be your batteries or something.
I've yet to change my batteries in it and I've had it for months.

I even use it to browse the XMB when I don't feel like grabbing my controller.

I use mine on average 5 times a week, watching a 30 minute show each day. I got mine back in September, still using the original batteries, and the PS3 is only reporting it's at half power. My guess is either it's not automatically turning off or it's the batteries you're using. Try turning on the automatic controller off function and see if that helps (mine is set to 10 minute timeout)

[quote name='starmask2k3']thankz is that repair's[/quote]

Yeah. I know it well since I called it for friends during the early PS2 days when their systems got the dreaded DRE.

Can anyone tell me what cables the PS3 includes out of the box?

I'm thinking about getting one but as my tv doesn't have hdmi I guess I may need to buy some other ones.

bread's done
Back