PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

ashtonreeves

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
THE EXPENSIVE & GARBAGE BUNDLE!!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-zzkyozm6VPHnqMu7JiRrDw

following comment posted by a bestbuy employee. posted on: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys, Bestbuy employee here. I just got out of our last meeting before the PS4 release. Plenty of information was given to us that I will gladly pass on over to you guys.
1. We will have enough PS4's to fulfill all of our pre-orders.

2. We will have 100+ PS4's to sell on release date (midnight). Our district (16 stores) will be getting 1300 in total. So our store is getting 100+ as it is one of the bigger ones.

3. We already have the PS4's in our warehouse.

4. We will form two lines. One for pre-orders, one for those who didn't pre-order and wish to purchase.

5. If you're in the line to purchase the PS4 on release day without a pre-order, and are interested in the 'Unlocked Epic Gaming Package' bundle, you jump straight to the front of the line. That bundle is shown here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010 [EDIT by Io - we have conflicting info from another Best Buy employee that you do NOT, in fact, get to jump the line if buying the Epic Gaming Package - so please do not count on that!]

6. We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you.

7. We won't be price matching target's B2G1. Rather, bestbuy made their own promotion. Not nearly as nice though. When you buy 3 games, you get $25 back in reward zone certificates.

8. If you're unruly, we have every right to kick you out.

Note: You shouldn't have a problem with employees taking up the stock either. If we don't have a preorder, we are almost out of luck. We're not able to purchase it win 48 hours of release date. The only thing we can do is line up with someone else and have it them purchase it for you, which is what i'll be doing. They're being extremely strict about this as a company, not just my store. However, you will have those shady stores who will find a way around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a PS4 preordered from BB.com for in-store pickup.  I used a Discover card, but since then I have gotten about $400 in gift cards.  Is there any way they will let me change the payment type when I pick it up, or maybe let me cancel the order and rebuy?  I tried calling BB.com and changing the payment type a month or so ago, but they wouldn't let me without cancelling the order.

I have a PS4 preordered from BB.com for in-store pickup. I used a Discover card, but since then I have gotten about $400 in gift cards. Is there any way they will let me change the payment type when I pick it up, or maybe let me cancel the order and rebuy? I tried calling BB.com and changing the payment type a month or so ago, but they wouldn't let me without cancelling the order.
Pick it up, return and rebuy using the gift cards. That's the only way.

Talked to a guy at my local Target who said they will have "high 20's to low 30's" beyond the store preorders. My local TRU only got 18 but the guy couldn't view the preorder number so that store my be a big crapshoot.

Can confirm the statement about Best Buy Midnight opening.  EXCEPT jumping to the front of the line for the Bundle. My store never mentioned that.

My store has a 30 extra consoles (unpreoredered). So if you guys want them i suggest getting there very early. 

As for Xbox One. Haven't seen any consoles or games yet.

As for proof that i am a BB employee hard to prove really i mean a name tag isn't helpful. 

first, we got lawyers, doctors, and etc. on this forum. now, we have tons of bestbuy employees.
We are always here. We just hide in the shadows.

Can confirm the statement about Best Buy Midnight opening. EXCEPT jumping to the front of the line for the Bundle. My store never mentioned that.
I also have not hear anything about jumping the line if you want the bundle. EVERYTHING I see on the launch says not to force bundles on those who don't want them.

We are always here. We just hide in the shadows.

I also have not hear anything about jumping the line if you want the bundle. EVERYTHING I see on the launch says not to force bundles on those who don't want them.
then come out of the shadows

Really? How did you hear this? I am in the Chicago region and the central hub for receiving has already been notified not to expect any additional shipments until the 2nd or 3rd week of December due to the European launch. I think Sony has always made it tough to find around Christmas time and they do not want to go the route of the WiiU that was everywhere last Christmas and we all know that system is not doing well at all despite being the first to launch with a one year lead on Sony and Microsoft
Well as far as the whole Sony thing I am pretty sure they stated that they would try to distribute as many ps4s as possible. My manager showed the 10 stores around ours and each have reservations between 75-100 and are receiving a total of 200+ within the first week of release.

Eliminator,

Why wouldn't Sony say that?  They did the same thing with the PS3 and fell well short of their 2 million units shipped statement.  I know we have sent stores their alottment numbers for launch and what to expect for the 2nd shipment.  The problem is Sony is saying they are coming next week but we were getting confirmations on our launch shipments a couple of weeks ago and we have yet to hear a thing about next week.  Also, the whispers are already starting to be heard from reps talking about the European launch shipments are going next week so the US probably will not see anything for a few weeks.  Now I know Sony is really hoping to get shipments out late next week to go out before the xbox1 launch and steal as much of the market as they can.  I personally think they should have had a better launch lineup, the only saving grace is the xbox1's is nothing spectacular either.

I have a PS4 preordered from BB.com for in-store pickup. I used a Discover card, but since then I have gotten about $400 in gift cards. Is there any way they will let me change the payment type when I pick it up, or maybe let me cancel the order and rebuy? I tried calling BB.com and changing the payment type a month or so ago, but they wouldn't let me without cancelling the order.
Just let the employee know when you get up to pay not to mark it as picked up and then just sell it to you. That way you dont have to wait the 24hrs to return rebuy. I've done this several times with no problems on other items.

What a crappy ass gaming package. Love how BB adds in their two year GCU membership at $120. BB was good but they're becoming crap now. Oh well.

So if I go at 9:30 to pay and get my pick up ticket, do I HAVE to use the ticket at the midnight launch? Why not just get the ticket and come back whenever it's convenient on Friday?

They would have to honor the ticket if you paid for it... I mean, what if I buy a ticket and then my wife goes into labor?? (I'm not even married, just making up an example...)

"We will open up our doors at 9:30PM" Can someone explain this. It just seem right that their store be closed  all day until 9:30 PM.

My first console launch but is that how most retail handle it?

"We will open up our doors at 9:30PM" Can someone explain this. It just seem right that their store be closed all day until 9:30 PM.

My first console launch but is that how most retail handle it?
Looks like typical store hours on a Thursday are 10am-9pm. I imagine they'll kick everyone out and close down, get things set up, and open back up at 9:30.

Just let the employee know when you get up to pay not to mark it as picked up and then just sell it to you. That way you dont have to wait the 24hrs to return rebuy. I've done this several times with no problems on other items.

I'm going to go in and talk to a manager before the circus of the launch and see if they will let me do that. Much easier than return/rebuy. Just curious, is the revenue for the store the same on a BB.com purchase picked up in the store versus something just purchased in the store?

The 24 hour wait on returns from dot com was eliminated with an OMS update about a month back. You can now return or exchange pretty much immediately.

Man, where are you located?

I am in Dallas. Amazon just cancelled my day-one order without any notification. I was told the system cancel it automatically, and they cannot help me to place an order, because all PS4s in their warehouse are oos.

Probably I would like to get one from BB or Frys. I wonder if I need to wait in line that early??

Well as far as the whole Sony thing I am pretty sure they stated that they would try to distribute as many ps4s as possible. My manager showed the 10 stores around ours and each have reservations between 75-100 and are receiving a total of 200+ within the first week of release.

Well the reps at the Bestbuy I frequent whom I've been dealing with for awhile now have told me that they have 250 preorders between the store and in-store pickup and was told that they have about 130 extra units to sell for those who didn't pre-order so it seems they maybe be the best place to go if you didn't preorder.

So if I go at 9:30 to pay and get my pick up ticket, do I HAVE to use the ticket at the midnight launch? Why not just get the ticket and come back whenever it's convenient on Friday?

They would have to honor the ticket if you paid for it... I mean, what if I buy a ticket and then my wife goes into labor?? (I'm not even married, just making up an example...)
Dudes here sound like the GameStop thread. If there's a unforeseen event, they will more likely hold one for you. Last thing they want is handling out gcs for overselling a ps4.

The ticket is probably a receipt just like GameStop where they stamp and/or sign to confirm that you got it like the store pick up slip. It might be like Black Friday where stores give out tickets and wristbands.

They just to want to speed things up, get everybody out of there and go home.

Well the reps at the Bestbuy I frequent whom I've been dealing with for awhile now have told me that they have 250 preorders between the store and in-store pickup and was told that they have about 130 extra units to sell for those who didn't pre-order so it seems they maybe be the best place to go if you didn't preorder.

I don't get why people think this will be hard to get. Sony said there will be plenty. Plus the console has TWO LAUNCH GAMES and less features than promised up front.

I hate the xbone and will get a PS4, but unless you're a diehard Killzone fan it's quite silly.

Just out of curiosity, those who have pre-ordered, what time will you guys show up?
11:59pm

I don't get why people think this will be hard to get. Sony said there will be plenty. Plus the console has TWO LAUNCH GAMES and less features than promised up front.

I hate the xbone and will get a PS4, but unless you're a diehard Killzone fan it's quite silly.

two launch games? there are like 14

All this talk makes me want to get one on top of my Xbox One...but then I should think of my backlog...and what happened with the wii u after I bought that...lol. I have terrible self control.

I can't imagine that these 2 systems will be easy to find on the stores shelves this holiday.  Every console I can recall in recent memory was difficult to find except for the Xbox and Gamecube in 2001.  The only reason I believe they were easy to find is that everyone purchased a PS2 already at that point. 

i got 2 Q? 

what's so bad about geek squad coverage

can we use the 30 for 2 years coupon

First time I have attended a midnight opening at BB, so forgive me for the ignorance, I just need to see if the experienced midnight opening shoppers can help clarify this for me.

I have a PS4 preordered and paid, with the exception of the tax portion. I have picked up and have in my possession everything else I preordered (extra controller, 3 games, charging station), so literally all I need to do is pick up my console. My concern is, when do I have to show up? Do I have to show up early? Or can I show up at 1130PM, jump in my appropriate line, and I will still get my system by at least 1230 I guess?

There's nothing bad about it except for the price. People just like to complain.
exactly, best buy warranties are awesome, they replace everything for me on the spot. they literally tell me to walk over to the and pull a brand new one off the shelf and just replace it.

I can't imagine that these 2 systems will be easy to find on the stores shelves this holiday. Every console I can recall in recent memory was difficult to find except for the Xbox and Gamecube in 2001. The only reason I believe they were easy to find is that everyone purchased a PS2 already at that point.
yeah, i agree, the wii-u was really hard to find.

Their unlocked epic gaming package bundle is such a joke. Making you purchase 2 full retail games (while B2G1 is going on) plus an extra controller (some of us don't need one right away) plus 2 years of Live/PSN (at a price hike mind you) and some useless (and expensive) coverage thing you don't need. No thanks..

Hope BB does a B2G1 at some point. Have a bunch of BB credit that I want to use. I already picked up some PS4 games (Knack and 2K14), so was hoping to pair Killzone with two Xbox One titles somewhere (Like Dead Rising/Ryse, DR/Forza, Zoo Tycoon/Forza, or some other combo).

Their unlocked epic gaming package bundle is such a joke. Making you purchase 2 full retail games (while B2G1 is going on) plus an extra controller (some of us don't need one right away) plus 2 years of Live/PSN (at a price hike mind you) and some useless (and expensive) coverage thing you don't need. No thanks..
i can guarantee you people are going to pay it. If thats moves you up the line to get one at midnight without a preorder than people will pay it. They know what they are doing. People are paying $600 on ebay for just the console. Its pretty much price gouging, but they been doing this for a while during the holidays. They have those nicely packaged consoles on the tables with all the same stuff and uninformed parents jump all over like how they setup laptops packages during the summer.

Every time I get the next gen itch I go look at my spreadsheet of games I own but have not played. Counting PS+ I am hovering around 200. That snaps me back to reality. No money and time to get one of these.
Same here, given the really weak launch lineup as well, there is just absolutely no reason for me to need one of these consoles anytime soon. I won't get tempted until next March when Thief and Titanfall come out.

Plus if they release Walking Dead season 2 this year, that will keep me quite busy as well.

With all the places that too preorders, and for how longs preorders went on for both systems, there's no reason to complain if you can't get one at launch. No one is forcing you to buy anything, and if you wanted just the system by itself there were plenty of chances to guarantee you were in a position to do so over the past five or six months rather than waiting until the last minute and somehow expecting to be able to walk in to a store at your convenience during the holiday season and pick one up from some magical limitless supply. 

I had a PS4 preordered at Amazon from day one, but cancelled it about two months ago, figuring I didn't really need one. Then Best Buy started running good trade in deals, and I cut the chaff out of my collection.

If I can get a PS4 Friday morning, great. If not, oh well, I can wait.

bread's done
Back