PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

ashtonreeves

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
THE EXPENSIVE & GARBAGE BUNDLE!!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-zzkyozm6VPHnqMu7JiRrDw

following comment posted by a bestbuy employee. posted on: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys, Bestbuy employee here. I just got out of our last meeting before the PS4 release. Plenty of information was given to us that I will gladly pass on over to you guys.
1. We will have enough PS4's to fulfill all of our pre-orders.

2. We will have 100+ PS4's to sell on release date (midnight). Our district (16 stores) will be getting 1300 in total. So our store is getting 100+ as it is one of the bigger ones.

3. We already have the PS4's in our warehouse.

4. We will form two lines. One for pre-orders, one for those who didn't pre-order and wish to purchase.

5. If you're in the line to purchase the PS4 on release day without a pre-order, and are interested in the 'Unlocked Epic Gaming Package' bundle, you jump straight to the front of the line. That bundle is shown here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010 [EDIT by Io - we have conflicting info from another Best Buy employee that you do NOT, in fact, get to jump the line if buying the Epic Gaming Package - so please do not count on that!]

6. We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you.

7. We won't be price matching target's B2G1. Rather, bestbuy made their own promotion. Not nearly as nice though. When you buy 3 games, you get $25 back in reward zone certificates.

8. If you're unruly, we have every right to kick you out.

Note: You shouldn't have a problem with employees taking up the stock either. If we don't have a preorder, we are almost out of luck. We're not able to purchase it win 48 hours of release date. The only thing we can do is line up with someone else and have it them purchase it for you, which is what i'll be doing. They're being extremely strict about this as a company, not just my store. However, you will have those shady stores who will find a way around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I would never pay $50 for a year of Live, which is what that's priced at. You can find them online for $30-$35 ALL THE TIME not to mention there's plenty of BF deals coming up on Live. And why are they even forcing 2 years on you? What's the point of that? That bundle is a joke.
$60/year for Live for a little while now, but I agree with your points.

you must be smokin some good ass shit. it took the PS2 1 1/2 yr to cut its launch price. PS2 launch on Oct 2000 and the 1st price cut did not happen until june of 2002.
Hey now, he said a few years ago not over a decade ago. So it obviously means he's going to wait to get it when the PS5 is out since he only recently got the PS2 a few years back.

Hey now, he said a few years ago not over a decade ago. So it obviously means he's going to wait to get it when the PS5 is out since he only recently got the PS2 a few years back.
I suggest waiting for the PS6. By then, he'll be able to find a ps4 for super cheap.

Is the geek squad warranty really worth it? I didn't have a great experience with it, but that was a few years ago. I bought a ps3 and got the best warranty BB offered at the time - I got the ylod on my ps3 with a few months left on my warranty. I wasn't allowed to just go grab another one off the shelf. They shipped mine off and sent me a refurb about a week later. That refurb didn't even last 6 months.

I'm always hesitant now to go with any in store warranty. I usually go with square trade; while you don't get immediate resolution, you do normally get your money back and can replace with a brand new model.

I am curious about the warranty. I did like being able to swap in the store but itbsounds like thats not an option anymore.

But they can offer an incentive to those that want the bundle by allowing them to go in their own separate line. They are not technically cutting but they are in their own line that gives an incentive by getting a console.
This is absolutely false. No priority can be given for agreeing to purchase this bundle or anything else. Priority will be given to the order people line up for those that haven't preordered.

Anyone who has preordered will have a separate line and they will be able to start paying for all of the things they want to buy starting around 10pm. You'll be able to start picking your purchases up at 12:01am. Should go pretty slick.

Full details on the midnight openings can be found here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Midnight-Opening-FAQ/td-p/721719

130? That seems unreal, did you ask a manager for that info?
No I'm cool with a few of the reps in the store and they wouldn't lie to me because they know I flip and everything and don't care. This store is a high volume store and they 1 of the top stores in the district when it comes to trade ins (probably I help contribute a good amount to that) so take my info for what it's worth.

I would not get the ultimate bundle.....maybe the COD bundle if they let me cut for that since I'll need an extra controller anyway and know people who will be playing Ghosts.  I'll suck up the PSN for that.  At least I am getting something beyond what is on CL and EBay.

This is geared for the rich/parents. No thank you. I'll wait anyways until next year for BF deals/any bugs to be fixed for the PS4. My game log is massive anyways for the PS3.

If they dropped the Geek Squad & the GCU, then it would appeal to more people I bet.

This is absolutely false. No priority can be given for agreeing to purchase this bundle or anything else. Priority will be given to the order people line up for those that haven't preordered.

Anyone who has preordered will have a separate line and they will be able to start paying for all of the things they want to buy starting around 10pm. You'll be able to start picking your purchases up at 12:01am. Should go pretty slick.

Full details on the midnight openings can be found here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Midnight-Opening-FAQ/td-p/721719
They may not be giving priority. What I imagine is happening at those stores is we have 100 PS4s 40 are preorders and we have 20 bundles. So 40 other systems will be sold without a bundle but once those are gone the bundles are what you must purchase. I know at BF they did this with a number of laptops at my local BB. If you would not pay the extra for the stupid BB Geek squad package you could not get the deal price.

This is just my opinion based on how they made crap bundles in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may not be giving priority. What I imagine is happening at those stores is we have 100 PS4s 40 are preorders and we have 20 bundles. So 40 other systems will be sold without a bundle but once those are gone the bundles are what you must purchase. I know at BF they did this with a number of laptops at my local BB. If you would not pay the extra for the stupid BB Geek squad package you could not get the deal price.

This is just my opinion based on how they made crap bundles in the past.
This is not what was communicated. No forced bundling allowed at all on the gaming systems. If a customer wants to just purchase the system alone, they can and should be able to. If you see or hear of this happening at any stores, please post the location back here if you could.

The discounts for the package apply against the games and the Unlocked membership which then gives you the 20% discount on new software purchases and some additional benefits for the next two years. So if you don't want those things, just purchase what you want which will all be at the price listed in the ad (full MSRP which is what you'll see everywhere).

I called my nearest store at 6.45ish to see if they were doing that 9.30 thing.  Said there were already people lining up.  Think I'm just gonna wait a few weeks now, see what happens with these failing units and all.

Does anyone have an idea of how stores are handling the xbox launch and black friday together? like to the guy who said he was going to kmart, are they releasing the xbox at a certain time with a separate line?
I'm not sure what you are asking since the XBox One is not released on Black Friday, it comes out the week prior.

Had people showing up from 9:30 until I went inside at 10:45 thinking they were getting in line to get one.  Store had about 35 in stock.  People were trying to offer us $100 for our spots.  Other than that it was pretty orderly.  No way any of us were giving up our spots to the people showing up at 9:30...well, we did say for $400.

They could not force any package on you where we were at.  They were trying to say that they had the absolute best warranty coverage since it included 5 items - as long as you purchased them there.  However the Squaretrade option is cheaper and lasts longer if you want one.

i got a friend who is going to try and wait for an xbox on thursday. anyone know when a good time to start lining up would be? I suggested noon... maybe earlier?

bread's done
Back