PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

ashtonreeves

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
THE EXPENSIVE & GARBAGE BUNDLE!!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-zzkyozm6VPHnqMu7JiRrDw

following comment posted by a bestbuy employee. posted on: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys, Bestbuy employee here. I just got out of our last meeting before the PS4 release. Plenty of information was given to us that I will gladly pass on over to you guys.
1. We will have enough PS4's to fulfill all of our pre-orders.

2. We will have 100+ PS4's to sell on release date (midnight). Our district (16 stores) will be getting 1300 in total. So our store is getting 100+ as it is one of the bigger ones.

3. We already have the PS4's in our warehouse.

4. We will form two lines. One for pre-orders, one for those who didn't pre-order and wish to purchase.

5. If you're in the line to purchase the PS4 on release day without a pre-order, and are interested in the 'Unlocked Epic Gaming Package' bundle, you jump straight to the front of the line. That bundle is shown here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010 [EDIT by Io - we have conflicting info from another Best Buy employee that you do NOT, in fact, get to jump the line if buying the Epic Gaming Package - so please do not count on that!]

6. We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you.

7. We won't be price matching target's B2G1. Rather, bestbuy made their own promotion. Not nearly as nice though. When you buy 3 games, you get $25 back in reward zone certificates.

8. If you're unruly, we have every right to kick you out.

Note: You shouldn't have a problem with employees taking up the stock either. If we don't have a preorder, we are almost out of luck. We're not able to purchase it win 48 hours of release date. The only thing we can do is line up with someone else and have it them purchase it for you, which is what i'll be doing. They're being extremely strict about this as a company, not just my store. However, you will have those shady stores who will find a way around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note about OP: If an employee preordered their console they can be in line, but if they did not they have to wait 48 hours.

yes, you can. but those who opt in to the bestbuy package deal gets to be first in line
It sounds like a much better option than resorting to an EBay/Craigslist scalper. At least you get something for your premium. Although you might not even have to do that at all if they have enough consoles.

Think I'll try my luck at best buy without a reserve. The bundle is just too insane to me, especially when other places have a b2g1 in place.

I can get to the store around 7:45. Hey, maybe I'll get lucky :)

Oh, you mean forced as in not-forced.
It's not forced per se, but it lets people pay a premium to jump to the front of the line. That's price gouging at its finest. Unfortunately the sheeple masses will probably agree to this and pay the premium and BBY will rake in the cash.

It's not forced per se, but it lets people pay a premium to jump to the front of the line. That's price gouging at its finest. Unfortunately the sheeple masses will probably agree to this and pay the premium and BBY will rake in the cash.
These consoles are expensive enough, add $800 plus whatever applicable taxes, and I highly, HIGHLY doubt more than 3 or 5 people take advantage of this.

I'll say it again, I was on a call today, reread the play book, asked other stores, asked other managers, and NO ONE has heard of the "jump the line if you are getting the bundle". This is simply false information. There are already people lined up at some stores in my district. If you don't think telling someone who has been waiting in line for FOUR days they are not going to get one because they refuse the bundle is a PR nightmare, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll say it again, I was on a call today, reread the play book, asked other stores, asked other managers, and NO ONE has heard of the "jump the line if you are getting the bundle". This is simply false information. There are already people lined up at some stores in my district. If you don't think telling someone who has been waiting in line for FOUR days they are not going to get one because they refuse the bundle is a PR nightmare, I don't know what to tell you.
just ignore them, they are just trying to find ways to rag on bestbuy, because they felt they were wronged due to a previous experience/s.

I think these $800 bundles aren't going to be that popular. If you were willing to throw away that much cash to get a console on launch day you could have easily sprung for one of the overpriced pre-orders that people are selling on eBay or Craigslist.

Bundle is not forced. No one is getting price gauged. 

You get what you pay for in the bundle, there is no gauging. 

Some people would have bought the items in the bundle regardless.

People always find something to bitch about. 

Gauging would be selling the console by itself for $800+. Forcing people to buy it would be a threat and illegal. No one needs a console, especially a new Playstation 4 or Xbox One. 

I've worked at bestbuy for about a year last year, and the OP where the customers who are planning to get the $800 bundle can jump the line and get a console they have not pre-ordered is incredibly scandalous. Not all Bestbuys are created equal. I purposely ordered at the Bestbuy I worked at because they don't hold midnight launches. And on Friday I have no work/school so instead of waiting in line at midnight to pick it up, I'll be picking it up in the morning with a much* smaller line due to everyone else picking it up at the best buys with midnight launches. I emailed the store manager on how they are handling the PS4 launch and will post with the reply later. I guarantee it will be completely different and not just because its Midnight launch vs. Morning Launch. The bestbuy is also in manhattan, so good luck with them trying to screw over legit pre-ordering *new yorkers* by letting customers skip the line over the $800 bundle. 

Nevermind. he replied while I was writing up that last post

*Store Manager*(Purposely emailed the bigboss for accuracy)

If you preordered a system, you will get a system.

On Friday in an effort to release units quickly we will be opening for preorder customers only at 7am.
We will open at 9am to the public in general.

Everything PS4 related will be managed by several line queues.

So If you look at this, ONLY pre-orders will be taken at 7am. Everyone else can try their luck at 9am(at this store) for a PS4. Meaning they aren't doing that no preorder to upgrade to first in line and guaranteed PS4 because they choose to fuck everyone over by buying the $800 bundle. Good luck for everyone else who preordered at bestbuy. Because I'll say again NOT ALL BESTBUYS ARE CREATED EQUAL. Next time I'm definitely preordering at Gamestop to be guaranteed a system. I just didnt want to put down $100+ at the time so i preordered in store at the best buy i was working at. It's incredibly scary to hear that there might be a supply drought all the way till march. So I'm incredibly relieved from reading this email.

Nobody is getting gouged. Or gauged. Orangutan. Arugula.
Bravo. You are my new favorite poster.

That said, even if the line jump thing was true(not looking good on that) it's not forced and it's not price gouging. Honestly if I bought into a bundle with Best Buy's shitty Geek Squad plan and their 120 dollar club membership, I would expect them to give me some priority.

Bravo. You are my new favorite poster.

That said, even if the line jump thing was true(not looking good on that) it's not forced and it's not price gouging. Honestly if I bought into a bundle with Best Buy's shitty Geek Squad plan and their 120 dollar club membership, I would expect them to give me some priority.
Yes I would agree if someone is going to pay $200 for services they should be entitled to skipping the line. But* it's not okay if it takes up PS4's that are reserved for pre-ordering customers.

Agreed, but I don't think they are doing that. It would be the end of their preorder business. That said if you are just standing in line, no preorder in hand, I think this bundle should let you have the pick of the first non preordered consoles. It's got several hundred dollars in pure profit for Best Buy, they would be dumb not to make certain those folks willing to pay got a console.

Anybody in the NYC area want to hit up the 44th street store with my on Thursday? We can wait in line, get our tickets, grab a coffee and wait for the midnight launch to get our console.

44th isn't doing a midnight, they're launching in the morning, I'll go with you in the morning lol
Where can we go in the city that's doing a midnight launch? Do you think we'll have a chance getting one in the morning at 44th street?
I don't have a pre-order so yeah...

Honestly, I don't care when/where we go, as long as I can get one I'll be happy.

Where can we go in the city that's doing a midnight launch? Do you think we'll have a chance getting one in the morning at 44th street?

Honestly, I don't care when/where we go, as long as I can get one I'll be happy.
I think midnight is a bad idea. My friend who doesn't have a pre-order either is coming with me. Just think of the 100 people who really want a PS4 and didnt pre-order are going to line up at midnight. But at 44th no ones going to think of going there because if the people want it that badly they'd risk going to the midnight launch bestbuys. So yeah I'm gonna be up all night and go to 44th in the morning, for less traffic for my friend.

These consoles are expensive enough, add $800 plus whatever applicable taxes, and I highly, HIGHLY doubt more than 3 or 5 people take advantage of this.
Agreed, this bundle is a fist-fuck and I seriously doubt very many people will opt for it, especially with the very public Target B2G1F sale.

Also, it would appear Sony is going to keep the flow of this console steady given that they want these systems on the shelf when the XBONE launches next week. Psychology would dictate that a person unable to get a PS4 MIGHT opt to nab a XBONE and clearly, Sony will do their best to avoid that type of scenario from playing out.

Union square, they do all the major midnight releases

"We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you."

Question: You open stores at 9:30 and pay for the console. So the first who clear the cash register can go ahead and line up in the ticket line? Or does the ticket itself have an order so you don't worry about losing your place in line. I guess it the order in which the line was build from 9:30. Is that how it works?

I think midnight is a bad idea. My friend who doesn't have a pre-order either is coming with me. Just think of the 100 people who really want a PS4 and didnt pre-order are going to line up at midnight. But at 44th no ones going to think of going there because if the people want it that badly they'd risk going to the midnight launch bestbuys. So yeah I'm gonna be up all night and go to 44th in the morning, for less traffic for my friend.
You make a good point actually. Everyone will rush for the midnight release. I'm just hoping we don't show up Friday morning to the 44th street best buy and see a line of 200 people.

They open at 9am if I remember correctly, right?

You make a good point actually. Everyone will rush for the midnight release. I'm just hoping we don't show up Friday morning to the 44th street best buy and see a line of 200 people.

They open at 9am if I remember correctly, right?
I'll pm you the details, and my number so we can meet up. I doubt we'll see 200 people everyone who bothered to pre-order or really wanted the console would've gotten it at midnight. And its a friday morning. Most people who preordered there or not, kids and adults both have school or work that day. I don't and I'm assuming you don't either, so yeah. I'll be extremely surprised if there's more than 25 people in the morning. They didnt preorder at the 44th store to get it asap, they preordered there because its closer to their work/school/house.

yeah, i agree, the wii-u was really hard to find.
Say what? My local Best Buy has literally never NOT had them. I was in there like 2 days after the launch of the Wii-U and they had dozens of them in-stock.

Say what? My local Best Buy has literally never NOT had them. I was in there like 2 days after the launch of the Wii-U and they had dozens of them in-stock.
Sarcasm. Unless you were shopping for the Wii U on the moon it was easily obtainable.

I talked to my local Best Buy manager(he's my neighbor) and they are doing the line jumping thing if you are buying the bundle. Preorders get it first, then the bundles and then everybody else. They only have 8 extra PS4's for those that didn't preorder. And according to him not every Best Buy is doing this policy, it's based off the district managers decision.

I talked to my local Best Buy manager(he's my neighbor) and they are doing the line jumping thing if you are buying the bundle. Preorders get it first, then the bundles and then everybody else. They only have 8 extra PS4's for those that didn't preorder. And according to him not every Best Buy is doing this policy, it's based off the district managers decision.

What state/city are you in? It may help other CAGs to know where this is going on so they can perhaps take advantage.

The info on the OP is correct. HOWEVER, any store that is doing a front of line for the epic bundle is not supposed to do that. Best buy did not communicate that, rather the opposite. It should be first come first serve as far as the extra consoles. Good luck finding the right portal going though, but the managers should be held accountable for doing so. Best buy does not force you into bundles for line cutting...

I wonder if you will be able to order a ps4 online for store pickup right at midnight and then just go get it in the morning?

The info on the OP is correct. HOWEVER, any store that is doing a front of line for the epic bundle is not supposed to do that. Best buy did not communicate that, rather the opposite. It should be first come first serve as far as the extra consoles. Good luck finding the right portal going though, but the managers should be held accountable for doing so. Best buy does not force you into bundles for line cutting...
But they can offer an incentive to those that want the bundle by allowing them to go in their own separate line. They are not technically cutting but they are in their own line that gives an incentive by getting a console.

Now the question is, do I want one system or both? Nah, I'm just gonna wait for Black Friday, I bet they'll drop the prices considerably on both these consoles by then. I was able to get a PS2 a few years back for cheap.

But they can offer an incentive to those that want the bundle by allowing them to go in their own separate line. They are not technically cutting but they are in their own line that gives an incentive by getting a console.
True enough, but this may upset other people...

So where is this happening? Any info would be great.

From what I've been told it's stores in the Chicago area and central Illinois that are confirmed to be doing the line jumping for the bundle

If your in NYC I wouldn't bother with Union Square.

I stopped by the Sony store today its on east 55th and Madison.

They have a ton of ps4's (As they should, it is the flagship Sony Store)

They said as long as I get in line I should get a ps4, they are allowing customers to buy up to 2 systems each (which leads to tell me they have enough). The one condition he mentioned is you need to buy something extra. So you must buy a system+ game or controller or warranty.

I got the impression they really have a lot of systems.  I have my ps4 pre-ordered from amazon, so I won't be doing this, might swing by Friday morning though before work and try to grab an extra for an xmas gift. 

Those bundles are kind of a joke, imo. If you plan on purchasing all of that alone, it'd be good since it's free 2 year extended warranty basically. You save the price of the 2 year warranty or in the case of X1 you save 20 on the two year sub (60/year normally unless something's changed, it was marked 60 when I was there yesterday) on top of the 2 year warranty.

I'm just gonna wait since early adopting is never very fulfilling. I'll pick up a PS4 after a price drop or when games I want come out or they have bundles. It doesn't take long for them to start throwing games in with the systems to entice purchases or at least price drops. I'll also have more games to choose from at that point. I'm also concerned about systems having failure issues like the PS3/360 did too... two 360 failures and a PS3 failure leave me a bit leary right now.

My BB said they'll have 25 extra PS4s too. So doesn't sound good for people who haven't preordered. No worries here since I'm waiitng.

Now the question is, do I want one system or both? Nah, I'm just gonna wait for Black Friday, I bet they'll drop the prices considerably on both these consoles by then. I was able to get a PS2 a few years back for cheap.
You talking about X1 and PS4? All the major BF ads have leaked and not a single one offers any discounts or gift cards with the new consoles to my knoweldge. Heck, I don't even think there is that many deals on the new console games.

^ I would never pay $50 for a year of Live, which is what that's priced at. You can find them online for $30-$35 ALL THE TIME not to mention there's plenty of BF deals coming up on Live. And why are they even forcing 2 years on you? What's the point of that? That bundle is a joke. 

good luck with that we wont see a price drop till at least next year

you must be smokin some good ass shit. it took the PS2 1 1/2 yr to cut its launch price. PS2 launch on Oct 2000 and the 1st price cut did not happen until june of 2002.

If your in NYC I wouldn't bother with Union Square.

I stopped by the Sony store today its on east 55th and Madison.

They have a ton of ps4's (As they should, it is the flagship Sony Store)

They said as long as I get in line I should get a ps4, they are allowing customers to buy up to 2 systems each (which leads to tell me they have enough). The one condition he mentioned is you need to buy something extra. So you must buy a system+ game or controller or warranty.

I got the impression they really have a lot of systems. I have my ps4 pre-ordered from amazon, so I won't be doing this, might swing by Friday morning though before work and try to grab an extra for an xmas gift.
I hope what you're saying is true, but I saw 2 ppl already waiting outside the store earlier today. I guess I'll pass by on Thursday afternoon to see if I should just buy a lottery ticket and have better chance lol

bread's done
Back