PSA: Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Available Today 3/7 Selling out quickly!

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is now available today. This will allow your headset's from your 360 to now work on your Xbox One for chat (no longer requiring the use of kinect as a mic). But expect extremely high demand for these for a while. SO GET YOURS FAST!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xbox+One+Stereo+Headset+Adapter/9008243.p?skuId=9008243&productCategoryId=pcmcat310600050022&id=1219013503686

Best buy still has them in pretty much every store for in store pick up from what I can tell for the MSRP of $24.99.
Gamestop has it as well (for a markup of a further $5, bringing it to $29.99...)
www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825 (Copy and paste)

However they have it available for shipping while BB seem's to be sold out.
If you are looking to get it, place an order now, you can always cancel or return it but don't hesitate.

Both BB and Amazon are sold out for shipping, which is a sign of low availability across the board. So while MSRP at BB it is still a deal, as you can expect these to sell out for at least the first batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question..I have an elite pulse already that I use for my PS4 and planning on getting an Xbox One bundle next week, does it come with some kind of mic already or do I need to purchase one?

great idea. I will do this and cancel my original Titanfall game preorder now.
make sure you call customer support, it will not give you the 15% online. so when i called CS they were able to did for me, picking them up today after work for 67.99

Hmm 15% not coming off with a preorder game... Nuts. Want to place an In store pickup
call BBY customer support they were able to take it off for me when i preordered titanfall. remember they both have to be on the same receipt

So do you now get game audio and chat audio simply by plugging in through the adapter, or am I misunderstanding some of you guys?
If you are using a standard stereo headset like the official microsoft one then the game audio and chat will go through the adapter. But if you have a higher end one like the turtle beaches/tritton then the separate audio via rca or optical will override it and you'll just get chat. At least this is how I understand it.

call BBY customer support they were able to take it off for me when i preordered titanfall. remember they both have to be on the same recipe
This is definitely YMMV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/special-offer/pcmcat325400050015.c?id=pcmcat325400050015

Excludes pre-owned games, pre-orders, Disney Infinity characters, Skylanderscharacters, PC software, digital downloads, Marketplace and Clearance & More items. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

This is definitely YMMV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/special-offer/pcmcat325400050015.c?id=pcmcat325400050015

Excludes pre-owned games, pre-orders, Disney Infinity characters, Skylanderscharacters, PC software, digital downloads, Marketplace and Clearance & More items. May not be valid in combination with other offers.
i was able to do it. check it out and all i did was call customer support and have them do it. i just told them the 15% was not being taken off she looked into it and did it for me. you read the fine print she didnt. so i got me 20% off titanfall and 15%off the headset. try it you never know, are you an elite member.

[quote name="ps360wii" post="11590718" timestamp="1394222068"]i was able to do it. check it out and all i did was call customer support and have them do it. i just told them the 15% was not being taken off she looked into it and did it for me. you read the fine print she didnt. so i got me 20% off titanfall and 15%off the headset. try it you never know, are you an elite member. [/quote]i may try it later. I am an elite member. Not too worried about it right now

i was able to do it. check it out and all i did was call customer support and have them do it. i just told them the 15% was not being taken off she looked into it and did it for me. you read the fine print she didnt. so i got me 20% off titanfall and 15%off the headset. try it you never know, are you an elite member.
"you read the fine print she didnt."

This is exactly what makes it YMMV. You might get it to work, you might not. Didn't say it wasn't worth trying, just saying its against the terms and conditions.

"you read the fine print she didnt."

This is exactly what makes it YMMV. You might get it to work, you might not. Didn't say it wasn't worth trying, just saying its against the terms and conditions.
i did nt see it until you pointed it out. have you even tried it.

Saw this yesterday at BB and ignored it. Today it is gone and had to buy it from Gamestop. Between this and PS4 camera they might as well shake me down. Oh well that is why we work to buy what we want.

I guess I'm having problems with this or I am missing something, I have it hooked up the same way I did on my 360 and I can get game audio from my TBs but I have no chat function? Anyone want to help with this?

I guess I'm having problems with this or I am missing something, I have it hooked up the same way I did on my 360 and I can get game audio from my TBs but I have no chat function? Anyone want to help with this?
Which TB do you have?

Also, have you updated the firmware on your controller yet? There is a little instruction sheet on how to do it (Follow that and do that).

If you have updated, try what worked for me, turn it off, than back on, the system, HOLD YOUR FINGER ON THE POWER ON YOUR CONSOLE UNTIL IT SHUTS DOWN! Like continuously hold, that will do an actual SHUT DOWN, as opposed to putting it in stand buy/sleep (Can fix many problems like that).

I just did it myself to fix an identical problem.

What kind of router do you have? I have an Airport Extreme and I had to do all kinds of crap to get it to work.

Are you using the Turtle Beach talkback cable? I have the same issue as you and ordered one which should help.

[quote name="DirtySeeSaw" post="11592355" timestamp="1394266391"]What kind of router do you have? I have an Airport Extreme and I had to do all kinds of crap to get it to work.[/quote]why would the router affect the chat part?

Was going to pre-order another copy of Titanfall for my brother and I am thinking of picking up either the MS stereo headset or the XO Seven. Do you guys think the XO Seven is worth the extra $80?

I don't see anything about specific headset compatibility on the Xbox.com page for the adapter but it does say this:

"Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I'm thinking your Tritton and Turtle Beach headsets get audio from the Xbox 360 console via SPDIF. It's nice that they actually seemed to follow a standard for this adapter. Most phone headsets should work. See here for more information. Hopefully we get some reports back from people testing this out.
I have the adapter and the mic does not work with any headset I own that has an inline mic it seems. I have tried soulrepublics v10 and my wifes iphone 4 headphones. From what I have read it seems things that use the Apple chirp to control volume and muting wont work…..Also note that only the stand alone adapter comes with the 3.5 to 2.5 headphone adapter the headset bundle does not…

Was going to pre-order another copy of Titanfall for my brother and I am thinking of picking up either the MS stereo headset or the XO Seven. Do you guys think the MS headset is worth the extra $80?
I would say no. If you're paying $80 make sure that whatever headset you are paying that much for supports Dolby or DTS Surround sound, at the very least. Get that bang for your buck.

The headset adapter comes with this stereo headset package, and that's $25-$30 on it's own. So in essence you're paying $55-$60 for a STEREO headset. I'd pass.

I would say no. If you're paying $80 make sure that whatever headset you are paying that much for supports Dolby or DTS Surround sound, at the very least. Get that bang for your buck.

The headset adapter comes with this stereo headset package, and that's $25-$30 on it's own. So in essence you're paying $55-$60 for a STEREO headset. I'd pass.
Plus the 80 pack does not come with the 3.5 to 2.5 adapter cable needed for other high end headsets.

[quote name="eliter1" post="11592677" timestamp="1394294506"]Was going to pre-order another copy of Titanfall for my brother and I am thinking of picking up either the MS stereo headset or the XO Seven. Do you guys think the XO Seven is worth the extra $80?[/quote]most people are saying no at least on reddit. But whatever you do try to get the 15% off at best buy.

Edit* let me clarify. If audio quality is most important I've read the drivers are the same so you're paying for comfort and build quality. That's up to you if it's worth it but the audio quality should be the same.

most people are saying no at least on reddit. But whatever you do try to get the 15% off at best buy.Edit* let me clarify. If audio quality is most important I've read the drivers are the same so you're paying for comfort and build quality. That's up to you if it's worth it but the audio quality should be the same.
I will try to get the 15% off on the MS headset with the Titanfall pre-order.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

[quote name="eliter1" post="11592838" timestamp="1394299262"]I will try to get the 15% off on the MS headset with the Titanfall pre-order.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.[/quote]oh sorry just reread, I thought you meant xo four vs xo seven. The audio quality should be better on xo7 but the ms one I hear is still decent. Sorry about that

why would the router affect the chat part?
I have no idea, but I had to change my IPv6 settings to Tunnel, then make a DHCP Reservation for my X1, and then I had to adjust my port mapping for 7 different ports. It was a pain. Also if I take my adapter out and plug in the one that came in the box nothing works unless I power cycle my X1.

oh sorry just reread, I thought you meant xo four vs xo seven. The audio quality should be better on xo7 but the ms one I hear is still decent. Sorry about that
Do you think the XO Four are worth the extra $ over the MS one?

Plus the 80 pack does not come with the 3.5 to 2.5 adapter cable needed for other high end headsets.
Just so everyone knows, cords with this functionality on their own cost $7(plus tax and shipping) on the Turtle Beach website. You can chance buying cheaper cords on Amazon, but a lot of them actually aren't compatable with voice chat. They will also allow 360 headsets to work on PS4.(That's actually what they're listed for.)

XO Four's through Best Buy's deal are the better buy, but I can't help but question their quality. From my research they don't use batteries, and they only work on the Xbox One, but they are completely wireless and surround sound. I'm waiting for reviews and hopefully a good price drop before taking that plunge.

Edit: Actually, they may not be surround sound.

I bought this pair off of amazon and even though they're refurbs they came to me complete in box and looked almost brand new. They sound amazing and work with all 4 consoles once you get the appropriate headset adapter. http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Call-Duty-Programmable/dp/B00HV2CMX8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394318977&sr=8-4&keywords=turtle+beach+tango
What would you buy for these? What is the "appropriate headset adapter"? and where can I get one? I currently have these headphones for my 360 and they are, indeed, awesome.

I was able to get mine working today, all it required was a HARD restart of the xbox console, so anybody having issues getting the mic to work try turning off your xbox one by holding down on the button on the console!

What would you buy for these? What is the "appropriate headset adapter"? and where can I get one? I currently have these headphones for my 360 and they are, indeed, awesome.
Well, It's a bluetooth headset out of the box so it'll pair with the ps3 fine. The 360 works with the bluetooth puck. For the xbox one you'll need the chat adapter and the talkback chat cable. I haven't tried yet but you may be able to use the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter that comes with the adapter and use it for the ps4 system.

Well, It's a bluetooth headset out of the box so it'll pair with the ps3 fine. The 360 works with the bluetooth puck. For the xbox one you'll need the chat adapter and the talkback chat cable. I haven't tried yet but you may be able to use the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter that comes with the adapter and use it for the ps4 system.
You don't have to have the talk back cable, just any 2.5 mm male to 2.5 mm male cable which is much cheaper.

Thanks, I found the Talkback chat cable on amazon! I'll give this a try.

Pre-Ordered Titanfall and ordered the Xbox One Stereo Headset, called BB and got them to apply the 15% off to the headset. While I was at BB picking up the headset I found an Open Box TItanfall conotroller for $52 and it looks like the controller was never used. Can't wait for Titanfall! 

[quote name="eliter1" post="11593708" timestamp="1394325842"]Pre-Ordered Titanfall and ordered the Xbox One Stereo Headset, called BB and got them to apply the 15% off to the headset. While I was at BB picking up the headset I found an Open Box TItanfall conotroller for $52 and it looks like the controller was never used. Can't wait for Titanfall! [/quote]nice. I got the controller for $55 with bravely defsult at $32 last week. I too am ready. Just can't pick up my adapter until Wednesday. I see now all local stores oos. They better not sell mine!

Thanks for the heads up on this OP. Turned out my headset works with this so I picked mine up today. Was at two Best Buy's this afternoon for various reasons and both were sold out so glad I did store pick up when I did.

As others have said, I preordered mine from Amazon many weeks ago, and mine just got here today.

Also: For those who have a PS4 chat cable that you had to purchase to use your Turtle Beaches on your PS4. It appears that the same cable will work with the Xbox adapter. I tried it on my headset today and it fits.

I bought this pair off of amazon and even though they're refurbs they came to me complete in box and looked almost brand new. They sound amazing and work with all 4 consoles once you get the appropriate headset adapter. http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Call-Duty-Programmable/dp/B00HV2CMX8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394318977&sr=8-4&keywords=turtle+beach+tango
These look great and at $109 I would most likely get them however I wonder how they will work with the X1 since the new headset adapter uses a 3.5mm jack and these use a 2.5mm for the bluetooth adapter. Can anyone that has these and a X1 please comment on this, much appricated.

Edit- Seems to have jack on the side that works with X1/PS4

Debating on whether to get the polk 4 shots for 143.99 10 percent off at GameStop or Astros A50 refurbished at amazon for 169.99 (have promotional credit there) and get the adapter

bread's done
Back