PSA: Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Available Today 3/7 Selling out quickly!

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is now available today. This will allow your headset's from your 360 to now work on your Xbox One for chat (no longer requiring the use of kinect as a mic). But expect extremely high demand for these for a while. SO GET YOURS FAST!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xbox+One+Stereo+Headset+Adapter/9008243.p?skuId=9008243&productCategoryId=pcmcat310600050022&id=1219013503686

Best buy still has them in pretty much every store for in store pick up from what I can tell for the MSRP of $24.99.
Gamestop has it as well (for a markup of a further $5, bringing it to $29.99...)
www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825 (Copy and paste)

However they have it available for shipping while BB seem's to be sold out.
If you are looking to get it, place an order now, you can always cancel or return it but don't hesitate.

Both BB and Amazon are sold out for shipping, which is a sign of low availability across the board. So while MSRP at BB it is still a deal, as you can expect these to sell out for at least the first batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the Microsoft Headset (instead of the adapter to use my TB X11 with DSS).  Well, I'm underwhelmed with the MS headset so I was going to return to get the adapter, but yeah....now it's sold out everywhere.  

The MS headset cable is horrible.  Also, the headset SHOCKED ME.  My house is a bit try at times, but it shocked both my ears....stung a bit.  And this was just using it for like 2 minutes.  I just want to find the adapter now.  I would going to test my TB, but I did not have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter for the chat aspect.

[quote name="bigmakk" post="11594060" timestamp="1394336194"]Debating on whether to get the polk 4 shots for 143.99 10 percent off at GameStop or Astros A50 refurbished at amazon for 169.99 (have promotional credit there) and get the adapter[/quote]how do u get them 10% off

Adapter is OOS pretty much everywhere online ._. should've ordered it... Checked online at Amazon, Best Buy, New Egg, Walmart, Target, Gamestop.. eBay has plenty of resells though for like 20+ retail.

I didnt realize there was such a big issue for this.

I just cancelled my order earlier tonight because I decided to just grab the XO Fours. Had I known I would have kept it to see if anyone here wanted it for cost + shipping : /

I picked up the Microsoft Headset (instead of the adapter to use my TB X11 with DSS). Well, I'm underwhelmed with the MS headset so I was going to return to get the adapter, but yeah....now it's sold out everywhere.

The MS headset cable is horrible. Also, the headset SHOCKED ME. My house is a bit try at times, but it shocked both my ears....stung a bit. And this was just using it for like 2 minutes. I just want to find the adapter now. I would going to test my TB, but I did not have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter for the chat aspect.
Haven't opened mine yet because I was looking into getting the XO Four instead but they're not available for pickup anywhere around me. :(

And that's any different for all the other video game accessories?
Well the PS4 just needs a standard $1 adapter to make it work with most regular headsets. I guess I'm still disappointed Xbox made the headset proprietary just to squeeze out another $25 for the adapter.

Well, I contacted Microsoft about my headset that shocked me.  They were a joke.  The CS rep did say that they should be getting the Headset Adapter in stock on 3/13, so we'll see.  So annoyed though.  

I wanted to test the MS set with my DSS with my TV, and the headset sounded horrible...then it shocked me.  haha.

I wanted to wait until Titanfall actually came out, I didn't want to call BB and go through all of that... Never even planned to get Titanfall, but with GCU and that 15% off an accessory, I was gonna bite :(

Is your voice clear to your friends? My A50s sound great but friends say my voice is choppy and drops out.
Seemingly works fine (although I've only used it in BF4 without party chat) but my A50s will shut off randomly, even if I'm fairly active (so it doesn't auto shut off every 3 minutes or whatever). Slightly annoying.

I won't have much time to further test it until Titanfall drops.

Sorry for the delayed update.

Finally, got a chance to test the adapter out with Sony Gold Headset. I can confirm that stereo sound and chat work just fine. Hopefully there will be a firmware update down the road to facilitate VSS but I'm not counting on it.

[quote name="XcozmoX" post="11597471" timestamp="1394471088"]In stock at Amazon![/quote]thanks bought in case my bby pickup falls through.

So I got the XO Fours... I don't know if I like them?

I have had the audio drop completely a couple times while playing. Has anyone else experienced that?

Also I didnt realize that it doesnt come with the 2.5 - 3.5 adapter then. I tried to compare and test with my X12s but obviously couldn't.

It did seem like the simulated surround was much better with the XO Fours than with the X12s since they have to go through the composite out on the TV the way the cabling is set up

Thoughts?

So I got the XO Fours... I don't know if I like them?

I have had the audio drop completely a couple times while playing. Has anyone else experienced that?

Also I didnt realize that it doesnt come with the 2.5 - 3.5 adapter then. I tried to compare and test with my X12s but obviously couldn't.

It did seem like the simulated surround was much better with the XO Fours than with the X12s since they have to go through the composite out on the TV the way the cabling is set up

Thoughts?
Typically you get the best sound out of your optical out. So in the case of the X12's if you have them connected to a dss mixamp you should be fine. As far as sound quality is concerned between the two headsets that's for you to decide.

Typically you get the best sound out of your optical out. So in the case of the X12's if you have them connected to a dss mixamp you should be fine. As far as sound quality is concerned between the two headsets that's for you to decide.
Right right.

I meant moreso on the dropping of the game audio.

I was wondering if anyone else with the XO Fours have experienced that?

I can now confirm the 2.5 to 3.5 included with this adapter works flawlessly for connecting my 360 headset to a PS4 controller.~

I'm having issues with my Astro A50s constantly shutting off every 5 minutes, as if there's no audio going through the headset at all (to keep it on). They work fine with the PS4, no issues at all... this only does it with Xbox One (go figure, fuck ing MS).

Contemplating getting rid of them, as the main reason I got them was to play Titanfall/BF4, but it's pretty damn annoying when it shuts off in the heat of a match.

I'm having issues with my Astro A50s constantly shutting off every 5 minutes, as if there's no audio going through the headset at all (to keep it on). They work fine with the PS4, no issues at all... this only does it with Xbox One (go figure, fuck ing MS).

Contemplating getting rid of them, as the main reason I got them was to play Titanfall/BF4, but it's pretty damn annoying when it shuts off in the heat of a match.
Are you connecting by optical or just the headset adapter for the game audio?

Hmm...I would assume if you were using optical and the headset wire is plugged in. It should stay on, cause the 2010 mixamp I had would not stay on if the the headset wire was not plugged in.

Only thing I can think of is updating the firmware for your A50s and/or configuring the Xbox one audio settings in the optical setting and setting it to "bitstream out"

I currently am using the 2013 mixamp with my A40s. Friends have been saying there is like a buzz when I chat, was a little better tonight, but still noticeable.

Supposedly, Astro is working on the issue with a firmware update, some have said hard resetting the xbox should fix it. We will see though.

Couldn't find one anywhere, just broke down and bought the turtle beache Xo seven. They're really nice and for 111 I can't complain. Still though, I don't need 4 headsets.

What is the best headset you all advise? I want a really nice headset for my new Xbox One, currently have some old turtle Beach X41.....what do you recommend?

Anyone using this headset adapter with the Turtle Beach XP Seven headset? I have it properly set up, but I can't hear anyone or they can't hear me. Please PM me.

Hmm...I would assume if you were using optical and the headset wire is plugged in. It should stay on, cause the 2010 mixamp I had would not stay on if the the headset wire was not plugged in.

Only thing I can think of is updating the firmware for your A50s and/or configuring the Xbox one audio settings in the optical setting and setting it to "bitstream out"

I currently am using the 2013 mixamp with my A40s. Friends have been saying there is like a buzz when I chat, was a little better tonight, but still noticeable.

Supposedly, Astro is working on the issue with a firmware update, some have said hard resetting the xbox should fix it. We will see though.
-nvm-

What is the best headset you all advise? I want a really nice headset for my new Xbox One, currently have some old turtle Beach X41.....what do you recommend?
Budget?

I at first wanted to go with the Sony Gold headset, but now I will be using the adapter with a set of cans - Philips Fidelio X1 paired with the V-Moda boom mic. This way I can use it on my computer that is amped up as well since I game on both PC and consoles. This gives me superb audio and versatility. This though is a little more, about $260 total for this set up.

Yeah I have all the firmware updates and everything is set up properly. A mod on the Astro forum said to try setting my headset to Game audio only .. and for some reason that worked. I knew I tried that the night before and it still shut off, so I don't know if that's the actual fix or if the hard reset I did fixed it. I guess I'll find out when I play Titanfall later this evening.

If you are in the Pinecrest/Dadeland Area of Miami I am probably going to return my in-store purchase in the next few days since I got it cheaper ordering it online with the Power Gig game that gave me 15% off the accessory.

If somebody really wants it I may be able to ship it for price+shipping if I get time in the next few days.

I got the MS stereo headset and I think it's decent. I have a pair of X12 and they are better than those. Maybe I expected them to be horrible because all of the negative comments I have been reading but I'd say they are definitely worth around $40 + the adapter. I got them for 15% off at BB and that's only because I wanted them for Titanfall but I am sure you'll probably be able to get them for $40-$50 during a sale. I've heard about people getting "shocked" by them but I have not had that problem so far. Let's see how the hold up over time. 

Budget?

I at first wanted to go with the Sony Gold headset, but now I will be using the adapter with a set of cans - Philips Fidelio X1 paired with the V-Moda boom mic. This way I can use it on my computer that is amped up as well since I game on both PC and consoles. This gives me superb audio and versatility. This though is a little more, about $260 total for this set up.
Could spend up to $500, but I like say ~200-350? I will be using mainly for Xbox One, however I do game on other consoles and my PC

Have been keeping an eye out, asking at Gamestops and looking at Best Buy's when I can to see if I can snag the adapter.  I actually bought the $25 mono headset when I bought another controller, since the adapter wasn't available.  If I had realized the stereo headset had it, I'd have probably done that. But as I own two Turtle Beach wireless units, I'm anxious to get a headset adapter for my third controller that has no headset otherwise.

If you are willing to spend some money I would say the Astro A50s. They retail for $300 but you can find them at $250 during sales and such. Easily the best sound amongst headsets. I've owned a pair of Tritton AX720s and while they were decent I still think they lacked deep rich sound.

If you want a wireless headset you can't really beat the Astro A50s. If you prefer a wired then go with the Astro A40s which retail at $250 but you can find them around $200 if you are lucky. In either case, the headsets are compatible across all platforms and with the adapter you can finally use the mic with the Xbox One. Astro is also pushing out an update within the week to improve mic quality with the Xbox One.

I got the MS stereo headset and I think it's decent. I have a pair of X12 and they are better than those. Maybe I expected them to be horrible because all of the negative comments I have been reading but I'd say they are definitely worth around $40 + the adapter. I got them for 15% off at BB and that's only because I wanted them for Titanfall but I am sure you'll probably be able to get them for $40-$50 during a sale. I've heard about people getting "shocked" by them but I have not had that problem so far. Let's see how the hold up over time.
That was me that was shocked. I tried again and no shocks yet. My friends said I sounded quiet though. I was thinking of picking up an adapter and use my X11 TB's. Still debating what to do. Not sure if the MS headset is worth my $50+ premium.

bread's done
Back