PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Ok now i finally got it to work. After you get the error message when you go to pick your free game in the ps store, then you have to go to account management and then services and spam it about 6-7 times.
Infamous, Stardust, Killzone, and LBP psp

[quote name='uncle5555']A few Quick questions

1 ) To those getting PSP games, did you have to register your system to be able to access them or can you do it from the PS3 store (or do I have to get them from the PC/PSP store?)

2 ) Frisky, any word when Outland is coming to the US store? It's on the UK store, but it's the full game in demo form that unlocks via unlock key, and I don't want to have to D/L it twice since it'll take me more than a little while to get it again.[/QUOTE]
You can get them from any of the three stores.

No.

Got everything with multiple accounts. Only problem was with my EU account. It didn't show any PSP games at all. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I was reading the Welcome Back sign in the EU Store and it only talks about the free PS3 games and 30 day PS+. So I'm assuming the only way to get the EU PSP games is to log into the PSP Store with your EU account.

Also, we will be able to get and active the 30 days PS+ later correct? There's nothing in the PS+ store I care for now, so I'd like to wait til next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister and I went in together and got everything except LBP PS3, which is fine because we own the disc based version, and it was the only thing we had from the list previously(lucky me!). Only thing I have downloaded and installed in full is Wipeout. I tried playing it but there's a patch. The patch is just as finicky as the store it seems, as I get to 3-5% done and kicks me out. So, there's the next step in this frustration. Now that I have the game, I still can't play it. LOL this is gonna be a long grind.

Seems like it takes 2-3 attempts before I can get something to start downloading on my end. I'm impressed with the movie choices. I heard Final Fantasy was a really good movie.

Decided to start with the demos before I go with game downloads. Coming from someone who didn't like the first Infamous, is Infamous 2 worth trying?

Had a strange error, got in on my current US account, added inFamous and LBP, logged into my EU account and added Dead Nation and Ratchet & Clank, went into my old unused US account from back when I had my first PS3 years ago. Was able to add Wipout Bundle, but when I clicked my second choice, Stardust, I got the error page.

Went into account management/services, and it shows my second game as being already added, no option to pick one, but Stardust isn't in my active DL queue.

Any ideas?

And a quick question for the UK Plus folks. The free plus avatars and themes...I only see two themes, Dragon and City, and five creature avatars. Is this it for the free UK avatars/themes?

I'm having problems getting patches in general for anything. Both wipeout and stardust won't update when i try to play them. I tried grabbing an old disc off the shelf that needed patching, and it goes half way, then the time ticks upwards the wrong way, gets to over an hour, then logs me out and gives an error. Think this is related or unrelated to the traffic? Anyone else ever have this problem before? Also, if it persists, is there a way to get the updates on the internet and put them on a USB drive, like with system updates? Just thought I'd ask, in case anyone has any suggestions. Until then, I'll just chalk it up as busy servers.

Edit: Nevermind...I kept getting DLNA media server errors, so I went into the settings and turned off the media server connection thing and now they all work fine. I never had that problem until I got my system repaired by Sony and it came back with default settings and the media thing was turned on.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm impressed with the movie choices. [/QUOTE]
LOL what? Two old movies and a crummy CGI movie are impressive choices? I guess I was hoping to have at least a few more to pick from, and maybe something from this century.

Anyone know how they are comping devs, is it a flat rate or downloads? I would put dead nation on multiple accounts if they get increased payments

[quote name='redline']LOL what? Two old movies and a crummy CGI movie are impressive choices? I guess I was hoping to have at least a few more to pick from, and maybe something from this century.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was kinda curious as to why they chose those 3 movies though yeah ill dl ghost busters and i may dl ff to see what it looks like on a hd tv ( the only time ive seen it was a sd tv). im hoping if the eu and jap stores put up free movies too maybe they will have a better selection. speaking of ghostbusters damn that game is boring. its cool they were able to bring it to a game but its meh.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Got everything with multiple accounts. Only problem was with my EU account. It didn't show any PSP games at all. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I was reading the Welcome Back sign in the EU Store and it only talks about the free PS3 games and 30 day PS+. So I'm assuming the only way to get the EU PSP games is to log into the PSP Store with your EU account.

Also, we will be able to get and active the 30 days PS+ later correct? There's nothing in the PS+ store I care for now, so I'd like to wait til next month.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this too. I wish I knew this before I picked my first 2 PSP games. Ahh well- can't win em all!

After numerous errors finally got my 2 free games and activated The Ps+ on my first account. Now on to download the 2 free games on my second account. Probably wont activate the free month of Ps+ up until the end so maybe i could get an extra month of it haha. Overall pretty happy with this Welcome Back Packaged.

Got my first game successfully, then accidentally backed out of the screen to choose my second one and I can't get back to it (it's disappeared as if I downloaded a second game)... any ideas how to get back to that screen so I can choose my second game?

Looks like its going to be Super Stardust & InFamous for me, considering I'm not a fan of games like Wipeout and Dead Nation just isn't my style (top down shooter). Not my favorite choices, but I guess we have no other options haha. Although I would certainly add in LittleBigPlanet if I didn't already have it.

P.S. I have skimmed the thread but haven't seen a certain answer as to how we activate the PS+?....

Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotion

You should be able to download it if it says "Remaining: 1" when you click on a certain game.

[quote name='WiiNet']Got my first game successfully, then accidentally backed out of the screen to choose my second one and I can't get back to it (it's disappeared as if I downloaded a second game)... any ideas how to get back to that screen so I can choose my second game?[/QUOTE]

See if it is listed in your download history.

Huzzah, got my free Infamous, Dead Nation, LBP PSP, and Modnation Racers PSP. For all the hassle, I think things are pretty much square right now. Yeah, I'd like the store to run faster at the moment but I don't need miracles. Free games for all.

A few questions:

1) Do we get to keep anything besides purchased games once our PS+ runs out? Add-ons? Themes?

2) Does LBP DLC ever go on sale to subscribers?

and

3) Do third-party PSOne games ever go on sale? Badly want SotN and FFVII, but not at ten bucks.

Overall, this whole thing is a pretty lame advertisement for PS +, Infamous 2, LBP 2, Super Star Dust NGP, etc. Typical Sony.

does anyone know if plus starts from the moment the program starts or from the moment you activate it? I figured I might as well wait if I can =p

[quote name='admiralvic']does anyone know if plus starts from the moment the program starts or from the moment you activate it? I figured I might as well wait if I can =p[/QUOTE]

You have until July 3rd to activate.

Here's a faq from the PS Blog. They pretty much answer a lot of the questions a lot of ppl are askin'.

[quote name='NovaKane']You have until July 3rd to activate.

Here's a faq from the PS Blog. They pretty much answer a lot of the questions a lot of ppl are askin'.[/QUOTE]

perfect thats what I thought

[quote name='tototheexplorer']A few questions:

1) Do we get to keep anything besides purchased games once our PS+ runs out? Add-ons? Themes?
[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing.

From the FAQ:
"Q: Do I get to keep the games in PlayStation Plus forever?
A: Content that is free in PlayStation Plus will not be available after your PlayStation Plus time has expired. However, if you decide to join PlayStation Plus, you’ll have access to all of the content you downloaded during your 30 day access for as long as you are a subscriber."

Short answer: No.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']A few questions:

2) Does LBP DLC ever go on sale to subscribers?

and

3) Do third-party PSOne games ever go on sale? Badly want SotN and FFVII, but not at ten bucks.

Overall, this whole thing is a pretty lame advertisement for PS +, Infamous 2, LBP 2, Super Star Dust NGP, etc. Typical Sony.[/QUOTE]
Themes + avatars yes

Sometimes PSOne games go on sale, I picked up Symphony of the Night when it was on sale for $5 awhile ago. I think it might have been because Castlevania: Lord of Shadows was released.

[quote name='Just-Joe']Well I got Dead Nation and now I'm wondering what other game to get.[/QUOTE]
Super Stardust HD
I'm loving it with every fiber of my being. :)

So question, do LBP and Infamous in the EU store (once downloaded) count as separate games from the retail versions of US games?

I have a account that qualifies for the Welcome Back Package. I'm never going to use it so i thought i would give it to someone who will. If your interested just send me a PM.

EDIT:

GONE

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That's a good question, you're asking so you can trophy boost, I'm guessing? I think they do, I don't know for sure though.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't call it Trophy Boosting, but that's not what I'm asking. I just don't want another Trophy list to hunt.

EDIT:
Just found out that they don't stack, so I'm safe.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Looks like its going to be Super Stardust & InFamous for me, considering I'm not a fan of games like Wipeout and Dead Nation just isn't my style (top down shooter)..[/QUOTE]

SSHD is a top-down shooter too, so you probably don't want that either. DeadNation is more an isometric top-down view, like Diablo. Maybe thats what you meant.

I keep getting an error message (#80710D36) whenever I try and sign-in. I already changed my password via my PC like they asked me to. Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?

[quote name='ajh2298']I keep getting an error message (#80710D36) whenever I try and sign-in. I already changed my password via my PC like they asked me to. Does anybody know what i might be doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

I was getting that too. Just keep trying, it's still being hammered.

[quote name='ROB64']Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotion

You should be able to download it if it says "Remaining: 1" when you click on a certain game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I got a bit excited and went to get my 2 free games and picked my first one and got to the download screen and then decided to back out and download it later.
It took the free game 1 option away and acted as if I had downloaded it but showed nothing in my history. It was a poor decision but I decided I would rather try and watch free ghostbusters which I did and it was awesome. I now have my free game 1 downloading as well as free game 2 qued.

[quote name='woodcan']Welcome to PSN[/QUOTE]

More like, Welcome to PSN during an odd time when millions of people are all downloading multiple free games and movies that are each several gigs.

Hmmm. I just tried my Europe account and it says I already redeemed my free games. o.o

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it was just being glitchy.

I've gotten e-mails from Twitter and Amazon in the past couple days saying I have to change my password. Has anyone else gotten e-mails like these?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've gotten e-mails from Twitter and Amazon in the past couple days saying I have to change my password. Has anyone else gotten e-mails like these?[/QUOTE]

No. Though I tend to update my passwords every 3 months.

[quote name='mwynn']No. Though I tend to update my passwords every 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Well, I had just changed my password for Amazon the night before I got the e-mail.

The e-mail said:
At Amazon we take your security and privacy very seriously. As part of our routine monitoring, we discovered a list of email address and password sets posted online. While the list was not Amazon-related, we know that many customers reuse their passwords on several websites. We believe your email address and password set was on that list. So we have taken the precaution of resetting your Amazon password. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but felt that it was necessary to help protect you and your Amazon account.

I posted this in the other PSN thread but havent received a reply yet so I'm going to ask here also:

"Maybe someone can help me out here. I have a american account (which I've already downloaded my 2 games with) but I also have a EU account that I've used with my PSP. I'm trying to log into that account on my PS3 and I keep getting a message telling me I cannot access a different account on my console. What am I doing wrong here?"

bread's done
Back