PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Chadt74']Anyone DLed the R&C game (from EU)? that looks like 4GBs, that could take forever![/QUOTE]

I did, it's 3.1 gb. It's a short but enjoyable game. I'd get it if you want to bridge the gap for the story between Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. I downloaded Wipeout, Dead Nation, R & C, and Super Stardust as my free games.. I liked them all except for Super Stardust. Already had Infamous and LBP on disc.

Also had a much easier time of it today (though I started my downloads at about 2AM PST). Got Dead Nation and Infamous, not sure when I'll redeem the PS+ 30 days.

Anyone with a Japanese PSN account get their account reset?

I try to login to the store but it gives me the message that I need to reset my password, but I haven't received an email to do it and I can't access my account management.

EDIT: nevermind. It let me change the password today.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many free games do the EU and JP get

And how do we get the home items

I already have LBP & Infamous so I downloaded Dead Nation & Wipeout. Neither I really care about, but they were free so meh.

I also had tokens for 2 PSP games, I had an original PSP when they first came out for awhile in 2005 and haven't had one in at least 5 years, but I downloaded LBP and MNR to my PS3 in case I ever get another PSP (doubtful).

[quote name='starmask2k3']
And how do we get the home items[/QUOTE]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/04/playstation-home-welcome-back-package-details/

100 virtual items: The 100 free virtual items package will be available starting today from the Central Plaza kiosk. This huge package includes popular clothing and furniture items and has been made possible thanks to our 3rd Party partners – including Lockwood Publishing, Heavy Water, Codeglue, Konami, Mass Media, Digital Leisure, LOOT, and Hellfire Games.

Guys, I got a question. For those who already activated their Allclear Identity theft protection, what info did it ask you? Did it ask you for your social security #, Bday etc.?
Also what's the fine print if there's any? is it auto renew? Thanks. I already got the activation code a couple of days ago.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Guys, I got a question. For those who already activated their Allclear Identity theft protection, what info did it ask you? Did it ask you for your social security #, Bday etc.?
Also what's the fine print if there's any? is it auto renew? Thanks. I already got the activation code a couple of days ago.[/QUOTE]

You are required to submit name, birthday, address, one contact number and a contact email.

According to the fine print, there is no auto renew. The auto renew is disabled when the coverage is purchased on your behalf, in this case by Sony.

Also, to answer an earlier question, I download R+C in about three hours at around midnight Pacific one or two nights ago.

For those that have already downloaded their free games; do they appear in your download history so that you can download them to a second system? Wondering if I can have it on both my fat and slim in the house instead of lugging the system between rooms.

[quote name='halfbent']For those that have already downloaded their free games; do they appear in your download history so that you can download them to a second system? Wondering if I can have it on both my fat and slim in the house instead of lugging the system between rooms.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can download it on up to 5 PS3s. They show up in your download history.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']You are required to submit name, birthday, address, one contact number and a contact email.

According to the fine print, there is no auto renew. The auto renew is disabled when the coverage is purchased on your behalf, in this case by Sony.

Also, to answer an earlier question, I download R+C in about three hours at around midnight Pacific one or two nights ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I tried to sign up but I was surprise that it's asking for your email password too. Do you use the email that was tied to your psn account?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I'm leaving my PS3 on all night so it can download the two free PS3 games.:roll: Oh well. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long since I won't be at the pc drawing away bandwidth by surfing the internet.[/QUOTE]
Alright. Apparently I shoulda checked the options in the power save settings menus BEFORE attempting to leave the PS3 on overnight to download the free games, as I came back downstairs to check their progress this morning and the auto shutoff after 2 hours was still checked.:bomb:

Oh well. Dead Nation has finally finished downloading and I'm about 41% done on LBP. That ought to take till around 6pm tonight.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. Apparently I shoulda checked the options in the power save settings menus BEFORE attempting to leave the PS3 on overnight to download the free games, as I came back downstairs to check their progress this morning and the auto shutoff after 2 hours was still checked.:bomb:

Oh well. Dead Nation has finally finished downloading and I'm about 41% done on LBP. That ought to take till around 6pm tonight.[/QUOTE]
Just go to shut it down, check off the box shut down after downloads and it's all good.

Already got InFamous and always heard great things about LittleBigPlanet, but I've got a few questions about it:

Is the LBP offered the GOTY version or standard? If standard, is it worth just getting this version or continuing to look for a deal on GOTY like I've been doing recently and using this offer to get two of the other three games free? How big is the download? My 60GB HD is severely full. Should I replace my HD BEFORE getting these freebies, ie; will they transfer to a new HD or be locked?

Thanks.

How do gamesaves and ps+ full game trials work?
If I have an existing save game, and download the full game trial, will it delete/replace the existing save, or otherwise force me to start a new game?

And if it uses the existing game save, does that mean having multiple accounts (and therefore multiple temp ps+ accounts) allows chaining the full game trial hours?

[quote name='vherub']How do gamesaves and ps+ full game trials work?
If I have an existing save game, and download the full game trial, will it delete/replace the existing save, or otherwise force me to start a new game?

And if it uses the existing game save, does that mean having multiple accounts (and therefore multiple temp ps+ accounts) allows chaining the full game trial hours?[/QUOTE]

It works like any other save for any other game. If you have an active save you can use it as normal. As for the game trials the clock starts as soon as you start the game.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Already got InFamous and always heard great things about LittleBigPlanet, but I've got a few questions about it:

Is the LBP offered the GOTY version or standard? If standard, is it worth just getting this version or continuing to look for a deal on GOTY like I've been doing recently and using this offer to get two of the other three games free? How big is the download? My 60GB HD is severely full. Should I replace my HD BEFORE getting these freebies, ie; will they transfer to a new HD or be locked?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LBP is the regular version. I guess the only major item on the GotY edition is the MGS level pack - the rest are just costumes and stuff. I think the MGS pack is $6 on PSN, so consider that your difference in "worth" between the regular and GotY. If you can find the GotY for $10 or so, then maybe that is worth getting over the free PSN download.

I tired to download it the other day and forgot what size it was. It didn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be. I want to say 4GB? I know Infamous was 7GB though! My 150GB HD was very full - had to delete all the Qore episodes I had from PS+ ;).

I don't know anything about replacing hard drives - but I do know that once you "purchase" the free welcome back download it is tied to your account just like any other purchase. So you can redownload it at any time. It is most definitely not tied to your HD.

What you can do right now is just do the purchase but not even download the games yet. Then replace your HD and download them. Once you purchase them you can download at any time later. Just check to make sure the game is in your transaction history.

[quote name='io']LBP is the regular version. I guess the only major item on the GotY edition is the MGS level pack - the rest are just costumes and stuff. I think the MGS pack is $6 on PSN, so consider that your difference in "worth" between the regular and GotY. If you can find the GotY for $10 or so, then maybe that is worth getting over the free PSN download.

I tired to download it the other day and forgot what size it was. It didn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be. I want to say 4GB? I know Infamous was 7GB though! My 150GB HD was very full - had to delete all the Qore episodes I had from PS+ ;).

I don't know anything about replacing hard drives - but I do know that once you "purchase" the free welcome back download it is tied to your account just like any other purchase. So you can redownload it at any time. It is most definitely not tied to your HD.

What you can do right now is just do the purchase but not even download the games yet. Then replace your HD and download them. Once you purchase them you can download at any time later. Just check to make sure the game is in your transaction history.[/QUOTE]
All you need to replace your stock PS3 HDD is a 2.5" SATA laptop drive that's running at a max 5400rpm's. Of course, the larger the HDD, the larger the amount the system reserves for some reason.:roll:

Heck. You could even buy one of those 'external' ones from Target on clearance for $35 as long as the hdd in it is as listed above.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']All you need to replace your stock PS3 HDD is a 2.5" SATA laptop drive that's running at a max 5400rpm's. Of course, the larger the HDD, the larger the amount the system reserves for some reason.:roll:

Heck. You could even buy one of those 'external' ones from Target on clearance for $35 as long as the hdd in it is as listed above.;)[/QUOTE]

What 'external' are you exactly referring to? I am currently looking for one and if I could get it for $35 I would be a very happy CAG.

[quote name='iHack']What 'external' are you exactly referring to? I am currently looking for one and if I could get it for $35 I would be a very happy CAG.[/QUOTE]
There were a couple on clearance at Target, but this may have been a while ago. I believe one was 500gb and there may have been a more recent one that was 1TB that hit clearance.

I know it was at least 2-3 weeks ago when I saw them at a Target I stopped at.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There were a couple on clearance at Target, but this may have been a while ago. I believe one was 500gb and there may have been a more recent one that was 1TB that hit clearance.

I know it was at least 2-3 weeks ago when I saw them at a Target I stopped at.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Do you know what price range they were and where you found them in the store?

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Thanks.

I tried to sign up but I was surprise that it's asking for your email password too. Do you use the email that was tied to your psn account?[/QUOTE]

Thats not for your email password. Its just asking you to create a password for accessing their protection stuff. The last time I had one of these, they would send out an alert and then you just have to login to check on the alert and specify if it requires further protective action.

I did use the same email as I used for my PSN though, but that was just because I like to keep separate accounts for separate things. I dont know if they would have a problem with signing up using a different email.

inFamous has Finally finished downloading. Just waiting on LBP and Ratchet & Clank and I'll have all of the free PS3 games. Then starts the free month of Burnout Paradise download...yay.

I am going to wait till I see really good PSN+ stuff that I'm interested in then I'll activate it. I got all the games free thanks to my duo accounts and a friend who I game-shared with. I had to delete a bunch of ps1 games that were game-shared though but it wasn't too bad since I beat them all already. I have 12GBs left on my 80GB (I think the biggest content is probably RockBand DLC which is 582 songs), I would like to buy a bigger hard drive in the future though. CAGs if you want to play any game online with me add me with your CAG NAME. I'm: l_200STM_l

I ended up getting Wipeout and LBP. I already owner Wipeout, but never got the Fury DLC. I also owned LBP, but I took the DD version and Gamestopped my disc version for $9 thansk to their 50% promotion.

I also grabbed R&C from the UK store. I havent picked the second game for that account yet. I also have an HK account and a JP account I am waiting on.

Not sure if you guys have covered this but if you have a EU account the Magic The Gathering game which can be had for free using Plus does not have an expiration date.

Ugh, wish i had an UK account. Either way, i FINALLY remembered my Japanese PSN info. (Is Japan PSN region locked now though?)

By any chance, if you make an account now. Can you still get the stuff? XD. Not sure if anyone tried it yet

[quote name='dgwillia006']
By any chance, if you make an account now. Can you still get the stuff? XD. Not sure if anyone tried it yet[/QUOTE]

It says only accounts made before April 20th 2011 are eligible for the Welcome Back package.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There were a couple on clearance at Target, but this may have been a while ago. I believe one was 500gb and there may have been a more recent one that was 1TB that hit clearance.

I know it was at least 2-3 weeks ago when I saw them at a Target I stopped at.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Which target was that? Just curious.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Which target was that? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
I believe that was the Dickson City one. I was tempted to check for Vanquish tomorrow morning sometime to see if it's dropped, but knowing the Targets round here it's likely still $20 or whatever it was last time I checked.:cry:

Super Stardust and Dead Nation for me. I don't know anyone with a PSP sadly.

LBP wasn't my thing and beat Infamous at launch so the big boys had no chance. Dead Nation I actually wanted to buy before PSN went down but I never had bought a Prepaid card yet, score!! :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe that was the Dickson City one. I was tempted to check for Vanquish tomorrow morning sometime to see if it's dropped, but knowing the Targets round here it's likely still $20 or whatever it was last time I checked.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. Not really worth a drive for me since it's only going to be maybe a $10 savings compared to if I got one off Newegg (if they actually did have them).

Tried Little Big Planet. I can tell this is not my game. I mean I love 2D platformers, but this 3D plane of movement has been annoying me. At least it was free. I should of got Dead Nation instead when I think about it but oh well. Maybe I will like it better if I keep playing it.

Got LBP last night - a little over 2 GB downloaded in about an hour. I'll get the demos for Wipeout and Stardust to decide between those, I guess.

I decided to go with Wipeout HD (bundle) and Dead Nation. I already own inFamous and LBP on disc, and the demo for Super Stardust HD didn't blow my skirt up.

So far I picked up Infamous. The other game I have not done yet. I have Little Big Planet on disc so I am not sure which of the other 3 games I would want/play.

I don't have a PSP so I don't think I will be using those.

[quote name='lordopus99']So far I picked up Infamous. The other game I have not done yet. I have Little Big Planet on disc so I am not sure which of the other 3 games I would want/play.

I don't have a PSP so I don't think I will be using those.[/QUOTE]

Redeem the PSP ones anyways. You might get a PS Vita, and you'll be able to play it on that.

I picked up inFamous and LBP. Played a little LBP, not a game I would of bought but I have to say I'm enjoying it so far.

Picked up Infamous, Dead Nation, LBP PSP and I think Pursuit Force because I didn't really care about that extra PSP pick.

Picked up Infamous and Wipeout HD on my US account and R&C: Quest for Booty and Dead Nation on my UK one.

Played some Wipeout last night, must say the game is awesome.

I picked up Wipeout and Dead nation. I have a few GameShare accounts on my system, so maybe I will get the others. Although, I already have Infamous and LBP on disc (and LBP2), so not sure if I want to waste my HDD space.

I have been playing LBP with my 2 year old son and we've been enjoying the game tremendously. He loves Ryu from Street Fighter, so I bought the Ryu sackboy for him. I didn't really expect my son to take to the game so much, but I'm really happy with the game.

I also got Infamous, but I haven't had time to play it yet.

After trying the demo for Wipeout and Super Stardust, I picked up Stardust. Wipeout looked nice but just didn't do anything for me. Haven't tried LBP yet but I mainly got it to play with my 4 year old son, so glad it's working out for y'all rcs0926!

That new update blocked my psp from playing my 3rd and 4th free psp games so i guess i will have to share them with myself. Its funny though because it didn't block my 3rd free ps3 game, LBP and i was on my main account while i downloaded most of it. If anyone hasn't picked yet i stronly reccomend modnation racers and lbp on psp and infamous and LBP on ps3. Wipeout is awesome too but not so much if you aren't quick. Modnation racers on psp seems to be way better than most reviews made it out to be and had a strong presentation which is the opposite of what lamo IGN said in their review.

bread's done
Back