PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

I picked up Dead Nation, Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD and then Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty from a generous CAG.

i got ripped off from my 2nd free psp game. im using Media Go and i downloaded killzone and then when i clicked the “Welcome Back Free PSP® Game 2” it just disappeared. now when i click the welcome back tab theres nothing there.

Try the instructions in the OP or in my signature to see if that fixes your problem, assuming you have a PS3. I am not sure if there is an equivalent way to do this in Media Go.

[quote name='sublime90']i got ripped off from my 2nd free psp game. im using Media Go and i downloaded killzone and then when i clicked the “Welcome Back Free PSP® Game 2” it just disappeared. now when i click the welcome back tab theres nothing there.[/QUOTE]

Are you able to access your "Transaction Management" within Media Go?

The same problem happened to me via my PS3, and I found this.

1. Exit the PlayStation Store.
  2. From the XMB, select [PlayStation Store] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] > [Services List] > [SCEA Promotion].
  3. Select "Welcome Back free PS3 Game 1", "Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 2", "Welcome Back Free PSP Game 1", or "Welcome Back Free PSP Game 2" (which ever product has remaining uses).
  4. Select "Select Content" button and select your game.
This may or may not apply to PSP / Media Go users.

I decided on Wipeout HD and Dead Nation for PS3 and Modnation Racers for PSP. I already own the other PSP games so I am having a hard time deciding which of the other three I should DL. I am leaning towards LBP.

[quote name='flybrione']I decided on Wipeout HD and Dead Nation for PS3 and Modnation Racers for PSP. I already own the other PSP games so I am having a hard time deciding which of the other three I should DL. I am leaning towards LBP.[/QUOTE]

Choose whichever PSP title you think other people would be the most interested in, and visit the PSN gameshares thread. ;)

I own LBP GOTY. Is it possible to transfer this content over to the downloadable LBP? I've tried importing my profile and while my costume shows up (along with my completed levels), none of my bonus levels appear.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I own LBP GOTY. Is it possible to transfer this content over to the downloadable LBP? I've tried importing my profile and while my costume shows up (along with my completed levels), none of my bonus levels appear.[/QUOTE]
Is the GOTY content on disc, or did it come as a code? In my experience, GOTY discs with content on them doesn't translate over to the vanilla version (ex. Dragon Age Origins to Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition).

[quote name='nbballard']Is the GOTY content on disc, or did it come as a code? In my experience, GOTY discs with content on them doesn't translate over to the vanilla version (ex. Dragon Age Origins to Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition).[/QUOTE]

On disc.

I could have sworn I read someone on these very forums was able to transfer the content over however. If not, I just screwed myself by getting LBP as my free game...

[quote name='mtxbass1']On disc.

I could have sworn I read someone on these very forums was able to transfer the content over however. If not, I just screwed myself by getting LBP as my free game...[/QUOTE]

I want to say one of the mods tried it (sp00ge maybe) and although the content appeared, when he tried to access the GOTY stuff it was a no go.

[quote name='benjamouth']I want to say one of the mods tried it (sp00ge maybe) and although the content appeared, when he tried to access the GOTY stuff it was a no go.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't me. I actually just tried and the outfits show up, but when you try to use them it pops up a message saying you don't own the item.

[quote name='sp00ge']Wasn't me. I actually just tried and the outfits show up, but when you try to use them it pops up a message saying you don't own the item.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok sorry Sp00ger, but you've gotten exactly the same result as the person who I remember talking about it.

Looks like it can't be done.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahh ok sorry Sp00ger, but you've gotten exactly the same result as the person who I remember talking about it.

Looks like it can't be done.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

[quote name='sp00ge']Wasn't me. I actually just tried and the outfits show up, but when you try to use them it pops up a message saying you don't own the item.[/QUOTE]

It is now. ;)

/self-fulfilling prophecy

[quote name='nCogNeato']It is now. ;)

/self-fulfilling prophecy[/QUOTE]

And a chill filled the room....

I still haven't decided on my other PS3 game or either PSP game. I was going to get Killzone PSP, but I actually found a complete copy at the flea market last weekend for $3.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='sp00ge']And a chill filled the room....

I still haven't decided on my other PS3 game or either PSP game. I was going to get Killzone PSP, but I actually found a complete copy at the flea market last weekend for $3.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

LBP for PSP is the best of the group.

I picked up MNR and havent liked it so far. It might be because I dont play many cart racers, but the controls seem off. The customization stuff has been really cool. I owned Pursuit Force for awhile and its really fun for the first few levels, but towards the end the difficulty gets pretty frustrating. So of the two, I would probably recommend MNR, but its a thin margin.

I snagged Infamous and Dead Nation.

I am having a lot of fun with Infamous. Just moving through the city and climbing buildings is too much fun. I am starting to get a better handle on the combat system and how to approach large groups of enemies.
I am currently on an evil, hard play-through. If time allows, I could see myself replaying as a hero to collect the other trophies. I really am enjoying this game that much.

I fired up Dead Nation co-op last night with the girlfriend on braindead. She is having a lot of fun with the flamethrower and she is honestly a much better aim than I anticipated. I look forward to finishing the co-op story and snagging a gold trophy with her help.

Overall, I am very pleased with the games provided.

[quote name='sp00ge']I still haven't decided on my other PS3 game or either PSP game. I was going to get Killzone PSP, but I actually found a complete copy at the flea market last weekend for $3.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']LBP for PSP is the best of the group.

I picked up MNR and havent liked it so far. It might be because I dont play many cart racers, but the controls seem off. The customization stuff has been really cool. I owned Pursuit Force for awhile and its really fun for the first few levels, but towards the end the difficulty gets pretty frustrating. So of the two, I would probably recommend MNR, but its a thin margin.[/QUOTE]

I'm also finding maikng a PSP choice difficult. Killzone is an easy choice, and probably the best of the bunch, so I picked that so far. But MNR's controls suck (rubber-band physics) and as I'm reading everywhere, Pursuit Force's difficulty gets pretty frustrating. That leaves LBP, but I'm still balking because it lacks multiplayer(?!?). How hard would 2-player add-hoc have been to add?
I'm not complaining, but I just wish Sony would have given us 5 games to choose from for the PSP as they did for the PS3.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm also finding maikng a PSP choice difficult. Killzone is an easy choice, and probably the best of the bunch, so I picked that so far. But MNR's controls suck (rubber-band physics) and as I'm reading everywhere, Pursuit Force's difficulty gets pretty frustrating. That leaves LBP, but I'm still balking because it lacks multiplayer(?!?). How hard would 2-player add-hoc have been to add?
I'm not complaining, but I just wish Sony would have given us 5 games to choose from for the PSP as they did for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
They already made a number of concessions to make it work on PSP, so adding another player would've meant that more downgrades would be needed.

quick question:
i tried to change my password but it says its down for maintenance.
anyone know how long this will go on?

wanna get my games and buy some other stuff

[quote name='adriley313']quick question:
i tried to change my password but it says its down for maintenance.
anyone know how long this will go on?

wanna get my games and buy some other stuff[/QUOTE]

I was getting a lot of 'down for maintenance' messages the past 2 days. I was usually able to continue what was doing within 30 minutes, but I imagine it probably varies by location.

If convicted, it should hopefully resolve what data was stolen. Would be nice to have some closure and peace of mind, even though I'm fairly confident our information is safe at this point.

I'm not happy about these arrests. 3 people out of such a large group is nothing. Most this will do is piss Anonymous off and have them possibly retaliate. I don't want the PSN to have anymore problems.

After reading the article, it seemed like Spain was more interested in getting these guys because they were launching attack on Spanish government websites and Spanish banks. The fact that they found a computer that was used to attack PSN was just a bonus. Sony didn't seem involved much, if at all.

[quote name='adriley313']how log is the site gonna be down for maintenance
i may just call them[/QUOTE]

The site you're looking at is never up, to change your password you need an email with a link in it.

You can get one by hitting the "Forgot Password" button on the login screen on your PS3.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm not happy about these arrests. 3 people out of such a large group is nothing. Most this will do is piss Anonymous off and have them possibly retaliate. I don't want the PSN to have anymore problems.[/QUOTE]
I kinda hope someone does hack em again so we can get more free shit when the service comes back up.;) I was playing some Dead Nation last night(after a 182mb update:bomb:) and it's pretty fun. It reminds me a lot of Smash TV for some reason though.

Was finally able to activate and DL some stuff earlier. All I can say is: wow, people pay for PSN+? The free content is a joke and after raping the store for everything free I could find (content that expires after 30 days excluded), I feel ripped off. I want my time back lol.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm also finding maikng a PSP choice difficult. Killzone is an easy choice, and probably the best of the bunch, so I picked that so far. But MNR's controls suck (rubber-band physics) and as I'm reading everywhere, Pursuit Force's difficulty gets pretty frustrating. That leaves LBP, but I'm still balking because it lacks multiplayer(?!?). How hard would 2-player add-hoc have been to add?
I'm not complaining, but I just wish Sony would have given us 5 games to choose from for the PSP as they did for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Problem is I've read that both Pursuit Force and Killzone get pretty frustrating. They should've included PF's improved (3 year old) sequel instead. The mechanics in MNR do really kinda suck. It's not arcadey enough and it's way to easy to barrel into walls. disagree about LBP though the chances of me finding anyone to ad-hoc with in real life are laughable at best. Nobody I know has a PSP.

If someone can convince me otherwise I might just just get MNR anyway because it's currently costs the most at retail.

[quote name='Jodou']Was finally able to activate and DL some stuff earlier. All I can say is: wow, people pay for PSN+? The free content is a joke and after raping the store for everything free I could find (content that expires after 30 days excluded), I feel ripped off. I want my time back lol.[/QUOTE]

not everything thats been given out to plus subscribers is still in the plus section. ive more than made my investment back 2 or 3 fold with all the games ive gotten for free as well as discounts. what you see in there now isnt what weve all gotten over the subscription period.

I just tried to 'gameshare' one of my alt PSN accounts on my PS3, but apparently the password is something other than the one I remember it being. So now I have to reset it via email to get access to it.

But if this alt account and the second one I have work perfectly once I log them onto my PS3, then I can get all of the PS3 and PSP stuff and at least two free months of PSN+.:lol::evil:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just tried to 'gameshare' one of my alt PSN accounts on my PS3, but apparently the password is something other than the one I remember it being. So now I have to reset it via email to get access to it.

But if this alt account and the second one I have work perfectly once I log them onto my PS3, then I can get all of the PS3 and PSP stuff and at least two free months of PSN+.:lol::evil:[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to reset my password on my alt account and it keeps saying I will receive an e-mail but I have only received it once and then I get "There is a problem resetting your password. Please click the link again or copy and paste the link into an Internet browser."

How come I can't just reset it like my main account? :cry:

[quote name='lokizz']not everything thats been given out to plus subscribers is still in the plus section. ive more than made my investment back 2 or 3 fold with all the games ive gotten for free as well as discounts. what you see in there now isnt what weve all gotten over the subscription period.[/QUOTE]
But you don't own any of those 'free games'. At best PSN+ is a rental service except you have no control over what you get. Sorry, but I see zero value in something like that lol.

I already owned Wipeout HD but downloaded that game because I wanted Fury. It's really good and I haven't played this game in a very long time but two hours went by like it was nothing when I started the Fury tracks. I also got dead nation and did a level of that. I don't think the dual stick setup works for hat game so I guess I'm going to agree with the reviewers who scored it badly.

When does the activation for Playstation + expire? I'm going to wait and see what the next round of freebies are because nothing they offer right now looks good to me. I'll activate it on the last day, I'm just hoping someone here knows what that is.

Edit: Nevermind, the last day to activate anything from the Welcome Back Program is July 3rd. So I'll start my psn + on July 2nd just to be safe.

[quote name='Jodou']But you don't own any of those 'free games'. At best PSN+ is a rental service except you have no control over what you get. Sorry, but I see zero value in something like that lol.[/QUOTE]
Not 100% true. Games like Sam and Max were given "free", I had already the demo and it glitched with them ending up sending me a code for the full release that I'll own forever since it was redeemed via code. It's more a perks service than a rental service. It also helps the service updates twice a month so you can usually grab two sets of free games.

[quote name='Mad39er']Not 100% true. Games like Sam and Max were given "free", I had already the demo and it glitched with them ending up sending me a code for the full release that I'll own forever since it was redeemed via code. It's more a perks service than a rental service.[/QUOTE]
Oh that changes everything. Where do I sign up for the chance games I have no interest in will glitch and be free forever?

[quote name='Jodou']But you don't own any of those 'free games'. At best PSN+ is a rental service except you have no control over what you get. Sorry, but I see zero value in something like that lol.[/QUOTE]

to me its a 50 buck a year rental on top of which i get free stuff i get to keep and discounts. whether i keep the games or not doesnt matter to me which is why i find it funny so many people harp on the " you cant keep the free games" fact. for the price of one game ive gotten access to over 30 some games and i get free dynamic themes and avatars i can keep.

add to that all the betas ive gotten to join in on for free and the service more than pays for itself. i understand some people will never see the value in plus but i do.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh that changes everything. Where do I sign up for the chance games I have no interest in will glitch and be free forever?[/QUOTE]
I don't remember buying a PS2/PSX/SNES and getting any games for free that weren't bundled in with the package. You're already getting more than you paid for. Get real.

[quote name='lokizz']to me its a 50 buck a year rental on top of which i get free stuff i get to keep and discounts. whether i keep the games or not doesnt matter to me which is why i find it funny so many people harp on the " you cant keep the free games" fact. for the price of one game ive gotten access to over 30 some games and i get free dynamic themes and avatars i can keep.

add to that all the betas ive gotten to join in on for free and the service more than pays for itself. i understand some people will never see the value in plus but i do.[/QUOTE]

I always found the simple irony funny. Most people would renew the service if they get free games and not rentals, but if you renew the service while they're still rentals... they will always be free.

on topic though... while plus might not appeal to everyone; when you take it for what it is there is solid value! Assuming you pay 50 and going off the EU version (similar to the US, but I only have a EU one so its easier to remember the freebies.)

For 1 year of plus...

Free copy of LBP (you can keep forever)
24 dynamic themes
Several avatars. Some that are not even out in the US! Like the Patapon 3 freebies.
Discounts on content you might buy like Outland/Beyond good/evil HD.
Red Faction Battlegrounds.
Killzone 3 Map pack 2.
Wipeout HD.
A few beta's.
Socom 4 pro + a map pack.
Sam and Max Complete.
Stacking.
12 PS1 classics.
etc.

I am not really supporting it, but if you're an inactive PSN member its a great deal!

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Just beat Infamous again and I managed to miss 10 shards. Ugh Im never gonna find those dicks....[/QUOTE]

Holy shit your shards are shaped like dicks.. is this a mod you have for the game?

[quote name='bjstucker']Holy shit your shards are shaped like dicks.. is this a mod you have for the game?[/QUOTE]
Wait, your shards aren't shaped like dicks?

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Just beat Infamous again and I managed to miss 10 shards. Ugh Im never gonna find those dicks....[/QUOTE]
Ya, when I was down to only a few shards I printed out a map with shards on it and traveled to each location where there was a shard on the map and crossed off if there wasn't there. Pretty tedious.

[quote name='bjstucker']Holy shit your shards are shaped like dicks.. is this a mod you have for the game?[/QUOTE]

Maybe his dick is shaped like the shards....

Woo hoo. I was able to reset the password for my second PSN account last night, so two more free games for PS3 and PSP and another free month of PSN+ for me.:whee:

Now I just have to 'gameshare' that account onto my PS3 to be able to get the games.

bread's done
Back