PSN in October: Spend $100 Get $20 Back

jwk94

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says, starting in October, if you spend $100+ on the PlayStation Store, you'll receive $20 back credited to your PSN Wallet. Pretty good deal. What are you guys going to get? Thinking about getting the folllowing:

Okami HD - $20
Tokyo Jungle (how is this by the way?) - $15
NFS: MW - $54

and one more game that I can't think of right now lol.

PSN in October: Spend $100 and Get $20 in Return

blog post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Grimm']Just to be safe, I am going to do what thesuzukimethod did and take a screen cap of the Sony Blog where Morgan H said this deal was good until 11:59 PM PST on October 31, 2012.[/QUOTE]

Can you post it as well? In these types of situations its better to be safe than sorry.

check your math, including the .99 at the end (e.g. 19.99 vs. 20.00). I was $1 off and almost spent only $99.89. that would have sucked.
[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Can you post it as well? In these types of situations its better to be safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]
PSN.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpg']Well One Piece is not popular in NA so we are lucky that they released the game over psn.

If u don't show support we may not get other One Piece games.

Next time don't wait till the last minute to use the code?[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't want to show support for over-priced digital downloads. Of course they likely won't get the message and just assume no one cares, but if I buy it for full price for DL then that will be sending the wrong message also. A purchase (new) from Europe will help their numbers, so hopefully at the very least they might continue to get physical releases... and maybe, just maybe, a strong showing for physical game sales in Europe will cause them to try a future physcial release in North America. If it worked on the stubborn Nintendo (who had no intention of releasing Xenoblade Chronicles in N.A. until after a strong European sales effort), then I would expect more out of Sony (who is less dense about these things).

i hit the $100 mark with my first purchase this month =/ I've probably spent closer to 250 after all was said and done...AC3 bundle, Dishonored, Halloween sale? ugh

I picked up -
FFXIII-2 DLC
the 4 Monster World games
Hyperballoid HD
Retro City Rampage
Zen Pinball 2 Monsters Tables
Okami HD
Playstation Plus renewal
Saiyuki : Journey West

for $104.63

[quote name='diishen']Ps+ renew
Okami hd
The Walking Dead season pass
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

All purchased at 2:30am PST Oct 31. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

Thats a whole bunch of win there. I'm glad people are still picking up Clash of Heroes, was my surprise favorite PSN/XBLA game last year. I'm hoping it gets a Vita port so I can buy it a 3rd time.

[quote name='ponn01']Thats a whole bunch of win there. I'm glad people are still picking up Clash of Heroes, was my surprise favorite PSN/XBLA game last year. I'm hoping it gets a Vita port so I can buy it a 3rd time.[/QUOTE]

You know the original was on the DS, right? The 2 screens are a perfect fit for the opposing armies, and its probably pretty cheap now.

[quote name='daminion']Internet outage prevented me from getting in on this deal. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

so your internet was out all month? better switch companies, avon lake, cox or time warner or att?

So when are we supposed to receive the credit to our accounts or email or however Sony is distributing the $20 credit?

I also made all of my purchases yesterday and was hesitant specifically because of it already being Nov 1 in Japan and not seeing the promo on the PS Store anymore; but if they're going to try to pull timezone bullshit on us but still advertise it with no fine print alluding to that and only say "purchases made in October" then that's not going to fly. :twoguns:

Date Purchased

11/01/2012 @ 12:00 AM

$ Spend $ 100 Get $ 20 Back not for me I think, anyway always buy games and spending money on PSN

So from their twitter feed:

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
Update: U.S. users who purchased $100 of PSN content in October will earn their bonus $20 credit between 11/9 and 11/16 via XMB message!

[quote name='riceateme']So from their twitter feed:

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
Update: U.S. users who purchased $100 of PSN content in October will earn their bonus $20 credit between 11/9 and 11/16 via XMB message![/QUOTE]

Okay, I can patiently wait.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']YESSSSS, my plan worked. Got the $40 for spending $100 each on different accounts.[/QUOTE]

lol, thats still spending 200 dollars though, ouch.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']lol, thats still spending 200 dollars though, ouch.[/QUOTE]

Nope, only $120 out of the pocket. :) If I was getting back $40 for $200 I wouldn't even bother haha.

[quote name='aardarf']I don't... get it...[/QUOTE]

He must have had PSN credit I guess. A lot of CAGs consider anything not being spent out of pocket to be a deal...

[quote name='tylerh1701']He must have had PSN credit I guess. A lot of CAGs consider anything not being spent out of pocket to be a deal...[/QUOTE]

I bought a $50 PSN card a month ago and recently bought a $20 game with said credit. I got it for nothing out-of-pocket. It's a great deal because the game was free!

:lol:

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic. But I've seen people say crap like that and they actually believe their game was free. Boggles my mind.

-

This was a nice deal from PSN but I didn't have anything I wanted to buy to total up to $100. Glad a lot of people took advantage of this.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Holding out for ps+ vita sales personally[/QUOTE]

This. Currently I still have $100 in my account, but I don't plan to spend anymore until I find out about this month's Vita PS+ deals.

Got an email about my $20 credit last night but haven't redeemed it yet since I haven't been on the PS3 since early afternoon yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to get yet. I'll probably do like I usually do and wait for games/add-on's I want to be on sale before I buy them unless it's something I really want and know I'll play immediately (except in the case of spending the $100 in Oct since nothing I wanted was on sale at any point :razz:). I may peruse the PS1 Classics just to see if there's anything I want that I've missed. :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Who cares when you guy's get the code? What are you gonna buy with it?[/QUOTE]

Those of us with the ole backlog are waiting to see whats on sale next....

[quote name='tylerh1701']He must have had PSN credit I guess. A lot of CAGs consider anything not being spent out of pocket to be a deal...[/QUOTE]

Amazon (only recently it returned, just in time for this so I took advantage of it with my credit) and Best Buy offer online codes for PSN, no? Trade-in credit can be worked to profit and then have nothing out of pocket. Just what I thought of, at least.

I got an email and a ps3 message last weekend. But the psn message just locked up my unit. However code with the email worked fine. Now I am trying to get psn to fix the fact that it charged me twice for knights into dreams.

bread's done
Back