PSN in October: Spend $100 Get $20 Back

jwk94

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says, starting in October, if you spend $100+ on the PlayStation Store, you'll receive $20 back credited to your PSN Wallet. Pretty good deal. What are you guys going to get? Thinking about getting the folllowing:

Okami HD - $20
Tokyo Jungle (how is this by the way?) - $15
NFS: MW - $54

and one more game that I can't think of right now lol.

PSN in October: Spend $100 and Get $20 in Return

blog post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty much spending all of mine on vita and psp games. also going to get nights into dreams and maybe sonic adventure 2 since ive never played them

[quote name='Decker']The good news is that you're past the "decision point" now; you've already hit $80. You'll end up with the same results whether you spend another $20 or not. You might as well grab something for $20 that you have some sort of interest in because it'll be essentially free for you anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh certainly, would be leaving money on the table to not take advantage at this point. Just would hate to put the money towards something that goes on sale soon. I've considered a good few of the recent Sega games put on the store (SA2, NiGHTS) but as I recall Sega usually has a year end sale... I'll sell myself on something before next week.

finally I hit $100

bought some dumb ass games like Metal gear peace walker $29.99 (retail price is like $4.99 atm)
NLKS DLCs (wow these are most worthless DLCs ever)

other than that well good enough for me.

** edit

you gatta be shitting me
its total $99.86
holy fuck I need $.99 item

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kstyle']finally I hit $100

bought some dumb ass games like Metal gear peace walker $29.99 (retail price is like $4.99 atm)

** edit

you gatta be shitting me
its total $99.86
holy fuck I need $.99 item[/QUOTE]

** edit

you gatta be shitting me
its total $99.86

How did you find the total? I think I'm over $100.

[quote name='Mako1215']How did you find the total? I think I'm over $100.[/QUOTE]

Go to Transaction Management in Account Management and you can see your purchases for a certain period of time.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Go to Transaction Management in Account Management and you can see your purchases for a certain period of time.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Thanks.

I'm over $100 so I'm good.

** edit

you gatta be shitting me
its total $99.86

I don't get it, if you weren't close to $100 why not just save your money?

** edit

you gatta be shitting me
its total $99.86
Peace Walker on Vita I felt was worth 30 dollars even though it is overpriced.

I finally hit $100+.

Here is my line up:
One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) - $49.99
Dokuro (PS Vita) - $19.99
Tokyo Jungle: Complete Animal Character Bundle (PS3 DLC) - $6.99
Odin Sphere (PS2) - $4.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP) - $7.49
Corpse Party (PSP) - $9.99
Wonder Boy in Monster World (PS3) - $1.00
Total: $100.44

Okami HD, here I come! :) (on November 8... ;_; )
Off-topic question: Does anyone else have ridiculously long delete times for Game Data? It took me a whopping 3 minutes to delete my 9 GB game data for Gran Turismo 5! Needed to clear space for One Piece's 11 GB.

[quote name='qwikshake']I finally hit $100+.

Here is my line up:
One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) - $49.99
Dokuro (PS Vita) - $19.99
Tokyo Jungle: Complete Animal Character Bundle (PS3 DLC) - $6.99
Odin Sphere (PS2) - $4.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP) - $7.49
Corpse Party (PSP) - $9.99
Wonder Boy in Monster World (PS3) - $1.00
Total: $100.44

Okami HD, here I come! :) (on November 8... ;_; )
Off-topic question: Does anyone else have ridiculously long delete times for Game Data? It took me a whopping 3 minutes to delete my 9 GB game data for Gran Turismo 5! Needed to clear space for One Piece's 11 GB.[/QUOTE]

Okami HD is gonna be my last $19.99 so no waiting for the coupon for me =D!

[quote name='Slade']Okami HD is gonna be my last $19.99 so no waiting for the coupon for me =D![/QUOTE]
You know, if it weren't for the discounts on the PSP games, I would have made Okami HD my final October purchase, no question.
I played the heck out of the Wii-make, got all 100 Stray Beads, loved every minute of it! I can't wait to see what they did for the PSN exclusive! Let me know if the Move support is any good.

Loaded up my wallet with PSN cards and finished up gathering my $100 (well, $105).

Gathering PSN Funds:
$50 PSN Card from GameStop - paid with GameStop GCs received as survey rewards
$20 PSN Card from GameStop - paid with GameStop GCs received as survey rewards
$10 PSN Card from Best Buy - paid with Best Buy GC
$20 PSN Card from Amazon - paid $17.99 after (now-dead) coupon code [Source]
$5 PSN Wallet Funding - paid via credit card on PS Store

Total Actual $ Spent: $22.99

Purchases:
PS+ 1-year subscription: $49.99
Sonic Adventure 2: $9.99
Dyad: $14.99
Limbo: $14.99
Killzone HD: $14.99

Total PSN Wallet $ Spent: $104.95
TR;DL: Spent $22.99, got $104.95 of PSN stuff

Not exactly the greatest prices on a couple of those, but it's ones I've wanted to get for some time now so I'm content.

[quote name='qwikshake']Off-topic question: Does anyone else have ridiculously long delete times for Game Data? It took me a whopping 3 minutes to delete my 9 GB game data for Gran Turismo 5! Needed to clear space for One Piece's 11 GB.[/QUOTE]
Just deleted RSV2 (7.7GB) off my hard drive and it took about 2 minutes, so that seems about right.

[quote name='qwikshake']You know, if it weren't for the discounts on the PSP games, I would have made Okami HD my final October purchase, no question.
I played the heck out of the Wii-make, got all 100 Stray Beads, loved every minute of it! I can't wait to see what they did for the PSN exclusive! Let me know if the Move support is any good.[/QUOTE]

I would if I had a Move but I don't~

Okami is one of those games I started a few times but never finished because things kept coming up, no excuses now though, I'm definitely going to play through the game all the way this time around.

Well I hope I spent enough got

Doom-35.99(used 3 dollar credit from PSN Play Promotion though)
Revenge of Shinobi-1.00
Music Unlimited Subscription Renewal-9.99(hope this counts)
Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass-29.99
Resident Evil ORC Expansion 1-9.99
Resident Evil ORC Expansion 2-9.99
Asura's Wrath Lost Episode 1-1.99
Asura's Wrath Lost Episode 2-1.99
Asura's Wrath Episode 11.5-1.99
Asura's Wrath Episode 15.5-1.99
Asura's Wrath Episode Pack Part IV-6.99

This may sound like a dumb question; but can anybody tell me if this ends today or if it ended yesterday? The reason I ask is because everywhere I look just says something to the effect "in October" but I know that sometimes companies run promotions, services, etc. on a 30 day cycle plus I can't find anything about it on the PS Store this morning. I meant to get the last stuff I wanted yesterday and was so busy that I forgot about it, so I'm hoping today counts. Thanks.

[quote name='JanusDS']This may sound like a dumb question; but can anybody tell me if this ends today or if it ended yesterday? The reason I ask is because everywhere I look just says something to the effect "in October" but I know that sometimes companies run promotions, services, etc. on a 30 day cycle plus I can't find anything about it on the PS Store this morning. I meant to get the last stuff I wanted yesterday and was so busy that I forgot about it, so I'm hoping today counts. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well it is still October so spend away. Just don't go and wait until its 11:59PM somewhere

Here's what I have so far:

Spelunker HD - $5.00
Alex Kidd - $1.00
Doctor Who Vita - $9.99
Retro City Rampage - $14.99
Sunflowers Vita - $3.99
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $29.99
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan - $9.99
Okami HD - $19.99
PvZ Vita - $7.34
Tales from Space Vita - $3.91
Amy - $2.50
Walking Dead 3 - $4.99

Total - $113.68

Does PSN not charge tax in some states?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Well it is still October so spend away. Just don't go and wait until its 11:59PM somewhere[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah that's what I figured since I've seen absolutely nothing concerning an end date aside from it lasting throughout Oct. And yeah, definitely not waiting until 11:59pm :razz: Thanks.

I've manage to hit $100.20.

Got so nervous last night when power went out for a few hours after I bought PS+ and One Piece, thinking I'll be just a bit under $100. But woke up, and the power came back. Yay!

Here's what I've bought:
Odin Sphere - 4.99
GhostBuster - 1.25
Corpse Party - 9.99
PS+ 1 Year - 49.99
One Piece - 29.99
Gravity Rush Maid DLC - 3.99

I want to get Okami but I'm waiting for more confirmation about the Asian version. So far there is a post on Gamefaqs saying the Asia version does include English. If so, I rather import. If not, $20 onto Okami next month.

Didn't buy anything until last night. Got over the $100 with:

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (Vita) - $9.99
Okami HD - $19.99
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $34.99
Ragnarok Odyssey - $39.99

Total: $104.96

[quote name='parkerwilson']I really hope the packs of cards I bought on NHL 13 count, I think I spent close to $100 on just those this month[/QUOTE]

If the funds came out of your PSN wallet, then yes

But holy crap a spending $100 on one game

I really wish they would specify more what exactly is included or send some sort of confirmation that you went over the 100. I don't doubt it's active today as well because I'm pretty sure I bought stuff on the last day the last time they did this promotion. Also when I purchased my last things last night the transaction date was the 30th even though it was well passed midnight.

[quote name='Psychonik']I really wish they would specify more what exactly is included or send some sort of confirmation that you went over the 100. I don't doubt it's active today as well because I'm pretty sure I bought stuff on the last day the last time they did this promotion. Also when I purchased my last things last night the transaction date was the 30th even though it was well passed midnight.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this is so confusing

Since the promotion includes anything purchased with your wallet on the PlayStation Store, there are many ways to put purchases towards receiving a $20 credit. You can grab a PlayStation Plus 1-year subscription, or sign up for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket. You can even hop into the video store and catch up on any new releases you may have missed!

You might want to call Sony and verify this deal is still active before purchasing anything today.

Earlier this year, I had a problem with a PlayStation Network deal that ended on the last day of the month. Basically, the deal's expiration date was based on the date and time in Japan instead of in the country I live in.

I contacted Sony and at first they admitted that the deal had erroneously expired early and that they would help me. Long story short, they kept me hanging for 35 days before finally saying that they would not do anything to make things right.

This has been hinted at on this thread before, but more specficially, you can check you transaction history by logging in at:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/

you can search your transaction history with a range of dates:

I just put in Oct 1- Oct 31, and my Okami HD purchase made yesterday in the late afternoon (of the 30th), shows up as a purchase made on the 30th, not the 31st (the date it was in Japan at the time).

My guess, is any purchases made today (i wouldnt push it towards the evening) will show up just as my Okami did for yesterday, on the actual day of purchase and not the day in Japan. It would be a nightmare (and stupid) for them to advertise this promotion on the US sony blog and then use Japanese date/time as criteria.

Is there any way to purchase online? I had $80 spent waiting for Okami HD ... Then Hurricane Sandy came along and knocked off my power. Would like to still get the deal if possible!

I just picked up a couple rocksmith tracks (that i was going to get anyway) to test - show as purchased on 10/31 on the link i provided.

Got over 100 yesterday and plan on picking up the 15 dollar mass effect 1 with my voucher. Got Infamous FOB, Dead Rising OTR, Dead Space 2, costume quest dlc bundle, 5 dollar closure, legend of dead kel dlc for KA, 1 year of ps plus, 5 sega vintage collection games, shinobi, 3 monsterworld games, and nights into dreams.:applause:

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Is there any way to purchase online? I had $80 spent waiting for Okami HD ... Then Hurricane Sandy came along and knocked off my power. Would like to still get the deal if possible![/QUOTE]

I just bought an online code from GameStop and the code was given instantly after payment.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Agreed, this is so confusing

Since the promotion includes anything purchased with your wallet on the PlayStation Store, there are many ways to put purchases towards receiving a $20 credit. You can grab a PlayStation Plus 1-year subscription, or sign up for DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket. You can even hop into the video store and catch up on any new releases you may have missed!
[/QUOTE]

I assume you're being sarcastic, in which case I laughed.

[quote name='Mr. Grimm']You might want to call Sony and verify this deal is still active before purchasing anything today.

Earlier this year, I had a problem with a PlayStation Network deal that ended on the last day of the month. Basically, the deal's expiration date was based on the date and time in Japan instead of in the country I live in.

I contacted Sony and at first they admitted that the deal had erroneously expired early and that they would help me. Long story short, they kept me hanging for 35 days before finally saying that they would not do anything to make things right.[/QUOTE]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ore-update-263/comment-page-4/#comment-775177

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']This has been hinted at on this thread before, but more specficially, you can check you transaction history by logging in at:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/

you can search your transaction history with a range of dates:

I just put in Oct 1- Oct 31, and my Okami HD purchase made yesterday in the late afternoon (of the 30th), shows up as a purchase made on the 30th, not the 31st (the date it was in Japan at the time).

My guess, is any purchases made today (i wouldnt push it towards the evening) will show up just as my Okami did for yesterday, on the actual day of purchase and not the day in Japan. It would be a nightmare (and stupid) for them to advertise this promotion on the US sony blog and then use Japanese date/time as criteria.[/QUOTE]

I never said that your purchase would not show up as being made on the day you actually made it. What I said was Sony has/does cancel offers early and that in the past they have based their expiration date/time on the time in Japan. I fully agree that this is crazy; however, I would not mention it, if I did not know for a fact that it had actually happened before.

I called a Sony rep (855.999.7669) and ask about this deal since it no longer appeared on the playstation store when I logged in yesterday evening. I was told that the deal did end early. The rep told me that the deal ended when the PlayStation Store was updated on Tuesday, despite the fact that the offer clearly states that this deal is not supposed to end until October 31, 2012.

For anyone who wants this deal and hasn't hit $100 yet, hopefully the Sony rep was wrong.

I spent over $40 on Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC at the beginning of the month, and none of that is showing on my transaction history. That's annoying.

[quote name='Gosha']The One Piece Dynasty Warriors would be a decent PSN exclusive to nab towards this. I don't think it came out on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Is this seriously $49.99 on PSN for digital copy?! Do these PSN games ever go on sale? I was expecting maybe $30 since it's digital... for $50 I'll just buy the European release physical copy. (We can't give in and let companies get away with charging full price for digital downloads, especially because I would prefer the real thing.)

[quote name='rpg']i think the sony rep was talking about last week deals it ends when store updates[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right about the representative being wrong.

Here is what happened to me in the past:

I was sent a PlayStation plus 1 month code. This code was supposed to expire on March 31st, 2012. I tried to use the code in the afternoon on March 30, 2012 and it had already expired. When I called Sony they told me the code was set to expire on March 31st in Japan. They told me that should not have happened and they would replace it. I thought the whole Japanese expiration date was ridiculous. After 35 days, 6 phones calls, and 5 emails, I was told that since I did not pay for this item that Sony would make no effort to replace it.

If this offer has expired early, hopefully Sony will be more amenable to fixing their mistakes. They certainly were not willing to fix there mistake in March, April, or May.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Is this seriously $49.99 on PSN for digital copy?! Do these PSN games ever go on sale? I was expecting maybe $30 since it's digital... for $50 I'll just buy the European release physical copy. (We can't give in and let companies get away with charging full price for digital downloads, especially because I would prefer the real thing.)[/QUOTE]
Well One Piece is not popular in NA so we are lucky that they released the game over psn.

If u don't show support we may not get other One Piece games.

[quote name='Mr. Grimm']
I was sent a PlayStation plus 1 month code. This code was supposed to expire on March 31st, 2012. I tried to use the code in the afternoon on March 30, 2012 and it had already expired. [/QUOTE]
Next time don't wait till the last minute to use the code?

[quote name='soonersfan60']Is this seriously $49.99 on PSN for digital copy?! Do these PSN games ever go on sale? I was expecting maybe $30 since it's digital... for $50 I'll just buy the European release physical copy. (We can't give in and let companies get away with charging full price for digital downloads, especially because I would prefer the real thing.)[/QUOTE]

That's funny that you say that because it's actually $29.99 right now for Plus members.

I don't know why you people want to wait until the last minute to take advantage of this offer.

I wouldn't worry at all about purchases today counting and that's because of the linked post to Morgan Haro from PlayStation Blog above. He is a stand up guy. He helped me out last year during their similar buy $XX get $XX back. I got nowhere with Sony customer service but he not only got me my credit but added 12 months of PS+ for the inconvenience of waiting a few weeks.

[quote name='Mr. Grimm']I hope you are right about the representative being wrong.

Here is what happened to me in the past:

I was sent a PlayStation plus 1 month code. This code was supposed to expire on March 31st, 2012. I tried to use the code in the afternoon on March 30, 2012 and it had already expired. When I called Sony they told me the code was set to expire on March 31st in Japan. They told me that should not have happened and they would replace it. I thought the whole Japanese expiration date was ridiculous. After 35 days, 6 phones calls, and 5 emails, I was told that since I did not pay for this item that Sony would make no effort to replace it.

If this offer has expired early, hopefully Sony will be more amenable to fixing their mistakes. They certainly were not willing to fix there mistake in March, April, or May.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately for you, this sounds like a different issue and that you got a little screwed on your deal.

the US playstation blog that someone linked to, has comments from the primary person who has answered a number of questions about PS plus, the store, etc....and hasn't led me astray yet. It makes sense the promotion isnt listed in the store anymore, as they updated the store yesterday, and then it would stay listed into November, and if people didnt read carefully might buy thinking they were getting the deal, etc etc.

I also agree with the commenter above...i think the rep was confused and was answering when the promotional prices expire (when the store updates), not when the window on this particular promotion closed...especially since we have direct confirmation from Morgan H on the Sony Blog.

Just for safety's sake, i grabbed a screen cap of the post, even though i think that it's unnecessary.

Ps+ renew
Okami hd
The Walking Dead season pass
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

All purchased at 2:30am PST Oct 31. Fingers crossed!

[quote name='diishen']Ps+ renew
Okami hd
The Walking Dead season pass
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

All purchased at 2:30am PST Oct 31. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

Just to be safe, I am going to do what thesuzukimethod did and take a screen cap of the Sony Blog where Morgan H said this deal was good until 11:59 PM PST on October 31, 2012.

I think I went over,
PS+: $50
Okami: $20
Closure: $5
The Unfinished Swan: $15
Odin Sphere: $5
Costume Quest: $4
Corpse Party: $10
and 3 Sega games at $1 each brings my total to about $112.

bread's done
Back