PSN in October: Spend $100 Get $20 Back

jwk94

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says, starting in October, if you spend $100+ on the PlayStation Store, you'll receive $20 back credited to your PSN Wallet. Pretty good deal. What are you guys going to get? Thinking about getting the folllowing:

Okami HD - $20
Tokyo Jungle (how is this by the way?) - $15
NFS: MW - $54

and one more game that I can't think of right now lol.

PSN in October: Spend $100 and Get $20 in Return

blog post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnoralex']So can I put 100 dollars in my wallet without spending it and still get 20 back?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? On what planet is that considered "Spending $100"?

Aw, I just got myself a $50 PS Plus card, I haven't even touched it yet though.

If I return it for a regular PSN card, am I able to use that to buy the 12 month subscription to have it count towards this?

[quote name='JeanLuc Awesome']Aw, I just got myself a $50 PS Plus card, I haven't even touched it yet though.

If I return it for a regular PSN card, am I able to use that to buy the 12 month subscription to have it count towards this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would work. However, I'm not sure how easy it would be to return an unused PS Plus Subscription card. That is probably a YMMV sort of thing in the store.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Thinking of grabbing NFS: MW. Is it a completely dumb idea to pay $53.99 for it? Got a feeling it'll be $40 2 weeks after release![/QUOTE]

Unless you are a HUUUGGGGGEEEE NFS fan and must have it day 1, I would say yes, dumb idea.

EA games have a tendency to drop like a rock. Maybe not 2 weeks, but if you can wait a few months $19.99 isn't out of the realm of possibility. I've learned my lesson a few times, I thought I got a steal on SSX at launch for $34.99, and it only took a few months to be $9.99 using an @GAMER coupon.

[quote name='Decker']Yeah, that would work. However, I'm not sure how easy it would be to return an unused PS Plus Subscription card. That is probably a YMMV sort of thing in the store.[/QUOTE]

Probably closer to impossible than YMMV once the card has been activated. I mean if you are going to the store anyway it can't hurt to try (other than wasting your time), but it's probably like a .001 thing.

[quote name='Rainman']Question about ps+. If you get DLC such as the starhawk DLC that just came out for free, after your ps+ runs out you may no longer play that DLC correct?[/QUOTE]

Free DLC on PS+ doesn't need an active subscription, those and avatars will be free forever.

I was never one of those Black Friday hopefuls but im pretty sure any new releases coming out in October will be $30 on Black Friday like last year (Uncharted 3 even tho that was November 1st and Battlefield 3)

Resident Evil im sure wont be discounted knowing capcom.

Was planning on getting these sooner rather then later anyway. (see below) Glad I didn't grab FF and MvC this week. I can spend another $30 easy, hopefully some more Zen Tables and if not I can always re-up the PS+

Final Fantasy III - $20
Okami HD - $20
MvC Origins - $15
Killzone HD - $15

Between Doom BFG, Silent Hill VITA, Killzone and Walking Dead, I should just take advantage of this.

I do like having physical copies though. Ehh.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Free DLC on PS+ doesn't need an active subscription, those and avatars will be free forever.[/QUOTE]

I am 99% sure that you are wrong. I believe themes and avatars are the only free things that are yours forever.

Does buying a $50 PS+ subscription through the PlayStation Store count toward this offer? I bet the answer is "HELL NO, DUMMY!", but does anyone know for sure?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am 99% sure that you are wrong. I believe themes and avatars are the only free things that are yours forever.[/QUOTE]

You only keep the stuff you paid for, not the free downloads.

[quote name='whoknows']Yes.

At least in the US.[/QUOTE]

I wrote that wrong. Is One piece a only downloadable game through psn? Ive looked through BB, GS, and even amazon and theres no listings for the game. It had a US release of the 9/25

Damn I doubt I will get my $50 Credit that comes with the Sony Card before the end of October. Otherwise I could technically get $100 worth of PSN stuff for only $30?

Man, I could hit that $100 easy!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Okami HD
Tokyo Jungle
Papa & Yo
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 costume value pack
Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins
and many more!

I wanted One Piece but not for $50! Way of the Samurai 4 would've been cool too, but also, not for $40!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Does buying a $50 PS+ subscription through the PlayStation Store count toward this offer? I bet the answer is "HELL NO, DUMMY!", but does anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they said so in the first page. That is going to be half of my $100

[quote name='Agent Orange']Probably closer to impossible than YMMV once the card has been activated. I mean if you are going to the store anyway it can't hurt to try (other than wasting your time), but it's probably like a .001 thing.[/QUOTE]

Well I went and tried..and succeeded! :booty:

They didn't really hassel me either, the only hurdle I ran into was forgetting my wallet/driver's license and having to drive back to get it....:drool:

[quote name='Agent Orange']Unless you are a HUUUGGGGGEEEE NFS fan and must have it day 1, I would say yes, dumb idea.

EA games have a tendency to drop like a rock. Maybe not 2 weeks, but if you can wait a few months $19.99 isn't out of the realm of possibility. I've learned my lesson a few times, I thought I got a steal on SSX at launch for $34.99, and it only took a few months to be $9.99 using an @GAMER coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...looks like I'll be waiting a bit for a drop. Thanks for the feedback!

Question -

If you buy a PSP or VITA game on PSN, can you play the actual game on your PS3 or do you need the actual portable console? Thanks.

Okami HD? Is coming to psn? whaaaaaaaat. I'll be getting it day 1. That and Dark souls Artorias DLC, w/c still way below 100$.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Yeah they said so in the first page. That is going to be half of my $100[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, thanks! If that is the case then I can definitely spend $100 no problem.

[quote name='papped']One Piece is pretty awesome, highly recommended[/QUOTE]

Not $50 awesome. I dont know why the fuck it wasnt released as a physical copy here in the US.

I'm probably getting one piece. Since that puts me half way there might as well buy some other stuff. Might get RE6 if I can talk a friend into getting it on ps3 instead of 360.

CRAP!!! I just spent 98 dollars Tuesday >_<

Can anyone confirm that this is a legit sale? I don't see anything about it on the PS Blog and the source in the OP looks shady and links back to a site firefox says is unsafe.

Also One Piece is perfection if your a fan of the series, Tokyo Jungle is worth the price and LBPVita is THE reason to own a Vita.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Free DLC on PS+ doesn't need an active subscription, those and avatars will be free forever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am 99% sure that you are wrong. I believe themes and avatars are the only free things that are yours forever.[/QUOTE]

I'm also 99% sure that he was wrong. You get to keep free avatars and themes forever. Games and DLC you get for free will expire when your PS+ subscription expires.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Does buying a $50 PS+ subscription through the PlayStation Store count toward this offer? I bet the answer is "HELL NO, DUMMY!", but does anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

HELL YA, DUMMY! Spending anything out of your PSN wallet should count.

[quote name='dan77733']Question -

If you buy a PSP or VITA game on PSN, can you play the actual game on your PS3 or do you need the actual portable console? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Need portable console.

[quote name='jac1002']CRAP!!! I just spent 98 dollars Tuesday >_<

Can anyone confirm that this is a legit sale? I don't see anything about it on the PS Blog and the source in the OP looks shady and links back to a site firefox says is unsafe.

Also One Piece is perfection if your a fan of the series, Tokyo Jungle is worth the price and LBPVita is THE reason to own a Vita.[/QUOTE]

Someone took a screencap of the email they got regarding it and posted it in the PSN thread. Looked legit to me.

I remember when they did $10 back for spending $50 last year and mostly bought Rock Band songs. I haven't bought any Guitar Hero DLC yet so this gives me a good excuse.

In addition, I upgraded my hard drive to 500 GB two weeks ago so I can finally dig into my PS3 backlog and focus on DLC.

Does this promotion also apply to movie rentals/purchases as well? I was thinking of renting The Avengers and Dark Knight Returns Part 1.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Hmm. I'm wondering:

Can I buy PSN cards with Best Buy rewards certs, AND does buying PSN cards give you reward points?

If so, this is gonna be a great deal for me![/QUOTE]

I don't think Gift Cards give you Reward Points...

I might do this.
PSPlus
Little Big Planet Vita
Jet Set Radio Future gets me just about there.
Does anyone know how much Little King Story is going to cost?

[quote name='smacd101']I might do this.
PSPlus
Little Big Planet Vita
Jet Set Radio Future gets me just about there.
Does anyone know how much Little King Story is going to cost?[/QUOTE]

If we go by Europe pricing, it'll be about $40. However, I believe it was released as a retail game there too. Here, it's download only. Whether that makes a difference remains to be seen.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Someone took a screencap of the email they got regarding it and posted it in the PSN thread. Looked legit to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I also got the e-mail.[/QUOTE]

I checked my trash after reading this and it turns out I got the e-mail to but deleted it >_< I guess I should start actually reading those news letters even if they are old news.

Now I have to decide if I want to take advantage of this or not. I'm re-upping my PS+ in October anyway so it'd be like get 20 back from fifty for me.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If we go by Europe pricing, it'll be about $40. However, I believe it was released as a retail game there too. Here, it's download only. Whether that makes a difference remains to be seen.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a little higher than I was thinking. I was envisioning the $15-20 range. Thanks for the response.

[quote name='Matt Young']You only keep the stuff you paid for, not the free downloads.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks then ps+ is basically worthless to me. Ill wait it a=out and pick up these games on sale.

My PS+ runs out in October so I was already going to renew that for another year. Along with buying Sonic Adventure 2 and NIGHTS so I guess it is as good time as any for me to get Rainbow Moon and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

Hmmm, little kings story for vita, and Okami HD are 2 games I would consider. I guess I could buy a digital copy of a retail game...

Any other big PSN games coming out in october besides killzone HD and okami HD?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, little kings story for vita, and Okami HD are 2 games I would consider. I guess I could buy a digital copy of a retail game...

Any other big PSN games coming out in october besides killzone HD and okami HD?[/QUOTE]

here is a full list of all PSN games coming in October (thanks to LouieT for the list)

bread's done
Back