PSN in October: Spend $100 Get $20 Back

jwk94

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says, starting in October, if you spend $100+ on the PlayStation Store, you'll receive $20 back credited to your PSN Wallet. Pretty good deal. What are you guys going to get? Thinking about getting the folllowing:

Okami HD - $20
Tokyo Jungle (how is this by the way?) - $15
NFS: MW - $54

and one more game that I can't think of right now lol.

PSN in October: Spend $100 and Get $20 in Return

blog post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating if getting PS+ with my $100 is worth it.

So far I'm thinking:

Tokyo Jungle
Corpse Party
Persona 3:FES

That's only $55. I could add a year of PS+ and then wait for my $20 to nab Okami, but I do want both episodes of the walking dead and I don't really want and/or I have all the games that are currently free.

I'm debating on investing $50 into PS+,... I don't really want or I have the games I do want that are currently free (Ren Ops, Pacman, Infamous 2...)

What I am thinking about buying:

Corpse Party
Persona 3 FES (PS2 Classic)
Tokyo Jungle

Do they Walking Dead episodes count since they are "in-game DLC?"

Does anyone know if buying DJ Max Portable 3 result in faster load times versus UMD?

Any recommendations on stuff? I dont want any of the new upcoming games except dishonored, but that's going to be a PC buy during the holiday Steam sale probably.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its basically a Dynasty Warriors spinoff, it doesnt play EXACTLY like Dynasty Warriors which is why I like it so much. Theres only like 12 or 13 playable characters, but each one is completely unique.

Also, if your a fan of the manga (Or want to get into it), it does a pretty good job at showcasing the big moments from the story. Best DW spinoff to me outside of Gundam 3[/QUOTE]

See now your making me want to get it. Im not the biggest one piece fan but I got back into it during the whole save Ace arc. The biggest issue is the $50 price tag. I currently have RE6, God of War Saga, Lego Batman 2, and other smaller games on my plate. I do enjoy anime games ALOT. Honestly if i can find someone/where selling $50 psn codes for cheap then Im in.

[quote name='gunstar808']Its a musou game. Its also pretty fan servicey, I can only recommend it if you like One Piece.

I paid $105 for the Japanese version, and will probably buy the US version if it ever goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what any of that means, sooo I'll pass, thanks.

I'll get my purchases on the last week of october I think unless there's some limited time sales I want to bite on.

PS+ renew definitely and the rest of the ... 50.01 will be on some games I hope will be on sale.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']See now your making me want to get it. Im not the biggest one piece fan but I got back into it during the whole save Ace arc. The biggest issue is the $50 price tag. I currently have RE6, God of War Saga, Lego Batman 2, and other smaller games on my plate. I do enjoy anime games ALOT. Honestly if i can find someone/where selling $50 psn codes for cheap then Im in.[/QUOTE]

Its really worth it. The only downside I have to the game so far is no Skypiea arc and no Thriller Bark arc (Thriller Bark would have been epic....), that and the fact it only has the post timeskip versions of Luffy/Zoro/Sanji.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']There might be a $100 worth of stuff I want, not sure yet.

I doubt that restarting my PS+ sub(expired a week ago) will count.[/QUOTE]

anything on psn count so go buy 2 years

[quote name='Blaster man']Sorry guys, I don't think this is worth it. It's equal to a 20% discount. I'd just assume buy games on sale for 50% off. Last holiday season, they had some good deals (or was it right after the holidays?). I'd wager they are trying to milk you with a 20% discount now so you will pay more than in a couple months. Plus, this is actually worse than an actual 20% discount since you have to give them the full 100% and they refund 20% which is locked up in their ecosystem.[/QUOTE]

better than microsoft 1%-3%

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Thinking of grabbing NFS: MW. Is it a completely dumb idea to pay $53.99 for it? Got a feeling it'll be $40 2 weeks after release![/QUOTE]

im thinking either medal of honor or need for speed

I don't know if I listed what I'm buying but:

PSN+ Re-up ($49.99)
Tokyo Jungle ($11.99 (although I had the $3 credit from the Play promotion so it only cost me $8.99 out of pocket))
Dark Souls DLC ($14.99)
Tomba! ($9.99)

That's roughly $87, I'm sure I can come up with another $13 pretty easily. I'll also be buying the last two Spelunker DLCs so that's another $2. I might even end up spending more than $100 this month.

I have a feeling a bunch of people are going to round up their spending and lose out when they realize they spent $99.98 instead of the full $100 needed for the promotion.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its really worth it. The only downside I have to the game so far is no Skypiea arc and no Thriller Bark arc (Thriller Bark would have been epic....), that and the fact it only has the post timeskip versions of Luffy/Zoro/Sanji.[/QUOTE]

Two questions:
1) When everyone compares it to Dynasty Warriors, is it like Bleach: Soul Resurrecion?
2) If you get the PAL version, could you play online with NTSC players?

[quote name='jedimario']Two questions:
1) When everyone compares it to Dynasty Warriors, is it like Bleach: Soul Resurrecion?
2) If you get the PAL version, could you play online with NTSC players?[/QUOTE]

1. Honestly, I find it to be one of the best DW spinoffs personally. Before this Gundam 3 was my favorite. And this is pretty different from Bleach, that one wasnt even a Musou game. That game was much more revolved about having big combo's, not getting hit, being stylish, etc. This is just more about getting tons of kills. I personally hated Soul Resurecion

2. I'm sure you should be able to? But dont quote me on that.

[quote name='thetruelokre']would this work with the $120 assassin's creed 3 bundle? $100 for AC3, AC3V and Season Pass is a really decent deal IMO[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're buying it out of your wallet, it should work just fine.

Might try to spend $20-$100 on comics since the comic book section of PSN is shutting down after October 30.

Media Go doesn't seem to be working right for me. Keeps asking me to download an update every time I try to download a purchase.

[quote name='Marauder7']Anything good for 10 -15 dollars on the PSN?[/QUOTE]

I'm really looking forward to The Unfinished Swan that comes out 10/23, or 10/16 if you are PS+. It's $15.

The Unfinished Swan looks amazing. I'll definitely be gettin that on Tuesday. Looking for some Vita games to fill in the rest of the $100. Doesn't Ragnarok Odyssey come out this month?

[quote name='Marauder7']Anything good for 10 -15 dollars on the PSN?[/QUOTE]

Retro City Rampage is $15 - and purchasing it gets you a PS3 and a Vita copy.

[quote name='punkmaggit']The Unfinished Swan looks amazing. I'll definitely be gettin that on Tuesday. Looking for some Vita games to fill in the rest of the $100. Doesn't Ragnarok Odyssey come out this month?[/QUOTE]

Just announced that Ragnarok Odyssey will be out on 10/30! I believe they made the announcement yesterday or the day before.

I'm probably going to renew PS+ because I've been pretty happy with it - here's hoping they announce more specifics for what it means on the Vita. Along with Retro City Rampage, that brings me up to a potential $65 with another $35 to go. I'm thinking about Xenogears and Burnout Legends to have something else to play on my new Vita, but that still leaves another $15. Any recommendations? I'm not very interested in digital retail games unless it really is a killer deal (PSP games not counting, since PSN is the only way you can get them on Vita).

[quote name='johnnypark']I'm probably going to renew PS+ because I've been pretty happy with it - here's hoping they announce more specifics for what it means on the Vita. Along with Retro City Rampage, that brings me up to a potential $65 with another $35 to go. I'm thinking about Xenogears and Burnout Legends to have something else to play on my new Vita, but that still leaves another $15. Any recommendations? I'm not very interested in digital retail games unless it really is a killer deal (PSP games not counting, since PSN is the only way you can get them on Vita).[/QUOTE]

Do you play fighting games? Guilty Gear XX AC Plus comes out this month and it'll be $15.
It's proven itself to be a good fighting game just like Virtua Fighter. There is a new GGXXAC+R in the arcades and supposedly the update for the home version to the arcade version will be available for free in the future.

Done

One Piece Pirate Warriors 49.99
Threads of Fate 5.99 (purchased, never played and been on the fence for awhile on it)
Suikoden 5.99
Final Fantasy IX 9.99
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood 2.50
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record 9.79
AMY 2.50
Odin Sphere 4.99
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 mission pack 1 .99
Monster World 1.00
Payday dlc (full price but my friends started playing) 9.99
Total 103.72

Only game I bought because of this deal was Threads of Fate because I always was on the fence about it. The rest I would have bought anyways. Probably will spend another 10-20 before the month is up anyways.
I got a 50 dollar psn voucher from signing up for the playstation rewards credit card so this couldn't have came at a better time.

I really like One Piece. Besides the main story line its more like the other dynasty warrior games. I hated some of the main story games when they have you do a bunch of quicktime events but the online doesn't contain those. You don't have to do those levels with anyone other than the main character though and all the other levels and online is like the other dynasty warriors. I'm not even a fan of the anime just of Warrior games.

Already spent more than $100... Anyhow, very intrigued with Okami HD, I can't seem to find a physical copy of it online, is this digital only?

I just qualified. Got a 1 year PS Plus sub and Assassin's creed 3 pre-order. Now I'll be getting Okami HD for free.

This is what I spent $100 on.

$59.99 Dead or Alive 5
$19.99 Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds Complete
$1.00 Alex Kidd
$1.00 Revenge of Shinobi
$1.00 Monster World IV
$2.50 Infamous Festival of Blood
$15.39 House of the Dead 3/4/Overkill Bundle

Total $100.87.

I wish that was all I was getting but I plan on getting Odin Sphere for $5 and Mutant Blob Attack for Vita for $4 as well.

Do any of you guys know if dishonored is worth the Digital download and if ACIII liberation will be available for individual purchase and will the season pass also be available?

[quote name='AzGoat']Do any of you guys know if dishonored is worth the Digital download and if ACIII liberation will be available for individual purchase and will the season pass also be available?[/QUOTE]

Liberation will be available (every Vita game is available on the PSN the day it's released), and I would bet the season pass will also be there for purchase.

[quote name='ddp72984']Stupid question, but gonna ask. Is there anywhere on psn that shows me what I spent so far this month? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Besides your email purchase receipts, on the XBM in the Accounts section you can check your Transaction History by dates. It will show your costs.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So far I have:

PS+ renew: 49.99
AMY: 2.50
Monster World IV: 1.00
MediEvil: 5.99

That's $59.48. I'll think of more. :)[/QUOTE]

Have you tried AMY yet? Looks pretty cool, I thought about getting it until I read from IGN it was painfully awful.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Does this still work? Thinking about buying NBA 2K12 and BL2+Season pass, and Assassin's Creed 3.

Will I get the $40 automatically?[/QUOTE]
It's still October for a week so why wouldn't it work? You only get $20 for the first $100, so no $40. You get the $20 November 8th I believe.

Bought Transformers Fall of cybertron , Borderlands 2, CS:GO, thank you langers for the free psn cards lol

My first 79.98 was easy (PSN+ and Borderlands 2 Season Pass), but now I'm in a position where everything I'm interested in purchasing just screams at me that it will be a PS+ deal down the line. GTA3, Killzone HD, and God of War Origins all feel like discounts or even freebies waiting in the wings. Bah... first world problems.

Didn't take part in the promotion,but bought credit for any upcoming promotions this holiday.

Btw, I strongly recommend Persona 3 Portable.

[quote name='Flappycack']Have you tried AMY yet? Looks pretty cool, I thought about getting it until I read from IGN it was painfully awful.[/QUOTE]

it's ass

[quote name='Tonious']Do I have to actually spend 100 bucks or can I just load 100 into my wallet?[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep asking this question? Is "Spend $100 in October in the PSN Store" in any way ambiguous? Is there any way that could be confused with not spending $100?

[quote name='Ryan_gf']My first 79.98 was easy (PSN+ and Borderlands 2 Season Pass), but now I'm in a position where everything I'm interested in purchasing just screams at me that it will be a PS+ deal down the line. GTA3, Killzone HD, and God of War Origins all feel like discounts or even freebies waiting in the wings. Bah... first world problems.[/QUOTE]

The good news is that you're past the "decision point" now; you've already hit $80. You'll end up with the same results whether you spend another $20 or not. You might as well grab something for $20 that you have some sort of interest in because it'll be essentially free for you anyway.

[quote name='fezlopez']Btw, I strongly recommend Persona 3 Portable.[/QUOTE]

Yuuuup. Enjoyed it much more than the original. Loved the female protagonist.

bread's done
Back