PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed up another hour knocking out trophies last night after we finished because I couldn't put it down. And then I dreamed about making big jumps and doing other Burnout shit. I may need help.
I have been playing a while today trying to break all the billboards on the island. In the process of doing those and starting a race on occasion just to break up the searching, I managed to get all the other trophies for the island DLC. The game design on this is awesome. It really did a great job making it feel like a GTA type open world game with arcade style racing game play.

Most all of the trophies have been fun to accomplish. Most games can not say that. I thought this 45 billboard one would likely be the worst of the bunch so that was why I decided to go ahead and tackle it. At least so far, even searching for the right path to find that one billboard you see but have no idea how to get to has been fun.

I had to take a break for a while because my kid came downstairs and saw it and wanted to play the game himself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! I thought monoprice only sold knock off versions of small electronics and every cable ever made. I do not recall seeing them sell major name brand devices like that before. I see their price is as cheap on it as it is everything else.
I think this is a limited time deal and they've been selling them at 400 otherwise.

its weird that this is like the first time fallout has come up. Ive hated it forever but never really expressed it since it never comes up. I just assumed everyone else didnt really like it either because of how bad it sucks.

in much more positive news, best buy was dead this morning and I got far cry and ssx traded in for $49.50 super fast. And on the way there Purple Rain came on the radio which was also awesome!

its weird that this is like the first time fallout has come up. Ive hated it forever but never really expressed it since it never comes up. I just assumed everyone else didnt really like it either because of how bad it sucks.
3iD06YN.gif.gif

It was pretty cool knocking out all of those online trophies with Gator, Zimm, Pharmcrest, and (at the beginning) Velo. It was too bad I didn't get the 10 timed challenges but it was nice that everyone stuck around to help. It sucks that I kept disconnecting during the dead man's jump challenge though.

Other than that trophy, I just need the 2 road rage ones and the 8 player bike one and I'll be done with the online trophies (that I can do).

If you're looking for something to spend PS bucks on, Geometry Wars 3 is great. Played some of the coop with my kids today. Good stuff! Challenging and fun.

Yeah, so... I know only a few of you may appreciate this, but Luke Smith from Bungie asked to join my raid group yesterday. He was lead on the six-person team that designed the raid. So freaking random, man. Apparently he posts in the gaf community thread on occasion and I never noticed lol.

But yeah. As much shit as I give Destiny, it really is pretty awesome how communicative and involved Bungie has been. I don't always agree with their choices but they at least listen, and that matters. The game continues to improve. Definitely cemented my decision to get the expansion DLC. And congrats on winning it @laundrymatt. Shall be awesome.

I have never ordered a single item that was that large from them. I have done huge group orders from them multiple times in the past for cables. Never had an issue with them for those orders.
Thanks. I told her that and she's just gonna get the bundle. I was laughing at her text typo.

Also, I played a few more rounds of BOI and made it to Mom but she stomped my ass. I only had 2 hearts. It was dumb because I picked up an item that said I should get health for killing enemies so I entered a few rooms before that to kill some and my health didn't increase. Not sure what I did wrong. I did unlock 3 trophies and characters and a new challenge. I'm about to try Magdalene since I'm on lunch.

Did breakfuss hack tylers account or something?

#masterbaiter
Has killik come up with new material?? Evidently not.

Fallout 3 is awesome. Didn't think I would enjoy VATS but I ended up loving it. And Liam Neeson is the voice of Dad so there's that as well. Bethesda makes good games. I just wish they worked properly on PS3. Shame, really.

Has killik come up with new material?? Evidently not.

Fallout 3 is awesome. Didn't think I would enjoy VATS but I ended up loving it. And Liam Neeson is the voice of Dad so there's that as well. Bethesda makes good games. I just wish they worked properly on PS3. Shame, really.
I really hope Fallout 4 turns out well on PS4. :pray:

[quote name="GatorBeerGeek" post="12287134" timestamp="1417374530"]If you had not added that second sentence, I would have been really really confused.[/quote]
I just picked up the Pageant Boy item after killing a Chubby and now there's a bow on top of the tick. My character looks sick as fuck.

Pretty sure this isn't the first time we've talked about FO... maybe in this thread, but I'm sure we talked about it a few times in Frisky's thread.

I know there's like a 0.001% chance this latest FO4 rumor is true, but something feels right about it. If any of you want to feed me some bullshit, apparently now is the time to do it.

Yah, I loved the Fallout series on PS3. Too bad they're so goddamn big or I'd go back and play them both. The only time I remember FO ever coming up was when that Corgi guy tried to tell someone that FO3 was a 20 hour game. I dont think he really played it.

Nice, just passed 300k worldwide and should hit trophy #1000 today.

Jak 3 is way better than Jak 2. Still not very good, but playable. Knocking it out won't be a chore after all.

After putting in some time with Smash Wii U last night and today, I dont think it quite measures up to Melee.  It feels like it took too much from Brawl while also getting rid of what they shouldnt have (no real story mode is a bummer)

What should I buy with $80 in the store? (I already spent $20 on Rayman.)
I really don't know, this is a pretty bad patch period. As not only is the "get $15 back" deal over 1 week instead of 2, but there aren't a large volume of interesting games on sale so you'll end up having to buy PS+, games at full price, or recent releases for $30-40 in the flash sale which negates the value of the $15 credit. I mean, Bulletstorm and Borderlands 2 (if you don't have it with plus), and maybe Far Cry 3, but that doesn't even come close to $80.

I really don't know, this is a pretty bad patch period. As not only is the "get $15 back" deal over 1 week instead of 2, but there aren't a large volume of interesting games on sale so you'll end up having to buy PS+, games at full price, or recent releases for $30-40 in the flash sale which negates the value of the $15 credit. I mean, Bulletstorm and Borderlands 2 (if you don't have it with plus), and maybe Far Cry 3, but that doesn't even come close to $80.
I'm actually looking at full price stuff since the $20 off and $15 back is pretty good.

I started it up w/o playing 4 and am having trouble with it. It really throws you in the deep end. The boat controls are totally new to me. I just stole my own ship and now I'm about to sink some slavers.
It's pretty good. I'd have liked it more probably if I hadn't went straight into it after playing Black Flag. It really puts an emphasis on stealth since all the slavers are on the lookout. Liberating the plantations is fun.

Don't forget that you can still use the promo until Tuesday before midnight. No reason to blow your money on full-priced games until you've seen Tuesday's deals.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to grind at the end like you guys did for the FC4 plat. I only need 4 more skill points and I still have like 6 outposts and 3 story missions to go. You guys must have just done trophy related stuff and that was it.

Oh, shit. I just looked at the Natural Doctrine trophies on TT. It's worth 5,933 points. Only 1 person out of 114 has the plat. THe plat alone is 1,913 points.

Too bad it's too tedious to justify playing through the game twice (required for the plat.)

Amazon has the Fire Phone unlocked for $199 through tomorrow if anyone was interested in that. Comes with a year of prime. I'm not sure if it stacks with what you currently have, but if it does and you were planning on re upping anyway, it's basically $100 for a pretty good phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back