PSN Sale - Droplitz 50% off, various PSP games and Minis discounted (2/1 - 2/7)

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
This week's sale is not that hot compared to last week's. Sale prices are good 2/1 - 2/7 (technically mid-day 2/8, whenever the PS Store updates again). In any event, here's the list:

PS3:
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

PSP:
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin’ Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

Minis (PSP/PS3):
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O’ Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

Expired sale:
"11 for 11" sale - 11 PSN titles for half off. Sale runs from 1/25 through the 31st (technically until 2/1 when the following store update happens afternoon/evening). List of sale titles and links to their Metacritic reviews pages are below.

Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Hoard* – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype* – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
MotorStorm 3D Rift* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Swords and Soliders** – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Tumble* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Comet Crash* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Shatter** – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price Metacritic reviews

* - Asterisk denotes a PSN exclusive title.
** - Also available for PC on Steam.

My personal recommendations: Costume Quest, Peggle (if you don't already have it on another platform), Tumble (if you have a Move controller), and Shatter.

Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/
To stay informed with what's new in the Playstation Store on a regular basis and to hear about future sales, be sure to subscribe to the PS Store thread in the PS3 forum!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed Deathspank: TOV, Costume Quest, Shatter and Swords & Soldiers. TV Show King, too. Those should get my PS3 some use! Great sale.

I picked up Swords & Soldiers during the Steam sale and have played the first couple of campaigns. It's a decent game, but it's basically a more graphically polished version of a standard freeware RTS. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of flash games that have a nearly identical side-scrolling RTS format. And some are quite good.

So I don't think it's terrible, but it's not groundbreaking. On the PS3 maybe, but it's old hat on the PC.

Played the demo of Swords and Soldiers last night. Not really my thing. I had a lot of trouble on the second stage cause I didn't realize you could change the path with X, and that was what the dialogue meant.

Tried Space Invaders as well. Much more than a vertical scroller that is very neat in concept, but it hurts my eyes.

GF stayed home sick yesterday, so she bought Costume Party. Planning on getting Hoard tonight to try it out, and try Tumble (it was 10:30 when I got around to it, so I didn't feel like hooking up the PS Eye).

The updates were really annoying last night... System update, then almost every demo had an update... I usually love PS3 and all, but man, PSN needs some work. At least change it so the demo you download is the latest version, instead of a patch that's as big as the demo.

^^Only thing u can do is sign on someone else's PS3 & buy that way..You can re-download when you get your PS3 back

Picked up DeathSpank: ToV...I enjoyed the first & had $14 sitting in PSN..

I tried the Costume Quest, Peggle, and Comet Crash demos.

Costume Quest is kind of cute, but I wont lie..the reading is kind of annoying. I'm used to voice acting, and I can't control when Im ready to read the next dialog.

Peggle is a definite buy.

Comet Crash, no thanks, not big on RTS games.

Shatter, no demo, but I saw the trailer and it looks and sounds really good.

[quote name='darobu']My ps3 is at sony for repair right now. Anyone got an idea for taking advantage of this sale without my PS3 in hand?[/QUOTE]
got a buddy or someone you trust? put your account on their ps3, have them make said purchases, delete account off their ps3. will be in your download history when u get you ps3 back

[quote name='shadowkast']got a buddy or someone you trust? put your account on their ps3, have them make said purchases, delete account off their ps3. will be in your download history when u get you ps3 back[/QUOTE]

make sure to "deactivate" the account before you delete it.

Sorry for off-topic, but can anyone with a crystal ball speculate whether we might see MVC2 on sale around the time MVC3 comes out? Has it been on sale before?

After adding money to my PSN Wallet, updating PS3, failure of updating PS3, updating PS3 again, slower then hell download process for games. Over an hour later I have a $4 game in Shatter.

Thanks OP for posting the sale here I stopped following the PSN blog awhile ago.

Apparently PSN charges tax on purchases now. Only needed $4 to buy shatter could only put $5 then get charged tax so now I have a worthless .83 cents left on my account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vanlandw']Apparently PSN charges tax on purchases now. Only needed $4 to buy shatter could only put $5 then get charged tax so now I have a worthless .83 cents left on my account.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it depends on your state. I'm not taxed in CA, but was in TX. Go figure.

[quote name='elessar123']Pretty sure it depends on your state. I'm not taxed in CA, but was in TX. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Michigan and I'm sure that is a new thing. Don't normally buy much content on PSN but the stuff I have in the past wasn't taxed giving me a strange number left in my wallet. Lame.

i bought costume quest, hoard, soldner, space invaders, tumble, and comet crash.

i already had all the others except swords and soldiers and motorstorm 3d. i have no interest in either.

Crap, I have a PS3 inbound that I bought off eBay yesterday, and I want 3D Rift to play on my 3D HDTV. But, I know the PS3 won't be here before the sale ends. I also don't know anyone around me that has a PS3. Guess I'll just have to pay the full price for it.

[quote name='vanlandw']I'm in Michigan and I'm sure that is a new thing. Don't normally buy much content on PSN but the stuff I have in the past wasn't taxed giving me a strange number left in my wallet. Lame.[/QUOTE]

You can always change your address of record to a Pizza Hut in Bend, OR.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Crap, I have a PS3 inbound that I bought off eBay yesterday, and I want 3D Rift to play on my 3D HDTV. But, I know the PS3 won't be here before the sale ends. I also don't know anyone around me that has a PS3. Guess I'll just have to pay the full price for it.[/QUOTE]

Or just sign up for a playstation network account using MediaGo and download it from there, then download it on to your new PS3 when it comes...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Or just sign up for a playstation network account using MediaGo and download it from there, then download it on to your new PS3 when it comes...[/QUOTE]

I think Media Go on the PC only shows PSP-compatible content.

So I bought Hoard earlier today. It's pretty fun. Reminds me a little of Age of Booty, but faster paced. Haven't tried multiplayer, but if it's as fun as single player, it'd definitely be worth the price.

[quote name='elessar123']So I bought Hoard earlier today. It's pretty fun. Reminds me a little of Age of Booty, but faster paced. Haven't tried multiplayer, but if it's as fun as single player, it'd definitely be worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Finally an opinion on the game! Thanks, man.

[quote name='elessar123']So I bought Hoard earlier today. It's pretty fun. Reminds me a little of Age of Booty, but faster paced. Haven't tried multiplayer, but if it's as fun as single player, it'd definitely be worth the price.[/QUOTE]

OOOOO I had already bought the game before and was hyped to play it...but hearing an Age of Booty comparison has me 10x more excited!

[quote name='MSI Magus']OOOOO I had already bought the game before and was hyped to play it...but hearing an Age of Booty comparison has me 10x more excited![/QUOTE]

I thought it looked boring from the videos, but it's pretty fun. Simple concept, but there's a lot of strategies to it.

Shatter is amazing, Just picked it up myself and already in love with it. It's a must have for any fans of brick breaker type games.

Picked Hoard, been waiting for this to go on sale; YOU are the Dragon! Talked to a pal, saw some game footage, and the amount of cags buying it. Costume Quest will be mine when I get home.

I picked up Costume Quest yesterday and have been playing the hell out of it. It is a fun and easy game to pick up. After I am done I am for sure going to pick up the DLC for it. I am playing it over Black Ops and a few other big games so that might tell you something about how much I am enjoying it. Pick it up!

Anyone know how long Costume Quest is?

I initially put off buying it on the Xbox, but figure I might since it's on sale on the PS3 now.

[quote name='ubermark']Anyone know how long Costume Quest is?

I initially put off buying it on the Xbox, but figure I might since it's on sale on the PS3 now.[/QUOTE]

I would say that it would take you about 5 hours or a little more to complete.

[quote name='madbst']Got Peggle, and is considering Shatter. What's the game all about?[/QUOTE]

Shatter is great if you like brick breaking games. It adds a twist where you can control of the ball by pulling or pushing it. I enjoyed the hell out of it so far. If I didn't already have it free from PS+ I would be buying it from this sale.

So far I've bought Costume Quest (simple and charming) Tumble (fun, a little clunky, my friend and I are having fun with this, single player is also good) Space Invaders (Meh, not as good as I'd hopes, more frenetic than fun IMO)

I'd already purchased Peggle, which is a very nice simple game, and Shatter which is a fun updating of Arkanoid style brick bashers.

I Looooove these sales!

I must say, Hoard is pretty cool. It's a multiplayer-only action/strategy game that's played in quick little 10 minute blasts. You upgrade your dragon as the match goes on and everything is reset the next match. It's not great looking, but I found it pretty fun for short bursts. Matches are only 2-4 players, so finding an online match shouldn't be hard.

[quote name='Decker']I must say, Hoard is pretty cool. It's a multiplayer-only action/strategy game that's played in quick little 10 minute blasts. You upgrade your dragon as the match goes on and everything is reset the next match. It's not great looking, but I found it pretty fun for short bursts. Matches are only 2-4 players, so finding an online match shouldn't be hard.[/QUOTE]

Hoard doesn't have a single player campaign?

[quote name='ubermark']Anyone know how long Costume Quest is?

I initially put off buying it on the Xbox, but figure I might since it's on sale on the PS3 now.[/QUOTE]

I bought it last night and after some marathon playing (and sleep) finished it late this morning.

Very charming game - I want to play it again with different costumes. Also thinking about picking up the expansion pack.

If you like old-school turn-style RPGs and you go for quality over quantity I'd say it's a definite buy.

Bought Costume Quest yesterday and completed it in one sitting (5.5hrs)! Such a great game! Can't recommend it enough!

bread's done
Back