PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? That's your response? So you really think it's rational to not buy something because you're worried that it might potentially be $4-5 cheaper in the next few months? It's $5, get a job. With your reasoning, you shouldn't be buying anything until it hits less than $5 because it's always possible that a game will get even cheaper in 4-5 years.[/QUOTE]

I dunno personally I think you're getting all worked up over nothing. Why do you care so much?

anyways, I bought wipeout hd whoo

[quote name='Thomas96']everything going on sale except for the one game that I want... Soldner X!![/QUOTE]
I bet it goes on sale around when the sequel hits.

It looks like WipEout HD has been pulled from the PSN store, for some reason. The Spring Fever section just has three themes in it now and Wipeout HD is showing Not Available when searched for, at least for me.

[quote name='Decker']It looks like WipEout HD has been pulled from the PSN store, for some reason. The Spring Fever section just has three themes in it now and Wipeout HD is showing Not Available when searched for, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

really? weird. If that sale isn't reinstated this week, I consider myself lucky. I just bought it for sale 40 minutes ago

Glad I bought it when I did
Yeah weird now it won't let me access the HD bundle or Wipeout HD still lets me buy the Fury pak id if I wanted weird.

Am I the only one that sees Gettin Money like this?

881967-balrog_001_super.jpg

Yeah, I want WipeOut HD with the add-ons, but I'll give it an evening before buying it to see how things work out for others. It is a VERY polished looking game.

I still consider Wipeout HD to be the best PSN game released. I hate racing games, but its an exception.

If you somewhat enjoy it, be sure to buy the Fury pack... makes an already great game amazing

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still consider Wipeout HD to be the best PSN game released. I hate racing games, but its an exception.

If you somewhat enjoy it, be sure to buy the Fury pack... makes an already great game amazing[/QUOTE]

Damn you for saying that. I have recently purchased a number of PSN games so I'm not really looking for more...but that is really a glowing review.

[quote name='Decker']It looks like WipEout HD has been pulled from the PSN store, for some reason. The Spring Fever section just has three themes in it now and Wipeout HD is showing Not Available when searched for, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChestyMan']really? weird. If that sale isn't reinstated this week, I consider myself lucky. I just bought it for sale 40 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tightclaws']Glad I bought it when I did
Yeah weird now it won't let me access the HD bundle or Wipeout HD still lets me buy the Fury pak id if I wanted weird.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if Wipeout HD is back on the PSN store?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Does anyone know if Wipeout HD is back on the PSN store?[/QUOTE]

It was there when I checked this morning.

For some reason it seems that Wipeout HD won't show in the PlayStation Store after you buy it. This morning I bought it and thought I still had the demo installed, so I only downloaded the unlock code. Upon exiting the PlayStation Store, I realized I didn't have Wipeout HD as a choice any more, so I went back to the PS Store and it wouldn't show up anywhere. When I searched, it would display in the results, but told me there wasn't any content when I picked it. The only place I could re-download the demo from was my download history.

Really weird.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']So to download WipeOut HD, you need to download the demo and purchase an unlock key?[/QUOTE]

Yes the bulk of the game is in the demo.

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser']A steal at that price, I remember paying $30 for it and thought it was a great price for it at that time.[/QUOTE]
You paid $10 over the regular price for it? You got ripped off.

If they pulled it, could they possibly offer a new deal sooner than thursday? I'm jonesing badly for Peggle...

Wow that is some bullcrap. I bought WipEout HD yesterday. Downloaded the demo and unlock code. Installed the demo and the unlock code. Ran it today..updates were going ok then halfway through it quits the update process and I get corrupted data. Now the game is missing from the PSN and I can't re-download the demo only the unlock code. I'm pissed.

UPDATE 1. On hold with SCEA Support (twiddles thumbs)

UPDATE 2. After the phone call apparently I can't see the demo in my download list because I initially downloaded the demo back in '08 so I had to go down a very long list of 250 items to find it. Crossing my fingers and hoping it works this time.

Is everybody having troubles downloading this? I want to buy it, but I don't want to pay $10 for corrupted files...

[quote name='Duke']Is everybody having troubles downloading this? I want to buy it, but I don't want to pay $10 for corrupted files...[/QUOTE]
downloading went fine for me.. sucks that so many had problems.

[quote name='sead21c']

UPDATE 2. After the phone call apparently I can't see the demo in my download list because I initially downloaded the demo back in '08 so I had to go down a very long list of 250 items to find it. Crossing my fingers and hoping it works this time.[/QUOTE]
I had to scroll through a ton of stuff in my history to find the demo, too.

[quote name='Duke']Is everybody having troubles downloading this? I want to buy it, but I don't want to pay $10 for corrupted files...[/QUOTE]

I bought the game yesterday and it downloaded fine. When you purchase it downloads the demo and the game unlock. I played for a couple of hours last night with now problems.

Here's what I did step by step and everything works fine for me.

-Downloaded the demo plus unlock key
-Installed the demo, opened the demo, downloaded patch, got an error message saying I did not have the full version
-Went back to main menu, opened the unlock key and it installed
-Opened the game again, downloaded 2 more patches, and everything was fine

Hope this helps some people who are on the fence.

[quote name='birds_of_a_feather']You should buy your PSN games on amazon. Best way to avoid tax and dealing with points.[/QUOTE]

...except Amazon still has Wipeout HD @ $19.99. Non-sale prices on most other items as well.

Also, since when has anyone had to deal with points on a PSN download? #-o

Odd, I downloaded the demo first to see if I really wanted to purchase and had no issues unlocking the full game for the $10. Wish the Fury Pack was purchasable from in game, but so far I am quite liking it.

Have to have driving assist on for now though, it's so easy to take a corner to sharp and slam into walls when you try to re-adjust.

[quote name='JohnDM']Odd, I downloaded the demo first to see if I really wanted to purchase and had no issues unlocking the full game for the $10. Wish the Fury Pack was purchasable from in game, but so far I am quite liking it.

Have to have driving assist on for now though, it's so easy to take a corner to sharp and slam into walls when you try to re-adjust.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, you should take it off and just take your time learning how to pilot the craft because you won't learn how to race at all with it on.

Wipeout HD's online is solid but you're going to be left far behind by the better players. There aren't so many games late at night but you can find one pretty easily during the day and early evening. Once you do find a game though, the people there usually hang around for several race events at a time.

Most games people make are for Single Race, but Elimination is a lot of fun and is quite popular as well. I personally think Tournaments are the best mode for online play, it's just hard to get 4 or more people in one Tournament game.

But yeah, I say "solid" because I think that's all it is. There's no voice chat, I don't think the host has option restrict certain ships, and for some reason a lot of games people make allow for the Pilot Assist option which really annoys me. It's not easy getting a good group of people to play with, and while there isn't usually any lag, other player's ships give off the image of glitchy movements which can make it hard to aim sometimes (it's not usually a problem though). They could of added a lot of cool stuff like custom ship skins, matchmaking based on stats, and other features but Wipeout HD's online ended up being just the basic deal.

I honestly just stuck with the single player and beat both the campaigns which were loads of fun. Now I usually load the game up every now and then to try to beat my best Zone score (Zone is a ton of fun), all while enjoying my custom playlist that includes all the old Wipeout tracks and other electronic music =D

I have over 30 hours logged, and I think it's definitely one of the best exclusives for the PS3 right now.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wipeout HD's online is solid but you're going to be left far behind by the better players. There aren't so many games late at night but you can find one pretty easily during the day and early evening. Once you do find a game though, the people there usually hang around for several race events at a time.

Most games people make are for Single Race, but Elimination is a lot of fun and is quite popular as well. I personally think Tournaments are the best mode for online play, it's just hard to get 4 or more people in one Tournament game.

But yeah, I say "solid" because I think that's all it is. There's no voice chat, I don't think the host has option restrict certain ships, and for some reason a lot of games people make allow for the Pilot Assist option which really annoys me. It's not easy getting a good group of people to play with, and while there isn't usually any lag, other player's ships give off the image of glitchy movements which can make it hard to aim sometimes (it's not usually a problem though). They could of added a lot of cool stuff like custom ship skins, matchmaking based on stats, and other features but Wipeout HD's online ended up being just the basic deal.

I honestly just stuck with the single player and beat both the campaigns which were loads of fun. Now I usually load the game up every now and then to try to beat my best Zone score (Zone is a ton of fun), all while enjoying my custom playlist that includes all the old Wipeout tracks and other electronic music =D

I have over 30 hours logged, and I think it's definitely one of the best exclusives for the PS3 right now.[/QUOTE]

According to the controls screen on mine, it says pressing R3 gives you voice chat, and you can switch it to another button if you want. Chat get disabled?

[quote name='J7.']Anyone try it online yet - are there a lot of people playing it?[/QUOTE]

I tried the online for kicks and had to laugh. After about 3 nanoseconds I was dead last with the other players nowhere to be seen. Felt like I was playing a time trial.

So if I am reading this right in the OP it says this will last for 10 weeks and it has been 4 so far. Good thing I bought those PSN cards at Target because I am a sucker for some PSN games, especially if they are on sale.

[quote name='panzerfaust'].[/QUOTE]

I think I may get it. I'm okay as long as the online works decent and people are still playing. TY for telling us all that.

Wow, Wipeout is really polished, and the AI is challenging. I'm gonna end up putting a lot of hours into this one...

6 weeks left for this to be on sale? So the race for me to buy a PS3 is on... Lmao... All over saving $10... I must do it. I MUST do it... Omg I need this game and a PS3...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']6 weeks left for this to be on sale? So the race for me to buy a PS3 is on... Lmao... All over saving $10... I must do it. I MUST do it... Omg I need this game and a PS3...[/QUOTE]
Wipeout is only on sale for another few days. It's ten weeks of different sales each week.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Wow, Wipeout is really polished, and the AI is challenging. I'm gonna end up putting a lot of hours into this one...[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the quality of the title, and the fact that it's probably the only title released on PSN that could have justified a $39.99 price tag (Warhawk was the same, though came out on disc as well), it still has never been a "must play" title for me.

I bought the game (without the Fury add-on) for $14.99 on sale, and after playing just a couple races had a "what's all the fuss about" attitude towards it. In fact, it's the only PSN title I own (39 and counting now) where I actually considered deleting due to how much HD space it was taking up on my 60 GB (I've since upgraded to a 500 GB HD).

Now having said this, it's definitely worth $9.99. It's just not the ground-breaking title some reviewers have said it is (that may change once it's upgraded to 3D- hopefully a free update at that)!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']While I appreciate the quality of the title, and the fact that it's probably the only title released on PSN that could have justified a $39.99 price tag (Warhawk was the same, though came out on disc as well), it still has never been a "must play" title for me.

I bought the game (without the Fury add-on) for $14.99 on sale, and after playing just a couple races had a "what's all the fuss about" attitude towards it. In fact, it's the only PSN title I own (39 and counting now) where I actually considered deleting due to how much HD space it was taking up on my 60 GB (I've since upgraded to a 500 GB HD).

Now having said this, it's definitely worth $9.99. It's just not the ground-breaking title some reviewers have said it is (that may change once it's upgraded to 3D- hopefully a free update at that)![/QUOTE]

if you played only a couple races, that might be the problem right there. Play at the highest speed class and then tell me its boring.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']While I appreciate the quality of the title, and the fact that it's probably the only title released on PSN that could have justified a $39.99 price tag (Warhawk was the same, though came out on disc as well), it still has never been a "must play" title for me.

Now having said this, it's definitely worth $9.99. It's just not the ground-breaking title some reviewers have said it is (that may change once it's upgraded to 3D- hopefully a free update at that)![/QUOTE]

You're so wrong that I won't even bother explaining why.

Best PS3 racer, hands down.

bread's done
Back