PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great if you don't mind a 2-4 hour platformer. The execution and style are essentially perfect and at certain points the game goes crazy narrative wise which keeps it interesting.
Ok sounds like a potential plus game. 2-4 is not enough. Guess it's soma, darkest dungeon and salt and sanctuary for me.

My Sony ps4 tv remote turns itself off... it's really nice, actually. I've never needed to change batteries, it's got volume override capabilities so volume is 'smart' and knows to do the soundbar no matter what the remote is set to, etc.
The first remote ran down the batteries in one day whether the remote was used a lot or not. It was a waste of time using it.

I'm not sure how that happen, I still have my Amazon promotional credit after spending it? $39 for marvel at launch? Pretty good, I was not going to buy the game at first but that seems in a good price range.

RscksxG.png

In for Salt and Sanctuary along with Galak-Z (shame I didn't have a system when it was free). Been a while, will ease the sting of the flash sale disappointing this weekend.

There's probably 4-5 things I'm interested in for this sale, but with the sale going on for two weeks, I think I'll wait until after the August Plus games are announced next week to make sure I don't buy something that I'd get for free. I know it hasn't been that common, but I seem to recall a few times where something was on sale right before going free.

There's probably 4-5 things I'm interested in for this sale, but with the sale going on for two weeks, I think I'll wait until after the August Plus games are announced next week to make sure I don't buy something that I'd get for free. I know it hasn't been that common, but I seem to recall a few times where something was on sale right before going free.
I bought The Witness, N++, and Cosmic Star Heroine this morning, so you're welcome in advance if any of those join the Plus lineup.

I know it hasn't been that common, but I seem to recall a few times where something was on sale right before going free.
It's happened pretty recently too, Severed was on sale for $4.49 in the Feb 21 weekly sale and then was part of plus in March. Was a close call for me as I almost bought it during the sale.

Telltale announced their next three series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UnOysihiI

Batman: The Enemy Within is a 5 part series with the first episode launching on 8/8.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season is coming in 2018 and is the fourth and final season of the Telltale series. Clementine is the lead character.

The Wolf Among Us 2 is also coming in the second half of 2018 and is a standalone story from the first season.

I'm not sure how that happen, I still have my Amazon promotional credit after spending it? $39 for marvel at launch? Pretty good, I was not going to buy the game at first but that seems in a good price range.

RscksxG.png
Did you buy something on Prime Day with Alexa? Doing that gave you a $10 credit that appears when you check out.

Telltale announced their next three series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UnOysihiI

Batman: The Enemy Within is a 5 part series with the first episode launching on 8/8.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season is coming in 2018 and is the fourth and final season of the Telltale series. Clementine is the lead character.

The Wolf Among Us 2 is also coming in the second half of 2018 and is a standalone story from the first season.
Clementine is finally the lead? It's about damn time. Was expecting that in season 3 but had to play through another jumble that barely advanced her character forward at all.

I agree that Season 3 was a massive disappointment.  There was not nearly enough Clem, and playing as Javier put you in a weird position since you naturally feel a lot more affinity to her than you do to his own family.  That, and the episodes were comically short - probably half as long as S1 or S2 Episodes.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Anomaly 2 - $3.74 - 75% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 8/1

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Rivals Expansion Pack - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 8/18

:ps4: Sky Ride - $9.14 - 39% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Soft Body - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/25

:ps4: Space Hulk - $27.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/18

:vita: Space Hulk - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/18

:psp: T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $9.59 - 20% Off - Ends 8/18

:ps4: Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/18

Freebies:

:ps4: Poi Theme - Free

:ps4: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 Online Beta

:ps4: The Surge Trial

PS Now streaming needs massive improvement. I like the service (signed on for a year) but other than games like Syberia that have a static background, the streaming is absolutely awful and I have very fast internet speeds so I know that's not the issue. For example Lego Star Wars looked like it was played on a ps1 and there was a weird "static" across the whole top of the screen. I have no idea why lol

Rumblings on the internet are suggesting that this FW will be focused on PSNow improvements (overdue based on what I've been told). Here's hoping it's another game changer like external HDD support was.
Just so you know, the rumors you've heard are because the questionnaire has a question asking if people are PS Now subscribers, but only has a "Yes" checkbox with no "No" option despite requiring an answer. It's a poorly-made questionnaire.

PS Now streaming needs massive improvement. I like the service (signed on for a year) but other than games like Syberia that have a static background, the streaming is absolutely awful and I have very fast internet speeds so I know that's not the issue. For example Lego Star Wars looked like it was played on a ps1 and there was a weird "static" across the whole top of the screen. I have no idea why lol
It’s a shame that it couldn’t be downloadable like Xbox Game Pass. Obviously BC would be required for that but there’s obviously no comparison in terms of performance to play on the console vs streaming.

I’m not finding either service appealing anyway, but streaming games is still not a great technology yet. Reminds me of the days of streaming Netflix – getting pauses, waiting for it to buffer and just having overall shitty picture quality.

Now, that’s not an issue at all with great quality 99.9% of the time. Hopefully, game streaming will get to that point someday.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3lw31bjKOsagegSyIYWIEg/the-ultimate-doom-update-6-66-all-dlc-unlocked-free-weekends

Doom will have a free weekend starting on 7/27 and will probably be on sale for $14.99 (50% off) during that time. They're also making all of the DLC free and changing how progression in the multiplayer works with details in the post itself. That update (6.66) is up now and it's a hefty 23.7 GB update.
Awesome. Titanfall 2 is getting a big 4 man coop update soon. I hope we get a $15 sale on titanfall. I'd buy both

I'm shocked to see that this actually turns on the system. This used to be a big thing that Sony wasn't allowing on the PS4 for some reason. My million dollar Harmony remotes can't even do that. Hopefully Sony will allow everyone to do that soon.
If you have an expensive remote, then chances are you have a home theater system. If so, you don't need anything except CEC to turn on the PS4. The remote that comes with my Yamaha receiver turns everything on with a scene button I have saved for the PS4 (also works with my PS3 that I have hooked up too). And the player control buttons are almost all mapped sensibly for the builtin media apps and third-party streaming apps.

Maybe someone can help me with this... I preordered GT Sport Digital Deluxe and downloaded the theme. It's fine until I scroll up where the notifications/messages/trophies/settings are and the image glitches. It's a picture of about 5 racers and the image has a sort of ghosting effect that pops in and out randomly. When I scroll down everything is fine again until scrolling back up. I've never had any other graphical issues and nothing wrong with any of my other themes. I've even tried redownloading the theme but it's always the same. Any idea if maybe it's just the theme itself needs a patch?? Lol

If you have an expensive remote, then chances are you have a home theater system. If so, you don't need anything except CEC to turn on the PS4. The remote that comes with my Yamaha receiver turns everything on with a scene button I have saved for the PS4 (also works with my PS3 that I have hooked up too). And the player control buttons are almost all mapped sensibly for the builtin media apps and third-party streaming apps.
Thanks for this. You're correct. I have a Denon receiver that should have the same features and capabilities. I'll look into it. My only issue is that CEC was finicky at one point with certain stuff so I turned it off, but I think every device within the system including the TV and receiver has had multiple firmware updates that may have helped this. Thanks again.

If you're a Vita owner who'd rather play it on Vita than Steam, I know a lot of us have been dying for a sale on Salt & Sanctuary which finally happened.
Absolutely I'm totally picking up Salt and Sanctuary at this price. I also heard Darkest Dungeon is a great buy at $10.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3lw31bjKOsagegSyIYWIEg/the-ultimate-doom-update-6-66-all-dlc-unlocked-free-weekends

Doom will have a free weekend starting on 7/27 and will probably be on sale for $14.99 (50% off) during that time. They're also making all of the DLC free and changing how progression in the multiplayer works with details in the post itself. That update (6.66) is up now and it's a hefty 23.7 GB update.
All the DLC being free is great news. Maybe now I can get some of the DLC trophies to go along with the Plat. Wonder how many people are still playing the multiplayer though...

Absolutely I'm totally picking up Salt and Sanctuary at this price. I also heard Darkest Dungeon is a great buy at $10.
Darkest Dungeon is really good but prepare to rage when the RNG goes against you and you lose your whole party. Despite that, I considered double dipping during this sale but I'll probably wait for the eventual complete edition to get a discount.

All the DLC being free is great news. Maybe now I can get some of the DLC trophies to go along with the Plat. Wonder how many people are still playing the multiplayer though...

Darkest Dungeon is really good but prepare to rage when the RNG goes against you and you lose your whole party. Despite that, I considered double dipping during this sale but I'll probably wait for the eventual complete edition to get a discount.
I may hold off on DD and Salt then. I still haven't played most of the Souls games and have Bloodborne sitting on the shelf unplayed (shame)!

The first remote ran down the batteries in one day whether the remote was used a lot or not. It was a waste of time using it
Huh. I thought I owned the first remote. I love it.

The back reads:

Universal Media Remote for Playstation 4

Model 051-038-01

I've had the same batteries in it forever and use it daily.

I may hold off on DD and Salt then. I still haven't played most of the Souls games and have Bloodborne sitting on the shelf unplayed (shame)!
I would lean towards grabbing at least Salt and Sanctuary now since it took so long for it to go on sale. No telling when it might be on sale again.

It’s a shame that it couldn’t be downloadable like Xbox Game Pass. Obviously BC would be required for that but there’s obviously no comparison in terms of performance to play on the console vs streaming.

I’m not finding either service appealing anyway, but streaming games is still not a great technology yet. Reminds me of the days of streaming Netflix – getting pauses, waiting for it to buffer and just having overall shitty picture quality.

Now, that’s not an issue at all with great quality 99.9% of the time. Hopefully, game streaming will get to that point someday.
i'm surprise Netflix isn't in the market to stream other things like games and music. they could take over the streaming aspect of PlayStation or Microsoft completely dominate the market. Not that Netflix needs the money the way they are booming but I'm surprised they haven't taken over the entire streaming market for everything not just movies and TV.
I might need to go submit my resume for CEO.

On the fence about salt & sanctuary. Hate to buy it then it be a PS+ free game in a few months. Also I wonder if switch will get the game?

i'm surprise Netflix isn't in the market to stream other things like games and music. they could take over the streaming aspect of PlayStation or Microsoft completely dominate the market. Not that Netflix needs the money the way they are booming but I'm surprised they haven't taken over the entire streaming market for everything not just movies and TV.
I might need to go submit my resume for CEO.
It's an interesting idea. I think they'd likely need to partner with the console company they're streaming, since if they didn't it would be extremely hard to market/advertise without stepping all over trademarks. There may even be some legal issues with the very concept beyond that w/o a contract. They'd likely have less issues distributing PC games, but they'd still probably need to partner with Steam.

The bigger issue is Netflix would have to develop entirely new tech for it. While Netflix is absolutely amazing at streaming fixed files [movies, tv shows], gaming is a very different beast. Instead of a single server serving up the same content to tons of people [and them spending millions of dollars optimizing that over the years] game streaming can only ever be 1 to 1 - the game needs to react to each player. This is why Sony has armies of PS3s [and now PS4s] set up for PSNow. While some of the optimizations Netflix has developed over the years may apply, most wouldn't. Even though both are transmitting video, it's just such a different source with very different considerations.

[for example, if Netflix was experiencing overload or network traffic on one server, they can just switch servers on you midmovie and you'd never know -- heck, they could be sending you bits of data from 5 different servers and optimizing it on the fly on your ps4 without you knowing. Or they could even send the same data from different servers if they know something is amiss, and your PS4 uses whatever gets there first, preventing 'buffering'. But with gaming, it's always 1 to 1... that one server [ps3] is literally playing your game and sending you the output. This leaves a -lot- less room for optimizations and such. You can still dilute quality if there is network traffic, but you can't just switch the user over to a different data center, etc.

That said? While they'd have lots of hurdles, I could see why they might want to investigate the idea. Though right now i think they're focused on keeping their competitive edge... they've got a lot of challengers [Amazon Prime likely being the biggest] and while they've already defeated some, they need to secure dominance. But they've also got deep pockets.

TLDR - technically challenging, much tech won't carry over, yet interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back