PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the gunplay in Tomb Raider to be awful. The bow was much better, though it became less useful as the stealth segments went away in favor of gunfight after gunfight towards latter portions of the game.
Is that the first TR reboot, or the most recent one? I loved the reboot, and I used the bow every chance I got, I loved that damn thing. I only used the guns when I had no other choice. LOL

Do you know if buying Journey on the PS3 for the sale price would give me the game on the PS4 too? It should, but I am not sure because the PS4 version still shows full price for some reason...
Yes. Everything on the Cross Buy list includes the other versions that are listed next to it.

Is that the first TR reboot, or the most recent one? I loved the reboot, and I used the bow every chance I got, I loved that damn thing. I only used the guns when I had no other choice. LOL
Yeah, the first game. The bow was the most satisfying for the portion of the game where stealth worked, but one stealth kill and everybody else was alerted with no way to get back to normal without having to kill everybody.

That's Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP, not the original on PS3. It's a sequel with the sorts of limitations you'd expect on PSP, mainly that levels are broken up into smaller parts.
I was planning on playing it on my vita, b up having not touched the original, would it matter? I haven't been playing as much PS3, so it's doubtful I would have played the original prior to this. Realistically, VC2 would probably just sit on the memory card for a few more months anyway.

So I need some help deciding on games to keep or get rid of.

DBZ Xenoverse

Arslan

State of Decay (yes it's xbox one)

Digimon on PS4 (have it on vita already)

All sealed

I was planning on playing it on my vita, b up having not touched the original, would it matter? I haven't been playing as much PS3, so it's doubtful I would have played the original prior to this. Realistically, VC2 would probably just sit on the memory card for a few more months anyway.
The story is a continuation. But the characters you play as are completely different. You could just read about the events of the previous game and get caught up. From a story telling standpoint, VC2 is vastly inferior to VC1. The game has hit $5 before so if you're just getting it for the backlog, it'll probably hit this price again in the future.

Not really much need to play the first before VC2 other than it being a really good game.

Just finished UC4.  Man I am just not sure how I feel about this game.  Playing it on Crushing may break me.  With that said I was not crazy with how the adventure played out in the end but my goodness that Epilogue.  Never has an ending made me want to go back and play the previous games like that did. Bravo Naughty Dog.

I cannot wait to go back to find the rest of the treasures because I felt like I really looked hard and I only found about half.

Just finished UC4. Man I am just not sure how I feel about this game. Playing it on Crushing may break me. With that said I was not crazy with how the adventure played out in the end but my goodness that Epilogue. Never has an ending made me want to go back and play the previous games like that did. Bravo Naughty Dog.

I cannot wait to go back to find the rest of the treasures because I felt like I really looked hard and I only found about half.
Ha, just finished it this evening as well. Really mixed on all the melodrama druckman put in it but godamn if it isn't the prettiest video game in history. I'd say the hardest thing for me is struggling with the realization that I really think a game like Valkyria Chronicles is a much better videogame because I'm actually making interesting decisions in it. It's kinda bittersweet to see all that technology used so that you can walk through corridors and climb ladders.

It's kinda bittersweet to see all that technology used so that you can walk through corridors and climb ladders.
Yeah, I guess that is why I don't own a PS4 or ONE yet, as those systems pretty much deliver the same experience as last gen, with a new coat of paint. I still have a HUGE backlog of games for my PS3 and 360, and actually Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games I still need to play.

So for someone like me, I don't see getting the new consoles until the libraries are HUGE, and the consoles are dirt cheap. As it's just not in my best interest to move forward yet. Although U4, and a few other next gen titles do look interesting to me, I have more than enough quality titles to keep me busy for years, and I bought most of them rather cheap.

Yeah, I guess that is why I don't own a PS4 or ONE yet, as those systems pretty much deliver the same experience as last gen, with a new coat of paint. I still have a HUGE backlog of games for my PS3 and 360, and actually Valkyria Chronicles is one of the games I still need to play.

So for someone like me, I don't see getting the new consoles until the libraries are HUGE, and the consoles are dirt cheap. As it's just not in my best interest to move forward yet. Although U4, and a few other next gen titles do look interesting to me, I have more than enough quality titles to keep me busy for years, and I bought most of them rather cheap.
What you're saying makes sense. I kind of regret buying a PS4 and Xbox One since I haven't seen a quantum leap in quality with the big budget releases and so many games are indie releases this gen. Far Cry 4 and Fallout 4 were rather disappointing, and those were the two games I was most looking forward to playing this gen. The only big budget game I'm waiting for now is Persona 5, and who knows how good it'll be when it finally comes out.

Pretty much why I haven't bought a PS4 yet. I don not only still have a pile of PS3 games to play but also a huge backlog on PC after years of Steam sales and Indie Bundles. I would love to play the new Ratchet and Clank cause I adore the series, but I just don't see the point on buying a PS4 for only a handful of exclusives. I'll buy a PS4whicheverversionisbest in a few years for a cheap price.

Wait. What's bad about the stealth in Uncharted 4 compared to those games? If you get spotted, it's pretty easy to get out of sight and get it back to normal without having to wait for arbitrary timers to reduce until they go back to forgetting you exist. There are the same sorts of "dynamic zones" around enemies where you alert them and they search for you before going back to normal status, though if you reach the point where they're shooting, then everybody can obviously here that some shit is going down and join the fight. But it's still pretty easy to get away back to safety and end those segments. You can even throw grenades around to draw their attention away from you if that's how you want to tackle situations. They even have the ability to look up that nobody else really does, so you can't just hang out above enemies as easily as with other games. It's a well nuanced system that nobody else comes close to matching. The one part where it doesn't compare is the lack of silenced weapons, though the melee only system is kind of a neat spin.
My first play through was on hard and I couldn't find those dynamic zones. Every time I was discovered it popped everyone including reinforcements on most encounters. The few areas I could regain anonymity I had to backtrack so far to hide it became counter intuitive. Not sure why my experience felt different maybe it's my perspective but I just felt like I couldn't regain anonymity.

Pretty much why I haven't bought a PS4 yet. I don not only still have a pile of PS3 games to play but also a huge backlog on PC after years of Steam sales and Indie Bundles. I would love to play the new Ratchet and Clank cause I adore the series, but I just don't see the point on buying a PS4 for only a handful of exclusives. I'll buy a PS4whicheverversionisbest in a few years for a cheap price.
I never even bothered to get a STEAM account, as I knew I would buy tons of dirt cheap games, and NEVER play any of them. LOL My Vita memory card is full as it is from these damn flash sales. I'm actually trying to clear some space now so I can get Hitman Go this weekend.

I may get a PS4 this Christmas If I find a sweet enough deal, but as you state, the exclusives aren't that many, and most of the good indie titles are on the Vita as well. If I wait a few years, I can get the console for less than $200(maybe an improved slim model at that), and the great games that are $40-60 now will be $20 or under. So more than likely I'll be waiting, but a cheap LE bundle may force me over the line at some point.

I never even bothered to get a STEAM account, as I knew I would buy tons of dirt cheap games, and NEVER play any of them. LOL My Vita memory card is full as it is from these damn flash sales. I'm actually trying to clear some space now so I can get Hitman Go this weekend.

I may get a PS4 this Christmas If I find a sweet enough deal, but as you state, the exclusives aren't that many, and most of the good indie titles are on the Vita as well. If I wait a few years, I can get the console for less than $200(maybe an improved slim model at that), and the great games that are $40-60 now will be $20 or under. So more than likely I'll be waiting, but a cheap LE bundle may force me over the line at some point.
I began buying Steam games nearly a year before I bought my cheap Alienware Alpha off Amazon Warehouse this February, and in a few months, my Steam library jumped to over 200 games. Now, I have exactly the same problem you just described. But I lost my part time job about two weeks ago, so I'll definitely be buying fewer games on all my systems until I find another second job. Unfortunately, buying all these games and systems can become addictive, and checking CAG throughout the day each day doesn't help. I keep saying that I'm going to go cold turkey from checking this site, but I enjoy the community and reading other people's posts too much to leave. That said, I will probably buy a few games from the flash sale since I cashed in some Sony Rewards points for digital gift codes the other day. And I'm taking the afternoon today to play several PS4 games since I only work my full time job Monday through Friday. I've already tried Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and Trivia Battle Knockout from my backlog today. Trivia Battle Knockout was the only one that sucked.

Uncharted 4 is one of the best stealth games I've ever played even with the improvements that MGSV: The Phantom Pain made. This is the one stealth game that gets rid of timers, alert statuses, and all that other clunky bullshit that makes every stealth harder to play than they ought to. It feels so natural to mark enemies, move around, take out enemies, and deal with getting caught that it should be a standard for the genre now that most of the big names are out for the count.
The stealth would be perfect if not for one thing - alert statuses. I frequently found that after alerting just one guy and killing him, and subsequently sneaking around the ledges to the other side of the map, other enemies would magically know where I am. The game suffers from too-smart of an AI. They have the vision of an eagle and the hearing of a bat. One time I stuck along the bottom and saw the guys at the top poiting their guns where I was moving, though I was blatantly out of site. AI is the main reason I'd put MGSV stealth over Uncharted.

Opinions on Kill zone? $5 is a good price and it looks good, but I'm trying to keep from adding to the backlog.
Aside from a few levels that simple make no sense, and bugs that might force you to restart a level, Killzone 4 is not a bad campaign, especially for $5. It's short and sweet and to the point, except for the few times they make you use awkward, clunky gadgets.

Man, the quality of these free PSN games have plummeted. Tropico is uncomfortable to play on console and table top racers is a mediocre mod nation racers wannabe that runs at 20 fps. I miss the days of free Rocket League and Towerfall

The stealth would be perfect if not for one thing - alert statuses. I frequently found that after alerting just one guy and killing him, and subsequently sneaking around the ledges to the other side of the map, other enemies would magically know where I am. The game suffers from too-smart of an AI. They have the vision of an eagle and the hearing of a bat. One time I stuck along the bottom and saw the guys at the top poiting their guns where I was moving, though I was blatantly out of site. AI is the main reason I'd put MGSV stealth over Uncharted.
They start shooting as soon as they're alerted, so of course others nearby will come over and find you. It's still easy to get away and break sight so that things go back to normal. Just hanging off a ledge next to them isn't going to break sight, you have to actually run out of their sight to a patch of long grass or water that you can hang out in for a bit. I've never had a problem going that in any of the stealth areas since they're fairly dumb and easy to lose.

Stealth feels like an afterthought in Uncharted. I beat it on Crushing and they're still dumb as nails no matter how insane your moves. You can stand right in front of someone and as long as you roll into a patch of grass you're now magically invisible. You can jump from a high ledge, grapple onto a beam, swing RIGHT in front of them, but as long as you stick the landing onto a lower ledge they'll forget they ever saw anything. Metal Gear has similar issues, but at least they take the environment and sounds into deeper consideration.

They start shooting as soon as they're alerted, so of course others nearby will come over and find you. It's still easy to get away and break sight so that things go back to normal. Just hanging off a ledge next to them isn't going to break sight, you have to actually run out of their sight to a patch of long grass or water that you can hang out in for a bit. I've never had a problem going that in any of the stealth areas since they're fairly dumb and easy to lose.
I wasn't saying any of those things. Follow me here: I alert someone, alerts everyone else, and I kill that first guy. The others on alert are on the far end of the platform. I drop below and behind a wall and travel the entire perimeter, out of site, but enemies are still on alert. During this movement, I can see their guns pointing exactly where I am moving, even though in real life, that would be impossible unless they had x-ray vision.

Sneaking around during alert status is impossible in U4, which makes no sense. In MGS V, enemies could be on alert but wouldn't just automatically know where you are; those enemies feel more real to me.

I wasn't saying any of those things. Follow me here: I alert someone, alerts everyone else, and I kill that first guy. The others on alert are on the far end of the platform. I drop below and behind a wall and travel the entire perimeter, out of site, but enemies are still on alert. During this movement, I can see their guns pointing exactly where I am moving, even though in real life, that would be impossible unless they had x-ray vision.

Sneaking around during alert status is impossible in U4, which makes no sense. In MGS V, enemies could be on alert but wouldn't just automatically know where you are.

You're seriously asking about whether your should spend $5 on a top tier FPS?

How cheap can one person be? Are you thing it might drop to $1 at some point?

fucking hell.
Easy there cowboy. He's merely asking for opinions on a game.

I don't think it's about the money as much as it is him spending lots of time with a game. If a game is shit, it's shit, regardless of whether it's $80 or 50 cents. Time is money, after all. Lord of the Fallen is free and I still have no interest in downloading it. I'd rather take a 12 hour dump.

Easy there cowboy. I don't think it's about the money as much as him spending lots of time with a game. If a game is shit, it's shit, regardless of whether it's $80 or 50 cents. Time is money, after all. Lord of the Fallen is free and I still have no interest in downloading it. I'd rather take a 12 hour dump.
Then why the fuck even game? It's one thing to ask about some shitty 5th tier, no name publisher game. But asking if Killzone is worth $5?!?

Give me a fucking break.

What's his next post? "Hey, I was thinking about taking this girl to McDonald's. She promised to give me a bj if I bought her a happy meal. Is that worth it?"

It's FIVE fuckING DOLLARS.

Then why the fuck even game? It's one thing to ask about some shitty 5th tier, no name publisher game. But asking if Killzone is worth $5?!?

Give me a fucking break.

What's his next post? "Hey, I was thinking about taking this girl to McDonald's. She promised to give me a bj if I bought her a happy meal. Is that worth it?"

what does she look like?

Give me a fucking break.

What kind of toy comes with the Happy Meal? Sometimes you gotta keep it.

Sneaking around during alert status is impossible in U4, which makes no sense. In MGS V, enemies could be on alert but wouldn't just automatically know where you are; those enemies feel more real to me.
Yeah, dropping down to a ledge isn't breaking sight with them. You needed to get out of that immediate area and back to some tall grass or somehow out of their view until they went back to normal, not try to progress forward like they're not on alert. It sounds like the equivalent of trying to sneak past enemies in a cardboard box after they've seen you get under it.

I've definitely snuck around during alert status, so I don't know what you're talking about. The best path is still to retreat and break line of sight with them until they've calmed down before trying again.

Yeah, dropping down to a ledge isn't breaking sight with them. It sounds like the equivalent of trying to sneak past enemies in a cardboard box after they've seen you get under it.
I don't think you're picturing what I'm trying to describe. Jumping down a ledge and walking a quarter mile away from that position, out of site, is not the same thing as hiding in a cardboard box in plain site.

Being on alert is not synonymous with having someone in your sights...MGS V clearly gets that. You shouldn't be forced to wait for them to break from alertness for them not to see you; you should only have to break line of sight. It makes no sense. Being on alert has nothing to do with whether or not you can see someone. But that's not what the game thinks.

5 bucks adds up...I like to hear peoples' opinions. Heck KZ doesn't look worth $5 to me....mainly cause it looks like an ultra generic FPS, but I haven't played it, and likely wont for a while till it's on a Gamestop 4 for $10 sale or something.

Then why don't you go around buying every $1 book? They're "only" one dollar so you'd be stupid not to, right?

Also, give the URL bar above another look; CHEAPASS gamer. If you're hear complaining about people being cheap, you should reevaluate the communities you participate in.

Again, time is money. even being free, some people might want to still spend their time elsewhere...maybe by buying a $5 sundae, a thing they will actually enjoy.

What kind of toy comes with the Happy Meal? Sometimes you gotta keep it.
The other month they had those super hero themed cars, and each one had it's own little trick it'd do.

I'd kill a man in front of his grandmother for the rest of those. We only got 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back