PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the difference is, The Order was served up as a tent pole reason to buy a PS4, whereas, who was even thinking about DOA5? There were much higher hopes for The Order so much greater 'butt-hurt' at the anticipointment.
Except that this was framed in terms of being a sign of the industry going down the drain. A third-person shooter not being terribly long has very little effect on the image of the industry, while the offerings of what Dead or Alive 5 Last Round's free-to-play version expects you to pay for some of these things is far beyond what we've seen for these sorts of games. After the furor about Evolve's launch DLC, one would expect that another game doing the same thing to such an extreme would bring even more anger, but that was supplanted by a third-person shooter's length so that it ultimately gets a pass.

So i brought The Order 1886 just for the hell of it knowing it was a short game. Just to find out the stupid game has those ugly Black Bars like the Evil Within :drool: Less then 5 mins in and turned the it off. I HATE games that come like this :wall: Total wast of money :censored:  

Except that this was framed in terms of being a sign of the industry going down the drain. A third-person shooter not being terribly long has very little effect on the image of the industry, while the offerings of what Dead or Alive 5 Last Round's free-to-play version expects you to pay for some of these things is far beyond what we've seen for these sorts of games. After the furor about Evolve's launch DLC, one would expect that another game doing the same thing to such an extreme would bring even more anger, but that was supplanted by a third-person shooter's length so that it ultimately gets a pass.
I'm enjoying the juxtaposition of the two contrasting opinions. The fighting game community thinks that Dead or Alive has been great for the industry because when you play a fighting game, you only play one or two characters, so that there's a free version of the game that has almost all the features of the full game including unlimited online play with great netcode is quite generous. Everything else is optional and it would make sense that the publisher would have to charge for something if they give away the core gameplay experience. It's just a different business model. Traditionally you'd buy the game and get some shiny baubles for free; here, a large chunk of the game is free and you pay for any extras you want, or nothing at all if you don't want anything.

I'm enjoying the juxtaposition of the two contrasting opinions. The fighting game community thinks that Dead or Alive has been great for the industry because when you play a fighting game, you only play one or two characters, so that there's a free version of the game that has almost all the features of the full game including unlimited online play with great netcode is quite generous. Everything else is optional and it would make sense that the publisher would have to charge for something if they give away the core gameplay experience. It's just a different business model. Traditionally you'd buy the game and get some shiny baubles for free; here, a large chunk of the game is free and you pay for any extras you want, or nothing at all if you don't want anything.
At least digitally, there's no way to get the equivalent of the retail package that costs $40. If somebody wants a similar package digitally for the obvious convenience reasons, they have to pay way more than a physical copy costs.

It's great for people that know exactly what they want. Everybody else that is more casual in nature is in a more precarious position.

So i brought The Order 1886 just for the hell of it knowing it was a short game. Just to find out the stupid game has those ugly Black Bars like the Evil Within :drool: Less then 5 mins in and turned the it off. I HATE games that come like this :wall: Total wast of money :censored:
After shitting on the game for days you bought it for the "hell of it", only to shit on it more about something that's been well known, and obvious in the youtube runs you were bitching about and mentioned in the reviews you've been referencing? I mean, you've got multiple posts deriding the game and claiming no one should support it.

I couldn't get past the tutorial for Knights in the Nightmare... Got it along with Yggdra when one of them was free with the other, but had no idea what the heck was going on. Since they seem to change the gameplay between every game, liking one apparently isn't predictive of liking the others.
Sting games are always very unique. Knights in the Knightmare is perhaps the oddest of the bunch, given it merges srpg and bullethell. I didn't 'get' it either.

Yggdra is amazing though.

Have they ever added pre-orders before the weekly update? I am guessing no but just curious

Want to get Borderlands and a protection plan as part of the spend $100

So i brought The Order 1886 just for the hell of it knowing it was a short game. Just to find out the stupid game has those ugly Black Bars like the Evil Within :drool: Less then 5 mins in and turned the it off. I HATE games that come like this :wall: Total wast of money :censored:
you know, your tv probably has a "zoom" feature, which, while cutting off a little of the sides, will also minimize those bars, if its really that horrible.

Have they ever added pre-orders before the weekly update? I am guessing no but just curious

Want to get Borderlands and a protection plan as part of the spend $100
Not sure but that would be a great one to get digitally since there's hundreds of hours of gameplay. I was thinking about a BF Hardline preorder and a year of plus but I'm not sure I've never done big games digitally.

Got $100 psn bucks from ebay. I want the Telltale pack and Child of Light. If I add 1 year of ps+ that'll put me at 99.99 won't it?

Ugh, can't decide if I should get something instead of Child of Light to maximize my savings or just something in addition to it.

Oh, maybe I'll pick up Rotastic for 0.99. Wish I hadn't finally bought Persona 4 last month.

you know, your tv probably has a "zoom" feature, which, while cutting off a little of the sides, will also minimize those bars, if its really that horrible.
probably.. but it's the point.

buy a new game and they make their HD videos in a 4:3 format... and i'm supposed to Zoom in on them?

It annoys me that there are so many "standards" for video size, 16:9 for example, and movie studios etc decide to start making wider and shorter movies so that all of us with 16:9 widescreen TV's now see bars. It's not that bad that I would stop playing the game, or stop the movie.. but it's just annoying.

They assume that we consumers always buy the "new" TV's etc every time a new screen size comes out. And game companies look like they are following suit. It would be like all movies now will be released on 3D media, and no longer be released in a non 3D format. Or 4K only, and no longer in 1080P.

Release in both formats, let us choose.

At least digitally, there's no way to get the equivalent of the retail package that costs $40. If somebody wants a similar package digitally for the obvious convenience reasons, they have to pay way more than a physical copy costs.

It's great for people that know exactly what they want. Everybody else that is more casual in nature is in a more precarious position.
No, there is. The $40 package is the PS4 and Xbox One version. The PS3 version is $30 and digital only, but it was delayed to February 24th. If you have Ultimate, it's a free upgrade which you can start playing now, but you don't get any of the new characters or costumes save one pack. If you buy Last Round on PS3, character and costume-wise, it's the same as PS4 but the PS4 version has more customization options - new hairstyles basically - and better boob physics. Though the developer did warn that they're reaching the limit with PS3 and it may not have new content in the future. It's all very confusing, I know.

So Its 2015 and people are bitching about black bars? DIdn't we get over this back int he 90s?
We shouldn't have the bars at all.

When most people had 4:3 tv's yeah.. understood. But most people have 16:9 widescreen tv's now. and they want to go super widescreen...

Is the entire game in super widescreen? or just the cutscenes? If it's the cutscenes.. meh.

entire game.. yeah it will not be owned by me.

We shouldn't have the bars at all.

When most people had 4:3 tv's yeah.. understood. But most people have 16:9 widescreen tv's now. and they want to go super widescreen...

Is the entire game in super widescreen? or just the cutscenes? If it's the cutscenes.. meh.

entire game.. yeah it will not be owned by me.
It's the entire game.

How is Hohokum? That's the only game interested from the list. Is it more of a artwork showpiece type of game? Is there fun to be had?

entire game of 1886 is black bar'd, not really that good a game worth a quick play and flip i guess if you get it super cheap but i definitely wouldn't buy it digital or hold it longer than a week. Story sucks, graphics are ok but nothing spectacular, combat is mostly annoying.  The steampunk setting is cool though, just feels like it wasn't done right.

already 2/3'd of the way done in just a few hours and i'm the guy who is STILL playing DA:I, GTA5, Diablo 3, and Destiny.

After shitting on the game for days you bought it for the "hell of it", only to shit on it more about something that's been well known, and obvious in the youtube runs you were bitching about and mentioned in the reviews you've been referencing? I mean, you've got multiple posts deriding the game and claiming no one should support it.
Yeah cause when i watched it on my phone it didnt have the Black Bars!!! If i had know i wouldnt have brought it at all

entire game of 1886 is black bar'd, not really that good a game worth a quick play and flip i guess if you get it super cheap but i definitely wouldn't buy it digital or hold it longer than a week. Story sucks, graphics are ok but nothing spectacular, combat is mostly annoying. The steampunk setting is cool though, just feels like it wasn't done right.

already 2/3'd of the way done in just a few hours and i'm the guy who is STILL playing DA:I, GTA5, Diablo 3, and Destiny.
1886 gfx look amazing but rest is weak to just ok. Took 7 hrs to beat on hard. This game is boring wait to buy for 30 or under and you will still feel like you wasted money. I bought the ce and steel case does not anything on the spine lol they forgot to add txt to it haha

1886 gfx look amazing but rest is weak to just ok. Took 7 hrs to beat on hard. This game is boring wait to buy for 30 or under and you will still feel like you wasted money. I bought the ce and steel case does not anything on the spine lol they forgot to add txt to it haha
Makes me happy that I was not an early adopter for the PS4. Games like this will be on sale for $5 by the time I get a PS4. That sounds like an excellent price for this one.

It's the entire game.
And after the first chapter I stopped noticing entirely.

I was ready to be hugely disappointed by The Order and it's not a great game in many ways but it's beautiful and I find the story compelling so far. To me it's Sony's Ryse where it has almost the exact same strengths and weaknesses but I'm loving The Order for the same reasons I loved Ryse after expecting both to be a huge let down.

Graphics in 1886 are incredibly good.

Games ok. Gonna try and finish it tomorrow then trade in to best buy
If you do this frequently you should try Gamefly, last time I checked they had a deal of $20 for 2 months, 2 Games out. I think I'm going to start doing that again. I lose interest in more games than not and never touch them again. I enjoy buying things on sale and CE's and such but couldn't pay $48 + tax at BBY for a new game, play it for a week, then trade it for $33 or $35. Rentals in my area only cost $6 for a week anyway.

If you do this frequently you should try Gamefly, last time I checked they had a deal of $20 for 2 months, 2 Games out. I think I'm going to start doing that again. I lose interest in more games than not and never touch them again. I enjoy buying things on sale and CE's and such but couldn't pay $48 + tax at BBY for a new game, play it for a week, then trade it for $33 or $35. Rentals in my area only cost $6 for a week anyway.
Or pay $48 + tax and get the game, plus a $10 cert, and trade it in for $44 :0

Interesting game The Order is. Amazingly good looking, though combat is sluggish and not really enjoyable except for looking around how beautiful the environments are. Story needed a bit better pacing, basically feels like a telltale game with third-person shooting mechanics. I'd recommend playing it, but definitely not buying it for MSRP. Have high hopes that they will make it more fledged out in the sequel.

That would be GCU he's mentioning.

20% off ALL new purchases, $10 in rewards for Preorder and pickup. I don't think there are any exceptions with GCU.
Umm, not exactly. Only certain games come with the extra $10 in rewards. It's a limited selection, not every game they have for preorder. The 20% though applies to every new game, preorder or not.

That would be GCU he's mentioning.
20% off ALL new purchases, $10 in rewards for Preorder and pickup. I don't think there are any exceptions with GCU.
I am very familiar with GCU, but it is unrelated to the $10 cert for preordering select games. As I, and now others, have mentioned, The Order did not have the cert promo.

Just quoting you since it's easier. But you are correct, only certain height drives will work in the PS4, I think many of the smaller capacity ones will work its the larger capacity (1TB+) drives that many do not work.

I found this article right after buying my PS4 knowing that I'd need to upgrade the HD at some point.
Already less than 50GB free..

Came across these photo instructions for the cheapest 2TB drive that will work in the PS4.

Drive on Amazon: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB (pick your color)
Scroll down and read the reviews/questions. Many buy this for the PS4 swap.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRHTTIA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=16P1G7TJJZ73U&coliid=IYK3KYFKQ267N&psc=1

Here is the link with ALL the instructions and downloads you need. Bookmark it for when you do swap them.
http://imgur.com/a/JF5jA

I *think* you can buy the drive alone for like $110+ It's cheaper to get the HD in the external drive, drop the 2TB in the PS4 and have a 500GB external drive for whatever else.
Thanks for all the detail. Got the drive yesterday and going to install today.

Hmm, so The Order has a scope (2.4:1) aspect ratio.  I understand why some movies are shot that way (theaters effectively support variable aspect ratios), but it's a fairly stupid choice for a video game where everyone is using 16:9 (1.78:1) HDTVs.  I found one article saying that by using this resolution they were able to enable MSAA (an anti-aliasing feature) to improve the look of the picture, but it still seems like a dubious choice to me.

Hmm, so The Order has a scope (2.4:1) aspect ratio. I understand why some movies are shot that way (theaters effectively support variable aspect ratios), but it's a fairly stupid choice for a video game where everyone is using 16:9 (1.78:1) HDTVs. I found one article saying that by using this resolution they were able to enable MSAA (an anti-aliasing feature) to improve the look of the picture, but it still seems like a dubious choice to me.
The game looks great and unless you're going to focus on it you stop noticing it all together after 20 minutes.

Resogun Defenders plus the recent Challengers update makes this easily one of the best games of this gen.

The Protector mode is a cool spin on the main mode where you just have one point to return humans to and you're doing so to fill up the houses for that level, which flips over to the next set with more humans required as the difficulty ramps up. Each time you return humans to the city, you get power-ups that boost your weapon and other attributes along with potentially giving you Super Boost or Super Overdrive power-ups that are ridiculous versions of those main weapons that have a longer distance/reach associated with them to make it easier to clear out enemies quickly. Also, every so often, a City Destroyer appears over your city and must be destroyed to keep the game going. There's a great challenge version of this mode that is open right away that gives you all of the upgrades for a ridiculously fun game to play as you can store up to 10 humans at a time with them flying out of every set of enemies you destroy, which is just chaos and is fun to get into that mode right at its top speed.

The Commando mode is kind of like if you made a version of Missile Commando where you're just playing a dude shooting up at asteroids and enemies coming after the one house that you're protecting. This is the one mode in the game where you have true dual-stick controls, as in not only being able to shoot in two directions, which lets them send in asteroids and such at many different angles at once to challenge you to take them out. Not every asteroid is aiming at the house you're protecting, so you don't need to get everything. Commando is easily the lowest-scoring mode of the bunch so far, as the top score on my friends list is just over 300k compared to the others being in the millions.

I'll probably do a stream of these modes and the stuff from the Heroes expansion later on since I'm being bombarded by a big snow storm right now.

So I've proceeded to forget about PSNOW two months in a row, and got $20 wasted on it...again. Set a calendar event on my phone for next month.

So now I have ~$7 left to spend out of the $100 before the promo ends, any ideas on what to get?

I grabbed Diablo 3 & Dragon Age, I already played through Tomb Raider not sure if its worth another playthrough when my backlog is so big already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back