PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Run Sackboy! Run! is a lot of fun. In case anyone was debating whether or not to put it on their Vita, it's fairly small (250mb ish) and it's pretty fun and has some neat objectives that make it interesting.

I suck at it and I was still able to enjoy playing it for an hour straight.

Run Sackboy! Run! is a lot of fun. In case anyone was debating whether or not to put it on their Vita, it's fairly small (250mb ish) and it's pretty fun and has some neat objectives that make it interesting.

I suck at it and I was still able to enjoy playing it for an hour straight.
Are you 12?

So should I start with Asylum and go in order?
If you go in "story" order, you might feel constrained by AA as AO is more of and open world and AA is more of a Metroidvania. However, going in release order, you might feel the combat in AO is lacking as you can feel the developer difference between AC and AO in the fighting. In any case, I feel AA is the best so I'd suggest starting with that one. If AA doesnt grab you, you might as well skip the others. AC is the most fully realized of the three, but I think the open-worlded-ness actually detracted a little compared to the confines of AA.

Atlus USA has put up a survey about the importance of dual audio to your pre-order/purchase of games with or without it:

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/583756256818503680

Bought Margaret P4AU dlc. Figure dlc don't go on sale too often.
This is the first time the Ultimax DLC has been on sale, but you have to remember how often the vanilla Arena DLC went on sale too. I hope there's going to be a big sale whenever it is they decide to update the game's version to match the arcade.

$2.50 is an okay price though, so if you were really hungering to play Margaret I could understand your decision.

affa, you got a lot of games.

I'm pretty happy with my Vita. I agree that the PS+ games will keep me busy indefinitely.

I understand slidecage probably wants AAA games but to be honest, my console with my big TV is where I want to play the big games.
I do have a lot of games. I'm patient for sales, and I enjoy a really wide variety of genres which is a great combination for the Vita.

Re: slidecage. I have a hard time figuring him out (surprise, surprise). he doesn't seem particularly interested in AAA games... usually it's obscure or japanese games like Monster Monpiece that he seems excited about... but then Sony releases an awesome, full sized game like Oreshika for only $20 and slidecage acts like Sony kicked him in the bazonkers. I don't think anything would make him happy.

This is the first time the Ultimax DLC has been on sale, but you have to remember how often the vanilla Arena DLC went on sale too. I hope there's going to be a big sale whenever it is they decide to update the game's version to match the arcade.

$2.50 is an okay price though, so if you were really hungering to play Margaret I could understand your decision.
It's not like the DLC for Arena went lower than 50% off with each sale, so it probably won't matter whether you get it now or wait a year down the line.

It's not like the DLC for Arena went lower than 50% off with each sale, so it probably won't matter whether you get it now or wait a year down the line.

I see. I didn't really have all the details when I bought it. Didn't really need right away so I suppose I could've waited. Oh well.

Re: slidecage. I have a hard time figuring him out (surprise, surprise). he doesn't seem particularly interested in AAA games... usually it's obscure or japanese games like Monster Monpiece that he seems excited about... but then Sony releases an awesome, full sized game like Oreshika for only $20 and slidecage acts like Sony kicked him in the bazonkers. I don't think anything would make him happy.
It's your own fault for paying any attention to him.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/02/titan-souls-from-game-jam-to-playstation/

Some details about the upcoming Titan Souls about its evolution since the game jam version, plus a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9LwAMut2ow

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/02/operation-abyss-hits-ps-vita-june-9th-new-details/

Operation Abyss is out for Vita on 6/9 with some new details and trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHffw_Iv4t0

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/02/infinity-runner-hits-ps4-on-april-22nd/

Infinity Runner is out for PS4 on 4/22 for $6.99.

I do have a lot of games. I'm patient for sales, and I enjoy a really wide variety of genres which is a great combination for the Vita.

i did enjoy criminal girls that was about the best game i played on the vita this year.

hyperdevotion norie would have to be the 2nd

Guessing Disgaea 5 is not going to be ported to vita this time :(

tell sony to bring out the other monster monpiece phantasy star nova , Culdcept and maybe Gallop racer and then i be happy... Man i miss playing gallop racer

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go in "story" order, you might feel constrained by AA as AO is more of and open world and AA is more of a Metroidvania. However, going in release order, you might feel the combat in AO is lacking as you can feel the developer difference between AC and AO in the fighting. In any case, I feel AA is the best so I'd suggest starting with that one. If AA doesnt grab you, you might as well skip the others. AC is the most fully realized of the three, but I think the open-worlded-ness actually detracted a little compared to the confines of AA.
I agree completely in terms of AA being the best. Far and away my favorite game of 2009 and still my favorite superhero game ever made. Although I have high hopes for the next one.

Got my $50 credit from the Playstation CC.  Now wondering what to use it on.  May wait for a sale on digital GTA V.  Also getting my Vita today, but i already have a ton of games for that, and will use it mostly for remote play.  

The only other thing I'm really tempted to use it on is to preorder Uncharted 4, which I know I will want day 1.

i did enjoy criminal girls that was about the best game i played on the vita this year.

Guessing Disgaea 5 is not going to be ported to vita this time :(

tell sony to bring out the other monster monpiece phantasy star nova , Culdcept and maybe Gallop racer and then i be happy... Man i miss playing gallop racer
Well, Culdcept on Vita would be a megaton. I think the IP is independently owned, but the franchise has been on everything from 3ds to xbox to playstation in various forms. I doubt we'll see it on vita, but hey, maybe sony will reach out and get it for ps4 and it would be cross platform to vita. one can dream.

We're only 3 months into the year and you can already name several games you enjoyed this year. Not sure what more you could ask for... in your downtime from those games, play some psp or ps1 classics!

Oreshika is my favorite game this year for vita (bloodborne for ps4) but I haven't played the others you've mentioned.

Somehow I am agreeing with slidecage?!#@$%$#!?

Criminal girls is my first plat as someone who is completely indifferent to trophies.

Wasn't there an Easter sale after Easter in prior years? I remember slidecage specifically saying, "An Easter sale after Easter? That's one slow bunny." Yes, I have the memory of an elephant.

I want both Operation Abyss and Titan Souls. Those are some great games for the Vita. As a person who loves Etrian Odyssey, Operation Abyss looks to be great.

I want both Operation Abyss and Titan Souls. Those are some great games for the Vita. As a person who loves Etrian Odyssey, Operation Abyss looks to be great.
Demon Gaze by the same developers(of Operation Abyss) from last year was a fun game, if you haven't checked it out I'd recommend it.

I would've thought so, since the EU PSN Store got an Easter Sale. But seeing as how it's already afternoon with no word, I'm guessing no.
About 10-15 more minutes till 2pm PST, at which point i'd say we can throw in the towel.

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation I think I will try to get it.
Definitely pick up Demon Gaze if you like drpgs. it's great. a couple goofy fanservice scenes but in general you'll spend most of your time in the dungeons having fun.

I apologize if this has been covered, but what do you all think of the AO deal?  Does it come with the Black Mask DLC?

I don't think the PC is going to ever get a "complete" edition, so this might be my best (cheapest) shot at adding it to my collection.

And now $50 PSN digital codes are unavailable at Amazon. I wonder if they are having problems getting more codes, or if they are doing away with certain code values. At the very least I hope Amazon keeps $20 codes.

And now $50 PSN digital codes are unavailable at Amazon. I wonder if they are having problems getting more codes, or if they are doing away with certain code values. At the very least I hope Amazon keeps $20 codes.
That would be unfortunate because it's super convenient when you need a code immediately.

you can still buy 20 and 75... i'm sure it's just a temporary thing and amazon is waiting on more codes. everyone is buying bloodborne digitally lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back