PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

You're alive! :grouphug:

I hope everything works out for you.
Yeah with CAG blocked at work again I can't be here as much as I'd like. But I've been missing you guys and had a couple drinks tonight so I felt like checking in. Maybe I'll hop on more in the evenings now that the lady is catching up on all the old Doctor Who episodes that I've already watched. Working 5-5 now so I have more free time in the evenings.

Too soon?

(GoT maybe spoiler)

5aa4e001deabf75b5b3a9224af83192e.jpg

Damn I forgot about Wipeout, I think I'll play that a little bit. That 8 player online trophy is probably impossible to get naturally at this point though.
HD or 2048? I gave up on 2048 on one of those races in the air. It was like goddamn Rainbow Road x10000. Still plan to get back to it but it is one of those games I wish the PS TV would work with.

I'm sure the significant amount of electricity in a household is generated by the heating and cooling systems. I wonder electronics usage compares with an A/C.
Another big energy hog is an electric tank water heater. It's not so bad if you're single or it's just two of you, but once you start adding more people to the household they get inefficient pretty fast. Ours is only a 40gal electric tank heater. Once we had kids, I had to up the temperature setting on it from 120F to 150F so there was enough hot water for multiple baths. With the price of the gas tankless water heaters dropping over the last several years, that will probably be one of the next home improvement items we cross of the list.

tl;dr: My energy bill is typically $150-250 with a good portion of it being from the HVAC system, but some of it because of the old ass water heater.

Another big energy hog is an electric tank water heater. It's not so bad if you're single or it's just two of you, but once you start adding more people to the household they get inefficient pretty fast. Ours is only a 40gal electric tank heater. Once we had kids, I had to up the temperature setting on it from 120F to 150F so there was enough hot water for multiple baths. With the price of the gas tankless water heaters dropping over the last several years, that will probably be one of the next home improvement items we cross of the list.

tl;dr: My energy bill is typically $150-250 with a good portion of it being from the HVAC system, but some of it because of the old ass water heater.
Tankless also gets expensive for a household with a lot of usage. You might want to also look at heat pump water heaters, as those would use less power than traditional while still retaining the reservoir approach that's useful for a family.

Damn I forgot about Wipeout, I think I'll play that a little bit. That 8 player online trophy is probably impossible to get naturally at this point though.
I don't think it was ever possible to get it naturally, I'm gonna try and run through the campaign and then I'll start organizing a group and hopefully get enough people.

Yes. No.

I got bored with it and quit about a month ago. Great cast, which is why I held on for so long... but it just doesn't go anywhere.
I can see why you quit because it did drag ass in the middle, but it really picked it up the last few episodes. The finale last night was really good.

Is Never Alone any good? Somehow I didn't "buy" it when it was free on Plus, I guess.
Don't bother. It is decent enough at the start. About 2/3 of the way in a mechanic changes and it becomes a chore to finish. Not hard at all just tedious.

I am not sure if I want to bother spending the $1 to get the 100% because that part annoyed me so much.

Blindspot s1 is wrapping up, looks like. Anybody watch it? Worth checking out?
Yes. No.

I got bored with it and quit about a month ago. Great cast, which is why I held on for so long... but it just doesn't go anywhere.
I watched it to the end, it's pretty middle of the road. I don't know if I'll watch S2. It's the type of thing that could easily fall into a narrative ponzi scheme in which they don't answer anything. I like some of the actors and the characters but the serialized and case of the week stuff is fairly weak.

That last stage you played said you were supposed to be fighting Slash and had a different picture that was not a Street Shark. That was weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Downwell is sweet. I'm not very good at it but it's fun. It is tiny on the vita screen when not using TATE mode (vertical/sideways), though. TATE mode is a bit hard to get use to. It's definitely playable in landscape, though. I think I might do better on the PS4, but haven't tried it yet.

Turtles was alright. It's really more of a beat-em-up/brawler than it is a deep action combat game. There's way too much shit going on the screen to properly time combos and dodges, since all 4 turtles are always together and basically just smashing the shit out of everything, including bosses.

The "three hour" thing is an exaggeration. Only way you're getting through this in three hours is you are a pussy and play on easy. On normal I did about 3 levels in about 90 mins, so I'd guess closer to 5 hours for the whole game (there are 9 levels I think). Not that that's great, but the three hour thing is dumb.

The "open world" stuff is stupid too. There are a couple big area levels, but there's nothing at all to do in them but track down your next objective.

$15 or $20 downloadable title probably would have better suited this game. $50 is a hard sell. Nobody pays that much for beat em ups anymore.

I can't believe the Thunder are handing the Warriors their asses.
Curry still probably has some lingering effects from his injuries, and KD and Westbrook are 2 of the 3 best players in the series. If Curry is still hurt, OKC has the two best players in the series.

Looking at it from that perspective, I shouldn't have been as surprised as I am right now.

[quote name="Wrencrest" post="13341715" timestamp="1464159006"]

name="mitch079" fucking="13341516" timestamp="1464140485"]#29 on Tampa Bay almost sounds made up

Capture.JPG[/quote]yeah and they pronounce it coocoo. Like coocoo for cocoa puffs.

Why am I awake. Arg[/quote]

What the fuck is this mess?

Get your shit together wren

Darksiders 1 was awesome and the first PS3 game I beat. I still have the disc for part 2, but will probably trade it and wait for the PS4 version to go cheap. I don't like these reports of it being completly different though. Thought it had a great Zelda but not quite Zelda formula going for it.
Yeah, I'm surprised at the hate for it in here... played it on 360 and now playing it again on PS3.

Awesome game.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the hate for it in here... played it on 360 and now playing it again on PS3.

Awesome game.
Who said they hated the first one? I thought most of the hate was for the sequel. I loved the first one. It's one of my favorite games from last gen. I'd have the plat if not for that stupid flying kills trophy.

I'm sorry, hate was probably the wrong word there... how about "surprised at the lack of unabashed hard ons for the game"?  Jimbo said he raged quit the game and wren didn't bother finishing it so that was shocking enough for me apparently.

And lmao at you guys that can't be bothered to play PS3 games... that's seeming to become some kind of a weird trend in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back