PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no luck finding accessories @ GS. I saw some stuff at sears like the traveler case for $5 but opted for a dsi case similar to the starter pack which I bought for $2 at microcenter. Also saw the headphones ad sears for $3. I would check out $5 and below they usually have old gaming accessories like cases. On the other hand I bought my component cable off eBay and cradle from amazon, all for $30.

[quote name='JYabbz']I had no luck finding accessories @ GS. I saw some stuff at sears like the traveler case for $5 but opted for a dsi case similar to the starter pack which I bought for $2 at microcenter. Also saw the headphones ad sears for $3. I would check out $5 and below they usually have old gaming accessories like cases. On the other hand I bought my component cable off eBay and cradle from amazon, all for $30.[/QUOTE]

I found a really nice official soft case at K-Mart for $7. Cradles appear to have been cleaned out in my area but I did find some at TRU and Walmart a while ago (none left now at the three stores).

yeah i was referring to USED psps that do not show up or exist on the website same as used psp gos do not show up on the website, only refurbs. just curious as i would like to pick up a used psp 2000 if its cheaper than a go. i dont even care if its scratched to hell as long as it works. i am planning on replacing the shell with one i have laying around that is brand new as i took it off my first psp 2000 and lost the psp with the replaced shell.

[quote name='mariokart64']yeah i was referring to USED psps that do not show up or exist on the website same as used psp gos do not show up on the website, only refurbs. just curious as i would like to pick up a used psp 2000 if its cheaper than a go. i dont even care if its scratched to hell as long as it works. i am planning on replacing the shell with one i have laying around that is brand new as i took it off my first psp 2000 and lost the psp with the replaced shell.[/QUOTE]

I think they are the same price as the site, my local store had a white psp and they seem to be the same price. I would call your local stores to find out. Another option would be checking craigslist, I bought my psp 3000 which had an effed up front faceplate with numerous scratches on the faceplate screen for $40. You should be able to snag a 2000 for around the same price and maybe some games.

[quote name='peloquin17']i was able to grab a mint psp go by me.

the thing looks hardly used.

accessories, on the other hand, are kinda hard to find.[/QUOTE]

How often do you make it to manhattan? I can get you component cables from a local TRU. Let me know.

Guys check out your local GS, they might be running a B1G1 50% off PSP games. I used the birthday 20% off coupon and put it to work today and was able to get everything for $60 and saved about $20.

In conjunction with the B1G1 50% off PSP games:
Activision Hits Remixed
Atari Classics Evolved
Capcom Classics Reloaded
Capcom Classics Remixed
Lunar
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Phantasy Star Portable
SNK Arcade Classics
Tactics Ogre
Taito Legends Powered Up

Also snagged PSP Go component for $.01 but they gave it to me for free :bouncy:, too bad I already payed $8 for one on eBay :cry:

In for a psp go when I get off of work today. My local store has a white one. I plan to get a docking station and cables to interact with my ps3 and have some fun. Are there psp demos on the ps store? Thanks!

The cradles are down to $3 at Toys R Us. They also have the traveler cases for $4.90 and the AC adapter (which you already get when you buy it from Gamestop) for $1.50.

[quote name='jetthead']The cradles are down to $3 at Toys R Us. They also have the traveler cases for $4.90 and the AC adapter (which you already get when you buy it from Gamestop) for $1.50.[/QUOTE]

Sucks the TRU in manhattan has been bone dry for some time.

[quote name='jetthead']The cradles are down to $3 at Toys R Us. They also have the traveler cases for $4.90 and the AC adapter (which you already get when you buy it from Gamestop) for $1.50.[/QUOTE]

Is the Toys R Us online inventory checker correct in respect to the cradle?

[quote name='Shimrra']Sucks the TRU in manhattan has been bone dry for some time.[/QUOTE]

I feel most metropolitan located TRU would be long gone by now or shipped away to make room for other stuff especially the TRU in manhattan. IMO it is the rural TRU that might still have them in stock. If haven't already bought one, you try to snag one for $25 new on Amazon like I did. For $25 you get a portable home console and still a deal since I assume most of use got the go for $50. Check out some GS for the component cables, like I said before I got mine penny'd out for 1 cent.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Is the Toys R Us online inventory checker correct in respect to the cradle?[/QUOTE]

Its probably like Bestbuy's inventory checker, some posters stated none showed up online but they saw less than 3 in store.

Amazon still has a new 1 for $25 shipped with prime.

I just got a mint condition psp go , syncing with a dual shock was real easy, just connected both to Ps3 with the corresponding USB cables and voila, it feels awesome playing with dualshock, just have to find a cradle and component cables to play on the big screen :) , I saw some component cables at toys r us for $9.98 on clearance on the price tag last week, I didnt ask if they were cheaper since I didnt have the psp go until today, is that the regular clearance price or should they be cheaper by now

[quote name='smokeyp31']I just got a mint condition psp go , syncing with a dual shock was real easy, just connected both to Ps3 with the corresponding USB cables and voila, it feels awesome playing with dualshock, just have to find a cradle and component cables to play on the big screen :) , I saw some component cables at toys r us for $9.98 on clearance on the price tag last week, I didnt ask if they were cheaper since I didnt have the psp go until today, is that the regular clearance price or should they be cheaper by now[/QUOTE]

That's the going rate for one on TRU. You can still get them cheaper on Amazon or eBay but you have to wait.

wanted to say thanks to the OP and everyone else in this thread. found a bunch of used Go's in the PGH area and snagged a PRISTINE one about a week ago. love it so far. loaded it up with all sorts of 'extras' already.

Also wanted to point out this eBay seller that i'm pretty certain is selling legit 8GB M2 cards for $9.95 or less w/best offer and free s&h. it's a US seller which I think is a pretty good indicator of legit cards? I'm not sure, could only find solid info on spotting fake Duo cards not M2s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...essories&hash=item53f4d16316&autorefresh=true

[quote name='kube00']Anyone have a suggestion for a cheap case?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a DSi case from Microcenter for $2 on clearance. Fits decently and has a strap to hold down the PSP Go with a ton of extra storage.

Game_Traveler_case__03198.1354729193.1280.1280.JPG

You can try the PSP Go Traveler case from TRU or Sears but not a fan as the triggers are exposed.

Fellow CAG picked me up a new one on clearance for $90 shipped, will be revisiting some PSP games when I get it. When I use the dual shock 3 I can set the right stick to whatever input I want, right (kind of like with the vita)?

[quote name='Downpresser']wanted to point out this eBay seller that i'm pretty certain is selling legit 8GB M2 cards for $9.95 or less w/best offer and free s&h. it's a US seller which I think is a pretty good indicator of legit cards? I'm not sure, could only find solid info on spotting fake Duo cards not M2s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...essories&hash=item53f4d16316&autorefresh=true[/QUOTE]

My 8GB M2 witch i believe to be legit (MagicGate Supported) does not seem to say Made in China M208-XXXXX on the side like the one you linked to does. It might be a little hard to see because the card is so small but i bounced some light off of it looked at different degrees and could not see this on my card.

9sgcgo.jpg

Card from eBay listing.

Got a white one last wednesday, but the screen was messed up, so I returned it for a black one in better condition. Thanks OP! If someone finds an extra cradle, I'd be willing to buy for a reasonable price.

Oh and I bought one of the M2 cards from bestestoreus on ebay (posted earlier in the thread) and it is Magicgate supported, so it should be genuine.

Got a black & a blue traveler case for $0.50 each in Kmart, mine had like 9 traveler cases that when I went last month there was none. They still have a couple of the cables (out of system, YMMV on price) and the soft pouch was $7

[quote name='Kelegacy']This was the best purchase I had made in a long time. Each night I have it open on the couch, playing away. Love it.[/QUOTE]

Non of my stores ever got any in. I'm still checking ebay on a regular basis though so hopefully I will end up with a decent one at some point.

[quote name='Green Card200']Fellow CAG picked me up a new one on clearance for $90 shipped, will be revisiting some PSP games when I get it. When I use the dual shock 3 I can set the right stick to whatever input I want, right (kind of like with the vita)?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Kelegacy']This was the best purchase I had made in a long time. Each night I have it open on the couch, playing away. Love it.[/QUOTE]

this. I've been playing the shit out of Link to the Past. GBA games look great on the PSP Go.

Agree 100%. One of my best purchases of 2013 so far. Amazing little system that can play a bunchhhhh of games if you know what I mean!

I found a tru with 3 of the docking stations at $3 each. They also had the component cable for $9.98. I didn't pick up the cables yet.

Then I went to KMart and found 3 pspgo AC chargers for 99 cents each. I got those for free with $3 in random KMart points.

I'll probably use them as trade fodder at the flea market.

I just downloaded Wild Arms on my PSP Go earlier today. Is there a way for me to copy the game from my Go to my PS3? Sorry, but this my first time using PSN.

[quote name='josekortez']I just downloaded Wild Arms on my PSP Go earlier today. Is there a way for me to copy the game from my Go to my PS3? Sorry, but this my first time using PSN.[/QUOTE]

Look in your downloads list on your ps3 store. It should be there and let you download it.

[quote name='Pasicho']Look in your downloads list on your ps3 store. It should be there and let you download it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Unfortunately, thanks to a screw-up from the good people at Verizon, I don't currently have home internet, so I'm assuming that once I get it, I can set up the PS3 store on my PS3, and I'll be able to download it from there. Thankfully, I have the PSP Go component cable, so I will be able to play Wild Arms on my TV. Thanks again, though.

Can you hook up the cradle in such a way that you can get it to work via HDMI? Do they sell component cable to HDMI adapters? My PC monitor would be perfect to play the PSP Go games on the big screen but I think it's HDMI/DVI/VGA only.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Can you hook up the cradle in such a way that you can get it to work via HDMI? Do they sell component cable to HDMI adapters? My PC monitor would be perfect to play the PSP Go games on the big screen but I think it's HDMI/DVI/VGA only.[/QUOTE]

There are some like this one for $30: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Component-video-YPbPr-Converter-Up-scale/dp/B0016SN49Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362851720&sr=1-1&keywords=component+to+hdmi
Don't know how well they work though!

[quote name='MakiManPR']The PSP GOs are still $50?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked they were back up to $60 for used.

bread's done
Back