PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IceTeaCrisis']Love the Taito classics. Taito Legends was always in my PSP.
Aside from the good new PSP games the classic collections were a great reason to grab a PSP.

Taito Legends Power-Up
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection
EA Replay
Midway Arcade Treasures
Namco Museum[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant Taito Legends. Memories is the name of the Japanese version for the PSP. The main difference between the two is the inclusion of Rainbow Islands: Extra, which didn't appear on the domestic PSP version.

i was fortunate to find a Go but now I can't find any accessories for this device. If anyone can find a charge dock like the one GS sold PM me.

are used ones different from the recharged ones offered on the website? I searched using the recharged ones and it says none within 100 miles.

just wondering

[quote name='icpmattj']are used ones different from the recharged ones offered on the website? I searched using the recharged ones and it says none within 100 miles.

just wondering[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are different.
Used ones are not online.

I'm happy that this deal popped up while I was in the market for a PSP Go; less happy that none of the three stores seemed to have any in stock over the long weekend. I guess it's back to stalking eBay.

[quote name='Shimrra']i was fortunate to find a Go but now I can't find any accessories for this device. If anyone can find a charge dock like the one GS sold PM me.[/QUOTE]

Sears is clearancing out the Travel Cases for 4.97 each and the in-ear headset for 2.97. I picked up two of each at my local Sears and they still had 5+ of each on the shelf. Ofcourse YMMV because it's on clearance.

The component cables can be had for fairly cheap on Amazon. I picked up for about $6 w/ free shipping.

The cradles however are harder to find. I've been trying to find one myself, but I may just give up and spend $20-$30 for one.

On a side note, I think I'd like to mention how much I am enjoying my PSP Go since getting it a couple weeks back. The screen quality + sound quality + awesome button layout has made me really enjoy it over my old 1001 that was just collecting dust. The travel case I picked up at Sears is the icing on the cake because since I started using it, I no longer get cramps in my hands anymore after playing for a long period of time (my only complaint because I have gigantic hands). Really a great device that got overlooked.

I can also confirm that I saw the PSP Go Traveler cases for $5 & the headphones for $3 but YMMV.

Picked up two 8gb M2 memory stick @ $10.50 shipped from the same seller you guys posted and also an OEM PSP Go component cable for $7 shipped from eBay to go along with the cradle I bough a while ago, no prime. Hopefully the Go traveler cases drop in price a little bit more but @ $5, it still seems like a good enough price as is though..

[quote name='josekortez']Sorry, I meant Taito Legends. Memories is the name of the Japanese version for the PSP. The main difference between the two is the inclusion of Rainbow Islands: Extra, which didn't appear on the domestic PSP version.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I was looking for the difference between the two thanks for pointing it out.

Not sure if anyone is interested. Maybe for collection sake since i know this got an English release and is the same price used at GameStop if you can find it, but Amazon has Phantom Brave Portable Japan import UMD two left from a third party seller for 8 dollars ships prime.

Went to GameStop, only PSPgo they had was $60, but it had a screen protector and I didn't argue over $10. Traded in like six old PSP games and four memory sticks for $48 total.

I had brought my PSP 1000 to trade in but stupidly didn't realize the charger needed to be brought along too, so I still have that. Will probably sell it off for $20.

[quote name='Blabadon']Went to GameStop, only PSPgo they had was $60, but it had a screen protector and I didn't argue over $10. Traded in like six old PSP games and four memory sticks for $48 total.

I had brought my PSP 1000 to trade in but stupidly didn't realize the charger needed to be brought along too, so I still have that. Will probably sell it off for $20.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the "Refurbished" one that is listed on their website still. Which comes with a screen protector and cleaning cloth. The $50 one is just a "Used" one. Which is stupid IMO. They should just sell all for $50.

[quote name='ChuckZ']So I should be able to find a used PSP Go for 50 dollars if I walk into a Gamestop to buy 1[/QUOTE]

IDK, why don't you go into GS and find out. Or if you are smart and want to save your gas and time, you can call your local GS and find out for yourself.

I can probably snag another PSP Go in Black or maybe White (not minty) if they have Xenoblade Chronicles for trade or willing to pick me up a copy and trade. PM if anyone is interested.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did anyone else buy the Go just for its TV out with dual shock ability?

It was the main draw to me as I can't stand looking at portables for too long. Just figures too with the rumor of a new Vita edition coming out with HDMI Out. >_>

At least that will make it full screen.[/QUOTE]

Dual Shock 3/bluetooth capability and TV out was the main reason I got a PSP Go, even though I have a PSP 3000.

A Vita with HDMI out?! That's news to me! Now just throw in Dual Shock 3 support and I might bite on a Vita.

Since the Vita got no love during tonight's event, I will probably return mine and get a Go. I'll probably re-buy the Vita once the price lowers and it gets more established. Now I just got to find a Go.

You do know that there are hundreds of digital PSP titles available for the Vita, and that they look and often play better on the Vita? Seems kind of strange trading that in for a Go; I think you might not be as blown away by it as you think. Its a great little handheld (I picked up a few) with a lot of possibilities, but the Vita's larger, much higher rez OLED screen blows this away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']You do know that there are hundreds of digital PSP titles available for the Vita, and that they look and often play better on the Vita? Seems kind of strange trading that in for a Go; I think you might not be as blown away by it as you think. Its a great little handheld (I picked up a few) with a lot of possibilities, but the Vita's larger, much higher rez OLED screen blows this away.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. I like the Vita, but with a rumored price drop coming, I would be better off returning the one I got and waiting for that and possibly newer bundles. I'll either get the Go, or take my chances on a Cowboom Vita.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You do know that there are hundreds of digital PSP titles available for the Vita, and that they look and often play better on the Vita? Seems kind of strange trading that in for a Go; I think you might not be as blown away by it as you think. Its a great little handheld (I picked up a few) with a lot of possibilities, but the Vita's larger, much higher rez OLED screen blows this away.[/QUOTE]
Vita can't touch my PS3 3D TV with DS3 setup with a Go. It's not even close. I'm ready to sell my Vita and pick up one with HDMI out when they finally release that.

It's between a PSP Go or a PlayStation Vita the PlayStation Vita's very expensive at the moment but I might just wait to the price drops for me to pick 1 up. I really like the Vita but it's just way too expensive, I'm going to go in on Friday to gamestop and check out their selection of used PSP Go's

Went to return something and it seems the go has increased to $60 for the used ones. But YMMV. Remember there is a coupon for $10 off PUR

[quote name='jedolley']Since the Vita got no love during tonight's event, I will probably return mine and get a Go. I'll probably re-buy the Vita once the price lowers and it gets more established. Now I just got to find a Go.[/QUOTE]

How did the Vita get no love? It was a PS4 announcement and they still introduced some cool things you can do on the Vita in conjunction with the PS4. Were you expecting them to announce new Vita games at a PS4 event?

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']How did the Vita get no love? It was a PS4 announcement and they still introduced some cool things you can do on the Vita in conjunction with the PS4. Were you expecting them to announce new Vita games at a PS4 event?[/QUOTE]

They never came out and said it was going to be a PS4 event even though it was rumored to be. It was a advertised as a Playstation event, and I was hoping (more than expecting) some sort of Vita discussion even if it was just a small tidbit (remote play does not count).

I'll say it again... I really like my PS Vita, but it's not getting much attention. It's been a year and there isn't that many games out for it and for 2013 there are only 6 or so games confirmed to be launching this year. I'm not going to give up on it yet, but since i'm still within my return period, it would make more sense financially for me to try to pick up a used one for over $100 less. I had considered returning my Vita and getting a Go only to wait for the price drop, but that doesn't appear to be happening anymore...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/yoshida-no-vita-price-cut-for-north-america/

Regardless of what he said in the article, the Vita needs a price drop to be competitive, IMO.

Yeah . I haven't bought a vita game for awhile, and i only use it now to play my ps3 games when im bored =|. -remote play on cfw- and tbh i think it was mainly a ps4 event because of the future of playstation slogan thing.. As i think we'll see more of vita (Hopefully lol not suprised if it isnt >_> dam sony) at e3.

As for the psp go i can't find them at my jacksonville fl area ):

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I think everyone knew what the point of yesterday's event was....[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Obviously the main focus was going to be PS4, but I am not alone in thinking/hoping the Vita would have received some news. They labeled it as a PLAYSTATION event and one of the last videos of "Playstation Past" was of the Vita and PSP, so it would not have been a stretch to think/hope that there would have been more mention of the Vita's future.

[quote name='simmias']Vita can't touch my PS3 3D TV with DS3 setup with a Go. It's not even close. I'm ready to sell my Vita and pick up one with HDMI out when they finally release that.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd rather play Vita games at 960x44 on a 5" OLED screen, than PSP games at 480x272 on a 4" screen, or blown up on a 24" screen. That kins of resolution doesn't look great on a TV, period.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the games look OK especially since the Sony 3D TV makes them fill the screen (whereas most LCD/Plasma TVs just display a heavily letterboxed version, which doesn't look great), but it's not something I would sacrifice a Vita for. No reason not to have both these days anyway, given the prices.

[quote name='jedolley']:roll:

Obviously the main focus was going to be PS4, but I am not alone in thinking/hoping the Vita would have received some news. They labeled it as a PLAYSTATION event and one of the last videos of "Playstation Past" was of the Vita and PSP, so it would not have been a stretch to think/hope that there would have been more mention of the Vita's future.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one that thinks the announcements they made about the Vita being used in connection with the PS3 were a big deal?

To me, the Vita is a handheld system, and it is going to have games. Some will be good, some will be bad. It offers some of what Nintendo really doesn't offer as handheld with the 3DS.

As someone who doesn't own a Vita their announcement about potentially streaming PS1-4 titles onto a handheld device as well as it being used as a Wii U type controller made me more interested in buying the system than any game announcement would have.

[quote name='mariokart64']how about non "go" psps? how much do used psps sell for at the stop?[/QUOTE]

Look @ the website, should be the same price. The 3000 core system is being sold @ Target for $100

I picked one up about a week ago. Loving it so far. The only games I've been playing are Work Time Fun and Hot Shots Golf.

I would like to find a cradle but that is proving to be some trouble.

[quote name='bjstucker']hmm it looks like they have gone up in price. 69.99 online is it cheaper in store?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JYabbz']Went to return something and it seems the go has increased to $60 for the used ones. But YMMV. Remember there is a coupon for $10 off PUR[/QUOTE]

Must be to so many CAG members buying them all up.

[quote name='bjstucker']hmm it looks like they have gone up in price. 69.99 online is it cheaper in store?[/QUOTE]

That's for the recharged/refurbished, but I believe it was $59.99 last week. The ones people are referring to in this thread are "Used or Pre-Owned" and do not show up on the site, only in store.

My offer still stands if anyone can track down a copy of xenoblade chronicles, I can snag someone a PSP Go in exchange and set it for you if you want ;).

Using a DualShock 3 with the PSPgo is great. Just wish I could configure buttons to the right stick.

For anyone who has an extra controller and is wondering how it works (for me at least), you connect the controller and PSPgo to a PS3. They sync, and then you can freely turn on and off Bluetooth to use the controller with the PSPgo wherever, whenever.

[quote name='sasukekun']Price increased on Wednesday.

$59.99 for preowned
$69.99 for recharged (refurbished)[/QUOTE]

Yes I called and spoke with some GameStop reps and they did confirm those prices for both used and the refurb ones. Plus it seems almost everywhere in Miami (where I live) around my
expanded area is sold out of any PSP go's there was just one store that had just one left that was pretty far, I asked him if it was in decent condition without scratches and he was able to confirm that it didnt and it looked alright.

While doing some research on Handhelds I was really looking to buy a system (Handheld) that I was able to play a diverse set of games and emulators on. For example PSX, PSP, GBA, SNES, N64 etc... Not to mention android apk games! I am really starting to enjoy android market and game selection they have.

So I eventually during this search for this non existent handheld I came across a couple of handhelds that actually do what I am looking for. But I wanted to sort of post it on here to get more opinions on if I should just stick with the PSP or if I should actually take the plunge on this potential handhelds?

http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?id=626&selectclassid=009006

Here is it in effect on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99dEdKi1E4s

Do you guys think I should invest in this or just stick it with PSP go?

[quote name='ChuckZ']I also came across this one
http://www.archos.com/products/gamepad/index.html?country=gb&lang=en

I would appreciate any opinions on what you guys think of these!:bouncy:

(Sorry in advance to moderator if this post belongs in a new thread. I would appreciate a re-post in a new thread. So I dont have to retype everything.)[/QUOTE]

Dude STOP talking about emulation or you'll be BANNED. Did you not read what the mods posted here?!?! Are you slow? Just STOP.

Not touching that.......soooooooooo anyone else have any luck finding accessories in GS? seems like every GS in NYC has either been picked cleaned or they just haven't had anything for some time.

bread's done
Back