PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='josekortez']Does anyone know if you can reset the PlayStation Network account or do you have to log in under the previous owner's PSN account? I want to download Darius Burst, but I've never used PSN before.[/QUOTE]

I hate to quote myself, but does anybody know whether or not I'll be able to create my own PSN account to use on my recently acquired Go? Wikipedia said that the system is forever linked to whatever account is set up first, but I'm hoping there's a workaround...

[quote name='josekortez']I hate to quote myself, but does anybody know whether or not I'll be able to create my own PSN account to use on my recently acquired Go? Wikipedia said that the system is forever linked to whatever account is set up first, but I'm hoping there's a workaround...[/QUOTE]

I created a PSN account and linked it to my PSPGo VERY easily. To be fair, I lost access to the downloaded version of Socom that was already on there, but I didn't see it as a big loss, so I was fine with it.

[quote name='josekortez']I hate to quote myself, but does anybody know whether or not I'll be able to create my own PSN account to use on my recently acquired Go? Wikipedia said that the system is forever linked to whatever account is set up first, but I'm hoping there's a workaround...[/QUOTE]

What article from wiki? Anyways, yes you can create a new account easily. Don't know why you haven't tried it? Also, once you do, you will not be able to play the prev. owner games.

I'm still waiting for my cables to come in because my hand can get slightly cramped from playing, but it has still been really neat. I own a 1000 and a 2000 and played them a bit, but the Go has really brought me back into enjoying the PSP library.

in regards to the wiki
The PSP Go Wikipedia page mentions "a PSP must be linked to a single PlayStation Network account." but that means one at a time so you can not have two on one device at once i believe.

Got one as well. Thanks again OP! Also, does any keep getting an error where it won't update and keep stating that it cannot connect to the server? I've tried to do it manually, and for some reason it downloads at 300-500 KB/sec. And it takes a while to download for some reason. Thanks for any help!

I had problems updating through the system but was able to grab 6.60 off the official PSP site with no problems. It was around 35Mb maybe and only took a few seconds to download for me.

I've been playing with mine all week. Someone mentioned the novelty wearing off. While my hand gets a little cramped it has really made me rediscover some great stuff in the PSP Library that i had missed. I got one of my two fully set up and ready to go. (no poor pun intended) minus my cables I'm waiting on to hook it up to the TV.

I kind of keep trying to bump this thread. If you are on the fence still. 50 dollars is a great price for the hardware, and investing a little more can get you a neat on TV set up. Plus with the GameStop UMD sale that just ended and with how cheap UMDs are helps a bit.a lot of games outside of the more hard to come by and super popular ones are under 10 dollars.

I whole heartedly agree. $70 w/ cables and cradle is a real no brainer for me (also helps that I had a DS3 laying around). I think I'm going to list my 360 on Craigslist, because between this and my PC I think I'm set with my gaming needs. I get to play awesome PSP games, relive my childhood with some PS1 classics, and I can even carry my genesis collection with me on the road too which is awesome. I also don't really have as much time to game as I used to because of school, so the fact that I can take it on the road and play anywhere, but still have a console to play on the big screen, is great.

I have a white vita, just bought a 3DS XL a minute ago but i still find myself wanting this! ugh - if I can find a while one I'd probably do it.

[quote name='Geco17']Got one as well. Thanks again OP! Also, does any keep getting an error where it won't update and keep stating that it cannot connect to the server? I've tried to do it manually, and for some reason it downloads at 300-500 KB/sec. And it takes a while to download for some reason. Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

are you sure you're didn't get a CFW PSPGO? Check the Firmware version and the name

[quote name='djricekcn']are you sure you're didn't get a CFW PSPGO? Check the Firmware version and the name[/QUOTE]

Oh yea that might be the reason too in witch case you more then likely would not want to update. GameStop usualy checks and resets them but they may had just powered it on it worked and let it go. If that is the case just enjoy as is.

What's the latest version for the PSP go?
I wouldbt mind picking one of these up and hacking it if its worth it.
I've never really hacked a PSP so I'd be curious what I can get done with a hacked PSP go..

The latest version of PSPGo can be hacked, the difference is if you have an older version it can be permahacked meaning every time you turn on your PSPGo it will automatically load up the custom rom so you can play "homebrew" games.

With the latest version, you can install the custom rom but you will have to load it up every time you startup your PSPGo otherwise you wont' be able to see "homebrew" games. It's not that big of a deal because it's fairly quick it's just one extra step compared to the permahack.

Is the PSP go really worth investing in as well as hacking at this point?

Do the CFW offer anything more than the OFW?
I wouldn't mind having a mobile gaming system especially if I can install some Emulators on it, I just don't really know what its GPU limits are.

[quote name='ChuckZ']Is the PSP go really worth investing in as well as hacking at this point?[/QUOTE]

It's $50, do the math for yourself... I already had a 1000 and still bought a Go for $50.
Now I can play 2-player Ad-Hoc games, and play games on the Go with my Dualshock.

Do the CFW offer anything more than the OFW?
I wouldn't mind having a mobile gaming system especially if I can install some Emulators on it, I just don't really know what its GPU limits are.

Excellent emulators of all systems up to 16-bit (Genesis/SNES/NeoGeo/CPS2)
N64 Emulator that functions, though not 100%. Only PSP EMU still in development to my knowledge.
Plays ALL PS1 games, you'll need to rip your collection to ISO and transfer with a PC though.
Worth it in that the PSN store does not have all PS1 games, and you don't want to pay again for games you already own...

Google Wololo on the dot net.

[quote name='ChuckZ']Is the PSP go really worth investing in as well as hacking at this point?
[/QUOTE]

I'd say 100% yes. It is super cheap and it is so easy to CFW if you go that route.

For $50 or $60 you get a whole lot of bang. I've been playing Lunar: TSSSC on my PSP Go (PSone game) and it looks awesome. I am not a big handheld/portable gamer but it is insanely easy to take with you. It's so small and you can slap it shut and throw it in a pocket and just go. My wife will yell to me to do something, or the kids, and I can just shut it and take off. I even bought another for my young son just for SNES and Genesis games, which look and run awesome thus far.

Some people may have hand cramps if they play certain games, but I bought a grip for my PSPGo for some of those games. Makes it feel like a Dual Shock but I still play without it most of the time.

So far I can say this is my favorite portable ever (until I own a Vita someday). I own a DS and DSXL and those are good but it's nice not having to need a stylus for games, plus the power of the PSP just makes those DS games look ancient for the most part.

The only issue I've had was that the power switch and the wireless switch are too low I always fear accidentally flipping one.

If you guys are having trouble picking this up for $50, don't buy one. There are too many pros to outweigh the cons for the system. 16gb of space is really all the space you ever need to put a couple games, some wallpaper pictures, and maybe a soundtrack or two. If you have a problem with space, you can always delete the games you don't play and put them on at a later date or you can pony up the extra cash for a memory stick. I thought the psp go was a steal for this price, assuming you can get a good one. I actually like less people buying the psp go @ $50 because it might mean we might get another price drop on these bad boys soon. Still waiting for them to drop the DS XL @ this price point in the future. Don't really need it like the psp go but would be nice to have as well.

I don't really listen to music on portable gaming devices, but audiophiles claim that PSP GO has a lot better audio clearity over PSP Vita (and including PSP 3000s) when using the same headphones. I think I read one review where someone made a very bold statement saying it was better than the A-series.

also Jyabbz, i think you meant, buy one and not don't buy one by reading your context.

[quote name='djricekcn']
also Jyabbz, i think you meant, buy one and not don't buy one by reading your context.[/QUOTE]

I meant for $50 absolutely buy a PSP Go. But if you are still having doubts then don't because it means the Go will sit in the shelves a little longer and maybe that will trigger a price drop for others on the fence.

So I just visit any local gamestop.
And ask if I can browse their used PSP Go selection and choose the best one & it'll be 50 plus tax right? Cool.
Do the controls change if you use your Dual Shock?
For example the dual Joysticks compared to the Just left the go has...

Only on the fence cause kinda want a vita. Thought bout the GO for now and see what happens with the prices on the Vitas. Opinions are appreciated!

[quote name='ChuckZ']So I just visit any local gamestop.
And ask if I can browse their used PSP Go selection and choose the best one & it'll be 50 plus tax right? Cool.
Do the controls change if you use your Dual Shock?
For example the dual Joysticks compared to the Just left the go has...[/QUOTE]

You can choose to set the right analog stick to d-pad, face buttons, left analog stick (no point in having the same thing on two sticks) or off.

[quote name='ChuckZ']So I just visit any local gamestop.
And ask if I can browse their used PSP Go selection and choose the best one & it'll be 50 plus tax right? Cool.[/QUOTE]

That's it. Ask to see more then one if they have a few and have them plug it in. make sure it charges and holds a charge. that the screen is in decent shape all the buttons work OK and you are good to go.

and while you are there take a glance for the PSP Go starter kit for 5 dollars so you have a case for it and you will be all set.

Closest one is 93 miles away. Damn.

I'm wanting to play ALL the Metal Gear games and the only one I don't have is "Portable Ops" and for some reason the digital download of it can't be played on Vita. Ugh. :(

[quote name='Komentra']Closest one is 93 miles away. Damn.

I'm wanting to play ALL the Metal Gear games and the only one I don't have is "Portable Ops" and for some reason the digital download of it can't be played on Vita. Ugh. :([/QUOTE]

No luck for me either. I'm not sure how they distribute these for sales but none of my GS stores have had any for a while. Bummer. Ebay prices don't look good either especially when you can't check the unit out before purchase.

Is there any possible way to run app games or mobile games on this thing?

Also do Nintendo 64 roms work well on this I also here this is a way to play for psOne games as well as Ps2 games on a hacked PSP...

I want to invest in getting a Handheld gaming system and hacking it to my advantage but I'm not sure what I would be better with, this or buying one of the Nintendo DS models and buying the r4 or hacking chip for it to play free games n stuff.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChuckZ']Is there any possible way to run app games or mobile games on this thing?

Also do Nintendo 64 roms work well on this I also here this is a way to play for psOne games as well as Ps2 games on a hacked PSP...

I want to invest in getting a Handheld gaming system and hacking it to my advantage but I'm not sure what I would be better with, this or buying one of the Nintendo DS models and buying the r4 or hacking chip for it to play free games n stuff.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Calm your jets with the whole hacking thing buddy.

Thanks OP. Managed to pick one up. There are some slight scratches at one portion of the screen but when the screen is on, I don't notice it that much. I have a 2000 and picked up a Go just for the non-ghosting screen and portability. 16GB of space is plenty and if you are running out of space, compress your iso's to cso's. It doesn't add that much to the load times. At $50, you cannot go wrong. I have a hacked Vita as well and am considering going official with it now that I have a hacked Go.

[quote name='Blabadon']Calm your jets with the whole hacking thing buddy.[/QUOTE]

Hack hack hack hack
Gotta hack it. Lol

I'm obsessed with exploitation can't you tell.

[quote name='ChuckZ']Hack hack hack hack
Gotta hack it. Lol

I'm obsessed with exploitation can't you tell.[/QUOTE]
You can do way more with a PSP than with a 3DS/DSi/DS. No there is no way (EVER) to play PS2 games on the Go. Vita might have a very slim chance but given how fast Sony kills the exploits, it's a race against time each time a new exploit is revealed at wololo. Plus all it got us so far are PSP emulator exploits.
The DS emulation do not compare to the PSP (DS is too slow to run anything beyond NES/GBA).
And no, you cannot run android/iOS apps/games on this. I haven't tried N64 roms but I doubt they'd run full speed with sound.

[quote name='mink-e']I created a PSN account and linked it to my PSPGo VERY easily. To be fair, I lost access to the downloaded version of Socom that was already on there, but I didn't see it as a big loss, so I was fine with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, mink-e. The reason I asked is that I saw what the prices were for the games that the previous owner had already downloaded. I didn't want to pay for Metal Gear again, but on the other hand, I will probably want to put the two Capcom Classics, the Powerstone Collection and Taito Memories on it at some point.

[quote name='ChuckZ']Hack hack hack hack
Gotta hack it. Lol

I'm obsessed with exploitation can't you tell.[/QUOTE]

He only mentioned it because some of those things are a bit taboo and that talk is frowned upon.

I personally like to mess with my electronics to get the most out of them (like putting Android on my Touchpad to make it even better), but I can see why he warned you.

Either way, if you like emulation the PSP is the way to go over a DS. As mentioned, the DS is just too slow.

For anyone looking for a case for a psp go, Sears is clearancing out the traveler cases at 4.97 each and the matching in ear headsets for 2.97. I got some last night and the traveler case really makes the unit a lot easier to hold while playing. Headset isn't bad either.

[quote name='josekortez'] Taito Memories on it at some point.[/QUOTE]

Love the Taito classics. Taito Legends was always in my PSP.
Aside from the good new PSP games the classic collections were a great reason to grab a PSP.

Taito Legends Power-Up
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection
EA Replay
Midway Arcade Treasures
Namco Museum

Though I would love to keep my PSP Go I'm going to New York in march and need to seel some things including the PSP go I just bought. :(

If anyone is interested please let me know. Its black and has some scratches on the screen and some scuffs but works like a champ. I will even include the cradle I just bought. Please pm if interested.

Guys if you have 7500 PUR points you can get $10 off a pre-owned/used or refurbished PSP. Might sweeten the deal for you guys @ $40 + Tax. I really don't need another one but @ $40 it really is a steel :lol:.

Did anyone else buy the Go just for its TV out with dual shock ability?

It was the main draw to me as I can't stand looking at portables for too long. Just figures too with the rumor of a new Vita edition coming out with HDMI Out. >_>

At least that will make it full screen.

Thanks for the info on this, OP! I checked the closest GS - they didn't have any, but the employee printed a list of the nearest locations with some in stock. Hopefully I'll find one in good condition tomorrow.

Some discussions about things related to the PSP will get people banned. Plenty of places on the Internet to find out information that's not discussable on CAG. Stop discussing that in here.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did anyone else buy the Go just for its TV out with dual shock ability?

It was the main draw to me as I can't stand looking at portables for too long. Just figures too with the rumor of a new Vita edition coming out with HDMI Out. >_>

At least that will make it full screen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought it just for this. I generally like to play my games on the largest screen possible. However you should know if you do use the Go it doesn't stretch out fully on to the screen with the component cables. Its still much bigger than playing it on the Go but its just something people should be aware of before purchasing.

[quote name='CheapyD']RULES & GUIDELINES

*Do not create a topic in this forum if you are not introducing a previously unposted specific deal that is available now or will be available in the future.
If you have a question or want to discuss deals in general, do it here.

*Search to see if the deal has been posted already.
Duplicate posts will be deleted or locked and may result in your fellow CAGs making fun of you.

*Describe your deal as specifically as possible in your post's title.
This makes your deal easier to find.
Spelling, grammar, and not posting in ALL CAPS makes us feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Good topic name: =D>
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC) used, $6.74 after coupon at EBgames.com

Bad topic name: [-X
eternal drakness!!! great dealz!!

*If I feel the quality is there, I will post them on the front page and give you credit . You are encourged to post where/how you found the deal.

*Feel free to go back and edit your topic names and posts to reflect the status of the deal. If the deal has died, you can edit the subject title to include "[Dead]".

*In this forum, your post may be edited to make the deal clearer or more specific. If I'm feeling especially motivated, I may even throw in a picture or two. Whenever possible I may edit or include links to include CAG's affiliate link.

*Do not post affiliate links (if you don't know what an affiliate link is, just ignore this) other than CAG's.

*If you are a game retailer or other commercial entity, please contact me first before posting your wares. If you are posting a contest or other promotion for your website, please contact me first before posting here.

*Your personal items for sale/trade and Ebay auctions do not belong in this forum.
This forum is for deals from retailers only. If you do not know what a retailer is, then you are not one.

*No pirating or other illegal activities will take place anywhere on this site.

Thanks! Let's get some cheap games!
Your comments on these rules/guidelines are welcome.[/QUOTE]

Sorry friend didn't know.
I'll keep it light from here on out.
:rolleyes:
-----------------------------------
I definitely hope I come across a good PSP Go console this week, I will be browsing.

The GO is the PSP console that has the best or clearer screen resolution. Correct?

bread's done
Back